Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you're going to the Pensacola Interstate Fair, don't miss seeing this.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The midway operator,  Reithoffer Shows,  has a company compound situated right on the midway.  After you come in the main entrance to the fair,  turn left onto the midway and walk until you see this compound on your left.
You will see two of the most elaborate "RV's" you have ever seen in your life.
Two of these...

http://www.waymatic.com/gallery/deluxe_living.htm

Man,  now that's the way to travel.  lol

When you're on that page,  click on "trailer packages" on the left of the monitor screen.  This is the Indiana company which builds all the midway trailers for fairs and carnivals.

Also,  don't miss this grind show on the midway.  For a buck,  you can see the headless woman...

If you're going to the Pensacola Interstate Fair,  don't miss seeing this. Headle10
[url=[url=https://servimg.com/view/17592692/373]If you're going to the Pensacola Interstate Fair,  don't miss seeing this. Headwo10

Last edited by Bob on 10/22/2013, 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, did you see the headless woman?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:Bob, did you see the headless woman?
No I'm too squeamish for that.  I couldn't even look at the dead possum and he HAD a head.  lol

I'm hoping somebody else will spend the dollar and tell me what it is. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Bob, did you see the headless woman?
No I'm too squeamish for that.  I couldn't even look at the dead possum and he HAD a head.  lol

I'm hoping somebody else will spend the dollar and tell me what it is.  lol
I could tell you were curious about her, lol.   

I recently read that RV sales are on the upward swing.  I guess many baby boomers have decided:  To hell with waiting on the economy to get better, I'll die before it gets any better, gas prices are never going to be lower, and I'm going to spend my retirement money on travel.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Another great grind show at the fair is "SPIDORA - THE WOMAN WITH THE BODY OF A SPIDER".

If you're going to the Pensacola Interstate Fair,  don't miss seeing this. Spidor10

This humbug is a classic. It goes all the way back to the time of P.T. Barnum in the late 1800's.
Read about it. It's fascinating...

http://www.deceptology.com/2013/01/spidora-woman-with-body-of-spider.html

Nekochan

Nekochan

I like the note at the bottom of the page...

Call for an price quote on a unit like this!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:I like the note at the bottom of the page...

Call for an price quote on a unit like this!
I can't even imagine what that thing must cost.

Reithoffer Shows is missing the boat. I would rather have paid a dollar to see the inside of that thing than to see the headless woman or the spider. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

It looks super cool but....imagine all the great trips you could take for the rest of your life--flights, hotel rooms, cruises, sightseeing...for the price of that RV.

Which is only one reason why I would never buy something like that even if I won the $500 million lottery.   The other reason being that I wouldn't want to have to haul that monstrosity around. 

There are 4 night cruises being advertised right now out of Port Canaveral for $139 per person.   And this is on Royal Caribbean, not that redneck, stuck at sea Carnival group of sorry boats, lol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:It looks super cool but....imagine all the great trips you could take for the rest of your life--flights, hotel rooms, cruises, sightseeing...for the price of that RV.

Which is only one reason why I would never buy something like that even if I won the $500 million lottery.   The other reason being that I wouldn't want to have to haul that monstrosity around. 

There are 4 night cruises being advertised right now out of Port Canaveral for $139 per person.   And this is on Royal Caribbean, not that redneck, stuck at sea Carnival group of sorry boats, lol.
There's just something about a home on wheels which has always fascinated me. When I was a kid and discovered there was such a thing as a "Winnebago" I got obsessed with them. I sent off to the company for all the color brochures.
Then when I was in my mid-30's I got to take a 2000 mile trip in a motorhome (from here to Chicago and then to New York state and back).
After about a thousand miles of riding and sleeping in that thing I had no desire to do it again. lol

But if I was a filthy rich entertainer type, I'd have one of those rigs like at the fair. I would tell my tractor driver (notice it's pulled by an 18 wheeler tractor) where I wanted it to go. I would then fly in my private plane and get in my chauffer driven limo and go to where it was (for example, behind the stage of the arena I was performing in). I would chill in that thing, walk into the arena for a performance, and then walk back to it and start chilling again. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:It looks super cool but....imagine all the great trips you could take for the rest of your life--flights, hotel rooms, cruises, sightseeing...for the price of that RV.

There's just something about a home on wheels which has always fascinated me.  When I was a kid and discovered there was such a thing as a "Winnebago" I got obsessed with them.  I sent off to the company for all the color brochures.
Then when I was in my mid-30's I got to take a 2000 mile trip in a motorhome (from here to Chicago and then to New York state and back).
After about a thousand miles of riding and sleeping in that thing I had no desire to do it again.  lol

But if I was a filthy rich entertainer type,  I'd have one of those rigs like at the fair.  I would tell my tractor driver (notice it's pulled by an 18 wheeler tractor) where I wanted it to go.  I would then fly in my private plane and get in my chauffer driven limo and go to where it was (for example, behind the stage of the arena I was performing in).  I would chill in that thing,  walk into the arena for a performance,  and then walk back to it and start chilling again.  lol
Well, that's true...if you were filthy rich and could afford that RV, you'd have "people" to do all of the mundane stuff involved in getting a monstrosity like that around.   

Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for the ship in Port Canaveral. lol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That four night $139 cruise is a helluva deal.
You can't even get a Motel 6 room for $35/night. Let alone all the free gourmet dining to go with it.

But I can't go on a cruise for the same reason I can no longer go to all-you-can-eat buffets. I'd gain 50 pounds and have to go back on the insulin shots. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.cruises.com/sc.do?d=10/04/2013&d2=04/03/2016&i=858233&c=44&v=216&dsc=y

I almost made reservations for us for a Nov cruise.  Hubby has some vacation days he has to use before the end of the year.  But we have this stupid house we're working on that I want to have in some sort of order by Thanksgiving.

We live only a couple of hours or so from Port Canaveral.  So we wouldn't have that long of a drive to the port.   We have cruises out of Jax....but it's only on Carnival.

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/22/2013, 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

According to this, it takes $460 per day to incarcerate a prison inmate in New York City.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/30/nyc-cost-per-inmate-almost-equals-ivy-league-education-expenses-tied-to-rikers/

And you can have plush room and board on that cruise ship for $35 per day.

Those idiots in charge of the prisons are literally "missing the boat" (pun intended). They could put a fence around the deck of that cruise ship, put the inmates on a long cruise, and save tens of millions of dollars by doing so.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:According to this,  it takes $460 per day to incarcerate a prison inmate in New York City.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/30/nyc-cost-per-inmate-almost-equals-ivy-league-education-expenses-tied-to-rikers/

Those idiots in charge of the prisons are literally "missing the boat" (pun intended).  They could put a fence around the deck of that cruise ship,  put the inmates on a long cruise,  and save tens of millions of dollars by doing so.  
LOL, Bob...I love the way you think sometimes.  I'll tell you what...we took a Carnival cruise out of Mobile about 3 years ago and it was a hoot.  But if we had spent 2 more days on that boat, I probably would have thought I was in prison.   But I guess it was ok for the price (cheap!) and we only took the cruise to see Chichen Itza. 

Bob wrote:According to this,  it takes $460 per day to incarcerate a prison inmate in New York City.

Those idiots in charge of the prisons are literally "missing the boat" (pun intended).  They could put a fence around the deck of that cruise ship,  put the inmates on a long cruise,  and save tens of millions of dollars by doing so.  

United States[edit]
In the United States, the Vernon C. Bain Correctional Center is a prison barge operated by the New York City Department of Correction as an adjunct to Rikers Island, opened in 1992. However, it was built for this purpose rather than repurposed.[24]

In June 2008 The Guardian printed claims by Reprieve that US forces are holding people arrested in the War on Terrorism on active navy ships, including the USS Bataan and Peleliu, although this was denied by the US Navy.[25]

In 2009 the U.S. Navy converted the main deck aboard the supply ship USNS Lewis and Clark into a brig to hold pirates captured off the coast of Somalia until they could be transferred to Kenya for prosecution. The brig was capable of holding up to twenty-six prisoners and was operated by a detachment of Marines from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit.[26][27][28]

In 2011 the United States admitted holding terrorist suspects on ships at sea and claimed legal authority to do so.[29]

If you're going to the Pensacola Interstate Fair,  don't miss seeing this. 2173176137_55b07ee5da

[Image: The Bibby Renaissance, via Is this the first prison ship?]

The deeper I get into it, the more I realize an entire book could probably be written about the subject of floating prisons -– and who knows, maybe in another dream one day I’ll write it –- (there is probably already some magnificent mini opus out there that I have -- for at least the time being -- overlooked) but for now, let’s just settle for a quick and dirty Googleized survey.
Though it’s been mentioned here before (albeit pretty minimally, I’m afraid), some recent media coverage makes it’s worth highlighting again with maybe a bit more depth this time –- not to mention the fact I’ve taken a long break from posting and need get my own ship sailing again. And, more importantly, the topic’s relevance to our perpetual little niche of spacio-political inquiry here that, as Squarepusher puts it, stares sideways into infinity.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:If you're going to the Pensacola Interstate Fair,  don't miss seeing this. 2173176137_55b07ee5da
Don't show that thing to Carnival Cruise Lines. They'll have it sailing out of Stooderville. lol

Bob... Check your Gmail......

Bob wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:If you're going to the Pensacola Interstate Fair,  don't miss seeing this. 2173176137_55b07ee5da
Don't show that thing to Carnival Cruise Lines.  They'll have it sailing out of Stooderville.  lol
I dont think they can afford it right now. LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Bob...  Check your Gmail......
I just checked and for some reason I haven't received an email from you.
But i just sent you one so reply to that one.

Nekochan

Nekochan

So on that Carnival cruise out of Mobile... we pulled into port at Progresso.  That's where we boarded a bus to Chitzun Itza, which is an incredible Mayan archaeological site.   Many of our ship mates apparently never made it past the bars that are located right there where you get off the ship. I would say that some 3/4 of the passengers on that boat were interested in only two things--drinking and acting trashy.  And I'm not talking about college spring break kids.  Our cruise was in the fall and it was mostly 30-40 somethings.  It's like all the rules about manners and civility (if they ever learned them at all) went right out the porthole when they boarded that ship.

cool1

cool1

My sister took me to the fair she is very sweet --she won the throwing of the darts and won one of those Banana animals for keep sake for me--haven't seen her in 18 years lol--shes in the service.

Anyway I saw this clown and took a picture with him to show my daughter --everyone wanted to take a pic--of him at the same time. She hates clowns .

Anyway after--this man walks up--whats your name --from PNJ--LOL--So I ended up on Sat-pics at the fair ---in there pictures they collect .

I asked for a pic with him Rash the clown  I think that was his name --and Bob he is in one of those crazy places like that --then he said if you want a pic you must stand in front of my home LOL

So funny you can buy the pics---I just used a printer and printed mine out Laughing

I didn't go inside -I saw a man put a sword down his throat out front Shocked 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

cool1 wrote:My sister took me to the fair she is very sweet --she won the throwing of the darts and won one of those Banana animals for keep sake for me--haven't seen her in 18 years lol--shes in the service.

Anyway I saw this clown and took a picture with him to show my daughter --everyone wanted to take a pic--of him at the same time. She hates clowns .

Anyway after--this man walks up--whats your name --from PNJ--LOL--So I ended up on Sat-pics at the fair ---in there pictures they collect .

I asked for a pic with him Rash the clown  I think that was his name --and Bob he is in one of those crazy places like that --then he said if you want a pic you must stand in front of my home LOL

So funny you can buy the pics---I just used a printer and printed mine out Laughing

I'm glad you enjoyed the fair, Cool. I did too.
I've been going to the fair every year since 1956 when I was 7 years old and moved to Pensacola. Damn that's now 57 years.
Are you old enough to remember when the fair was located on Fairfield Drive?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think I remember going to the Fair on Fairfield when I was really young.   When did it move to Pine Forest Road/Mobile Hwy?  It must have been the late 60s?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
cool1 wrote:My sister took me to the fair she is very sweet --she won the throwing of the darts and won one of those Banana animals for keep sake for me--haven't seen her in 18 years lol--shes in the service.

I'm glad you enjoyed the fair,  Cool.  I did too.  
I've been going to the fair every year since 1956 when I was 7 years old and moved to Pensacola.  Damn that's now 57 years.
Are you old enough to remember when the fair was located on Fairfield Drive?
I remember.....we would get so excited driving there. You could see the lights and this huge amber glow....found out later that was a huge dust cloud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum