Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need some advice

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need some advice Empty Need some advice 8/20/2010, 7:07 am

So a while back I threw a party for my youngest sons bday. We put the tent up in the back yard, all his little freinds came over. We cooked out hot dogs and made smores on the fire pit.

Now the fire pit is enclosed. You know the type. Stands up, metal, a lid that fits on it.

A woman a couple of blocks over called the police on us around 7pm saying the smoke was coimng in her window from our fire. Complaining she had no aircont and the smoke was making her sick.

Mind you this is 2 blocks away.

Well the police came, we had a good laugh and he went on his way and threatened to come back if I made steaks LOL

Well, the next day I wake up and this lady had left 3 notes telling me her story, one of them was an apology.

and the next day we woke up to 2 dragon blow up water floats on my deck with a note for the kids, and again telling me her life story and a apology.

WELL, she came over last night AGAIN. Aparently she has purchased a gift of some sort of CD, but it is for my gf who she had spoken with the night of the party. I was busy with the boys.

I told her she shouldnt be buying gifts, she needed to save her money times are hard.

She was studdering and we all felt very sorry for her.

Should my family befreind this woman and try to help her or stay far away from her because she is crazy?

What's your thoughts?

2Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 8/20/2010, 10:02 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy8 wrote:So a while back I threw a party for my youngest sons bday. We put the tent up in the back yard, all his little freinds came over. We cooked out hot dogs and made smores on the fire pit.

Now the fire pit is enclosed. You know the type. Stands up, metal, a lid that fits on it.

A woman a couple of blocks over called the police on us around 7pm saying the smoke was coimng in her window from our fire. Complaining she had no aircont and the smoke was making her sick.

Well the police came, we had a good laugh and he went on his way and threatened to come back if I made steaks LOL

Well, the next day I wake up and this lady had left 3 notes telling me her story, one of them was an apology.

and the next day we woke up to 2 dragon blow up water floats on my deck with a note for the kids, and again telling me her life story and a apology.

WELL, she came over last night AGAIN. Aparently she has purchased a gift of some sort of CD, but it is for my gf who she had spoken with the night of the party. I was busy with the boys.

I told her she shouldnt be buying gifts, she needed to save her money times are hard.

Should my family befreind this woman and try to help her or stay far away from her because she is crazy?

What's your thoughts?

This kind of person scares the tar out of me. I have met a few they are just too clingy and will turn on you in a heartbeat. My advice be civil but keep your distance..

3Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 8/20/2010, 10:38 am

I would but with extreme caution.

4Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 8/20/2010, 11:54 am

catfriedlegs

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:So a while back I threw a party for my youngest sons bday. We put the tent up in the back yard, all his little freinds came over. We cooked out hot dogs and made smores on the fire pit.

What's your thoughts?

This kind of person scares the tar out of me. I have met a few they are just too clingy and will turn on you in a heartbeat. My advice be civil but keep your distance..

Teo, this is excellent advice.
The poor lady is probably very lonely and needs companionship. As RetiredAF said, people like that can be very clingy and he's very right! Sounds to me like already some boundaries are being crossed and once that happens, people start getting pissed. Some people don't have any boundaries at all unfortunately. This may be the case with this woman who obviously means well.
If you feel put out by her then that should be a warning that you might have to tell her straight up that you're not able to have people over at short notice. And don't say anything more than that or feel like you have to explain. It's hard to put your foot down with people like that but you have to do it now before it becomes more of an issue.

5Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 8/20/2010, 7:49 pm

I can see this is going to be a problem for me. I'm already talking myself out of listening to good advice.

I've always been a person who felt the need to take in the strays. Even as a kid.

Get's me in so much trouble but has also given me many blessings.

I really dont know what to do about this woman. I feel really bad for her.

My luck I'll befreind the woman and try to help her out and she will stab me or something.

She was telling us while standing at our door last night how she saves up her money during the summer by not using aircont to pay for her heat in the winter. This kind of stuff gets to me.

I'm gonna try not to think about now. But I bet she shows up this weekend if not tonight. I may hide.

6Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 8/20/2010, 7:52 pm

catfriedlegs

Nothing wrong with helping people out. Just have to set limits.
Got to say that this lady sounds a little manipulative. If you hear warning bells going off inside your head, rest assured there is good reason for this.
Draw boundaries now or she's going to hang at your door like a stray cat.
Don't feed the alligators.

7Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 8/20/2010, 8:34 pm

Yella

Yella

Chrissy8 wrote:I can see this is going to be a problem for me. I'm already talking myself out of listening to good advice.

I've always been a person who felt the need to take in the strays. Even as a kid.

Get's me in so much trouble but has also given me many blessings.

I really dont know what to do about this woman. I feel really bad for her.

My luck I'll befreind the woman and try to help her out and she will stab me or something.

She was telling us while standing at our door last night how she saves up her money during the summer by not using aircont to pay for her heat in the winter. This kind of stuff gets to me.

I'm gonna try not to think about now. But I bet she shows up this weekend if not tonight. I may hide.

Don't let her in the house, Chrissy, she's not playing with a full deck.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum