Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moving to P-Cola

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Moving to P-Cola Empty Moving to P-Cola 8/29/2018, 12:27 pm

parker1janet

The wife and I spent a week in your lovely town in July. We are both in our late fifties and loved the area. We loved it so much that we are looking to move there in May of next year. We will be able to purchase a new home and pay cash for it. We are both professional and once there we will most likely not need to make as much as we do at present. Most probably we could live quite well on 13-15 and hour. I want to solicit peoples opinions and advice on what the job market is like and what advice you can offer on areas where housing is around 135,000 and middle class. I would also like to ask people what they think of your little slice of beach heaven

2Moving to P-Cola Empty Re: Moving to P-Cola 8/29/2018, 12:54 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I love Pcola... but don't live there anymore. I lived in east hill for decades tho and recommend it. But the west side is a bit more affordable these days. Not sure what advice i could give on the job market... but there should be plenty of options in that wage line. Best of luck.

3Moving to P-Cola Empty Re: Moving to P-Cola 8/29/2018, 10:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

East Hill is out of your price range I agree with Pkrbum...the west side of town or the older sections of north east area. The beaches are great and so many activities and events.

What type of professions do you have? Knowing a generalization would be helpful.

4Moving to P-Cola Empty Professions 8/30/2018, 5:52 am

parker1janet

I have a degree in computer science with a concentration on networking and hardware. I also an extensive background in CAD design and truss design. I currently work as a buyer for a large contractor supply yard. The wife has been in AR/AP for over thirty years.

5Moving to P-Cola Empty Re: Moving to P-Cola 8/30/2018, 10:46 am

2seaoat

Look to rent for a year and wait to determine were you buy your house based on employment. You can go from Navarre Beach to Perdido Bay with beautiful natural areas, and affordable housing, but traveling a long distance because you purchased a home before knowing what was available probably is a bit risky. Highway 98 can be a nightmare of traffic, but if you get a rental home for a year, you will discover where you will be working and what is the best commute, and value area.

I have lived in Garcon point and Navarre Beach and there are plenty of homes which meet your critera in those areas, but the Garcon toll bridge is a problem and 98 is a problem. Interview for jobs. Navy Federal is booming and with your tech skills you should have no problem.

6Moving to P-Cola Empty Re: Moving to P-Cola 8/30/2018, 2:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

parker1janet wrote:I have a degree in computer science with a concentration on networking and hardware. I also an extensive background in CAD design and truss design. I currently work as a buyer for a large contractor supply yard. The wife has been in AR/AP for over thirty years.

You and your wife should not have a problem.

7Moving to P-Cola Empty Thanks For The Advice 8/31/2018, 6:20 am

parker1janet

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have left advice. We noticed the friendly nature of so many people on our visit. Our home state of Tennessee recently received a unique distinction as being the #1 state in the country for angry people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum