Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To anyone who might be reading this discussion forum because you saw mention of it by someone in the newspaper.

+3
QueenOfHearts
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The comment you read summed up what we do here as "racist".

We all invite you to read some of the discussion and decide for yourself
if that's what you get out of reading this.

If there's any one thing that characterizes these discussions it's that we don't have the censorship you and others experience when contributing to the newspaper. Or if you only read and don't participate, you don't get to read stuff over there that's not put through the filter of censorship. Here you will get to read that.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:The comment you read summed up what we do here as "racist".

We all invite you to read some of the discussion and decide for yourself
if that's what you get out of reading this.

If there's any one thing that characterizes these discussions it's that we don't have the censorship you and others experience when contributing to the newspaper.  Or if you only read and don't participate,  you don't get to read stuff over there that's not put through the filter of censorship.  Here you will get to read that.

cheers

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I did find this forum after reading the letter to the PNJ. I recognized the writer's name from previous letters to the editor. Rolling Eyes 

I did not see a spot for new members to post, so I thought I'd do it here. Hello! Very Happy 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

QueenOfHearts wrote:I did find this forum after reading the letter to the PNJ.  I recognized the writer's name from previous letters to the editor. Rolling Eyes 

I did not see a spot for new members to post, so I thought I'd do it here.  Hello!  Very Happy 
Welcome to PDF,  Queen. I really like that avatar.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Welcome, and I hope you won't be too disappointed that you don't see the word "colored" here and "colored" there on the forum tonight. 

The word of the day today is:  Obamacare!

Markle

Markle

QueenOfHearts wrote:I did find this forum after reading the letter to the PNJ.  I recognized the writer's name from previous letters to the editor. Rolling Eyes 

I did not see a spot for new members to post, so I thought I'd do it here.  Hello!  Very Happy 
Welcome! Always good to see a new...Avatar.

I invite you to enter into any thread in which you have an interest. I also caution you that if you are thin skinned, you may wish tread lightly. There are a few here who are incapable of expressing themselves in a cogent rebuttal. In lieu, they launch full out attacks on the author, their heritage and anything else they can say with the intent of scaring you away. My usual practice is to kill them with kindness. That really gets under their skin. I'm proud to say I've been called things I've had to look up in an urban dictionary.

Good luck!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Markle wrote:

Welcome!  Always good to see a new...Avatar.

I invite you to enter into any thread in which you have an interest.  I also caution you that if you are thin skinned, you may wish tread lightly.  There are a few here who are incapable of expressing themselves in a cogent rebuttal.  In lieu, they launch full out attacks on the author, their heritage and anything else they can say with the intent of scaring you away.  My usual practice is to kill them with kindness.  That really gets under their skin.  I'm proud to say I've been called things I've had to look up in an urban dictionary.

Good luck!
What a Face What a Face What a Face

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

QueenOfHearts,

Mr. markle is right.  I'm constantly told by one particular participant here that I'm a "progressive" and "liberal" and constantly told I'm a "liar" and "plagiarist" and constantly told I provide "nothing" to the discussions.  And I'm usually told that when I say I don't worship Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.
So Mr. Markle is absolutely right,  you need a thick skin to be here.  lol

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Bob wrote:QueenOfHearts,

Mr. markle is right.  I'm constantly told by one particular participant here that I'm a "progressive" and "liberal" and constantly told I'm a "liar" and "plagiarist" and constantly told I provide "nothing" to the discussions.  And I'm usually told that when I say I don't worship Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.
Thanks for the warning Bob and Mr. Markle. I have been reviewing different sections of the forum and I noticed some members seem to have difficulty just having a discussion when opinions differ. It won't bother me, it just helps me weed out the idiots. Laughing 

2seaoat

I'm proud to say I've been called things I've had to look up in an urban dictionary.

There you go.....I call you a gentleman and you need to look it up in the dictionary.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

from the urban dictionary.

gentleman

Something very rare today. A man who is respectful and considerate of those around him. Acts politely. Treats women with respect. Open doors for them, pulls out chairs, and is classy. What more guys should be. Because regardless of what your testosterone driven buddies tell you, treating people with respect and being polite doesn't make you a "fag" or "wimp" or whatever. It makes you a good person and will really benefit you in life.

So a gentleman is someone who opens doors for women and is not a fag. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

also from the urban dictionary

liberal

Liberal is a person with liberal views. However, an EXTREME liberal is the WORST type of person. To start with they brainwash people. Then they convince you that their pre made views they hand to you are open minded. They tell you to hate Republicans and everyone who thinks differently than you. They are the first to throw around the word racist. Most extreme liberal abuse minorities. They look for a group typically blacks or hispanics, convince them they are nothing and need the liberals to survive, then exploit them for political power. Extreme liberals are usually igorant but claim everyone else is. They pretend to be looking out for the people but are only looking out for themselves. Some day people will realize this is the truth.

conservative

1) One who espouses a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change.

2) One who believes in less government being better government.

3) One who believes in such "outmoded" ideas as civil liberties (freedom of speech, separation of church and state, right to keep and bear arms, that kind of thing)

4) One for whom the Republican Party no longer truly speaks.

5) a word that today's so-called "conservatives" don't know the definition of.

Somewhere Merriam and Webster are turning over in their graves.  lol

QueenOfHearts wrote:

Thanks for the warning Bob and Mr. Markle.  I have been reviewing different sections of the forum and I noticed some members seem to have difficulty just having a discussion when opinions differ. It won't bother me, it just helps me weed out the idiots. Laughing 
It will be very lonely for you if you weed out all of us idiots.

QueenOfHearts wrote:

Thanks for the warning Bob and Mr. Markle.  I have been reviewing different sections of the forum and I noticed some members seem to have difficulty just having a discussion when opinions differ. It won't bother me, it just helps me weed out the idiots. Laughing 
So............. Tell us about yourself.

You should know this is a unprofessional forum. We come here to poke each others eyes out and occasionally other things. pirat 

Sooooooooooooo you could have just looked on, but you choose to signup and get a siggy. Welcome!

All eyes on you. Cool 

knothead

knothead

Please allow me along with the other forum members to also welcome you to our group Queenie . . . . . and yes it is essentially a group of very good people with diverse views and none are afraid to share or defend them. As Chrissy said we are happy to have you but we will all look forward to you elbowing yourself into areas that interest you . . . . . pirat 

To anyone who might be reading this discussion forum because you saw mention of it by someone in the newspaper. Th?id=H.4560341631567592&w=294&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Welcome to the forum Queenie.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kb2x0D584c

Cool 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Thanks all for the welcome! I am a 52-year old married female with two children and lots of pets. I have lived in the northwest Florida area for 30 years now.

Politically I am a mixed bag. Most things are not black and white for me. I do not believe our government should be so involved in our lives; it is not up to the government to take care of us or tell us out to live our lives. I do believe as individuals we have a moral obligation to help those less fortunate and are in actual need of assistance.

Although I can be as snarky as the best of them, I tend to ignore over-the-top behavior. I don't think it is necessary for me to point out that someone is an idiot; I figure it is probably pretty obvious!

Thanks again for the welcome. I am looking forward to participating on this forum.

I'm not really as liberal/progressive as you might think from reading my posts... welcome from me too.

Well, Cat did stir new participants so that is a good thing. Welcome Queenie. I hope you are who you say you are. Time will tell.

QueenOfHearts wrote:Thanks all for the welcome!  I am a 52-year old married female with two children and lots of pets.  I have lived in the northwest Florida area for 30 years now.

Politically I am a mixed bag.  Most things are not black and white for me.  I do not believe our government should be so involved in our lives; it is not up to the government to take care of us or tell us out to live our lives.  I do believe as individuals we have a moral obligation to help those less fortunate and are in actual need of assistance.

Although I can be as snarky as the best of them, I tend to ignore over-the-top behavior.  I don't think it is necessary for me to point out that someone is an idiot; I figure it is probably pretty obvious!

Thanks again for the welcome.  I am looking forward to participating on this forum.

Yeah, love a politically mixed bag person. Smile 

Yeah no need to point anything out about any of us to us. we all have been poking each others eyes out for 7 to 9 years now.

BTW, these people pay me to agitate them because they all are stuck a home wearing depends and they need entertainment. pirat 

BTW, these people pay me to agitate them because they all are stuck a home wearing depends and they need entertainment

Check is in the Mail. Little late this month. Government shut down..sorry

Mr Ichi wrote:BTW, these people pay me to agitate them because they all are stuck a home wearing depends and they need entertainment

Check is in the Mail.  Little late this month. Government shut down..sorry
LOL

Damn, I hope my M&M doesn't melt Mad 

Jake92

Welcome Queenie.. A few of us are meeting at Hardee's on Navy Blvd Friday morning.. You're very welcome to join us..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum