Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Live for Today

+4
2seaoat
stormwatch89
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Live for Today  Empty Live for Today 9/30/2013, 9:55 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

With the economy the way it is.....people that only live for today will be in trouble. Too many spend spend spend and never plan for the future.

2Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 10:34 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

If the government shuts down....all the checks will be late. If you live paycheck to pay check....yikes!

3Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 11:06 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm glad I went to the commissary over the weekend.

4Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 12:09 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Oh my, they sounded so much sexier younger.  Sad Sad 

I think most of us here are planners, the problem is Govt keeps changing the rules making planning impossible.

Joani, listen to them when they were hot and young!  pant, pant!

5Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 1:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I loved them......couldn't find a you tube that would load. Your link didn't play for me.

Storm their are some people that didn't plan for themselves and when they had resources they spent it... now, they depend on getting money through others.

6Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 1:39 pm

2seaoat

Thanks for the songs......they had it right. Life has important things and it has unimportant things, and living for today is wise. I am not suggesting reckless choices, but worrying about what will happen next year, or ten years in the future often has a person not living for today in most cases.......and sadly tomorrow may never come.

7Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 1:46 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Thanks for the songs......they had it right.  Life has important things and it has unimportant things, and living for today is wise.   I am not suggesting reckless choices, but worrying about what will happen next year, or ten years in the future often has a person not living for today in most cases.......and sadly tomorrow may never come.

You are right.....as long as you are not living one paycheck to another.

8Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 2:03 pm

Sal

Sal

stormwatch89 wrote:Oh my,
lol

Joanie's clip was from nine years ago.

Imagine how much more decrepit they are now.

affraid 

9Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 2:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Oh my,
lol

Joanie's clip was from nine years ago.

Imagine how much more decrepit they are now.

affraid 

They are old.....they were in their prime during the late 60's and early 70's.

10Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 2:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal, I could get this one to open.....see if you can.

11Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 2:46 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Smile 
It worked for me, Joani.  I love that old 70s music, before disco.   When I was in high school, disco had taken over.Sad

12Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 2:51 pm

2seaoat

Bread......that brings back memories. My wife and I had not officially met. We were at a large party. People were drinking way too much. If you remember the scene in Animal House where Belushi is walking up the stairs and this guy on a guitar is strumming some corny song as folks gathered on the stairs......Belushi looks......begins to walk by.......then just breaks the guitar. Well, my wife remembers her first encounter with me as a friend had a tendency at any party to shut the music off and sit where the speakers were and start strumming Bread songs.......well I did a Belushi on him. I apologized to him the next morning, and NO I did not break his guitar, but I was brutal as he always crashed the party with damn Bread songs and this weepy presentation.......but yes.....my wife remembers the big guy with long hair hassling the guy playing Bread songs......It was instinctual...........I mean any male who was going to bring out his guitar and strum Bread songs should have been summarily executed......I just cut his concert short.

13Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 3:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

14Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 3:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

15Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 3:58 pm

Sal

Sal

There was certainly some interesting music being produced in that time period ...

... you're just not posting any of it.

lol

16Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 4:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yuk.

17Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 4:36 pm

Sal

Sal

That's how I feel about the Eagles.

A month or so ago, there was a story about a woman who stabbed her roommate because he wouldn't stop playing the Eagles repeatedly.

I kinda sympathized with that woman.

lol

18Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

19Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:27 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Joanimaroni wrote:I loved them......couldn't find a you tube that would load. Your link didn't play for me.

Storm their are some people that didn't plan for themselves and when they had resources they spent it... now, they depend on getting money through others.
I know, I know!  Didn't mean to bogart that thread but, they were hotter than hot when I had a thermometer! Very Happy 

Wonderful how music and animals seem to bring us all together.

My Daddy and I constantly disagreed on music......y'all know the routine if you lived in the 60-70 era.  I wore headphones while he diligently drove me to concerts with the classical stuff on the radio.

This song was the last we listened to together and agreed we loved it, both of us!

It always makes me think of US., sorry, my Dad and me.

Last edited by stormwatch89 on 9/30/2013, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:35 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Beautiful music and lyrics.

21Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Most requested dance song....

22Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:42 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I loved them......couldn't find a you tube that would load. Your link didn't play for me.

I know, I know!  Didn't mean to bogart that thread but, they were hotter than hot when I had a thermometer! Very Happy 

Wonderful how music and animals seem to bring us all together.

My Daddy and I constantly disagreed on music......y'all know the routine if you lived in the 60-70 era.  I wore headphones while he diligently drove me to concerts with the classical stuff on the radio.

This song was the last we listened to together and agreed we loved it, both of us!

It always makes me think of US., sorry, my Dad and me.

That song sounds remarkably like one of my favorite Christian Hymns...O Sacred Head Now Wounded I would be willing to bet ole Paul got his inspiration from it....

23Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:43 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

My daddy loved The Sons of the Pioneers and Gene Autry.  I didn't really have an appreciation for that kind of music until I grew up.

24Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:44 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

25Live for Today  Empty Re: Live for Today 9/30/2013, 5:45 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

HELL NO, JOANI!
Just cuz your marriage lasted............Very Happy 

This was the sickening song of one of mine..........puke.

Last edited by stormwatch89 on 9/30/2013, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum