Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Air America. Isn't this how the vietnam war started?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Ain't land mines now illegal?

The United States has a detachment of 100 special forces troops in the region as part of Operation Observant Compass and is seeking the extension of an existing helicopter operation to support the international contingent fighting Kony. That anti-Kony operation could extend into late 2015, military records show.

The aircraft would carry a variety of weapons, records show, including rocket-propelled grenades and land mines

Here's the whole story.
http://www.pnj.com/usatoday/article/2862097

Markle

Markle

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Ain't land mines now illegal?

The United States has a detachment of 100 special forces troops in the region as part of Operation Observant Compass and is seeking the extension of an existing helicopter operation to support the international contingent fighting Kony. That anti-Kony operation could extend into late 2015, military records show.

The aircraft would carry a variety of weapons, records show, including rocket-propelled grenades and land mines

Here's the whole story.
http://www.pnj.com/usatoday/article/2862097
I'm not 100% certain but I believe land mines are legal but they have to have some sort of mechanism to disarm the mine after a year. I seem to remember there were many groups working for a solution to mines being in farm fields and other areas years after a conflict killing and maiming innocent civilians.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

gulfbeachbandit wrote: Isn't this how the vietnam war started?
Probably so. When I was dodging the draft, it was mainly because I didn't know what in hell a "gook" was, where he was, or what my beef was with him. And now I don't have a clue what a "kony" is, where he is, and what my beef with him is either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum