Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ted Cruz says we need a 100 more Jessie Helms

+4
polecat
Sal
knothead
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I must be imagining that a new candidate for president in the Republican Party is arguing that the racist Jessie Helms who would sing Dixie when the only black woman senator would get on an elevator is the new role model for the crazies. It now becomes simple. The Dixiecrats have taken over the Republican Party, and the attempt by traditional Republicans to pull Trent Lott from leadership after his praise another racist presidential candidate has been replaced by crickets............silence will tell the whole story about the political divide in America today, and Cruz is at least honest enough to let everybody know the strategy and who he is appealing......crickets.

2seaoat wrote:I must be imagining that a new candidate for president in the Republican Party is arguing that the racist Jessie Helms who would sing Dixie when the only black woman senator would get on an elevator is the new role model for the crazies.   It now becomes simple.   The Dixiecrats have taken over the Republican Party, and the attempt by traditional Republicans to pull Trent Lott from leadership after his praise another racist presidential candidate has been replaced by crickets............silence will tell the whole story about the political divide in America today, and Cruz is at least honest enough to let everybody know the strategy and who he is appealing......crickets.
OK Seaoat, I know for sure now that you have satellite radio and listen to the Progress station, just like I do. You come up with way too many subjects that they've just discussed on there for me not to notice. Did you hear the part about him giving Jesse Helms $10 when he was something like 12 years old? He said it was 20 weeks of his allowance,so he figured he was, percentage wise, Helms largest contributor that year.
Was it Rachal Maddow on there today? I think it was.  Anyway, she commented on what awful parents Cruz must have had to have brainwashed such a young kid into contributing to Helms,instead of spending his money on the kind of things a normal 12 year old would buy.My thoughts on the subject were the same,but also that .50 cents a week is a very paltry allowance for a 12 year old.I know my parents gave me at least a buck or more at 12,and I  am far,far older than Cruz. I hope they didn't expect him to do too many chores for that kind of money. Smile If I were 12 years old and had $10, I'd have spent it on a good catcher's mitt instead of some political candidate.

knothead

knothead

I've heard that Ted was smart, a good student at Harvard and as one Democratic Senator said, "He wasn't on the floor of the Senate but 5.5 minutes before announcing his desire to become POTUS" so I give him credit for his own self edification and now this. It is so outrageous but by embracing the Jesse Helms political ideology he will hear complete silence from his colleagues and yes . . . . crickets.

2seaoat

Since moving I now have been exposed to progressive radio. Many of the things I post as a devil's advocate are meant to be thought provoking. I do not agree with much of what I listen, but it is just so much more intelligent discussion of issues that it has grown on me. I have direct TV and I split time between fox and MSNBC. It really is nice however, to get the intelligent discussions on the radio. I think if all Americans could listen to progressive and Fox, we would have a better country.....both are correct some of the time.......and both are dead wrong some of the time, but listening to both covers the field, and allows a person to make intelligent choices.

I listened to Lawrence this evening and posted this thread.

2seaoat

It is so outrageous but by embracing the Jesse Helms political ideology he will hear complete silence from his colleagues and yes . . . . crickets.

This forum will have crickets on this subject......because racism is just in Seaoat's imagination, and politicians do not leverage the same for political purpose. Ted Cruz is so blatant in this strategy because he thinks he can win in America by consolidating the Republican Primary with the necessary racism, and then moderating for the general election.....how did that work out for Romney.

Like Obama, he doesn't have enough experience to run for POTUS, Even now O still doesn't have enough experience. Lol

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Like Obama, he doesn't have enough experience to run for POTUS, Even now O still doesn't have enough experience. Lol

That's not how the American public views it . . . . . he won!

It surely is how most people feel try looking at his poll numbers

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:It surely is how most people feel try looking at his poll numbers

There was a poll taken on 11/06/2012.

It's the only one that matters.

He's not running again, dingus.

polecat

polecat

Oh please put Ted and Rand out front for the next election please.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:It surely is how most people feel try looking at his poll numbers

There was a poll taken on 11/06/2012.
It's the only one that matters.

He's not running again, dingus.
Yeah, but some of those Frightwingers are certain that voter-fraud put Obama back in office that day. Heck, most of those folks are still looking for a certifiable birth certificate, and some are still researching Obama's Kenyan roots.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat wrote:Since moving I now have been exposed to progressive radio.  Many of the things I post as a devil's advocate are meant to be thought provoking.  I do not agree with much of what I listen, but it is just so much more intelligent discussion of issues that it has grown on me.   I have direct TV and I split time between fox and MSNBC.   It really is nice however, to get the intelligent discussions on the radio.  I think if all Americans could listen to progressive and Fox, we would have a better country.....both are correct some of the time.......and both are dead wrong some of the time, but listening to both covers the field, and allows a person to make intelligent choices.

I listened to Lawrence this evening and posted this thread.
LOL, I'm not putting you down for it. I've also posted issues that I heard on the radio. I listen to progressive when I'm in my care, but not when I'm at home. I really don't listen to radio or music much when I'm home. I turn the TV on for the noise and find something else to do.There are some great programs on Progress. I especially like the morning show with Ms Miller. She is hilarious along with her great commentary.
Did you notice what was said about John Wayne in the story? I hate to hear personal info about him, I'm always so disappointed. I worshiped him when I was a kid.

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Yeah, but some of those Frightwingers are certain that voter-fraud put Obama back in office that day. Heck, most of those folks are still looking for a certifiable birth certificate, and some are still researching Obama's Kenyan roots.
You should try listening to WEBY sometime.  Oh my.  I gave up on it because it went from being so ridiculous that it was funny, to being completely divorced from reality and not funny at all.  I checked back in on WEBY yesterday and heard everything from "Bush created millions of private sector jobs!" to "Obama ain't even 'murican!" to "Why don't we just tell muslims that we're going to nuke them all if they don't settle down?  And actually mean it?" (that last one was said by Randy form the old PNJ forum)

I can only laugh at the latest WW3 viral video being passed around by conservatives (and I believe posted somewhere on this forum).  None of them seem able to stop and realize that what they are listening to isn't an accurate representation of liberal views.  They are instead listening to the completely divorced from reality, straw man views that they attribute to liberals.  Meanwhile, I can turn on WEBY and actually hear real people, no actors, but real people saying what they honestly believe....and it is way more out to lunch the the WW3 satire.  It isn't even close!

Last edited by boards of FL on 9/14/2013, 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Yeah, but some of those Frightwingers are certain that voter-fraud put Obama back in office that day. Heck, most of those folks are still looking for a certifiable birth certificate, and some are still researching Obama's Kenyan roots.
You should try listening to WEBY sometime.  Oh my.  I gave up on it because it went from being so ridiculous that it was funny, to being completely divorced from reality and not funny at all.  I checked back in on WEBY yesterday and heard everything from "Bush created millions of private sector jobs!" to "Obama ain't even 'murican!" to "Why don't we just tell muslims that we're going to nuke them all if they don't settle down?  And actually mean it?" (that last one was said by Randy form the old PNJ forum)

I can only laugh at the latest WW3 viral video being passed around by conservatives (and I believe posted somewhere on this forum).  None of them seem able to stop and realize that what they are listening to isn't an accurate representation of liberal views.  They are instead listening to the completely divorced from reality, straw man views that they attribute to liberals.  Meanwhile, I can turn on WEBY and actually here real people, no actors, but real people saying what they honestly believe....and it is way more out to lunch the the WW3 satire.  It isn't even close!
You should work in my office daily, I don't have to listen to talk radio, there is enough hate for democrats than all of Pensacola.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have to listen to it from my own sister...on Facebook.  As in: ""Like" if you are proud of your country but ashamed of its President."  or "Obama's really a Muslim"...(because he's been seen in the company of Muslims).  OMG, nobody batted an eyelash when Bush kissed his buddy and long-term business partner, the Saudi prince.  And no one seems to be able to put it together that the supposed hijackers on 9/11 were mostly Saudis and haven't gone to meet Allah.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

But here's a bright spot in an otherwise dreary landscape: TX State Senator Wendy Davis.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/05/1236356/-TX-State-Sen-Wendy-Davis-Wins-Lawsuit-Against-Racist-GOP-Redistricting-Plan?detail=action

From Lone Star Project:

Earlier today (Wednesday), the three-judge Federal District Court in San Antonio handling the Texas redistricting litigation entered a final judgment in the Texas State Senate redistricting law suit. In its ruling, the Court made clear that Wendy Davis and her fellow plaintiffs in the case won and Greg Abbott, representing the Republican state leadership, lost.

Greg Abbott served as the primary legal counsel to the State of Texas during the consideration of redistricting by the Legislature and defended the State’s redistricting plans in federal court. His efforts in redistricting have been nothing short of an embarrassing debacle.

Abbott advised the Legislature to configure and adopt redistricting plans that the federal courts ruled to be in violation of the US Voting Rights Act. Two of the three redistricting plans were ruled to be drawn with discriminatory intent. Abbott has spent millions of dollars in Texas taxpayer funds to unsuccessfully defend redistricting plans that were unfair and illegal. Abbott’s actions go beyond partisanship to illustrate profound incompetence and open hostility to Hispanics, African Americans and other fair-minded Texans....

Here is the entire court order:

WENDY DAVIS; MARC VEASEY; ROY BROOKS; VICKY BARGAS; PAT PANGBURN; FRANCES DELEON; DOROTHY DEBOSE; and SARAH JOYNER
Plaintiffs
v.

RICK PERRY, in his official capacity as Governor of the State of Texas;
JOHN STEEN, in his official capacity as Secretary of State of the State of Texas;
BOYD RICHIE, in his official capacity as Chair of the Texas Democratic Party;
and STEVE MUNISTERI, in his official capacity as Chair of the Republican Party of Texas.
Defendants

FINAL JUDGMENT
This Court previously ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED:
that Plaintiffs’ request for declaratory relief was granted to the extent that Senate plan S100, the benchmark plan, violates the one-person, one-vote requirements of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution and will not be used for any further elections;
that Plaintiffs’ request for injunctive relief was granted such that Senate plan S148, the 2011 enacted plan, has been permanently enjoined from implementation and no elections have been or will be held thereunder; and
that Plan S172, which was reviewed under the standard set forth in Perry v. Perez and restored district 10 to near benchmark configuration and remedied the constitutional infirmities being asserted by Plaintiffs, was to be used for the 2012 election.

It is further ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED:
that because (1) Plan S148 has been repealed, (2) Plaintiffs agree that Plan S172 does not violate the Voting Rights Act or the Constitution, and (3) Plaintiffs do not seek any further relief with regard to Plan S148, Plaintiffs’ remaining claims under § 2 of the Voting Rights Act and the Constitution are DISMISSED AS MOOT; and
that, as prevailing parties, Plaintiffs are awarded their reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
Pursuant to Fed.R.Civ.P. 54(d)(2) and W.D. Tex. Rule CV-7(j), Plaintiffs may file their applications for attorneys’ fees and costs no later than twenty days after entry of judgment. If the application is opposed in whole or in part, a response in opposition shall be filed no later than ten days after the filing of the application.
SIGNED AND ENTERED this 4th day of September, 2013.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The Tea Party is ripping the Republican Party apart from the inside. The GOP is going to be significantly weaker going into 2014. It should be a fun year to watch politics.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
You should try listening to WEBY sometime.  Oh my.  
It's 1330 AM. The time to listen is from 4 to 6 in the afternoon.
It's the same 8 or 10 callers who call in on every show. And it's usually the most bizarre thing you will ever hear on radio.

polecat

polecat

Today’s #Foxpitch: Racism is over, too!

Because the new Miss America can’t be a “Real American.” Just look at how brown she is compared to that Miss Kansas!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum