Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alan Grayson is Shrill

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alan Grayson is Shrill Empty Alan Grayson is Shrill 9/5/2013, 10:00 am

Sal

Sal

I know you wingnutz hate him, but when the man is right, he is spot on.

Congressman Alan Grayson is having none of the Obama administration's arguments that the United States needs to intervene in Syria.

"It's simply not our responsibility. We're not the world's policeman," the Orlando Democrat said Monday on CNN. "We're in a situation where we're just not going to do anything that's going to do any good."

Grayson bluntly summed up the situation: "It's expensive, it's dangerous, it won't do any good, and the people are against it."

The congressman dismissed the view that a strike on Syria will send a deterrent message to Iran and others in the region. "That's the old domino theory from Vietnam, dredged up," he said. Grayson called it "the Bomb-ino theory" and "a farce."

"If we want to deal with Iran, we should deal with Iran," Grayson said. "If we want to deal with Lebanon, we should deal with Lebanon."

Instead of a costly military strike, the United States should focus on humanitarian efforts, Grayson said. "The killing is going to continue anyway. The civil war's been going on for years," he said.

The United States must recognize its limitations; otherwise it's hubris, Grayson said.

Grayson isn't buying the arguments of Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that the United States must act in Syria.

"I don't believe in humanitarian wars. I don't believe in humanitarian bombings," Grayson said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-alan-grayson-syria-is-not-our-responsibility-20130903,0,5543222.post

2Alan Grayson is Shrill Empty Re: Alan Grayson is Shrill 9/5/2013, 12:21 pm

A moment of clarity.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum