Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"I didn't join Navy to fight for Al Qaeda" US servicemen

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan

Nekochan

But you can't join up and then choose your battles and wars.

knothead

knothead

Agree Neko . . . . . . this "soldier" needs to face a court martial and thrown out on a dishonorable discharge . . .

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yep, it's an all voluntary force but you give up the right to pick and choose your mission when you join.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

So if at some point in WW2 the troops were told to support the NAZIs in taking a French town that would be okay with you citizens ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Soldiers can disobey an unlawful order.
Do you think soldiers should be able to just pick and choose which wars they participate in?

perhaps the only people who can save our country are the military when they speak up like this.

instead of the gov trying to scare the populace with use of military against us, perhaps the gov needs to know they really don't have that tool to use against us and therefore need to heed and do what the populace has elected them to do. run the country and not think of citizens as the enemy.

just a thought.

Nekochan

Nekochan

If a service member decides to be some kind of a martyr then he/she must be willing to face the consequences.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:Soldiers can disobey an unlawful order.  
Do you think soldiers should be able to just pick and choose which wars they participate in?
Well in that case when some of the troops kick down your door under orders and gut your husband and rape and kill you under orders that's just okay...following orders, yup salute the flag and hit the next house. Might be a domestic terrorist with a pretty wife there.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Well in that case when some of the troops kick down your door under orders and gut your husband and rape and kill you under orders that's just okay...following orders, yup salute the flag and hit the next house. Might be a domestic terrorist with a pretty wife there.
Does that sound like a lawful order to you?Shocked 

knothead

knothead

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Your description is exactly what we did in Iraq and yes they were following orders from superiors . . .

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
It most certainly is under the patriot acts and the NDAA, you can have a phone call to a buddy that is from Pakistan intercepted be put on a watch list and then declared a Domestic terrorist.. you think yourself immune because your hubbys in the military..you will be the first group hit. Look who the DHS calls potential terrorists...vets are at the top of the list.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
It most certainly is under the patriot acts and the NDAA, you can have a phone call to a buddy that is from Pakistan intercepted be put on a watch list and then declared a Domestic terrorist.. you think yourself immune because your hubbys in the military..you will be the first group hit. Look who the DHS calls potential terrorists...vets are at the top of the list.
You said rape and killed, now you're talking about a watch list.  

If a soldier were to follow an order to rape and kill a couple, that would be an unlawful order and he would KNOW it was an unlawful order and he would/should be held accountable for his actions...even if he were ordered to do it.  He would have an obligation to refuse to follow such an order.

But I don't think I'm immune from anything that the government might come up with.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
You said rape and killed, now you're talking about a watch list.  

If a soldier were to follow an order to rape and kill a couple, that would be an unlawful order and he would KNOW it was an unlawful order and he would/should be held accountable for his actions...even if he were ordered to do it.  He would have an obligation to refuse to follow such an order.

But I don't think I'm immune from anything that the government might come up with.
Check and mate...They all knew it was an unlawful order to disarm citizens in New Orleans after Katrina yet they did it with little resistance...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan

Nekochan

I remember hearing about this and it was wrong and I believe that there were laws passed in the aftermath which are supposed to prevent this from happening again.

I do not for a minute suggest that citizens' rights are not sometimes violated but on the subject of soldiers who sign up with the military, they cannot pick and choose which legal orders they want to follow.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That wasn't what was decided by Nuremberg trials...I was just following orders didn't fly.

"I didn't join Navy to fight for Al Qaeda" US servicemen  Execut10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ten to one that guy is a fucking faggot.  He looks like one and he's a goddamn pussy coward like all faggots. And he's agin Al Qaeda because Al Qaeda doesn't cotton to no goddamn queers.

Last edited by Bob on 9/3/2013, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

What happened in NO--SO MANY things that happened in NO --were so wrong. Confiscating the guns of law abiding citizens is unconstitutional and should never happen.

But remember, also, there were thieves and hoodlums shooting at National Guardsmen after Katrina.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:That wasn't what was decided by Nuremberg trials...I was just following orders didn't fly.

"I didn't join Navy to fight for Al Qaeda" US servicemen  Execut10
It's illegal to follow an illegal order.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My answer would be...it's fucking too late for your Pollyanna Bullshit...

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:My answer would be...it's fucking too late for your Pollyanna  Bullshit...

Well, you might be right about Pollyanna and her BS. But I stand by what I said that a soldier cannot pick and choose which legal orders he obeys. It's a voluntary force. Don't join if you think you cannot follow orders.

knothead

knothead

First, Neko you and I are on the same page on this issue.

Second, and to Teo, I watched the clip you posted and followed the many similar links watching each with disgust. That said, this is nothing new or novel, while we are grateful for the LEOS being vigilant to maintain a civil society the out-of-control I'm-the-police mindset has been in place since I was a kid. Is it worse now? Prolly . . . . . what to do. . . . I haven't a clue except to say yes sir and no sir!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum