Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Syria

+7
Yella
knothead
Hospital Bob
gulfbeachbandit
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Syria Empty Syria 8/27/2013, 10:22 am

Sal

Sal

With each passing day, the drumbeat grows louder and the march to war seems more inevitable.

It's like a recurrent nightmare.

The chemical attack does not pass the smell test.

The UN inspectors had just arrived in country, and the regime was doing well in and around Damascus.

Who would benefit from an attack there and now?

Only the rebels.

Kerry's remarks were a joke.

Watch the social media?

Really???

This is what passes for proof now?

The corporate media is again falling into line parroting the OBAMA administration's propaganda.

Congress is again abdicating its responsibilities.

The somnolent masses are outraged only by Miley Cyrus.

There will be no mass protest to this indefensible waste of national blood and treasure.

All this despite the fact that there is no evidence that the government is responsible for the chemical weapons attack, and we have no compelling reason to attack Syria.

The whole thing is just depressing as hell, and the only explanation I can find for any of it is the omnipotence of the MIC.

Last edited by Sal on 8/27/2013, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

2Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 10:41 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I notice that Obama is not mentioned once in your post. Suspect 

3Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 10:48 am

Sal

Sal

OP edited to appease Neko.

My criticisms are unfortunately inclusive.

Everybody shares the blame.

The OBAMA administration, Congress, the media, the electorate, everybody ...

... the MIC controls it all.

4Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 10:56 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Welcome to the world created by the Zionists Sal..bet you won't agree but always ask ..who benefits from these wars.

5Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 11:12 am

Syria Th?id=H.4861135292728463&pid=1

Those supposedly enlightened progressive liberals have truly shown all the warmongers on the right-wing that their preferred leaders can give us change we can believe in.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbw1pGUhG7Q

Smile

Just rename things so they're more politically correct and it becomes OK.

6Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 1:10 pm

Sal

Sal

Make no mistake. If we strike, we will be making actual war in Syria. Ordinary Syrians will not see our missiles as "bomb-o-grams," telling them with every deadly explosion that we're really on their side. We will be another belligerent making their daily lives brutal and deadly, and there will be enough of them to hate us for that to guarantee that we will have to make more war in that place, or in some other place, very soon. That is what we do now. We make war in a place without going to war in a place, and nobody is fooled except ourselves.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Making_War_In_Syria

7Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 1:32 pm

He's your POTUS

8Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 1:36 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
Ronald Reagan

9Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 1:50 pm

Our new UN ambassador will promote intervention... let's see if action is even put before congress... again.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3817398

" It is perhaps not a coincidence that when President Obama intervened militarily in Libya -- also without congressional authorization -- Congress was out of session."

10Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:05 pm

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He's your POTUS

As he is yours.

You've been advocating "doing something" for weeks.

Until you and the rest of the "do something" brigade can explain precisely what we can do to fix the mother of all clusterfucks, I'm against getting involved, regardless of who the POTUS is.

11Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:10 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Our new UN ambassador will promote intervention... let's see if action is even put before congress... again.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3817398

" It is perhaps not a coincidence that when President Obama intervened militarily in Libya -- also without congressional authorization -- Congress was out of session."
Pffft ...

... Congress wants nothing to do with this.

Samantha Power has advocated intervention in cases where there is "acceptble risk" to United States' interests.

I would argue, and hope she would agree, that the risk in Syria is unacceptable.

12Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If we had a real man who served in the military like George W. Bush as our commander-in-chief,  he wouldn't be pussyfooting around.  He'd be invading and occupying Syria to spread democracy. That's what a real man does.
Instead we have that commie muslim enlightened progressive liberal peacenik appeaser COWH Oblamer.  Might as well have Jane Fonda in office.

13Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:20 pm

knothead

knothead

I have never in my life seen such a display of utter incompetence regarding this Syrian 'crisis'. When military action is planned why is that plan plastered all over the media? The news releases include the objectives, the targets, what we will or won't attack, the duration and nature of the attack . . . . . . I just cannot believe how utterly stupid this is. I know the Pentagon brass have it all figured out but give me a break . . . . stupid!

14Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:28 pm

Sal wrote:Make no mistake. If we strike, we will be making actual war in Syria. Ordinary Syrians will not see our missiles as "bomb-o-grams," telling them with every deadly explosion that we're really on their side. We will be another belligerent making their daily lives brutal and deadly, and there will be enough of them to hate us for that to guarantee that we will have to make more war in that place, or in some other place, very soon. That is what we do now. We make war in a place without going to war in a place, and nobody is fooled except ourselves.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Making_War_In_Syria
Syria Th?id=H.4665851738917100&pid=1

Buy them off with that money Obama and you promoted so avidly... It should be worth about as much and have as much meaning as a Nobel Peace Prize now.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Laughing

15Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:37 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Buy them off with that money Obama and you promoted so avidly... It should be worth about as much and have as much meaning as a Nobel Peace Prize now.

Oblamer should take a lesson from George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr., Richard Nixon and all the other republican presidents who knew better than to give any American money to those arab and muslim countries.

16Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:38 pm

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:I have never in my life seen such a display of utter incompetence regarding this Syrian 'crisis'.  When military action is planned why is that plan plastered all over the media? The news releases include the objectives, the targets, what we will or won't attack, the duration and nature of the attack . . . . . . I just cannot believe how utterly stupid this is.  I know the Pentagon brass have it all figured out but give me a break . . . . stupid!

There's no way the actions being discussed will change the dynamics of the conflict in Syria.

This will not satisfy the neocons who want a fucking full scale war.

This is just a feel good measure being taken in the name of doing "something".

And, it's a foolish attempt at saving face by the Obama administration.

The problem is that when you lob in a few cruise missiles and nothing fundamentally changes, Obama is going to end up looking even weaker and more ineffective.

And, so we get more deeply involved.

But, the MIC gets fed, so there's that.

Obama's support amongst progressives is about to sink to an all-time low.

17Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:42 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But Sal, when you're agin both Oblamer and the republicans, that's called sitting on the fence. Remember it was you yourself who kept telling me that.

18Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:43 pm

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Oblamer should take a lesson from George W. Bush,  Ronald Reagan,  George Bush Sr.,  Richard Nixon and all the other republican presidents who knew better than to give any American money to those arab and muslim countries.
Syria Th?id=H.4894966766570635&pid=1

But he has something none of the others had that will make it work.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

Laughing 

19Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:47 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oblamer is bad enough,  but if John Wayne McCain and lipstick on a pig had got elected,  we would be in World War 3 by now.
John Bolton would be the secretary of state.  And Light in the Loafers Lindsay from south carolina would be the secretary of defense.
God help us. I'd probably be drafted, cancer, geezer and all.

20Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 2:59 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Oblamer is bad enough,  but if John Wayne McCain and lipstick on a pig had got elected,  we would be in World War 3 by now.
John Bolton would be the secretary of state.  And Light in the Loafers Lindsay from south carolina would be the secretary of defense.
God help us.  I'd probably be drafted,  cancer, geezer and all.
Which is why you should stay off the fence.

21Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 3:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

yeah and if we had elected Ron Paul the Fed and the IRS would be gone all our troops would be home and Detroit on it's way to recovery as we became a productive country again....sigh...

22Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 3:05 pm

Bob wrote:Oblamer is bad enough,  but if John Wayne McCain and lipstick on a pig had got elected,  we would be in World War 3 by now.
Syria Th?id=H.4846609712941054&pid=1

Syria Th?id=H.4577323865409379&pid=1

Yeah. You know those damn right-wing warmongers would have carpet bombed at least five or more countries by now and be looking to get us into a shooting war with Syria.

Thank God we have our Noble Peace Prize winner to bridge the gap and bring about the...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 8/27/2013, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 3:07 pm

Sal wrote:
Which is why you should stay off the fence.
lol... at some point as you notice that the results are the same... you must determine that the players are same.

24Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 3:10 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Syria Th?id=H.4846609712941054&pid=1

Syria Th?id=H.4577323865409379&pid=1

Yeah. You know those damn right-wing warmongers would have carpet bombed at least five or more countries by now and be looking to get us into a shooting war with Syria.

Thank God with have our Noble Peace Prize winner to bridge the gap and bring about the...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing 
lol... how many people here think bush bombed more countries than obama has? Let's see a show of hands folks.

25Syria Empty Re: Syria 8/27/2013, 3:15 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:
lol... how many people here think bush bombed more countries than obama has? Let's see a show of hands folks.
I don't know but determining that is what separates the great presidents from the shitty presidents. It's just like determining which is responsible for more murders, Ted Bundy or Charles Mason. Because the one with the most murders is shitty and the other one is great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum