Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are We Sharing Too Much Online?

+4
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Are We Sharing Too Much Online? Empty Are We Sharing Too Much Online? 8/17/2013, 3:46 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/16/opinion/obeidallah-social-media-sharing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Just look at some of the folks on this forum and what we know about them....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's really food for thought.

2seaoat

Yep, I know your birthday in December, the 4th I believe, and you will be 62. However, I do not know you personally, nor would I be able to pick you out, or know where you live. All these things make anonymous very attractive to me.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/16/opinion/obeidallah-social-media-sharing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Only because we have had stalkers post our names, where we work and other things that were not for consumption here put online. (((WTM)))

Unless you put something personal on the forums, pacedog, no one would be able to identify you well enough to be able to place your personal information  on the forums.

It starts when you tell people you are a school teacher in a  certain area or when you send what you think are private personal messages to other people (who you also don't know from Adam's house cat.) So long as all you are is an avatar with a pseudonym, nobody could possibly identify you to put your personal info on these threads.

Just from the length of time I've been here, there's no one who has been "outed" to the extent that WTM has been.

They can also do what you did,Cat and google your username and find the same one and post a link to a story where a woman murdered her husband and insinuate it's you.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I lied..........Twisted Evil 

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I lied..........Twisted Evil 
About what?

bluemoon wrote:Unless you put something personal on the forums, pacedog, no one would be able to identify you well enough to be able to place your personal information  on the forums.

It starts when you tell people you are a school teacher in a  certain area or when you send what you think are private personal messages to other people (who you also don't know from Adam's house cat.) So long as all you are is an avatar with a pseudonym, nobody could possibly identify you to put your personal info on these threads.

Just from the length of time I've been here, there's no one who has been "outed" to the extent that WTM has been.
Oh there is the Frankenstein avatar dude who claims to know me and obviously he does and I am sure he told WTM.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
About what?
Maybe everything...after all who knows if any of us are telling the truth ?

Dreamsglore wrote:They can also do what you did,Cat and google your username and find the same one and post a link to a story where a woman murdered her husband and insinuate it's you.
I don't know what the hell you are talking about.
What woman?  What husband?  You're making ASSumptions you can't back up.

That's the dangers of these forums where people think you are someone or think that you have a certain type of character, but they don't know anything about you at all.   You can come to trust them and give them info about yourself.  That's actually the only way personal information on any poster could come forward and be spread by other people. It has to originate with you yourself.

So in the long run, you only have yourself to blame for doing something your parents told you not to do- Never talk to strangers.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
About what?
Maybe everything...after all who knows if any of us are telling the truth ?

And that is the real truth of all of it.

bluemoon wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:They can also do what you did,Cat and google your username and find the same one and post a link to a story where a woman murdered her husband and insinuate it's you.

That's the dangers of these forums where people think you are someone or think that you have a certain type of character, but they don't know anything about you at all.   You can come to trust them and give them info about yourself.  That's actually the only way personal information on any poster could come forward and be spread by other people. It has to originate with you yourself.

So in the long run, you only have yourself to blame for doing something your parents told you not to do- Never talk to strangers.
Why would you ASSume I was talking to you?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/16/opinion/obeidallah-social-media-sharing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Only because we have had stalkers post our names, where we work and other things that were not for consumption here put online. (((WTM)))

Yeah but, we also have idiots who use their screen name here on other forums. Like one who tried to buy a motorcycle from someone, gave the guy his real name, was an asshole to the seller when the deal fell through, and the seller posted the asshole's real name, warning other posters not to deal with him in the future. Somehow, Google scooped up the screen name, which revealed the poster's real name, which was then compared to names on the school district website, and voila....

There are lessons to be learned here: (1) NEVER give out your real name if it can be associated with a screen name that you use on the Internet, unless you trust the individual you are revealing it to, or you don't care if your name is out there; and (2) don't be an asshole to other people on the Internet; it might come back to haunt you some how.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Just look at some of the folks on this forum and what we know about them....

Yep, I know your birthday in December, the 4th I believe, and you will be 62.   However, I do not know you personally, nor would I be able to pick you out, or know where you  live.   All these things make anonymous very attractive to me.
It's not December 4th...... But I will be 62.... Cool 

Dreamsglore wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

That's the dangers of these forums where people think you are someone or think that you have a certain type of character, but they don't know anything about you at all.   You can come to trust them and give them info about yourself.  That's actually the only way personal information on any poster could come forward and be spread by other people. It has to originate with you yoursel

A. Your post was directly after mine.
B.  I was on here when the only other poster who has ever called me Cat told you that I was this Cat.

It doesn't take Sherlock to figure out who you were talking to.  It's way too elementary My dear Watson.

Last edited by bluemoon on 8/17/2013, 8:39 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : experimenting with controls on edit page)

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Just look at some of the folks on this forum and what we know about them....

Yep, I know your birthday in December, the 4th I believe, and you will be 62.   However, I do not know you personally, nor would I be able to pick you out, or know where you  live.   All these things make anonymous very attractive to me.
There you go. More misinformation being passed out and believed.

Last edited by bluemoon on 8/17/2013, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

I used to have a photographic memory......now it is like a kodak or polaroid camera........non existent. Second guess would be December 14th.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:It's not December 4th...... But I will be 62.... Cool

I used to have a photographic memory......now it is like a kodak or polaroid camera........non existent.    Second guess would be December 14th.
Closer, but no cigar... I will reveal the date in a post I am planning to make on a historical event that took place on my birthday a hundred years ago that affects all Americans.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Federal Reserve Act Dec 23 1913

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

Brilliant, Dreams.   lol!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bluemoon wrote:Unless you put something personal on the forums, pacedog, no one would be able to identify you well enough to be able to place your personal information  on the forums.

Bullshit, WTM has posted more personal information about other posters than anyone on this forum. It is what he does...he uses it to threaten posters with his information. He copies posts and files them away.   He has copies of posts from 8 years ago, maybe even longer.   Any one else that damn crazy?

Markle

Markle

A little late now.  Considering the NSA has been keeping tabs on everything we do for years now and is building a storage facility supposedly five times the size of the Pentagon.

I guess, they figure that will suffice until they can build something larger.

A couple reported that someone had hacked into their baby monitor. Not only could they see and hear the baby, they were calling it names and saying terrible things. They knew the babies name from it being on the wall.

A beauty queen's laptop was hacked and the individual could turn on and record what the woman was doing in her bedroom. They tried to extort money from her which she reported to the police instead.

Supposedly they fixed a glitch in a big screen TV that would be easily hacked and the hacker had a front row seat to whatever was happening.

Those are all amateurs, I hate to imagine what top notch professionals can do today.

bluemoon wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

That's the dangers of these forums where people think you are someone or think that you have a certain type of character, but they don't know anything about you at all.   You can come to trust them and give them info about yourself.  That's actually the only way personal information on any poster could come forward and be spread by other people. It has to originate with you yoursel

A. Your post was directly after mine.
B.  I was on here when the only other poster who has ever called me Cat told you that I was this Cat.

It doesn't take Sherlock to figure out who you were talking to.  It's way too elementary My dear Watson.
We all know who you are so you can stop w/ the denials. Writing styles are close to fingerprints. Certain phrases identify people after you've read them for awhile, my dear Watson. You've been outed for some time.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

Brilliant, Dreams.   lol!
I thought so.LOL! She thinks we're stupid but it wasn't me who suspected at first it was her. After reading her posts though the evidence is clear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum