Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our house remodel...Othershoe, how is your New Orleans project going?

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

Neko.....If you are thinking about recessed lighting....Do it now. I can't stress
it enough. I put in 6 with regular indoor flood lights and a dimmer. It was a last minute idea and the best couple of hundred dollars I spent.

I used to do them, but the code now calls for fire stops. A real pain to box each light with a fire stop. However, with the led spotlights, it is a very energy efficient lighting solution. Very cost effective. You do not want to get your cans in and have your drywall over the lights and have an inspector raise an issue with fire stops......I have seen that too many times, but most electrical will require an inspection before hanging the drywall, and they will raise the issue of fire stops.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The electrical inspection is tomorrow. That's the holdup on putting up the drywall. Not much was done on Friday...waiting for the inspector.

Might have should have gone with recessed lighting...but the inspection is tomorrow. I don't want to set things back, especially if it's a code issue.

Is that a light sage green color on the walls, Joanie? Or a tan?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:Is that a light sage green color on the walls, Joanie? Or a tan?

It's called Marble Steps (Lowes)...it is a creamy color but looks different depending on the lighting.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How is it going, Neko?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum