Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The best health care system in the world.....yeah, right.

+2
knothead
PBulldog2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Dreamsglore wrote:
. wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
. wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:Harvard University
The Lab @ Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics
Risky Drugs: Why The FDA Cannot Be Trusted
By Donald W. Light

A forthcoming article for the special issue of the Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics (JLME), edited by Marc Rodwin and supported by the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, presents evidence that about 90 percent of all new drugs approved by the FDA over the past 30 years are little or no more effective for patients than existing drugs.

All of them may be better than indirect measures or placebos, but most are no better for patients than previous drugs approved as better against these measures. The few superior drugs make important contributions to the growing medicine chest of effective drugs.

The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier. One in every five drugs approved ends up causing serious harm, while one in ten provide substantial benefit compared to existing, established drugs. This is the opposite of what people want or expect from the FDA.

Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death. Deaths and hospitalizations from over-dosing, errors, or recreational drug use would increase this total. American patients also suffer from about 80 million mild side effects a year, such as aches and pains, digestive discomforts, sleepiness or mild dizziness.

The forthcoming article in JLME also presents systematic, quantitative evidence that since the industry started making large contributions to the FDA for reviewing its drugs, as it makes large contributions to Congressmen who have promoted this substitution for publicly funded regulation, the FDA has sped up the review process with the result that drugs approved are significantly more likely to cause serious harm, hospitalizations, and deaths. New FDA policies are likely to increase the epidemic of harms.

http://www.ethics.harvard.edu/lab/blog/312-risky-drugs

The title of this thread and the content do not go together.

FDA is part of the GOV by the way.

Who ya wanna pick a fight with, the FDA or physicians?

We do have the best healthcare in the world. Kings, queens and all other important very wealthy persons do not travel here to be treated for no reason.

Whats even more sad is you claim to be a nurse and feel that our services are inferior. Youre complaint is with access, or I thought it was. But now I guess you just want to pick a fight.

Now before you go off your rocking chair, dont try and toss that WHO shit at me again. We have been down that old and wore out infant mortality rate a million times. And weve hashed out the cancer survival rate many times which showed us superior for the two main cancers, prostate and breast.

We have some of the best hospitals and researches right here in this country.

Matter of a fact most doctors from OTHER countries come here to get a education to even be a doctor.

Oh I could go on, but I figured this was enough to get your granny panties wet.

PS: Please retire

Wow, Chrissy, that was a pretty nasty post. You know my name; you can easily check and make sure I'm a nurse, so please stop the "you claim to be a nurse" crap. Post my name here if you wish. I have nothing to hide. And what's with the "please retire" comment? If want you want is a good fight, you know I'm up to it, but I thought we were past that.

And yes, my chief complaint is with access, although I posted this article to show how corrupt the FDA is. Corrupted by outside money provided by Big Pharma and congressmen, I might add.

Some people go on and on about how wonderful our health care system is in this country. My post shows how even a government agency, the FDA, can be corrupted by outside commercial interests who only want one thing:  a huge profit.

PB. Heres my issue with your post.

If you want to attack the FDA, you should have just made your title that. Because the FDA is GOV and I would have supported you.

But you made your title an attack on US, yes that's right YOU and ME, because we are health care professionals. All these people who attack the health care in this country, you know what they say? They say oh those people make too much money, etc etc etc. They complain also because we are all suppose to be GODS and perfect like robots. Do you think they understand what it is like to put your life in danger everyday handling diseased patients and samples? Do you think they care about the long work days and high work volume per person ratio? Do you think they understand how hard it is to be so dedicated to serving your patients you skip lunches for years and become unhealthy yourself? Oh I could go on and on and you know it. I really don't ant to pick a fight with you but when I hear a nurse sarcastically demeaning our health system here in the USA it royally pisses me off.

I would expect that us healthcare professionals need to stick together because we are UNDER ATTACK! These bad mouthing anti usa healthcare system people are devaluing us. They think any mc Ds worker can come   in and do our jobs. And that goes for the asshole we have as a president who created this fucking ACA that is killing us off.

So yes, I took the title of this thread personally. Because as a healthcare professional out here Im tired of people coming along and bashing us when we are out here struggling to do our jobs with even less than what we had before now with all the cuts. Theres ANOTHER cut coming btw.

So if you want to bitch about the GOV FDA, go ahead. But don't come along and then tell me you think the GOV can run healthcare better than us. Because this whole ACA thing isn't about healthcare at all. Its about GOV power and they don't give a shit what it does to healthcare.

If you skipped lunches for years you must have made it up w/ triple dinners,fatass. You are so ridiculous! LOL!

Calling me a fatass was uncalled for.

but lets get on thing straight. I got over 50 GOOD LOOKING men and few GOOD LOOKING ladies waiting to talk to this fatass because they think Im sexy.Razz 

Where's your real picture?

BTW. I CAM everyday, the people im talking to see me as I am. Nothing to hide, just me.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy, I changed the title of this thread. You are right....it should have said "health care system" rather than "health care."

I just don't know how we can claim we have the best health care system in the world when so many are still without access to comprehensive health care.....when too many are still using EDs for primary care.

I think single payer, supported by increased taxes, is the only way to go.

What program that the govt currently runs would lead you to believe that it would run the healthcare service well?

It's already set up the system that you don't seem to like very much. Control is effective ownership.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PkrBum wrote:What program that the govt currently runs would lead you to believe that it would run the healthcare service well?

It's already set up the system that you don't seem to like very much. Control is effective ownership.

I wish there were another option other than government-provided health insurance. I don't think there is, not in this country. We've pretty well proven that.

PKR, I can't compare it to any other program, because no other current program is comparable to a single payer health care system. Will it be perfect? No. No system is. Will it be better that what we have now? Absolutely.

Before anyone starts talking about it being "free", it most certainly won't be free.

PBulldog2 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What program that the govt currently runs would lead you to believe that it would run the healthcare service well?

I wish there were another option other than government-provided health insurance. I don't think there is, not in this country. We've pretty well proven that.

PKR, I can't compare it to any other program, because no other current program is comparable to a single payer health care system. Will it be perfect? No. No system is. Will it be better that what we have now? Absolutely.

Before anyone starts talking about it being "free", it most certainly won't be free.

What do you mean there is no other program to compare it to?

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/uk-s-national-health-service-going-broke-british-docs-say-it-s-worse-communist-china

and if you want something to compare it to in this country try Medicaid and medicare.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/04/23/trustees-medicare-will-go-broke-in-2016-if-you-exclude-obamacares-double-counting/

Who's going to pay for these utopian ideas?

wallstreet? lol

china?

you and me?

This country is being torn apart by this utopian idea. We are forcibly having our standard of living lowered in order to have a collective society for the common collective good all dictated to us by a bunch of people at the top who don't think its good enough for them, but is for us.

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:

Why are you demanding an inferior health care system? There are several single payer systems. One which the Obama Administration has said they "Love". That would be NICE in Great Britain. Then there is Canada, with the months long waiting lists.

Why should 95% of the population suffer an inferior health care system because 5% are unable to afford health insurance.  You don't think there are far superior answers.

If ObamaCare is so good, why is the entire government trying to get out and will still have tax payers foot their bill?

Acting IRS Chief Danny Werfel said he'd rather not have ObamaCare....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/01/irs-chief-says-hed-rather-not-switch-over-to-obamacare-plan/

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Why are you demanding an inferior health care system?  There are several single payer systems.  One which the Obama Administration has said they "Love".  That would be NICE in Great Britain.  Then there is Canada, with the months long waiting lists.

Why should 95% of the population suffer an inferior health care system because 5% are unable to afford health insurance.  You don't think there are far superior answers.

If ObamaCare is so good, why is the entire government trying to get out and will still have tax payers foot their bill?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/01/irs-chief-says-hed-rather-not-switch-over-to-obamacare-plan/

I've never said Obamacare was "so good." Never. I have said it is but a stepping stone on the road to a single payer health care system.

And...PKR didn't ask me to compare it to another single payer system. He asked me to compare it to a current government program, and it sounded as if he meant a program in the United States. There is no such program - a health care program that covers everyone in the United States - in existence yet.

I thought nobody would ever ask how this new program will be financed. Well, folks, it will have to be through higher taxes. There is no other way. Yes, Chrissy, higher taxes for you and me. On the other hand, we will no longer pay astronomical premiums and deductibles. Nor will we have a Medicare tax on our paychecks (that will be rolled into a new tax.) Nor will we all be paying for uncompensated care given to others by EDs and hospitals. Nor will we have to remain at jobs we may loathe just so we can have health care benefits.

Remember this: If our current health care delivery system had worked so well, we wouldn't be where we are today. Greed took over, and that was that. If you want to truthfully examine what brought about the need to change our system, take a look at greed.

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:
Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Why are you demanding an inferior health care system?  There are several single payer systems.  One which the Obama Administration has said they "Love".  That would be NICE in Great Britain.  Then there is Canada, with the months long waiting lists.

I've never said Obamacare was "so good." Never. I have said it is but a stepping stone on the road to a single payer health care system.

And...PKR didn't ask me to compare it to another single payer system. He asked me to compare it to a current government program, and it sounded as if he meant a program in the United States. There is no such program - a health care program that covers everyone in the United States - in existence yet.

I thought nobody would ever ask how this new program will be financed. Well, folks, it will have to be through higher taxes. There is no other way. Yes, Chrissy, higher taxes for you and me. On the other hand, we will no longer pay astronomical premiums and deductibles. Nor will we have a Medicare tax on our paychecks (that will be rolled into a new tax.) Nor will we all be paying for uncompensated care given to others by EDs and hospitals. Nor will we have to remain at jobs we may loathe just so we can have health care benefits.

Remember this:  If our current health care delivery system had worked so well, we wouldn't be where we are today. Greed took over, and that was that. If you want to truthfully examine what brought about the need to change our system, take a look at greed.

America does not want a single payer system, that's why the majority of voters wisely want ObamaCare repealed and were opposed to it before it was crammed up our...throats.

Yes, we have government systems in place and they are failures. Our postal service, schools, Medicare, Medicaid and others. All are broke or total failures, take your pick.

Out health care is the best in the world. There is good and bad greed. Good greed has America leading the World in new medical technology, new treatments, new drugs all of which have helped improve and extend lives throughout the world.

Paying for it with higher taxes, there isn't enough money in increased taxes to pay a fraction of what this boondoggle will cost. We're SEVENTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS in debt with this adding TRILLIONS.

Why are you so selfish that you demand we heap this massive debt on our children and their children? You don't think they're going to reach a point where they have had enough? Do you think they're going to continue to knock themselves out to pay for someone else's health care, food stamps, disability payments, subsidized housing, free cell phones, cut rate high speed internet and whatever else Progressives want to give away?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Remember this:  If our current health care delivery system had worked so well, we wouldn't be where we are today. Greed took over, and that was that. If you want to truthfully examine what brought about the need to change our system, take a look at greed.

America does not want a single payer system, that's why the majority of voters wisely want ObamaCare repealed and were opposed to it before it was crammed up our...throats.

Yes, we have government systems in place and they are failures.  Our postal service, schools, Medicare, Medicaid and others.  All are broke or total failures, take your pick.

Out health care is the best in the world.  There is good and bad greed.  Good greed has America leading the World in new medical technology, new treatments, new drugs all of which have helped improve and extend lives throughout the world.

Paying for it with higher taxes, there isn't enough money in increased taxes to pay a fraction of what this boondoggle will cost.  We're SEVENTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS in debt with this adding TRILLIONS.

Why are you so selfish that you demand we heap this massive debt on our children and their children?  You don't think they're going to reach a point where they have had enough?  Do you think they're going to continue to knock themselves out to pay for someone else's health care, food stamps, disability payments, subsidized housing, free cell phones, cut rate high speed internet and whatever else Progressives want to give away?

Not to worry, Markle. My selfishness if the result of good greed, so all is well with the world. sunny 

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:
Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Yes, we have government systems in place and they are failures.  Our postal service, schools, Medicare, Medicaid and others.  All are broke or total failures, take your pick.

Out health care is the best in the world.  There is good and bad greed.  Good greed has America leading the World in new medical technology, new treatments, new drugs all of which have helped improve and extend lives throughout the world.

Paying for it with higher taxes, there isn't enough money in increased taxes to pay a fraction of what this boondoggle will cost.  We're SEVENTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS in debt with this adding TRILLIONS.

Why are you so selfish that you demand we heap this massive debt on our children and their children?  You don't think they're going to reach a point where they have had enough?  Do you think they're going to continue to knock themselves out to pay for someone else's health care, food stamps, disability payments, subsidized housing, free cell phones, cut rate high speed internet and whatever else Progressives want to give away?

Not to worry, Markle. My selfishness if the result of good greed, so all is well with the world. sunny 

No, although you could not understand the difference. You demand that our children and their children shoulder the massive debt you and other Progressives think are a good idea. You know, just so everybody FEELS good.

36The best health care system in the world.....yeah, right.  - Page 2 Empty only us 8/6/2013, 6:23 am

All this back and forth.....
The lefty wants all Americans to live healthier lives by seeing a doctor on a regular basis, and the lefty wants to stop giving away free healthcare.
Does not sound like such a liberal to me.....
The righty wants to keep the status quo where people without insurance do not see a doctor until they are so sick they end up in the Emergency Room.
Then who pays the $30,000 bill ER bill? You, me, the hospital, and the government.  
Does not sound like much of a conservative to me.....
Remember, this is the only country in the world where people who get sick lose their house. That is reality.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

CarlSagan wrote:All this back and forth.....
The lefty wants all Americans to live healthier lives by seeing a doctor on a regular basis, and the lefty wants to stop giving away free healthcare.
The righty wants to keep the status quo where people without insurance do not see a doctor until they are so sick they end up in the Emergency Room.
Then who pays the $30,000 bill ER bill? You, me, the hospital, and the government.  
Remember, this is the only country in the world where people who get sick lose their house. That is reality.
Nice try Bill Moore.

• The reality is.....The hospital can put a lien on your property for the amount you owe.

• When a lien is placed on your home or other property, it is registered on the property's title. This means, the property cannot be sold until the lien is satisfied, which usually happens with the proceeds of the sale. The hospital does not take your home. In very rare instances they can force the sale of your home but most states protect home owners....especially low income and the disabled.

Markle

Markle

In Florida that is a flat out LIE.

Also, does your state NOT have Medicaid or insurance for low income families with children? Where do you live?

39The best health care system in the world.....yeah, right.  - Page 2 Empty ignorance abounds..... 8/14/2013, 5:42 am

Markle wrote:

Also, does your state NOT have Medicaid or insurance for low income families with children?  Where do you live?
Obviously, you have no clue as to how much a hospital visit can cost.
One does not have to be poor to be bankrupted by a hospital stay. It is quite easy to build up a hospital bill well over $100,000. I do not have that kind of cash laying around, do you???

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Also, does your state NOT have Medicaid or insurance for low income families with children?  Where do you live?
One does not have to be poor to be bankrupted by a hospital stay. It is quite easy to build up a hospital bill well over $100,000.  I do not have that kind of cash laying around, do you???

Well thank you Bill Moore but..... You did not address your erroneous statement..Remember, this is the only country in the world where people who get sick lose their house. That is reality

Did you forget you were banned for inappropriate comments and threats directed toward other posters?

41The best health care system in the world.....yeah, right.  - Page 2 Empty Sorry to disappoint 8/19/2013, 2:31 am

Sorry, Joanie. I am not Bill Moore. But if you hate him so much, I would like to meet him. Anyone who gets you to hate him so much is probably my kind of guy. Thanks.

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:

One does not have to be poor to be bankrupted by a hospital stay. It is quite easy to build up a hospital bill well over $100,000.  I do not have that kind of cash laying around, do you???
You refused to answer, not surprising, does your state NOT have Medicaid for low income families? Florida has insurance for the children of low income families.

Do you admit that you lied about large medical bills in Florida causing you to lose your house? Step up, you can do it.

About 5% of our nation do not have insurance because of pre-existing conditions or cost. The rest are younger Americans who CHOOSE not to have health insurance.

Relatively very few people are bankrupted by medical costs. If you believe Elizabeth Warren's debunked "study" you have been chugging far to much Kool Aid.

If someone is young, can afford health insurance but opts to spend their money elsewhere and they end up with $100,000 medical bill, well, really sucks to be them.

Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:

You refused to answer, not surprising, does your state NOT have Medicaid for low income families?  Florida has insurance for the children of low income families.

Do you admit that you lied about large medical bills in Florida causing you to lose your house?  Step up, you can do it.

About 5% of our nation do not have insurance because of pre-existing conditions or cost.  The rest are younger Americans who CHOOSE not to have health insurance.

Relatively very few people are bankrupted by medical costs.  If you believe Elizabeth Warren's debunked "study" you have been chugging far to much Kool Aid.

If someone is young, can afford health insurance but opts to spend their money elsewhere and they end up with $100,000 medical bill, well, really sucks to be them.
Ok, genius, my neighbor down the street, a Registered Nurse, caught cancer and could not work, they foreclosed on her house, and she had to move in with her sister. Even though she earned a good salary, she got sick, could not work, and lost her house.
Remember, I argue you get everyone to a doctor on a regular basis to live healthier lives and reduce costs, and not to keep giving away free healthcare.
You can keep arguing against, if you choose.

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:

You refused to answer, not surprising, does your state NOT have Medicaid for low income families?  Florida has insurance for the children of low income families.

Do you admit that you lied about large medical bills in Florida causing you to lose your house?  Step up, you can do it.

About 5% of our nation do not have insurance because of pre-existing conditions or cost.  The rest are younger Americans who CHOOSE not to have health insurance.

Relatively very few people are bankrupted by medical costs.  If you believe Elizabeth Warren's debunked "study" you have been chugging far to much Kool Aid.

Ok, genius, my neighbor down the street, a Registered Nurse, caught cancer and could not work, they foreclosed on her house, and she had to move in with her sister. Even though she earned a good salary, she got sick, could not work, and lost her house.
Remember, I argue you get everyone to a doctor on a regular basis to live healthier lives and reduce costs, and not to keep giving away free healthcare.
Argue with yourself, I don't recognize an anecdote which may or may not be true in the first place and gets enhanced every time it is told.

In your hypothetical, RN's are very well paid and have excellent insurance. If she was the only income in the house, she should have had a supplemental insurance policy. Something not included in ObamaCare either.

The best health care system in the world.....yeah, right.  - Page 2 Bfe8619c-1805-4fa3-b65d-6a650a37217e

45The best health care system in the world.....yeah, right.  - Page 2 Empty PFFT 8/20/2013, 3:03 am

Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Does not sound like such a liberal to me.....Then who pays the $30,000 bill ER bill? You, me, the hospital, and the government.  

One does not have to be poor to be bankrupted by a hospital stay.

Argue with yourself, I don't recognize an anecdote which may or may not be true in the first place and gets enhanced every time it is told.

In your hypothetical, RN's are very well paid and have excellent insurance.  If she was the only income in the house, she should have had a supplemental insurance policy.  Something not included in ObamaCare either.

The best health care system in the world.....yeah, right.  - Page 2 Bfe8619c-1805-4fa3-b65d-6a650a37217e
I was correct. Get sick enough, you lose your house. And this is the only country that can happen it, which you already know.
You have nerve calling anyone else a liar with all the nonfactual crapola you post on here daily to support your ultra-conservative, far-far-right agenda which most Americans do not understand. You want to live in the past: fine, go for it. But living in the past is no way to run a country in the 21st century.
Whether you have the intelligence to recognize an anecdote or not, that is your problem. It is the first time I told that story, so you must be confused, which is not surprising.

"Not all conservatives are stupid; but almost all stupid people are conservative."

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Does not sound like such a liberal to me.....Then who pays the $30,000 bill ER bill? You, me, the hospital, and the government.  

One does not have to be poor to be bankrupted by a hospital stay.

In your hypothetical, RN's are very well paid and have excellent insurance.  If she was the only income in the house, she should have had a supplemental insurance policy.  Something not included in ObamaCare either.

I was correct. Get sick enough, you lose your house. And this is the only country that can happen it, which you already know.
You have nerve calling anyone else a liar with all the nonfactual crapola you post on here daily to support your ultra-conservative, far-far-right agenda which most Americans do not understand. You want to live in the past: fine, go for it. But living in the past is no way to run a country in the 21st century.
Whether you have the intelligence to recognize an anecdote or not, that is your problem. It is the first time I told that story, so you must be confused, which is not surprising.

"Not all conservatives are stupid; but almost all stupid people are conservative."
Again, you lied.  You cannot lose your house because you got sick and had high medical bills.  The hospitals and doctors could place a lien against your property but they CAN NOT FORECLOSE due to those liens.  That is in our Constitution.

Maybe it can happen where you live, but not in Florida.

You can lose your house in Florida for not paying your property taxes, not making your mortgage payments, or for any other SPECIFIC LIENS, unsecured liens, such as medical bills, becoming a lien because the hospital sued, are NON-SPECIFIC LIENS.

You can also lose your house by gambling and not being able to make the payments, putting in a pool and not paying the pool company.  You can also lose it by quitting your job or being fired and not scaling down or selling the property.  It could also be rented while you move into something far less expensive.

YOU make the choice, no one else.  How hard is that for you to understand?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Ok, Mr. Genius, how did your neighbor catch cancer?

Hospitals can place a lien on your home. When a lien is placed on your home you do not have a clear title...no big deal unless you sell your home.  You can not be forced to sell your home but if you do sell your home the lien must be paid. 

The foreclosure was done by the mortgage company not the hospital, Ace. Otherwise....great little story you came up with to prove your erroneous point.

Life is full of hardships

when we give up all our freedom, drive for prosperity and dignity to the gov for a little bit of security to tend to our needs we have lost the country our fore fathers created.

its an impossible utopian thought process that causes people to think the gov can alleviate all hardships, when in fact they really are the crux of many of our problems to begin with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum