Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a bizarre society we are living in. And this is the evidence of it.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/boston-bombing-suspect-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-s-disturbing-female-fan-club-191627312.html

Bob wrote:http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/boston-bombing-suspect-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-s-disturbing-female-fan-club-191627312.html

When the pos went to court there were protesters supporting the scumbag terrorist...

Nekochan

Nekochan

I wouldn't be that surprised if a couple of our members here were writing him fan mail.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And now this...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/17/studentnews/tsarnaev-rolling-stone-cover/?hpt=ju_c2

I've noticed a trend with these print magazines.  They're in the same shape as the News Journal (and other print newspapers).  The internet has knocked the stuffings out of their print circulation too.
So now they're really trying to create sensational cover stories in attempt to draw attention to themselves.  Time Magazine is really guilty of this.  What used to be organs of actual journalism are now using the same methods as the national enquirer.

We are moving closer to a state of Idiocracy every day.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The Rolling Stone ought to be ashamed but they have no shame.

Bob wrote:And now this...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/17/studentnews/tsarnaev-rolling-stone-cover/?hpt=ju_c2

I've noticed a trend with these print magazines.  They're in the same shape as the News Journal (and other print newspapers).  The internet has knocked the stuffings out of their print circulation too.
So now they're really trying to create sensational cover stories in attempt to draw attention to themselves.  Time Magazine is really guilty of this.  What used to be organs of actual journalism are now using the same methods as the national enquirer.

Just look at the reality shows and their ratings....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

newswatcher wrote:

Amen. Idiocracy rules.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you're wondering about why I like the word "Idiocracy" so much,  it's because it's the title of Mike Judge's 2005 movie.  It prognosticates what American society will be like in the future.  I'll give you a hint.  
A professional wrestler has been elected President.  Don't laugh,  one has already been elected a governor.

Here's a part of what wiki says about how the movie portrays the future...

The former Washington, D.C., now an unnamed city, has lost most of its infrastructure, with people living in plastic huts. The residents are morbidly stupid and lack self-control, speak a degenerate form of English (people who still speak "normal" English are considered "faggots"), and are profoundly anti-intellectual. The "#1 movie in the country is called "Ass", and consists of ninety minutes of a picture of human buttocks with the sounds of farting - the movie won eight Academy Awards, including "Best Screenplay".

nadalfan

Nekochan wrote:I wouldn't be that surprised if a couple of our members here were writing him fan mail.

Why?

Nekochan

Nekochan

nadalfan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I wouldn't be that surprised if a couple of our members here were writing him fan mail.

Why?

I guess you haven't met the conspiracy theorists on here who think it was the government or the Jews or George Bush or anyone except for those two brothers who was responsible for the Boston bombing.

nadalfan

Nekochan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

Why?

I guess you haven't met the conspiracy theorists on here who think it was the government or the Jews or George Bush or anyone except for those two brothers who was responsible for the Boston bombing.

Oh ok, no I had not seen those comments. I'm not on here that much

Slicef18

Slicef18

newswatcher wrote:
Bob wrote:And now this...

"Just look at the reality shows and their ratings"

Producers of television have learned that it's a lot cheaper to have a "Reality" show than to pay actors and support staff to put on a regular storyline program.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:
Producers of television have learned that it's a lot cheaper to have a "Reality" show than to pay actors and support staff to put on a  regular storyline program.

And it doesn't just apply to the high costs of actors and writers and large crews necessary to produce a dramatic series.  

The same economic considerations apply to documentary filmmaking.  I used to be able to get a lot of history education from the documentaries on the History Channel.  But of course those documentaries have high production costs too.
When the History Channel discovered that filming some "pickers" and pawnbrokers would become monster hits with unprecedented ratings,  then  what happened?
Well what then happened is over a few years time,  the whole concept of the now so-called History Channel was thrown in the trash and now damn near the whole schedule is truckers riding on icy roads and coots wrastling alligators in a swamp and god knows what all.  They learned what P.T. Barnum first discovered a hundred years ago.  That all you have to do is put a spotlight on oddity and the eyeballs line up to see it.  
And if they had started up a new "Oddity Channel" to present this stuff it would be one thing.  But they didn't do that.  They discarded the History Channel and replaced it with that.  And that's just the most blatant example of what is happening.  The quality of the programming is declining in many other ways than just that.
As I said, idiocracy rules.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum