Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The ugly truth behind "obamaphones".

+3
cool1
Watcher
gulfbeachbandit
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

1. The profits from each purchase(handout) of an obamaphone goes directly to mexico.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215966/Mexican-billionaire-making-millions-American-government-program-gives-poor-free-cell-phones.html

2. A wireless company profiting from the so-called “Obama phone” giveaway program is run by a prominent Democratic donor whose wife has raised more than $1.5 million for the president since 2007.

http://freebeacon.com/obamaphones-profiting-obamadonors/

Watcher

Watcher

gulfbeachbandit wrote:1.  The profits from each purchase(handout) of an obamaphone goes directly to mexico.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215966/Mexican-billionaire-making-millions-American-government-program-gives-poor-free-cell-phones.html

2.  A wireless company profiting from the so-called “Obama phone” giveaway program is run by a prominent Democratic donor whose wife has raised more than $1.5 million for the president since 2007.

There is no such thing as an obamaphone. The program is called the Lifeline Benefit Program and it was initiated under Ronald Reagan.

Lifeline

"In 2005, Lifeline discounts were made available to qualifying low-income consumers on pre-paid wireless service plans in addition to traditional landline service. Lifeline is part of the Universal Service Fund."

That's right, under Bush, in 2005, people were able to get discounts on mobile phone services. You could correctly call these the Bush phones.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Watcher wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:1.  The profits from each purchase(handout) of an obamaphone goes directly to mexico.

2.  A wireless company profiting from the so-called “Obama phone” giveaway program is run by a prominent Democratic donor whose wife has raised more than $1.5 million for the president since 2007.

There is no such thing as an obamaphone. The program is called the Lifeline Benefit Program and it was initiated under Ronald Reagan.

Lifeline

"In 2005, Lifeline discounts were made available to qualifying low-income consumers on pre-paid wireless service plans in addition to traditional landline service. Lifeline is part of the Universal Service Fund."

That's right, under Bush, in 2005, people were able to get discounts on mobile phone services. You could correctly call these the Bush phones.

Aren't you the clever one.
We all know what the program is. Notice I put "obamaphone" in " in the title?

Watcher

Watcher

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

Lifeline

We all know what the program is.  Notice I put "obamaphone" in " in the title?

Of course I noticed. I also noticed that you continued calling them "Obamaphones" in your post because you believe that this entire program was initiated by the Obama Administration. How incorrect you are.

cool1

cool1

Obama phone whatever ---doesn't concern me what you call it ---where is the money going and to who! now that maybe would be of concern if true!
cant we ever find a way to keep the money right here in the good ole USA - Have we gotten so stupid that we cant make a phone Laughing 

cool1

cool1

funny I couldn't find it but we really need to try to make everything ourselves -phones-clothes-everything -now that would be nice -yea id pay more for USA products---im off subject:P 

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Watcher wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

Lifeline

Of course I noticed. I also noticed that you continued calling them "Obamaphones" in your post because you believe that this entire program was initiated by the Obama Administration. How incorrect you are.

The free phone program was started by a Republican President. Just like welfare was. Both were intended to help out people in extreme hardships.
Look at what a joke both of these programs have become. Welfare has become a lifestyle rather than a lifeline.

Watcher

Watcher

cool1 wrote:Obama phone whatever ---doesn't concern me what you call it ---where is the money going and to who! now that maybe would be of concern if true!
cant we ever find a way to keep the money right here in the good ole USA - Have we gotten so stupid that we cant make a phone Laughing 

Why doesn't it concern you, when people falsely attribute the Lifeline program to Obama? Why don't false accusations concern you? They should.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Watcher wrote:
cool1 wrote:Obama phone whatever ---doesn't concern me what you call it ---where is the money going and to who! now that maybe would be of concern if true!

Why doesn't it concern you, when people falsely attribute the Lifeline program to Obama? Why don't false accusations concern you? They should.

obamaphone is a nickname the program picked up from a video posted by a person of color with her free obamaphone.

Watcher

Watcher

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

Lifeline

The free phone program was started by a Republican President.  Just like welfare was.  Both were intended to help out people in extreme hardships.
Look at what a joke both of these programs have become.  Welfare has become a lifestyle rather than a lifeline.

Yet you still insist they are called Obamaphones when you just reiterated what I already told you: that the Lifeline program was started by Ronald Reagan. If you had known that, you wouldn't have called them Obamaphones in the first place. Or maybe you would have, since it seems your modus operandi is to blame Obama for everything. That's not a very novel idea.

Watcher

Watcher

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

obamaphone is a nickname the program picked up from a video posted by a person of color with her free obamaphone.

So some black person calls it the "Obamaphone" and that somehow makes it all Obama's? You must be one gullible person to believe everything you hear or read on the net. Your posts show it.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Watcher wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

So some black person calls it the "Obamaphone" and that somehow makes it all Obama's? You must be one gullible person to believe everything you hear or read on the net. Your posts show it.

I believe that they will forevermore be called obamaphones. Not my doing. Even the press refers to them as obamaphones.

Pick your battles a little better next time.

Watcher

Watcher

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

I believe that they will forevermore be called obamaphones.  Not my doing.  Even the press refers to them as obamaphones.

People who are informed a little better than you seem to be don't refer to them as Obamaphones.
Pick your battles a little better, next time.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Watcher wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

I believe that they will forevermore be called obamaphones.  Not my doing.  Even the press refers to them as obamaphones.

People who are informed a little better than you seem to be don't refer to them as Obamaphones.
Pick your battles a little better, next time.

Ok, you win. I declare that it is now illegal for anyone to call them obamaphones.
Happy now?

cool1

cool1

It doesn't concern me because I cant do anything about it.--all Ive witnessed is these phones being handed out like candy - If someone wants to do something about it I think they should like call Obama and complain but then he may shut all communication down , He has the authority to do that ! The reason people are noticing these phones in the first place its like I said everybody has there hand in the candy dish!Rolling Eyes 

boards of FL

boards of FL

The 21st century republican base.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

It is true the life line program was started by President Ronald Reagan who also said the closest to eternity on earth was a government program.  That was back when the phone was hardwired to the wall not carried around.  Each family had only 1 phone.  If you want a free phone, you should get a phone from the "Reagan Phone" era.  We will hard wire it to your wall.  No texting, no pictures, just a simple touch tone phone mounted in your kitchen.   1 per family no exceptions.

This would eliminate the abuse in the program.  Problem Solved.  Next...

Last edited by Captn Kaoz on 7/11/2013, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Watcher

Watcher

cool1 wrote:It doesn't concern me because I cant do anything about it.--all Ive witnessed is these phones being handed out like candy - If someone wants to do something about it I think they should like call Obama and complain but then he may shut all communication down , He has the authority to do that !        The reason people are noticing these phones in the first place its like I said everybody has there hand in the candy dish!Rolling Eyes 

Show me where Obama has said he will shut any communications down in the executive order that he signed.

Here is the executive order.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/06/executive-order-assignment-national-security-and-emergency-preparedness-

Last edited by Watcher on 7/11/2013, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Watcher

Watcher

Captn Kaoz wrote:It is true the life line program was started by President Ronald Reagan who also said the closet to eternity on earth was a government program.  That was back when the phone was hardwired to the wall not carried around.  Each family had only 1 phone.  If you want a free phone, you should get a phone from the "Reagan Phone" era.  We will hard wire it to your wall.  No texting, no pictures, just a simple touch tone phone mounted in your kitchen.   1 per family no exceptions.

Times are different now. Many people no longer have landlines but still need phones.

Sal

Sal

It was expanded to include cell phones under Dubya.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Watcher wrote:
Captn Kaoz wrote:It is true the life line program was started by President Ronald Reagan who also said the closet to eternity on earth was a government program.  That was back when the phone was hardwired to the wall not carried around.  Each family had only 1 phone.  If you want a free phone, you should get a phone from the "Reagan Phone" era.  We will hard wire it to your wall.  No texting, no pictures, just a simple touch tone phone mounted in your kitchen.   1 per family no exceptions.

Times are different now. Many people no longer have landlines but still need phones.

You are absolutely correct times are different.  We have grown more into a culture of entitlement.  People are gaming the system more and more.  Return it to its simplest form and you will eliminate abuse.  If you want a cell phone get a job.  A cell phone is not a right it is a monthly payment.   That is why you need a job.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.naturalnews.com/040869_obama_phone_government_waste_project_veritas.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/18/video-obama-phones-given-those-who-would-sell-them/

Watcher

Watcher

Captn Kaoz wrote:
Watcher wrote:

You are absolutely correct times are different.  We have grown more into a culture of entitlement.  People are gaming the system more and more.  Return it to its simplest form and you will eliminate abuse.  If you want a cell phone get a job.  A cell phone is not a right it is a monthly payment.   That is why you need a job.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who use the Lifeline program who are gainfully employed. It seems you are assuming that they aren't.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gulfbeachbandit wrote:http://www.naturalnews.com/040869_obama_phone_government_waste_project_veritas.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/18/video-obama-phones-given-those-who-would-sell-them/

These are videos of fake people going to private businesses that are handing out phones, and basically telling the business that they plan to sell the phones.

In your mind, does this justify usage of the term 'obamaphone'?

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Watcher wrote:
Captn Kaoz wrote:
Watcher wrote:

I'm sure there are plenty of people who use the Lifeline program who are gainfully employed. It seems you are assuming that they aren't.

"The Lifeline program is available to eligible low-income consumers in every state, territory, commonwealth, and on Tribal lands. Consumers with proper proof of eligibility may be qualified to enroll.  To participate in the program, consumers must have an income that is at or below 135% of the federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in a qualifying state, federal or Tribal assistance program."

When I was a young sailor, we could not afford much.  We made 1 whole chicken feed us for a week.  We were broke so I did what I had to do to provide for my family...   I got a second  job delivering pizzas to supplement our income.   If you want something you need to work for it.  If it requires you to work 2 jobs then do it.  You should not expect the government to provide for you.  Again a cell phone is not a necessity of life.  You can live without one.  I know people who do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum