Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zimmerman trial Monday, July 1

+11
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
knothead
2seaoat
nadalfan
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
no stress
Sal
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Zimmerman trial Monday, July 1 Empty Zimmerman trial Monday, July 1 7/1/2013, 11:57 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

A voice recognition expert testified that scientists cannot accurately identify the screaming voice in a recorded telephone call to police on the night of the shooting.

Also, the prosecution has called the police officer who questioned Zimmerman after the killing. The recording of that interview is being played in court now. It's very interesting.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Once again, the prosecution witnesses seem to help Zimmerman more than the prosecution. On redirect questioning of the police officer who first interviewed Zimmerman the night of the shooting, the prosecution attorney seems almost hostile to his witness.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The prosecutor seems to be angry with his own witness, Officer Singleton.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:The prosecutor seems to be angry with his own witness, Officer Singleton.

Yes, the female police officer. He seems angry with her.

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/01/CNN-broadcasts-Zimmerman-social-security

CNN broadcasts Zimmerman's Social Security number.
Why was this number even allowed to be shown in court?

Sal

Sal

There are some pretty serious inconsistencies and incongruities in what Zimmerman told the police dispatchers and what he told the detective in the police station interview.

The prosecution's star witness my turn out to be none other than George Zimmerman.

Sal wrote:There are some pretty serious inconsistencies and incongruities in what Zimmerman told the police dispatchers and what he told the detective in the police station interview.

The prosecution's star witness my turn out to be none other than George Zimmerman.

Don't expect to see him on the stand..
he'll do just like oj and casey anthony..

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:There are some pretty serious inconsistencies and incongruities in what Zimmerman told the police dispatchers and what he told the detective in the police station interview.

At this point he would have to have told the dispatcher he saw a sasquatch and then tell the detectives it was a butterfly to look bad for the jury. Seriously, I cant believe the prosecutor hasn't just thrown his hands up and said fuck it. I still say zim walks

Nekochan

Nekochan

I missed the last hour of testimony. What discrepancies are there in Zimmerman's story?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I missed some also...but officer Singleton stated she didn't see any.

Nekochan

Nekochan

This is a blog of the testimony.  The latest from the blog:

5:14 p.m. ET: Defense attorney O'Mara asks Serino for any inconsistencies between Zimmerman's recreation with police and his first interviews with investigators.

"I can't think of none off hand. None that come to mind right now," said Serino.

Serino says he expects some inconsistencies in a person's stories.

"We're not robots as people," said Serino.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/01/george-zimmerman-trial-trayvon-martin-day-6?hpt=us_c2

Did you hear what Singleton said when Z was told Martin was dead?

I honestly have not been watching until today, but the words I just heard on HLN have clinched the case against Zimmerman . "That doesn't even sound like me" is what he said when he heard the tape of the screaming.

This guy comes across as not too bright, from the little I've watched. I also think he's guilty as hell. There are way too many conflicting statements in those investigation tapes.

Zimmerman described Martin as coming out of bushes that were not there. HLN analysts are talking about the inconsistencies, just in case some of you couldn't hear them.

Last edited by bluemoon on 7/1/2013, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

There is an issue with Zimmerman telling police that the screaming voice on the 911 recording doesn't sound like him. Understandably, the prosecution will probably to try to make the case that even Zimmerman doesn't think it's his own voice.
If the expert witness on the stand this morning said that scientists cannot determine whose voice it was screaming and that even friends and family might not recognize the voice when in such distress, I think it stands to reason that Zimmerman might not later recognize the sound of his own voice under such extreme conditions.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

Yes.

He knows if he screamed or not. He then denied that it was his voice.

That's the clincher, IMO.

He'd better testify to explain that statement, or he's lost the case.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Nothing I've heard has clinched the case for the prosecution.

He already said that he screamed for help. He said it in his first interview with Singleton. What he is saying later is that the scream doesn't sound like him. He didn't say it's not him, he said it didn't sound like him. I think it's perfectly understandable that he would not recognize his own voice screaming unless he's listened before to a recording of himself screaming under distress.

Last edited by Nekochan on 7/1/2013, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

He also said Martin was "smothering" him. The investigators pointed out that if he was smothered, no way could he be screaming. Barring a jury prejudice, I honestly think today has decided the case.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He didn't say that Martin was smothering him the entire time.

Time will tell. I think the case is over. I don't need any more convincing.
The odd thing is that I actually thought the screaming could be Zimmerman after hearing him speak on tape today. He has a rather boyish voice. But I'm going to take his word for it that it was not him.
That settles it for me.
I probably won't need to follow it any more closely.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He didn't say it wasn't him screaming. He said it didn't sound like him screaming. My voice on recording doesn't sound the same to me as when I hear myself as I'm talking. I can see how you wouldn't recognize your own voice in this kind of situation where you are screaming in extreme distress.
I would hope the jury would listen to ALL the evidence before determining guilt or innocence.

bluemoon wrote:Time will tell. I think the case is over. I don't need any more convincing.
The odd thing is that I actually thought the screaming could be Zimmerman after hearing him speak on tape today. He has a rather boyish voice.  But I'm going to take his word for it that it was not him.
That settles it for me.

Good God ! I hope you never get on a jury. You don't have the sense of gnat.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Yes.  

There went the state's proclamations of ill-will ,malice and all that other junk.

bluemoon wrote:Time will tell. I think the case is over. I don't need any more convincing.
The odd thing is that I actually thought the screaming could be Zimmerman after hearing him speak on tape today. He has a rather boyish voice. But I'm going to take his word for it that it was not him.
That settles it for me.

It's worrisome that prior to seeing all of the evidence and testimony that you can be already sure... I hope you are never on a jury.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The prosecution started out making this a racial case. I have so far seen no evidence of that, except for the racist comment that Trayvon's friend testified to him saying, about Zimmerman--creepy ass cracker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum