Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mankind: Death by Corporation

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/27/2013, 8:23 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/17178-mankind-death-by-corporation

Dr. Brian Moench is president of Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment and a member of the Union of Concerned Scientists.

-----------------------

http://sierraclub.typepad.com/scrapbook/2010/01/physician-activist-helps-turn-tide-against-coal-in-utah.html

Truthout/501c/George Soros = leftist propaganda

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't trust the Sierra Club or any other activist environmental group. They usually have agendas that are far out of the mainstream.

The U.S. is on track to reduce its coal-consumption without activism or legislative mandates. Before 2020, solar becomes cheaper than fossil fuels, and this will only further fuel the trend toward more use of renewable energy, which is a good thing. In the meantime, cheap natural gas from shale-gas extraction is further pushing down coal's share of the energy market in the U.S.

Now, the U.S. coal industry will continue to thrive, as coal is becoming a hot export commodity for the U.S. China and India are buying U.S. coal at premium prices and in record quantities. This means the pollution will simply be exported to those countries.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/27/2013, 10:41 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I don't trust the Sierra Club or any other activist environmental group. They usually have agendas that are far out of the mainstream.

The U.S. is on track to reduce its coal-consumption without activism or legislative mandates. Before 2020, solar becomes cheaper than fossil fuels, and this will only further fuel the trend toward more use of renewable energy, which is a good thing. In the meantime, cheap natural gas from shale-gas extraction is further pushing down coal's share of the energy market in the U.S.

Now, the U.S. coal industry will continue to thrive, as coal is becoming a hot export commodity for the U.S. China and India are buying U.S. coal at premium prices and in record quantities. This means the pollution will simply be exported to those countries.

Z, you're talking about fracking, which appears to be polluting water supplies in NY, PA, NJ and elsewhere. BTW, my son-in-law's parents, who lived in Williston, ND recently moved to Bismarck. Boomtown was turning into crimetown.

5Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/27/2013, 12:31 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I don't trust the Sierra Club or any other activist environmental group. They usually have agendas that are far out of the mainstream.

Z, you're talking about fracking, which appears to be polluting water supplies in NY, PA, NJ and elsewhere.  BTW, my son-in-law's parents, who lived in Williston, ND recently moved to Bismarck.  Boomtown was turning into crimetown.

Fracking has nothing to do with crime in Williston, so please cease with the red-herrings......

Fracking is here to stay. The connection to pollution of groundwater supplies is sketchy. You may as well as ban all oil drilling if that is a concern, as all oil wells drill through water-bearing units on their way down to the oil-zones. The shale zones where the actual fracking occurs are thousands of feet below the groundwater aquifers. The fearmongering about fracking (i.e., groundwater pollution, earthquakes, etc.) has its roots in one thing: climate-change activism. Those activists want to stop any and all new fossil-fuel production, so they put up foils about it being "dirty," causes earthquakes, pollutes groundwater, etc.

However, the activists are going to be shunted to the sidelines, as I have always said. They will make their noise comfortably out of the way. Even the President's speech on Tuesday was careful not to ruffle the feathers of the oil companies too much. The shale revolution is here, and its focal point is in the U.S. and Canada. The shale revolution is going to change geopolitics and make the U.S. and Canada major players on the world's stage for the next several decades. Other countries are jealously watching the developments here--we have something most other countries lack, and that is private-ownership of mineral rights, which helps spur petroelum development here.

The anti-fracking activists have miserably failed in California--where the legislature recently failed to pass a fracking ban in the state. The Monterey Shale formation has at least 15.4 billion barrels of recoverable crude in it; much more than what is in North Dakota's Bakken Formation (mineral leasing is going at a furious pace in Kern County, where my extended family has some mineral rights). The state wants the economic development and tax revenue that would come with development of the Monterey.

By 2030, the U.S. will be producing 10 million barrels of oil per day--most of it from wells that were fracked. No force in the world is powerful enough to stop this--you may as well resign yourself to the fact now.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

6Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/27/2013, 12:44 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Z, you're talking about fracking, which appears to be polluting water supplies in NY, PA, NJ and elsewhere.  BTW, my son-in-law's parents, who lived in Williston, ND recently moved to Bismarck.  Boomtown was turning into crimetown.

Fracking has nothing to do with crime in Williston, so please cease with the red-herrings......

Fracking is here to stay. The connection to pollution of groundwater supplies is sketchy. You may as well as ban all oil drilling if that is a concern, as all oil wells drill through water-bearing units on their way down to the oil-zones. The shale zones where the actual fracking occurs are thousands of feet below the groundwater aquifers. The fearmongering about fracking (i.e., groundwater pollution, earthquakes, etc.) has its roots in one thing: climate-change activism. Those activists want to stop any and all new fossil-fuel production, so they put up foils about it being "dirty," causes earthquakes, pollutes groundwater, etc.

However, the activists are going to be shunted to the sidelines, as I have always said. They will make their noise comfortably out of the way. Even the President's speech on Tuesday was careful not to ruffle the feathers of the oil companies too much. The shale revolution is here, and its focal point is in the U.S. and Canada. The shale revolution is going to change geopolitics and make the U.S. and Canada major players on the world's stage for the next several decades. Other countries are jealously watching the developments here--we have something most other countries lack, and that is private-ownership of mineral rights, which helps spur petroelum development here.

The anti-fracking activists have miserably failed in California--where the legislature recently failed to pass a fracking ban in the state. The Monterey Shale formation has at least 15.4 billion barrels of recoverable crude in it; much more than what is in North Dakota's Bakken Formation (mineral leasing is going at a furious pace in Kern County, where my extended family has some mineral rights). The state wants the economic development and tax revenue that would come with development of the Monterey.

By 2030, the U.S. will be producing 10 million barrels of oil per day--most of it from wells that were fracked. No force in the world is powerful enough to stop this--you may as well resign yourself to the fact now.

My comment about ND was an aside. It's the "boom" economy that is spoiling the landscape and causing an increase in crime.  My daughter was here for 3 weeks but returned to Montana last Friday, near the border with ND, where she is a "landman".  I'm pretty well up on what's happening with the Bakken Formation.  

But I've read horrible things about fracking chemicals polluting ground water...faucets on fire and such.  Are you telling me it's all the environmental activists and there's no basis in fact?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Dr. Brian Moench is president of  Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment and a member of the Union of Concerned Scientists.

-----------------------

http://sierraclub.typepad.com/scrapbook/2010/01/physician-activist-helps-turn-tide-against-coal-in-utah.html

Please find a decent source then come back.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Fracking has been shown, much to the dismay of the environmentalists, to have no ill effects. They have been using fracking for over 50 years in Oklahoma.

9Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/27/2013, 10:07 pm

PkrBum wrote:Truthout/501c/George Soros = leftist propaganda

you know whats so funny about that?

soros is a rich fucking corporation gangsta LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

10Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/28/2013, 2:00 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Dr. Brian Moench is president of  Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment and a member of the Union of Concerned Scientists.

-----------------------

The Sierra Club is one of the oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organizations in the United States. Wikipedia
Founded: May 28, 1892
Founders: John Muir, David R. Brower, Theodore Roosevelt

Get a life, or at least "edumacate" yourself.

11Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/29/2013, 1:51 am

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

-----------------------

The Sierra Club is one of the oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organizations in the United States. Wikipedia
Founded: May 28, 1892
Founders: John Muir, David R. Brower, Theodore Roosevelt

Get a life, or at least "edumacate" yourself.  

Simply proves there have been whackos around for a long time.

If they had their way, this would be our only form of transportation.  Motorcycles....

Mankind:  Death by Corporation Mototcyclewith9

Last edited by Markle on 6/30/2013, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

12Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/29/2013, 9:58 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You don't know your history...

13Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/29/2013, 8:12 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Wrong again. The issue is the facts, not the identity or agenda of the presenter. Or is that a concept to complex for you to handle?

Even Hitler and Dubya Bush told SOME truths. Hitler said it was important to make the trains run on time. Bush said "You can fool some of the people ... some of the time, er. . . you can't fool ... er ...."

14Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/30/2013, 1:59 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

Wrong again.  The issue is the facts, not the identity or agenda of the presenter.  Or is that a concept to complex for you to handle?

Even Hitler and Dubya Bush told SOME truths.  Hitler said it was important to make the trains run on time.  Bush said "You can fool some of the people ... some of the time, er. . . you can't fool ... er ...."

Given some of your hero's and folks you worship were mass murderers I can certainly understand that you'd love for that to be true.

15Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/30/2013, 4:53 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Wrong again.  The issue is the facts, not the identity or agenda of the presenter.  Or is that a concept to complex for you to handle?

Even Hitler and Dubya Bush told SOME truths.  Hitler said it was important to make the trains run on time.  Bush said "You can fool some of the people ... some of the time, er. . . you can't fool ... er ...."

Given some of your hero's and folks you worship were mass murderers I can certainly understand that you'd love for that to be true.

Wow, where did you get that little tidbit? Never mind...we know.

16Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/30/2013, 5:06 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Wow, where did you get that little tidbit?  Never mind...we know.

Mankind:  Death by Corporation Th?id=H.4910170867696261&pid=1

http://www.enotes.com/china-reference/china

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE2.HTM

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2FVEe7wCzs

Smile

17Mankind:  Death by Corporation Empty Re: Mankind: Death by Corporation 6/30/2013, 10:51 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Wow, where did you get that little tidbit?  Never mind...we know.

From Wordslinger himself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum