Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another DOE Green Disaster

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another DOE Green Disaster Empty Another DOE Green Disaster 6/17/2013, 11:37 am

This time it's Fisker, an electric car company that hasn't built a car in over 9 months. One thing they did do is miss their very first $10M loan payment to the government (read TAXPAYERS). They owe over $171 million that taxpayers will probably never see again. Thanks BHO! Save the planet!

2Another DOE Green Disaster Empty Re: Another DOE Green Disaster 6/17/2013, 1:55 pm

2seaoat

I saw my first two Chevy volts on the same day last week.   When I get my shots at Northwestern, I am telling you the entire taxi fleets are turning to Prius......the revolution is happening and you can laugh at it or say it is being forced, but folks at 4.25 a gallon do not agree with your assumptions.   The 2010 Prius has been recognized as the highest ever customer satisfaction since polls have been taken.......gas guzzling is stupid, solar is smart and electric off wind and solar is brilliant.......it will come.....get out of the way or empty your wallet.

3Another DOE Green Disaster Empty Re: Another DOE Green Disaster 6/19/2013, 10:37 am

nochain wrote:This time it's Fisker, an electric car company that hasn't built a car in over 9 months. One thing they did do is miss their very first $10M loan payment to the government (read TAXPAYERS). They owe over $171 million that taxpayers will probably never see again. Thanks BHO! Save the planet!
      Didn't the cowh recently give a speech that he wants to further invest in green projects?...Didn't the budget cuts cover throwing away money?...The track record on these investments don't seem to be paying off...

4Another DOE Green Disaster Empty Re: Another DOE Green Disaster 6/19/2013, 5:47 pm

2seaoat

Didn't the cowh recently give a speech that he wants to further invest in green projects?...Didn't the budget cuts cover throwing away money?...The track record on these investments don't seem to be paying off...

The trillions we spent in the space program and NASA many felt had no economic benefit to this country.......the multipliers and indirect impact of the same most certainly was part of the great productivity gains in America over the last 50 years. The green revolution is being led by capital now......the midwest cornfields all the way to the Texas Panhandle is seeing wind power sprout like giant sunflowers across America....not because of a green President.....but because it is making more sense than alternatives.....Pickens Plan on NG filling stations on our truck fleet will happen as our reserves of NG have almost doubled and our dependency on Foreign Oil is relatively dropping like a rock.........green is good.

5Another DOE Green Disaster Empty Re: Another DOE Green Disaster 6/19/2013, 8:02 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My cousin's kid is a PHD electrical engineer doing research on battery technology at Oak Ridge. It's a joint public/private funded project.
He's saying that by the end of the decade we will a plug-in hybrid priced the same as a gas engine car that will go 250 miles on an electric charge before switching to gas.

That will be the game changer. That will be using American made energy for that 250 miles between daily charges. The ONLY times most of us would ever use gasoline then is for taking an out of town trip. All our other driving would use no gasoline.

To get to that goal that soon will require some participation of public money. So the question is, is it worth it?
Many say that technology should advance on it's own without public subsidy.
But others say it is worth it.
Some say a country in decline can't afford to do that.
Others say a country in decline NEEDS to do that.

And others are skeptical about it because they don't see a track record worth a shit when this dysfunctional uber-politicized incompetent government gets involved with this or anything else.
Like me.

6Another DOE Green Disaster Empty Re: Another DOE Green Disaster 6/19/2013, 8:07 pm

2seaoat

The problem is that if the independent use of vehicles by Americans is gutted by the economics of high fuel costs, our biggest failure will be the design of our entire urban planning which was built around the auto since the 1950s........we need these breakthroughs because we still have finite resources.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum