Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Navy Extends Benefits to Partners of Same-Sex Couples

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2013/06/navy-to-offer-benefits-to-same-sex-couples/

After August 31st the following applies:

Benefits that will be extended to same-sex domestic partners and families include:
* Dependent ID cards (DD Form 1173) which will be renewed in accordance with existing policies
* Commissary and Exchange
* Access to Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR)
* Access to child and youth programs. This includes child care, youth programs and youth sponsorship.
* Space-Available Travel on DoD Aircraft
* Joint duty assignment (collocation) for dual-military partners
* Access to Legal Assistance
* Access to most Family Center Programs
* Emergency leave and emergency leave of absence for the military member to attend to partner emergencies.
* Access to sexual assault counseling program. Emergency care provided; additional care determined by medical eligibility.
* Exemption from hostile-fire areas for dual-military if partner is killed in a combat zone.
* Transportation to and from certain places of employment and on military installations
* Transportation to and from Primary and Secondary school for minor dependents
* Disability and death compensation: dependents of members held as captives
* Payments to missing person
* Authorization to participate in surveys of military families, including the quadrennial quality of life review.
* Authority of Service Secretary to transport remains of a dependent

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

So now a service member doesn't have to be married to receive dependency benefits for their significant other. How will the military determine the legitimacy of the "partnership"? Will these same benefits extend to hetero couples who choose to live together but not marry? Of course not! Another case of "we want to be treated equally" except they don't - they want more. Shouldn't be a problem since the Navy has plenty of money for even more social experiments, right?

nochain wrote:So now a service member doesn't have to be married to receive dependency benefits for their significant other. How will the military determine the legitimacy of the "partnership"? Will these same benefits extend to hetero couples who choose to live together but not marry? Of course not! Another case of "we want to be treated equally" except they don't - they want more. Shouldn't be a problem since the Navy has plenty of money for even more social experiments, right?

Waa! waa! And how does it affect you?

Dreamsglore wrote:
nochain wrote:So now a service member doesn't have to be married to receive dependency benefits for their significant other. How will the military determine the legitimacy of the "partnership"? Will these same benefits extend to hetero couples who choose to live together but not marry? Of course not! Another case of "we want to be treated equally" except they don't - they want more. Shouldn't be a problem since the Navy has plenty of money for even more social experiments, right?

Why don't you take a stab at answering my questions freak? Oh that's right - you aren't capable of contributing to a thread except as WTMs replacement.

If you could understand what I wrote you would realize I was pointing out the hypocrisy that will affect the majority of military members. Idiot.

nochain wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Why don't you take a stab at answering my questions freak? Oh that's right - you aren't capable of contributing to a thread except as WTMs replacement.

If you could understand what I wrote you would realize I was pointing out the hypocrisy that will affect the majority of military members. Idiot.

Fl law determines such things in domestic situations as...living together as a family...a couple that have a child...shared residence and other financially shared household finances...Of course this creates a problem and the military will be forced to determine the rights of a couple when/if/should they become an ex-couple and how long after breaking up will these rights be extended?...This is another example of why the military should not be used in social experiments...but it's now too late for that and this is or will become a headache...

Dreamsglore wrote:

Think someone has a crush on nochain!!!!!....

Nekochan

Nekochan

newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Fl law determines such things in domestic situations as...living together as a family...a couple that have a child...shared residence and other financially shared household finances...Of course this creates a problem and the military will be forced to determine the rights of a couple when/if/should they become an ex-couple and how long after breaking up will these rights be extended?...This is another example of why the military should not be used in social experiments...but it's now too late for that and this is or will become a headache...

I agree. Look for lots of problems to come up with this. Meanwhile, in other areas, I think that service members' benefits will be cut.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think repealing DADT was the right move. However, giving benefits to same-sex couples is a bit over-the-top for me.

Back in the day, homosexuals were summarily discharged when they were found. I saw it happen with a few folks, myself. A lot has changed for the better since then. But, this move is just caving-in to radical activism.

I personally would have a really hard time watching two men or women-as domestic partners-slow dancing with each other at the annual USMC Birthday Ball.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think they should have left DA/DT alone and left service members alone as long as they didn't make an issue out of their sexual orientation. Other than that, I agree with Z.

Repealing DA/DT was the easy part...where it goes from here is going to be the most challenging part.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Navy Extends Benefits to Partners of Same-Sex Couples Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8sF-7SUsxc7YIKM1r7ayWXcH7Ba9XIUD4wG-Ub2BQgqvFLpGW6w

Nochain's right answer the questions.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww

Smile

nochain wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

What difference does it make to you? Are you losing anything,Gladys Cravitz?

Something told me the Navy would be the first. Razz

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

doubtingthomas wrote:Something told me the Navy would be the first. Razz

I think the Marines will be last..... But, I digress.... You would have never seen this on the hangar-deck floor of any squadron I served in:

Navy Extends Benefits to Partners of Same-Sex Couples Gay-marines-kissing_gi

Ain't that sweet?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sweet isn't what came to my mind. Shocked
But it's a different world today.

Nekochan wrote:Sweet isn't what came to my mind. Shocked
But it's a different world today.
It is a different world. As much as I am for other people to have the same rights I have a much harder time when I see two gay men for some reason. I know the reason though. I just don't like to think about it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum