Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer's who took a person from full time to part time to avoid compliance with PPACA

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

The network of doctors won't change and that never was up to obama it is an individual contract between health care providers and insurance company.

I think Mr. Markle wants efficiency and better health care to fail.......Nobody I know thinks the healthcare bill as written is perfect.....there will need to be improvements, but it is an improvement for many individuals, and it allows a path for significant cost savings. We will see in a decade who was right, but please get some cheese for your whine......the legislation is not going to go away anytime in the near future, and your making up numbers and wishing it will disappear is not going to happen. The next president would veto any type of measure of throw the bill out, and the current Republican message, and demographics have your whine particularly shrill in its futility.

2seaoat wrote: The network of doctors won't change and that never was up to obama it is an individual contract between health care providers and insurance company.

I think Mr. Markle wants efficiency and better health care to fail.......Nobody I know thinks the healthcare bill as written is perfect.....there will need to be improvements, but it is an improvement for many individuals, and it allows a path for significant cost savings. We will see in a decade who was right, but please get some cheese for your whine......the legislation is not going to go away anytime in the near future, and your making up numbers and wishing it will disappear is not going to happen. The next president would veto any type of measure of throw the bill out, and the current Republican message, and demographics have your whine particularly shrill in its futility.

Not having any wine or whine, whatever. I know Markle want's it to dissapear, it won't but rather be tweaked. Making up numbers? Not me just passing along the many meetings we've had on this and more meetings to come all summer. I try to pass a long what the corporate insurance companies know and pass along to us agents and the way it will work. Many in Florida will still go uninsured because there are those who will fall thru the crack because Florida did not accept the Medicaid monies and many of those are the one's today that use the e.r. for a common cold. If no one wants me to post after what I learn after the meetings I won't from this day forward and some of you can keep spewing your shit on what you think you might know and have learned on the internet.

I see in the newspaper this morning more layoff's at SH and they blame more of it on the medicaid cuts in the pass year Scott imposed (plus some on Medicare) and lack of surgeries because so many other place's in town also do surgeries. What will they blame it on next week? if they think their write off's are bad now, just wait. They need to cut some of those top salaries. Here all a long I thought the CEO only made $630,000, guess I didn't keep up with the times and she is paid well over a million a long with some surgeons's on staff.

doubtingthomas wrote:
2seaoat wrote: The network of doctors won't change and that never was up to obama it is an individual contract between health care providers and insurance company.

Not having any wine or whine, whatever. I know Markle want's it to dissapear, it won't but rather be tweaked. Making up numbers? Not me just passing along the many meetings we've had on this and more meetings to come all summer. I try to pass a long what the corporate insurance companies know and pass along to us agents and the way it will work. Many in Florida will still go uninsured because there are those who will fall thru the crack because Florida did not accept the Medicaid monies and many of those are the one's today that use the e.r. for a common cold. If no one wants me to post after what I learn after the meetings I won't from this day forward and some of you can keep spewing your shit on what you think you might know and have learned on the internet.

I see in the newspaper this morning more layoff's at SH and they blame more of it on the medicaid cuts in the pass year Scott imposed (plus some on Medicare) and lack of surgeries because so many other place's in town also do surgeries. What will they blame it on next week? if they think their write off's are bad now, just wait. They need to cut some of those top salaries. Here all a long I thought the CEO only made $630,000, guess I didn't keep up with the times and she is paid well over a million a long with some surgeons's on staff.

"Many in Florida will still go uninsured because there are those who will fall thru the crack because Florida did not accept the Medicaid monies and many of those are the one's today that use the e.r. for a common cold. If no one wants me to post after what I learn after the meetings I won't from this day forward and some of you can keep spewing your shit on what you think you might know and have learned on the internet."

Where have you been? Gov. Scott accepted the money.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/daily/florida-governor-s-embrace-of-medicaid-money-undercuts-gop-attacks-on-obamacare-20130221

I see the article is dated today and yes Scott wanted to accept it before the legislature adjourned, but our state republican legislators said no they would not accept it. If something has changed since Friday June 7th Florida had not accepted it and his republican legislature thumbed their noses at Scott. This is not to say some deal's weren't made yesterday and to tell you the truth I did not care one way or another, there are people out there who qualify for medicaid today and won't get off their lazy asses to apply and there are people who could qualify today only if Florida had not changed the rules in the past couple of years. I had one woman I spoke with a couple weeks ago in her fifties with severe RA, cannot work, SS has turned her disability claims down 3 times and has income under 10,000 annually and was turned down because she did not have a child in her household. This will help her if the state has truly accepted it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/05/florida-
rejects-medicaid-expansion-leaves-1-3-million-uninsured/

dated in May. I wonder which is right? I don't know if he needs the approval of legislature or not.

2seaoat

Doubting thomas,
Please keep posting facts......your posts are sophisticated and fact heavy.....very refreshing. My comments were to Mr. Markle to try to make the point that this bill is not perfect, but it is a starting point. Your detail is appreciated. I do not know if you are a sock, or a newer poster, but the information is as detailed as any forum member, and I think your explanations will help people make choices. If I am going to whack you, you will know it,.......my intent was a dialogue I have had with Mr. Markle for years.....he is too impatient, and everything is a zero sum game......he is right, and knowledgeable on many subjects, but he just does not think on health care.....it is all dogma.

doubtingthomas wrote:I see the article is dated today and yes Scott wanted to accept it before the legislature adjourned, but our state republican legislators said no they would not accept it. If something has changed since Friday June 7th Florida had not accepted it and his republican legislature thumbed their noses at Scott. This is not to say some deal's weren't made yesterday and to tell you the truth I did not care one way or another, there are people out there who qualify for medicaid today and won't get off their lazy asses to apply and there are people who could qualify today only if Florida had not changed the rules in the past couple of years. I had one woman I spoke with a couple weeks ago in her fifties with severe RA, cannot work, SS has turned her disability claims down 3 times and has income under 10,000 annually and was turned down because she did not have a child in her household. This will help her if the state has truly accepted it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/05/florida-
rejects-medicaid-expansion-leaves-1-3-million-uninsured/

dated in May. I wonder which is right? I don't know if he needs the approval of legislature or not.

Apparently, the legislature has to approve it but this is what they said in May:

Florida Republicans have taken a hard line against every provision in the federal health care law since it passed three years ago, and not much is different with the Medicaid provision. State lawmakers, including Republican Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford, have said they will not accept any of the money for ideological reasons. That’s why the Florida House offered a health insurance plan that would cover significantly fewer people and could end up costing the state a lot of its own money.

Markle

Markle

Not at all, I want the criminally INEFFICIENT and INFERIOR health care to fail, which, is already being proven, to fail. If you doubt that, look to Canada and Great Britain.

I have never made up any numbers and it is impossible for you to prove otherwise.

Of course President Barack Hussein Obama would veto any bill, following the wishes of the voters and repealing ObamaCare. It is unaffordable, unworkable and inferior to anything we have in America today.

Why do you demand that your children and their children suffer an inferior standard of living and health care than you do today. Why do you demand that they be permanently burdened under TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in unaffordable debt and taxes? Paying for your excesses and selfishness?

President Obama knew it was unaffordable and he LIED to you. If you were gullible enough to have believed him, may God help you.

Markle wrote:

Not at all, I want the criminally INEFFICIENT and INFERIOR health care to fail, which, is already being proven, to fail. If you doubt that, look to Canada and Great Britain.

I have never made up any numbers and it is impossible for you to prove otherwise.

Of course President Barack Hussein Obama would veto any bill, following the wishes of the voters and repealing ObamaCare. It is unaffordable, unworkable and inferior to anything we have in America today.

Why do you demand that your children and their children suffer an inferior standard of living and health care than you do today. Why do you demand that they be permanently burdened under TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in unaffordable debt and taxes? Paying for your excesses and selfishness?

President Obama knew it was unaffordable and he LIED to you. If you were gullible enough to have believed him, may God help you.

No one in my business was gullible enough to believe it would be affordable for some people. You can't add so many mandates and take everyone with pre existing without someone paying thru the nose.

Markle

Markle

doubtingthomas wrote:
Markle wrote:

No one in my business was gullible enough to believe it would be affordable for some people. You can't add so many mandates and take everyone with pre existing without someone paying thru the nose.

I sincerely doubt that there is 1 in 100 citizens who know what an insurance mandate is and how it affects price. Taking any shred of Freedom of choice, the IRS will be checking to see to it that has all the mandates required by our government.

What can go wrong there?

2seaoat

That is why many people realize the taxes collected by those young and healthy people will not offset the higher rates which will not be completely covered by subsidy. The path to a single payer system has been designed, and the efficiencies will be attained once folks realize that the Great Britain and Canada models which Mr. Markle argues have failed, have actually been pretty effective.....and we are able to implement the same. One of my shot's cost 11k here, and 3k in Canada.......When Rham sold out to big Pharm on the North Shore, he got this legislation through and left trillions on the table over the next decade.....it is time to work for reform on our drug pricing and evolve to a single payer system, with strong supplementary insurance.

Markle wrote:

Contraire" Herr Markle- it is not inferior to having no health insurance. Why should poor children not be afforded health care so your children can have a higher standard of living by not paying enough taxes? I'm willing to pay more money so children don't suffer.Are you? I doubt it and who is selfish and excessive?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

I think Mr. Markle wants efficiency and better health care to fail.......Nobody I know thinks the healthcare bill as written is perfect.....there will need to be improvements, but it is an improvement for many individuals, and it allows a path for significant cost savings.   We will see in a decade who was right, but please get some cheese for your whine......the legislation is not going to go away anytime in the near future, and your making up numbers and wishing it will disappear is not going to happen.  The next president would veto any type of measure of throw the bill out, and the current Republican message, and demographics have your whine particularly shrill in its futility.

Not at all, I want the criminally INEFFICIENT and INFERIOR health care to fail, which, is already being proven, to fail.  If you doubt that, look to Canada and Great Britain.

Of course President Barack Hussein Obama would veto any bill, following the wishes of the voters and repealing ObamaCare.  It is unaffordable, unworkable and inferior to anything we have in America today.

Why do you demand that your children and their children suffer an inferior standard of living and health care than you do today.  Why do you demand that they be permanently burdened under TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in unaffordable debt and taxes?  Paying for your excesses and selfishness?

President Obama knew it was unaffordable and he LIED to you.  If you were gullible enough to have believed him, may God help you.

Contraire" Herr Markle- it is not inferior to having no health insurance. Why should poor children not be afforded health care so your children can have a higher standard of living by not paying enough taxes? I'm willing to pay more money so children don't suffer.Are you? I doubt it and who is selfish and excessive?

I guess you live in a state that refuses to offer health insurance to the low income parents of children.  I'm surprised such a Progressive, left wing state would not take better care of their children.

Eligibility

Families who are not eligible for premium assistance may buy
Florida KidCare
(MediKids or Healthy Kids)
at the “full pay” premium rate.

Call 1-888-540-5437
for more information.

Florida KidCare is for children, not adults.
To qualify for premium assistance, a child must:

• Be under age 19
  • Be uninsured
  • Meet income eligibility requirements
  • Be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen
  • Not be eligible for Medicaid
  • Not be in a public institution

Cost

• There is no charge for Medicaid for children (KidCare Medicaid).
  • For other Florida KidCare programs, monthly premiums depend on your household’s size and income. Most families pay $15 or $20 a month. If you need to pay more, Florida KidCare will let you know.

Once again, why do you demand inferior health care for your children and their children?  Why do you demand that they live a far lower standard of living with crushing taxes?

As you well know, YOU (by that I mean Progressives) do not want to pay more in taxes, they demand that those cursed, vile "rich" people pay for what the Progressives WANT.

2seaoat

If I took my grandkids to a ballgame, they would be looking at how the seats work, where the vendors were, watching the cool videos on the scoreboard, but they would not be watching the game.....you remind me of my grandkids......

one of the shots I get cost 3k in Canada, and 11k in America......you can talk all the crap about the failed Canadian system, but you fail to look at the huge fail in America.

The high cost of medical care in America must start with competitive pricing of our drugs.  You blame Obama for everything else, but fail to realize that in fact this is largely his fault, and it is costing billions.  No a single payer system and competitive drug pricing will be the more efficient system, but you keep looking for the vendor with the cotton candy.....I understand.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I have never made up any numbers and it is impossible for you to prove otherwise.

If I took my grandkids to a ballgame, they would be looking at how the seats work, where the vendors were, watching the cool videos on the scoreboard, but they would not be watching the game.....you remind me of my grandkids......

one of the shots I get cost 3k in Canada, and 11k in America......you can talk all the crap about the failed Canadian system, but you fail to look at the huge fail in America.

The high cost of medical care in America must start with competitive pricing of our drugs.  You blame Obama for everything else, but fail to realize that in fact this is largely his fault, and it is costing billions.  No a single payer system and competitive drug pricing will be the more efficient system, but you keep looking for the vendor with the cotton candy.....I understand.

In Canada or Great Britain you'd already be pushing up poesy's.

Who developed the drug you are taking?  Canada or the United States.

Once again you pull shit off the state website that simply does not work the way they say, it's a crap shoot that once a kid receives kid's care some dumb ass state employee takes them off the next month and puts them in medicaid or completely out of the program and then the parent has to start over. I deal daily with people like this that just wants a normal policy for their kid. I know no one paying those prices for their kids most are paying somewhere between $60 and top $145.00 per month. Good luck finding a Dr who accepts Medicaid, so those kids are out of luck. Just because the state say's it work's like this, it doesn't. 

• Be under age 19

• Be uninsured

• Be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen

Cost

• There is no charge for Medicaid for children (KidCare Medicaid).NOSUCH THING AS KIDCARE MEDICAID IT IS ONE OR THE OTHER.

• For other Florida KidCare programs, monthly premiums depend on your household’s size and income. Most families pay $15 or $20 a month. If you need to pay more, Florida KidCare will let you know.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Employer's who took a person from full time to part time to avoid compliance with PPACA - Page 2 Z

Which taxes would those be? 

I don't recall seeing any taxes collected by the local, state, or federal government, that said these taxes are for health care.

If the government is going to declare them taxes then they should have the balls to collect them themselves instead of demanding that those taxes be paid to a private corporation (insurance agency).

While they're at it the government should just nationalize the damn industry and make health care available to all since you liberals seem to think that everything about it is a right.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

Markle

Markle

doubtingthomas wrote:Once again you pull shit off the state website that simply does not work the way they say, it's a crap shoot that once a kid receives kid's care some dumb ass state employee takes them off the next month and puts them in medicaid or completely out of the program and then the parent has to start over. I deal daily with people like this that just wants a normal policy for their kid. I know no one paying those prices for their kids most are paying somewhere between $60 and top $145.00 per month. Good luck finding a Dr who accepts Medicaid, so those kids are out of luck. Just because the state say's it work's like this, it doesn't. 

• Be under age 19

• Be uninsured

• Be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen

Cost

• There is no charge for Medicaid for children (KidCare Medicaid).NOSUCH THING AS KIDCARE MEDICAID IT IS ONE OR THE OTHER.

###

If they want a normal policy, what is stopping them from putting them on their family plan?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum