Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brownsville cycle shop I bought a bicycle from them......long time ago

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Brownsville cycle shop  I bought a bicycle from them......long time ago Brownsville-cycle-1_rtp_20-mar-13-_sfw
Comments by Frank Hardy
Here is one view of the business … I have another that I will post later. I do not remember the business, but I believe that the building is still at this corner of “P” and Cervantes Street. The one thing that grab’s my attention is the phone booth on the right hand side of the image. Most kids now days cannot even remember payphones, so a phone booth is out of the question! Clark Kent jumping into a phone booth to change into Superman always come to my mind when I see a photo of one … I almost said when I see one, but other than in a photo, I cannot remember the last time I ran across one. I know, the Navel Museum has one in one of the displays. Thanks for looking and I will post that other photo in the next few days … Frank

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I love seeing the old pictures....and no kids don't know about payphones. I remember as teens whenever we were going out dad gave us a dime....it was to call home if we needed anything.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I do not remember the last time I saw a phone booth. It's been many years. When we were at Epcot a few weeks back, I did notice that they had a row of pay phones. I was surprised. I guess there may still be a need for them although none of them were being used when I saw them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum