Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The assault on our rights continues unabated....

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bill wrote:
Sal wrote:We have a rapidly developing technology that will increase correct convictions and decrease incorrect prosecutions.

The only reason to be against this is that you assume the government will become tyrannical and use the data for nefarious purposes.

That's the paranoid, libertarian worldview, so I'm sure it will have legs.

Uh dude....I'm not talking about the government as you put it, I'm talking about crooked cops and District Attornies...like the ones in Texas who refuse to absolve someone they convicted on false charges, even after their DNA proves them to be innocent of the crime they were wrongly convicted of committing.

Just because you're paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you. J. Lennon

What you just said goes completely over my head. Not talking about the government but about crooked cops and DAs. Tell me then who these crooked cops and DAs are if not government?

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Bill wrote:
Sal wrote:We have a rapidly developing technology that will increase correct convictions and decrease incorrect prosecutions.

The only reason to be against this is that you assume the government will become tyrannical and use the data for nefarious purposes.

That's the paranoid, libertarian worldview, so I'm sure it will have legs.

Uh dude....I'm not talking about the government as you put it, I'm talking about crooked cops and District Attornies...like the ones in Texas who refuse to absolve someone they convicted on false charges, even after their DNA proves them to be innocent of the crime they were wrongly convicted of committing.

Just because you're paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you. J. Lennon

What you just said goes completely over my head. Not talking about the government but about crooked cops and DAs. Tell me then who these crooked cops and DAs are if not government?

Oh boy...here we go.

The entire freaking government dude...? Really.

Crooked cops and DA's are government employees, and them being corrupt not the face of our Federal Government any more than Bradley Manning represents the US Army.

Were you ducking when it went over your head bro..? Smile

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The assault on our rights continues unabated.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd4Ia0ztLy3LHAn4zjsLrAOi3WWluZuXpOduLl6tpGKefxZnhaWQ

Thank God that the one person around here who says they were in law enforcement is no longer serving or all the innocent people would be guilty until proven innocent.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes

Our future will see DNA recorded at birth... That footprint on the BC is getting kinda dated anyway.. I'll bet they'll let daddy know if it's really his kid too..

Lurch wrote:Our future will see DNA recorded at birth... That footprint on the BC is getting kinda dated anyway.. I'll bet they'll let daddy know if it's really his kid too..

A sample is already taken called a pku card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylketonuria

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What is the difference in a DNA swab versus a set of fingerprints, photographs, and running any and all data through national criminal databases. All the data stays on record indefinitely.

DNA is new-age just like fingerprinting was a century ago.

Damaged Eagle wrote:The assault on our rights continues unabated.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd4Ia0ztLy3LHAn4zjsLrAOi3WWluZuXpOduLl6tpGKefxZnhaWQ

Thank God that the one person around here who says they were in law enforcement is no longer serving or all the innocent people would be guilty until proven innocent.

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Only an idiot would say something as stupid as you just did.

Problems following the thread, or just such a POS stalker you had to jump in and prove what a moron you really are.

Does the owner of that pic you stole for your avatar know that you are using their image to be a cyber stalking dick knuckle...?

It has an imbedded watermark copyright, but hey....you're above the law, right asshole..?

Joanimaroni wrote:What is the difference in a DNA swab versus a set of fingerprints, photographs, and running any and all data through national criminal databases. All the data stays on record indefinitely.

DNA is new-age just like fingerprinting was a century ago.

Is that a question or another of your vacuous attempts to dumb down the issue to your pathetic level...?

And you're a nurse...?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I don't see how DNA alone could constitute a prima facie case against someone. Not only could it be abused by police and DA's, it could pretty easily be used by a perpetrator to incriminate an innocent party...although it certainly has exonerated many convicts...and...yes, these people don't like admitting they imprisoned someone without just cause.

Floridatexan wrote:I don't see how DNA alone could constitute a prima facie case against someone. Not only could it be abused by police and DA's, it could pretty easily be used by a perpetrator to incriminate an innocent party...although it certainly has exonerated many convicts...and...yes, these people don't like admitting they imprisoned someone without just cause.

And just consider the ramifications if it was someone with celebrity status, like the last GOP Rep. to be arrested for DUI. Or, conversely, the last Dem to be arrested for DUI.

Endangered Feces wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Problems following the thread, or just such a POS stalker you had to jump in and prove what a moron you really are.

Does the owner of that pic you stole for your avatar know that you are using their image to be a cyber stalking dick knuckle...?

It has an imbedded watermark copyright, but hey....you're above the law, right asshole..?

The assault on our rights continues unabated.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

Considering that your boy Bill, which is you, was probably one of those corrupt law enforcement officers (and would explain why he only served in law enforcement for such a short time.) that he was talking about in the first place why should I as a law abiding citizen provide anything other than standard ID without my consent?

As for the rest... Try to bust me if you think you can stalker. Then you can DNA test me to your hearts content. Otherwise DNA samples should be reserved for identifying criminals who may have committed a crime because there is probable cause.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Endangered Feces wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

The assault on our rights continues unabated.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

Considering that your boy Bill, which is you, was probably one of those corrupt law enforcement officers (and would explain why he only served in law enforcement for such a short time.) that he was talking about in the first place why should I as a law abiding citizen provide anything other than standard ID without my consent?

As for the rest... Try to bust me if you think you can stalker. Then you can DNA test me to your hearts content. Otherwise DNA samples should be reserved for identifying criminals who may have committed a crime because there is probable cause.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Where to even start answering your nonsensical rant.

I changed careers when I left the USAF, a 4 year contract. My record as a LEO was not just standard, it was exemplary, with a file full of Letters of Commendation from a laundry list of appreciative Officers. I made rank quickly, and served as a Desk Sergeant when I was an E-2, and was one of the early users of the DoD Crime Computer, ie....the internet. I was also on the USAFA Rifle and Pistol team and competed in the World Wide matches for 3 years. So your libelous accusation is a crock of shit.

How you can say that I advocate DNA phishing by LEO is beyond common sense. My position on that BS has been to solidly oppose it and it's not a complicated, hard to follow narrative.

I already busted you, copyright thief. Your willingness to keep using that pic says a lot about your respect for the rule of law, and your lack of ethics. In fact, I'm gonna change that sock avatar...I'm sure there's another troll worthy of derision via parody.

Troll on thief, but you are dead fucking deadski to me.

2seaoat

This trend started when the courts began supporting involuntary blood draws on DUIs where they had prosecutors ready to seek warrants where a suspect had failed a field sobriety test but refused a breathalyzer.

There just seemed to be such a violation of the fourth amendment taking blood, but the courts found where there is probable cause, and a warrant is sought which clearly allows a judge to see that probable cause....then blood taken against the will of the driver will be admissible......even though he refused the breath test.

I used to have heated discussions with my daughter who was assigned late hour friday and Saturdays to prepare warrants on refusal weekends where they were setting up stops. It really I think pushes the limits of ignoring our founding father's intent to protect citizen's expectation of privacy without government intrusion......but the court cases have been well reasoned, and consistent.

This DNA without a warrant has been a slow process of taking the same from convicted sexual predators....and slowly expanding the information collection. Bill makes some valid points, but I think that absent legislative efforts to limit this, the courts have been consistent and I do not immediately see this being overturned. I do not see a legislative initiative anytime in the near future being successful. I think any arrest will now have DNA collection, and this may require legislative safeguards.

Bill wrote:

Where to even start answering your nonsensical rant.

I changed careers when I left the USAF, a 4 year contract. My record as a LEO was not just standard, it was exemplary, with a file full of Letters of Commendation from a laundry list of appreciative Officers. I made rank quickly, and served as a Desk Sergeant when I was an E-2, and was one of the early users of the DoD Crime Computer, ie....the internet. I was also on the USAFA Rifle and Pistol team and competed in the World Wide matches for 3 years. So your libelous accusation is a crock of shit.

How you can say that I advocate DNA phishing by LEO is beyond common sense. My position on that BS has been to solidly oppose it and it's not a complicated, hard to follow narrative.

I already busted you, copyright thief. Your willingness to keep using that pic says a lot about your respect for the rule of law, and your lack of ethics. In fact, I'm gonna change that sock avatar...I'm sure there's another troll worthy of derision via parody.

Troll on thief, but you are dead fucking deadski to me.

The assault on our rights continues unabated.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiTZGDl4WjKVxs09zGxMX0T8PchIowibzJkDd49aK7SifQ_i7e6A

Generally one starts at the beginning idiot.

Yeah right. A frakking E-2 is only good for digging ditches, chipping paint, slopping my plate at meal times, and the like. If you have any training in law enforcement it's minimal to the max. They'd be lucky if you knew which end of the shovel to hold on to much less which end of a firearm to hold onto without shooting yourself.

As for respect for the rule of law... I'll start respecting it when you liberals start respecting it...

Shall we talk about illegal foreign nationals who shouldn't be in this country?

Shall we talk about the 14th Amendment's equality for all phrase and marriage rights?

Shall I go on?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho

Cool

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 6/4/2013, 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat wrote:This trend started when the courts began supporting involuntary blood draws on DUIs where they had prosecutors ready to seek warrants where a suspect had failed a field sobriety test but refused a breathalyzer.

There just seemed to be such a violation of the fourth amendment taking blood, but the courts found where there is probable cause, and a warrant is sought which clearly allows a judge to see that probable cause....then blood taken against the will of the driver will be admissible......even though he refused the breath test.

I used to have heated discussions with my daughter who was assigned late hour friday and Saturdays to prepare warrants on refusal weekends where they were setting up stops. It really I think pushes the limits of ignoring our founding father's intent to protect citizen's expectation of privacy without government intrusion......but the court cases have been well reasoned, and consistent.

This DNA without a warrant has been a slow process of taking the same from convicted sexual predators....and slowly expanding the information collection. Bill makes some valid points, but I think that absent legislative efforts to limit this, the courts have been consistent and I do not immediately see this being overturned. I do not see a legislative initiative anytime in the near future being successful. I think any arrest will now have DNA collection, and this may require legislative safeguards.

Thanx for making me feel less stupid for sharing my opinion on this issue. LOL.

These are the folk who will be in the chain of custody after taking your DNA.

What could go wrong...?

Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/video-captures-jasper-texas-police-officers-beating-woman-204501776.html

LOL....I'm beginning to love this forum feature.

This post was made by Damaged Eagle who is currently on your ignore list.

Bill wrote:LOL....I'm beginning to love this forum feature.

This post was made by Damaged Eagle who is currently on your ignore list.

The assault on our rights continues unabated.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrGAN0KJIW1R7QIIBtvUmFHb4k0YMO650Zh_pdwsunsfI78LZwzA

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxd3pZAVHI

lol!

2seaoat

Troubling.....the shoe and the officer anger.....not good for keeping his job without some sanctions. However, far more troubling is pulling the arrestee out of the view of the camera........

She needed to comply in a booking environment, but clearly the officers lost their poise and composure and did not act in a professional manner. Videos are the average citizen's last clear hope, but I have seen officers in a Juvenile facility falsely accused of brutality, and have had to go through administrative review when clearly the inmate was fighting. They do not have an easy job. They need to remain professional. Training is critical. However, when an inmate or an arrestee is fighting while in custody.....these folks have the buck stop on their desk......the best cops can lose their composure, but again training....training, and more training narrows this risk. Now DNA is a dangerous new form of evidence, and I tend to agree with you that we need safeguards and training......or you are exactly correct.....somebody is going to pull a shoe off and land on their asz........and sadly someone might spend the rest of their lives in jail.

The assault on our rights continues unabated.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDJ5ky1Tfg76ihjxKdO_tgd-hD2Epx0MolPaHA9A1cKbyevKiQog

A law enforcement officers job is a tough job.

I'm not comfortable with DNA testing any more than all the other forensic tests. It's too easy to tamper with the evidence. Especially when you have a hot headed and/or corrupt law enforcement officer who might be out for revenge or him/her self's own self interest.

Innocent people have always been swept up in the tide of corruption as scapegoats and always will be because it's the nature of the human beast.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmuZsSsyQ-M

Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Well here is the thread where I set poor Mr. Bill off....I Made
Two Posts....Dammit.

Joanimaroni wrote:Well here is the thread where I set poor Mr. Bill off....I Made
Two Posts....Dammit.

It was really uncalled for on his part and way over reactive. I didn't read this thread earlier but this is not cool.

Nekochan

Nekochan

This isn't even the thread where he posted full names.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum