Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boards...the great teams never play to game seven in Conf finals

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-dwyane-wade-chris-bosh-big-three-miami-heat-065701885.html

Heat CHOKING

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

LeBron James refused to wait a moment before beginning a determined and deliberate process of elevating his decaying Miami Heat. One by one, they walked out of the failure of Game 6, into the uncertainty of a Game 7, and James stood at mid-court clapping, cheering and cajoling his fading, failing teammates as they passed him on the way into the losing locker room.

WOW!

2seaoat

When the refs abandon Miami, they are just a good team. A great team they never were, nor never will be. James is a top player in the NBA, but he can neither close a championship, nor make the players around him better. Yes, Boards will show a video of him making great passes....he has a great behind the back pass, but he simply cannot elevate a team to the next level. They have had a historic run this year through an injured league, and they still may win this years championship, but a great team of all time........not even in the same zip code.

2seaoat

The great teams played great teams..........the Indiana Pacers or an aging over the hill Spurs are neither great, nor that much better or worse than the Heat........

It will be interesting to see what free agents choose to join the Heat shipwreck. I was impressed with Bosh's play earlier this year when he was perfecting the three point which opened the Heat offense for others besides James......but he has stumbled this series.

This Heat team could still be champions.......but the silly talk of a team for the ages has vanished as this team stumbles through the playoffs propped up by questionable refs, and a league goal to maximize viewership.

Maybe birthers should not be compared to those who dared question the supremacy of the Heat for all time......

2seaoat

Boards always disappears when we discuss the Heat in real time, and shows up a couple days later after they win a game.......back to back cruises......or perhaps........fear to discuss the Heat's demise to mere mortals.......with crazy birthers............

Come on.......grab a backbone, and get down into the trenches and throw some elbows......what fun is this forum if you go and hide, and only appear after a win........come on man.......man up and call Seaoat some names.......it seems to be a trend with me growing more obnoxious by the day........and Sal.......we will just call him Sally........he sure could throw his admiration around a winner.....a team for all time......but no more Sallisims......no more fun.....what a bunch of party poopers.

2seaoat

Help me now......what all time great team went of a seven game conference championship?

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:........and Sal.......we will just call him Sally........

Sally?

Really?

This coming from someone who has written an interminable number of posts crying about the refs?

I have been cut to the quick by the forum's most sanctimonious bore.

Rolling Eyes

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:The great teams played great teams..........the Indiana Pacers or an aging over the hill Spurs are neither great, nor that much better or worse than the Heat........

The Pacers are not a great team? Not even sure how to reply to that.

I have to ask you, 2seaoat, are there any decent NBA teams today?

The spurs are much better than average... prolly to old to match up athletically tho. But if they can control the inside and play team defense... they should stand the same odds as the pacers. Six or seven years ago the spurs would be even money or better.

2seaoat

Sally and Boards.....

The Spurs team is not even in the top five of Spur teams. The Lakers are not in the top 10 of Laker teams. The Bulls are not in the top 10 of Bull teams. The Knicks are not in the top 10 of Knick teams. Ok is hurt. Houston was hurt. Boston could not get the batteries for their wheelchairs. That leaves the Heat who did have a tear through an
injured league in 2012-2013.....they are not a top twenty team right now...........

So how do you measure greatness this year.......? The Heat statistically are the best among injured and mediocre teams this year, and they still have to get by two teams which would not even figure in top twenty.......so come get me Boyz......cuz I am right. The Pacers are two years away, and one player from having a very impressive team......if they win this year, it will be because Miami and the Spurs had some type of melt down.

2seaoat

Six or seven years ago the spurs would be even money or better.

Agreed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum