Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Okay ladies get in line time to get those fun bags removed..it's trendy now...

+4
knothead
Floridatexan
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well My comment was that people follow movie stars way too much...so go ahead mutilate yourselves it's trendy...cool.....

I understand what you're saying and I know it's not an attack on women. I think some people do take extreme medical measures out of fear. You just have a way of saying things that annoys the heck out of people sometimes. I cannot say if I was in Jolie's shoes what I would do. I just do not know enough about her situation and the disease. It is her choice to make.

Some of the comments to you on here are out of line.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The friend i lost to cancer had the double mastectomy preventative surgery and still died 9 years later from breast cancer after suffering with horrible treatments......I miss you Peggy.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The friend i lost to cancer had the double mastectomy preventative surgery and still died 9 years later from breast cancer after suffering with horrible treatments......I miss you Peggy.

I'm sorry, Teo.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The friend i lost to cancer had the double mastectomy preventative surgery and still died 9 years later from breast cancer after suffering with horrible treatments......I miss you Peggy.

Do you mind if I think you're lying? I don't think you would have started this thread the way you did if you had that experience. I suspect that if she had a double mastectomy 10 or more years ago, it was because she already had cancer. It had already spread. Many women have their breasts removed too late. I guess that's what you think Angelina Jolie should do, wait until she has a diagnosis and could die.

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.naturalnews.com/040334_Angelina_Jolie_double_mastectomy_breast_cancer_prevention.html

Angelina Jolie inspires women to maim themselves by celebrating medically perverted double mastectomies

I have never in my life heard of someone removing their breast as a prevention method. Matter of a fact, I have never met a doctor who would approve of such.

This is EXTREMLY BIZZARO. You cant just walk into a surgeons office and say hay, take these off, my parent, grandmother etc died from cancer and I want to make sure I don't get it. YOU JUST CANT DO THAT. Even cash payers have to have medically necessary. I guess they are using that BRCA gene here to give some insight to what could happen. but shit, if we started doing that are every woman who carries that gene would be allowed to have their breast removed and get a nice new set of bosoms.

I think this is a bit much, sorry.

I think she just didn't want people talking about her gtting a boob job.

She's getting her ovaries removed too. She's a smart lady. Do you think she wanted a boob job so much she is willing to have her ovaries removed too?
As I said, you need to talk to a surgeon if you think this is all BIZARRO. It's common medical practice. Insurance companies are required to pay for these preventative surgeries by law.

Last edited by bluemoon on 5/15/2013, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

The scary thing is Chrissy claims to be a medical professional.

Gawd help us.

Sal wrote:The scary thing is Chrissy claims to be a medical professional.

Gawd help us.

I agree.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

bluemoon wrote:

Do you mind if I think you're lying? I don't think you would have started this thread the way you did if you had that experience. I suspect that if she had a double mastectomy 10 or more years ago, it was because she already had cancer. It had already spread. Many women have their breasts removed too late. I guess that's what you think Angelina Jolie should do, wait until she has a diagnosis and could die.

Okay I got rid of all the cuss words, took a while. What you fail to realize is that i work in hospitals. I see their incompetence every day in every way. Cancer is an industry a business. A cash cow. I lost my mom to lung cancer ...well actually to an overdose of Chemo which destroyed her kidneys and poisoned her system so she had a long slow painful death by systemic poison. I lost another friend to an incompetent surgeon that decided not to put a basket in a blood vessel which allowed a piece of bone marrow to travel to his lung and cause an embolism which killed him dead at 17.....You people all think that doctors are gods and infallible which I know is bullshit.......the assholes overdosed my 1 year old granddaughter with an experimental medicine which killed her bone marrow and left her to suffer through transfusion after transfusion until she finally died swollen and sick from steroids.....I am tired of the fight go ahead and trust your "gods" I will trust the god that created me....I could go on and on about hospitals and their real business...making money but I am just a liar and who gives a damn about you folks here ?....you don't care why should I ?

I never said that doctors are gods. They make mistakes. I will say that they have knowledge that I don't have. I'll also say that I've had friends and family members who would no longer be with us except for the care those physicians gave. If you believe in God then it seems to me you could also believe that God gives mankind the knowledge to heal. If I remember right, the book of Luke was written by a physician.
I'm not going to argue with you anymore either, because I can't respect your ideas about hospitals and doctors. They do the best they can. Yes, they are too expensive. That's a problem. But if you hate modern medicine so much, just crawl into a cave and die the next time you get sick. The rest of us can take an antibiotic and live a few more years.
Some women may even "maim" themselves so their kids can have a mother for more years than you had yours. It would be nice if you could just show them a little respect for making that decision.

Last edited by bluemoon on 5/15/2013, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

bluemoon wrote:I never said that doctors are gods. I will say that they have knowledge that I don't have. I'll also say that I've had friends and family members who would no longer be with us except for the care those physicians gave. If you believe in God then it seems to me you could also believe that God gives mankind the knowledge to heal. If I remember right, the book of Luke was written by a physician.
I'm not going to argue with you anymore either, because I can't respect your ideas about hospitals and doctors. They do the best they can. If you hate modern medicine so much, just crawl into a cave and die the next time you get sick. The rest of us can take an antibiotic and live a few more years.

Typical response ...yes take your anti -life drugs...eat some yogurt it will help restore your real immunity which resides in your gut that the antibiotics just killed dead.

2 Chronicles 16 : 12---

12 In the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa developed a serious foot disease. Even when the disease became life threatening, he did not seek the LORD's help but sought help only from his physicians.

13 So he died in the forty-first year of his reign.

I edited my last post. You can go back and read what I said or not. I said that some women may "maim" themselves so their kids can have a mother longer than you apparently had yours. It would be nice if you showed them a little respect. I doubt that you're capable of it. I won't waste any more time. I'm not going to cure the way you think.

But FYI, many surgeons pray before they operate.

I know that's too confusing for you to understand.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

bluemoon wrote:I edited my last post. You can go back and read what I said or not. I said that some women may "maim" themselves so their kids can have a mother longer than you apparently had yours. It would be nice if you showed them a little respect. I doubt that you're capable of it. I won't waste any more time. I'm not going to cure the way you think.

But FYI, many surgeons pray before they operate.

I know that's too confusing for you to understand.

Yeah pray they don't get sued for malpractice or that no one scratches their Porsche....it's all about the bucks.....wasn't once now it's just business....

you can heap all your misplaced hate on me because I have a different opinion of "modern" medicine ...so what....

And yet, you take their blood money.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

bluemoon wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.naturalnews.com/040334_Angelina_Jolie_double_mastectomy_breast_cancer_prevention.html

Angelina Jolie inspires women to maim themselves by celebrating medically perverted double mastectomies

She did the best thing she could do to stay healthy. What is your problem?

A beautiful woman is still a beautiful woman no matter what kind of breasts she has, silicone or natural. Any man who can't figure that out is a sick dick and doesn't deserve a decent lady. I'm assuming you don't have one.

Bless you, Blue Moon.

I'm a two-time breast cancer survivor. I lost my right breast in '95, but they made a new one for me using my own abdominal tissue. The technical term is TRAM-flap reconstruction. In '03, I lost half of my left breast to an entirely different type of breast cancer (followed by chemo and radiation.) Since I still had enough left for general purposes, I decided to forego reconstruction on the left side.

I have a wonderful man in my life now - my husband. I met him after all was said and done. He never knew me "before", only after.

My then and now ex-husband, after my mastectomy in '95, told me how lucky I was that he didn't leave me, since "after all, Newt Gingrich left his wife for the same thing!" Shocked

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

First off I posted nothing stating that because a woman had to have a Mastectomy it made her unattractive nor did I say she shouldn't if she wants or feels she needs to. I simply think that because some Hollywood type makes a big deal out of it women shouldn't immediately have it done because of some statistic about genetics....I am sure though that the Doctors will welcome the profit potential the propaganda will create by scaring women into preemptive surgery....I also doubt anyone read the article I quoted from but I'll be your Boogeyman if you need one... Twisted Evil

TEOTWAWKI wrote:First off I posted nothing stating that because a woman had to have a Mastectomy it made her unattractive nor did I say she shouldn't if she wants or feels she needs to. I simply think that because some Hollywood type makes a big deal out of it women shouldn't immediately have it done because of some statistic about genetics....I am sure though that the Doctors will welcome the profit potential the propaganda will create by scaring women into preemptive surgery....I also doubt anyone read the article I quoted from but I'll be your Boogeyman if you need one... Twisted Evil

Never surrender. Keep digging no matter what amount of spin it takes to deny your venture into the briar patch.

She spoke out because of the stigma and to address the fact that fame and fortune do not make you immune to life.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Amazing how when I put you in my ignore list no matter what name you use you stay ignored.....and so shall ye ever be.......redbear

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Amazing how when I put you in my ignore list no matter what name you use you stay ignored.....and so shall ye ever be.......redbear

Your ignorance is multi faceted; no doub 'bout that.

Markle

Markle

This is a PRIME example of someone opening their mouth before they have a clue what they are talking about and making disgusting asses of themselves.

Make an effort to grow up.

bluemoon wrote:Many surgeons will remove both a woman's breasts due to a family history of breast cancer, especially with involvement of the BRCA gene. A diagnosis of Lobular CIS in the breast, which is also a predictor of future invasive cancer, is also considered by all insurance companies to be reason for a double mastectomy. You claim you work in a hospital, right? Go ask a surgeon about it. You don't know what you are talking about. Teo lost a good friend to cancer but he thinks a woman shouldn't maim herself to prevent it? I suspect most women who have had breast surgery would resent the word maim.

A woman who carries that gene has an 87 percent chance of getting either ovarian or breast cancer. Any woman who carries it should consider a double mastectomy. She's a fool if she does not. And if her husband isn't man enough to accept her decision, she's not married to much of a man.

I don't claim to work in healthcare I do and have for 20 years.

NO< MANY surgeons DO NOT remove your breast just because of family history and a test that is relatively new ( few years). Normally you would have to have a tumor, they try and do biopsy and FNA first, they don't just go whacking them off like this. so your full of shit. this is rare and biazzar case since she had never had a tumor or lesion, just a blood test.

btw, all you men can line up since you think that its normal to cut off your stuff just vecause you might get cancer. theres a 100% chance if you live long enough you will get prostate cancer. make your appointments today, its completely normal way of prevention LOL

Nekochan

Nekochan

In sickness and in health, to death do you part.....that's what marriage is about. But I don't think Teo suggested that any woman should not have her breasts removed because her husband doesn't like the way she'll look. Teo has always, since I've known him on the forums, been a critic of the health care system and a proponent of natural foods and natural remedies. I don't for a second agree with everything Teo says, and I think he words his posts in a way to stir up people. But I don't think for a minute that he's suggesting a woman should refuse health care because some man in her life loves her tits more than he loves her. I don't read that at all in his posts.

As I said, I don't know enough about the matter to criticize or support Jolie. I would hope that she has consulted people who know what they're talking about and that she made a completely informed decision. I wish her only the best. But I do not find Teo questioning her decision to be repulsive as most of you on here think it is.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Preventive double mastectomies for women who have the BRCA1 gene is not uncommon at all. I know a woman who had this done.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.....

Jolie's decision leaves no place for judgment:

http://www.today.com/health/jolies-mastectomy-decision-leaves-no-place-judgment-1C9941795

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:In sickness and in health, to death do you part.....that's what marriage is about. But I don't think Teo suggested that any woman should not have her breasts removed because her husband doesn't like the way she'll look. Teo has always, since I've known him on the forums, been a critic of the health care system and a proponent of natural foods and natural remedies. I don't for a second agree with everything Teo says, and I think he words his posts in a way to stir up people. But I don't think for a minute that he's suggesting a woman should refuse health care because some man in her life loves her tits more than he loves her. I don't read that at all in his posts.

As I said, I don't know enough about the matter to criticize or support Jolie. I would hope that she has consulted people who know what they're talking about and that she made a completely informed decision. I wish her only the best. But I do not find Teo questioning her decision to be repulsive as most of you on here think it is.

Unfortunately, my ex-husband said "in beauty and in health, till no boobs do we part" during the wedding ceremony.

And good riddance, I say!

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:In sickness and in health, to death do you part.....that's what marriage is about. But I don't think Teo suggested that any woman should not have her breasts removed because her husband doesn't like the way she'll look. Teo has always, since I've known him on the forums, been a critic of the health care system and a proponent of natural foods and natural remedies. I don't for a second agree with everything Teo says, and I think he words his posts in a way to stir up people. But I don't think for a minute that he's suggesting a woman should refuse health care because some man in her life loves her tits more than he loves her. I don't read that at all in his posts.

Unfortunately, my ex-husband said "in beauty and in health, till boobs do we part" during the wedding ceremony.

Good riddance, indeed. You know, PB, I don't want this to sound the wrong way but I think you'll understand what I mean because I know that you now have found the love of your life ---- but aren't you glad you found out what an ass your ex was? It was not under good circumstances, but at least he was exposed for what he really was.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Unfortunately, my ex-husband said "in beauty and in health, till boobs do we part" during the wedding ceremony.

Good riddance, indeed. You know, PB, I don't want this to sound the wrong way but I think you'll understand what I mean because I know that you now have found the love of your life ---- but aren't you glad you found out what an ass your ex was? It was not under good circumstances, but at least he was exposed for what he really was.

Oh, Neko, yes. I wouldn't be with my husband today had I not learned the true character of my ex, who also turned out to be a lying womanizer.

The ex got a job in Dallas, Texas, and I paid for his move, lock, stock and barrel. After he was all settled in, I told him the good news. Believe me when I say my "investment" was worth every penny. Twisted Evil Reference my quote below. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum