Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mr. Markle and Seaoat agree on one universal truth...........

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

It is historic........there is even some rumors that even in the Middle East there is consensus.........Dreams has done it again........in her attempt to try to explain a legal concept she was challenged by Chrissy, which resulted in another stellar example of legally blonde:

Dumbass, it has to be race,sex,religion,disability etc to be legal discrimination. No political entities.

Chrissy......you are most certainly correct. Dreams thinks in her legally blonde permanent condition that statutory rules concerning discrimination are the only rules. In the United States we have constitutional rights which are guaranteed under the fifth and fourteenth amendments. Due process of law requires equal protection under those laws. If in fact a political entity is denied its due process of the law under the constitution, that discrimination will fail under the equal protection clauses of those amendments, and independent of any statutory interpretations, the courts will find that if the IRS was discriminating against Conservative political groups, that in fact they are in violation of the law because of those discriminatory practices.

Chrissy, please be patient with Dreams instead of making crude and rude remarks. What she lacks in legal understanding, she more than makes up with her borderline tendencies, and you do not help that by reacting to her condition. You were correct, and she was as usual.......legally blonde.....quite harmless in her ignorance and certainly not worth you swearing at her, which sadly makes you look like the goofy one.

That's why you're an idiot. Tax audits don't fall under discrimination under the legal definitions.

Dreams calling Chrissy an idiot and telling her she does not know "legal definitions"......priceless!

The best part is Mr. Markle having to admit total agreement that Dreams is legally blonde:

2seaoat, PLEASE do not take this personal but I agree with you 100% in you entire post. I hope that doesn't cause you to panic or question your beliefs.

I think the IRS and administration will ultimately be held above/beyond the scope of law or recourse...

that's the pattern.

2seaoat

I think the IRS and administration will ultimately be held above/beyond the scope of law or recourse...

that's the pattern.

I do not have the global answer to your conclusion, but if it is found that a person or supervisor targeted certain groups and that classification was not based on likelihood of failure to report taxes, rather on political belief. The targets of those actions will have recourse under civil remedies.

I think that they would invoke sovereign immunity... and even if congress allowed a hearing... they can limit it.

Considering the methods used in previous issues that could have proved sensitive... any obfuscation is on the table.

2seaoat

Sovereign immunity has exceptions which do not give protection for intentional and willful acts. If folks intentionally targeted people because of the political group they were in, and those people suffered quantitative damages, they will have a remedy.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

While few are defending the Internal Revenue Service for targeting some 300 conservative groups, there are two critical pieces of context missing from the conventional wisdom on the “scandal.” First, at least from what we know so far, the groups were not targeted in a political vendetta — but rather were executing a makeshift enforcement test (an ugly one, mind you) for IRS employees tasked with separating political groups not allowed to claim tax-exempt status, from bona fide social welfare organizations. Employees are given almost zero official guidance on how to do that, so they went after Tea Party groups because those seemed like they might be political. Keep in mind, the commissioner of the IRS at the time was a Bush appointee.

The second is that while this is the first time this kind of thing has become a national scandal, it’s not the first time such activity has occurred.

“I wish there was more GOP interest when I raised the same issue during the Bush administration, where they audited a progressive church in my district in what look liked a very selective way,” California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff said on MSNBC Monday. “I found only one Republican, [North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones], that would join me in calling for an investigation during the Bush administration. I’m glad now that the GOP has found interest in this issue and it ought to be a bipartisan concern.”

The well-known church, All Saints Episcopal in Pasadena, became a bit of a cause célèbre on the left after the IRS threatened to revoke the church’s tax-exempt status over an anti-Iraq War sermon the Sunday before the 2004 election. “Jesus [would say], ‘Mr. President, your doctrine of preemptive war is a failed doctrine,’” rector George Regas said from the dais.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when_the_irs_targeted_liberals/

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:While few are defending the Internal Revenue Service for targeting some 300 conservative groups, there are two critical pieces of context missing from the conventional wisdom on the “scandal.” First, at least from what we know so far, the groups were not targeted in a political vendetta — but rather were executing a makeshift enforcement test (an ugly one, mind you) for IRS employees tasked with separating political groups not allowed to claim tax-exempt status, from bona fide social welfare organizations. Employees are given almost zero official guidance on how to do that, so they went after Tea Party groups because those seemed like they might be political. Keep in mind, the commissioner of the IRS at the time was a Bush appointee.

The second is that while this is the first time this kind of thing has become a national scandal, it’s not the first time such activity has occurred.

“I wish there was more GOP interest when I raised the same issue during the Bush administration, where they audited a progressive church in my district in what look liked a very selective way,” California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff said on MSNBC Monday. “I found only one Republican, [North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones], that would join me in calling for an investigation during the Bush administration. I’m glad now that the GOP has found interest in this issue and it ought to be a bipartisan concern.”

The well-known church, All Saints Episcopal in Pasadena, became a bit of a cause célèbre on the left after the IRS threatened to revoke the church’s tax-exempt status over an anti-Iraq War sermon the Sunday before the 2004 election. “Jesus [would say], ‘Mr. President, your doctrine of preemptive war is a failed doctrine,’” rector George Regas said from the dais.

The tentacles of Citizen United reach far and wide.

2seaoat

The tentacles of Citizen United reach far and wide.

Bingo......now as money is pouring into this process, the IRS is faced with the task to make sure this rush for the 501 c 4 designation is correct, but you have hit the underlying problem........A needed constitutional amendment which placed common sense limitations on expansion of rights of corporations to be people and influence elections by donations which cannot be tied back to them. Very very dangerous third world Latin American Oligarchy stuff.........but all that being said, the designation of conservative or liberal cannot be the classification or point of determination of the audit. It must use objective standards or they will be in violation of the law. I do think the proportional scrutiny of the conservative groups may tend to reflect the proportional increase of those groups based on money donations..........but like O'Reilly said on abc morning news......this IRS thing is a mid level screw up....nothing more.

2seaoat wrote:It is historic........there is even some rumors that even in the Middle East there is consensus.........Dreams has done it again........in her attempt to try to explain a legal concept she was challenged by Chrissy, which resulted in another stellar example of legally blonde:

Dumbass, it has to be race,sex,religion,disability etc to be legal discrimination. No political entities.

Chrissy......you are most certainly correct. Dreams thinks in her legally blonde permanent condition that statutory rules concerning discrimination are the only rules. In the United States we have constitutional rights which are guaranteed under the fifth and fourteenth amendments. Due process of law requires equal protection under those laws. If in fact a political entity is denied its due process of the law under the constitution, that discrimination will fail under the equal protection clauses of those amendments, and independent of any statutory interpretations, the courts will find that if the IRS was discriminating against Conservative political groups, that in fact they are in violation of the law because of those discriminatory practices.

Chrissy, please be patient with Dreams instead of making crude and rude remarks. What she lacks in legal understanding, she more than makes up with her borderline tendencies, and you do not help that by reacting to her condition. You were correct, and she was as usual.......legally blonde.....quite harmless in her ignorance and certainly not worth you swearing at her, which sadly makes you look like the goofy one.

That's why you're an idiot. Tax audits don't fall under discrimination under the legal definitions.

Dreams calling Chrissy an idiot and telling her she does not know "legal definitions"......priceless!

The best part is Mr. Markle having to admit total agreement that Dreams is legally blonde:

2seaoat, PLEASE do not take this personal but I agree with you 100% in you entire post. I hope that doesn't cause you to panic or question your beliefs.

It's not a protected class,Seaoat and you know it.The 14th amendment protects an individuals right not a group of political parties. It is a civil remedy not an illegal act.

2seaoat

it's not a protected class,Seaoat and you know it.The 14th amendment protects an individuals right not a group of political parties. It is a civil remedy not an illegal act.

Dreams you simply do not understand the constitution. A protected class has a higher standard of scrutiny. A governmental agency which impacts a protected class must meet the compelling state interest test. This is a higher standard, but even if a political group is not in a protected class, the government must still meet the rational basis test for their classification system to not be in violation of the equal protection clause, and if that non protected class is discriminated and the government's classification does not meet that rational basis test, the agency will be found to be in violation of the United States Constitution under the 5th and 14th amendments and the non protected class will still have a remedy.

Now your second sentence in your post is not comprehensible. I hate to try to figure out what you are thinking, but if you are suggesting a violation of the law by the government is not illegal, you are incorrect. The court reviewing the classification will make a declaration that the classification does not meet the standard and is a violation of the law. Now in this plasma of confused concepts you are suggesting that an illegal act can only rise to the level of a criminal charge, you are simply incorrect in your terms. No one is suggesting that the rational basis theory when applied to the equal protection clause results in criminal charges. It does not. However, the AG office should in fact be reviewing these decisions to see if any criminal conduct was involved. I am not suggesting there was, but an independent review by the AG is necessary.

I think you owe Chrissy an apology. She may not have been entirely articulate in how the standards are applied which she even admitted, but her conclusion was dead cinch correct.

2seaoat

The 14th amendment protects an individuals right not a group of political parties.

So labor unions, environmental groups, and the local girl scouts do not have protections from our constitution regarding equal protection of the law because they are in a group? Is this really your argument? This is sadly entertaining........it is a tell on how sadistic I have become......Dreams, there is always time to go back to school and learn some things.......there is no shame in picking up a course, or even going to a seminar which deals with the constitution, but where you are getting these wild ideas......it is like watching Art Linkletter talk with kids.......Dreams says the darndest things........and I am probably the only one who is being amused.......the rest of the forums probably equates this with fingernails on a blackboard.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The 14th amendment protects an individuals right not a group of political parties.

So labor unions, environmental groups, and the local girl scouts do not have protections from our constitution regarding equal protection of the law because they are in a group? Is this really your argument? This is sadly entertaining........it is a tell on how sadistic I have become......Dreams, there is always time to go back to school and learn some things.......there is no shame in picking up a course, or even going to a seminar which deals with the constitution, but where you are getting these wild ideas......it is like watching Art Linkletter talk with kids.......Dreams says the darndest things........and I am probably the only one who is being amused.......the rest of the forums probably equates this with fingernails on a blackboard.

What I see is self-described sadistic behavior on your part, Seaoat. I don't find it amusing, nor do I appreciate your "legally blond" remarks, which smack of chauvinism. How does your wife stand you?

2seaoat

What I see is self-described sadistic behavior on your part, Seaoat. I don't find it amusing, nor do I appreciate your "legally blond" remarks, which smack of chauvinism. How does your wife stand you?

Smack of chauvinism........really. We are talking about Reese Witherspoon and her famous staring role was legally blonde, and we have Dreams pretending that she understands rudimentary principles which deal with how our legal system works, and she posts utter nonsense repeatedly, and you think I am smacking of chauvinism........if chauvinism is a battle against ignorance I plead guilty, if I am here to "amuse" you........well what I have being doing is hardly amusing because it requires tenacity to extinguish misinformation and ignorance, however as to the sadistic part......complete agreement......I actually enjoy taking Chrissy's bully and exposing her for what she is not............a person who takes bits and pieces of information and attacks Chrissy and calls her names when she does not even have a cursory understanding of the subject matter.......guilty.

Sal

Sal

More like misogyny.

othershoe1030 wrote:While few are defending the Internal Revenue Service for targeting some 300 conservative groups, there are two critical pieces of context missing from the conventional wisdom on the “scandal.” First, at least from what we know so far, the groups were not targeted in a political vendetta — but rather were executing a makeshift enforcement test (an ugly one, mind you) for IRS employees tasked with separating political groups not allowed to claim tax-exempt status, from bona fide social welfare organizations. Employees are given almost zero official guidance on how to do that, so they went after Tea Party groups because those seemed like they might be political. Keep in mind, the commissioner of the IRS at the time was a Bush appointee.

I just finished reading that piece and was about to start a new thread.

None of the CLSTFKRS on this forum cared even a whit about the IRS when it was doing it's real job and harassing lib'ruls.

Oh, the humanity.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:What I see is self-described sadistic behavior on your part, Seaoat. I don't find it amusing, nor do I appreciate your "legally blond" remarks, which smack of chauvinism. How does your wife stand you?

Smack of chauvinism........really. We are talking about Reese Witherspoon and her famous staring role was legally blonde, and we have Dreams pretending that she understands rudimentary principles which deal with how our legal system works, and she posts utter nonsense repeatedly, and you think I am smacking of chauvinism........if chauvinism is a battle against ignorance I plead guilty, if I am here to "amuse" you........well what I have being doing is hardly amusing because it requires tenacity to extinguish misinformation and ignorance, however as to the sadistic part......complete agreement......I actually enjoy taking Chrissy's bully and exposing her for what she is not............a person who takes bits and pieces of information and attacks Chrissy and calls her names when she does not even have a cursory understanding of the subject matter.......guilty.

You are using the blond thingy as a cudgel to attack her credibility. You do something along those lines every time someone disagrees with you, but in this case, you've gone too far. Chrissy is not on my good side either, for very valid reasons...like calling me unAmerican...for of all things, saying the American Dream is dead. I think you'll find that Dreams has a much firmer grasp on things than her "victim".

NaNook

NaNook

Red Kneckerson wrote:

None of the CLSTFKRS on this forum cared even a whit about the IRS when it was doing it's real job and harassing lib'ruls.

Oh, the humanity.

Someone in the IRS had the presence of mind to copy and keep letters from Democratic Senators. They requested investigations into tax-exempt conservative groups. The Democratic Senators issued a threat, either investigate or appear before a Senate Hearing. It's going to get interesting........

NaNook wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

Oh, the humanity.

Someone in the IRS had the presence of mind to copy and keep letters from Democratic Senators. They requested investigations into tax-exempt conservative groups. The Democratic Senators issued a threat, either investigate or appear before a Senate Hearing. It's going to get interesting........

Perfect material for the mental masturbators.

Keep us informed, K...?

Oh hell, let's just go ahead and play the race card. Considering that you openly embraced your self avowed racism, does that have any bearing on your opinion about all of this...?

2seaoat

I think you'll find that Dreams has a much firmer grasp on things than her "victim".

Actually Chrissy was right and Dreams was not right on the violation. The Premise of the movie legally blonde is how some people attempt to pretend.....it most certainly is the perfect shoe for Dreams......She told me that she has no problem with me playing hardball with her.........now if everybody thinks I am being a bully, I will pull back, and have done that when it was clear I was hurtful to someone, but she likes hardball and laughs off that anything is say matters, so I am going to agree with her when she posts something intelligent and I am going to call her out when she makes a mistake and tries to tell people something foolish. I love it when people slam me.....so if you want to whack me and if I persist in being a fool........take me down.

2seaoat wrote: I think you'll find that Dreams has a much firmer grasp on things than her "victim".

Actually Chrissy was right and Dreams was not right on the violation. The Premise of the movie legally blonde is how some people attempt to pretend.....it most certainly is the perfect shoe for Dreams......She told me that she has no problem with me playing hardball with her.........now if everybody thinks I am being a bully, I will pull back, and have done that when it was clear I was hurtful to someone, but she likes hardball and laughs off that anything is say matters, so I am going to agree with her when she posts something intelligent and I am going to call her out when she makes a mistake and tries to tell people something foolish. I love it when people slam me.....so if you want to whack me and if I persist in being a fool........take me down.

So there little missy. Nana Nana boo boo....

Obama said on tv today that he ask for the resignation of the director. Now that director says he was leaving because his post was up in june.

but here's the thing....

the office where the dirty deeds occurred at:
Director of IRS Tax-Exempt Determinations Office is Obama Donor

By Eliana Johnson

May 15, 2013 6:57 PM

The director of the Office of Rulings and Agreements, which oversees the determinations of tax-exempt organizations, is a donor to Barack Obama. Holly Paz donated $2,000 to Obama’s 2008 campaign, according to Open Secrets, which maintains a database of individual political donations.

An inspector general’s report released yesterday concluded that the IRS improperly targeted Tea Party and other conservative groups for undue scrutiny, and Paz heads the office in which the wrongdoing is said to have occurred. National Review Online reported earlier today that agency officials are currently copying the hard drives of every employee on Paz’s watch. That data will be made available to investigators working on a second IG investigation focusing on the potential criminal activity individual agency employees.

2seaoat wrote:it's not a protected class,Seaoat and you know it.The 14th amendment protects an individuals right not a group of political parties. It is a civil remedy not an illegal act.

Dreams you simply do not understand the constitution. A protected class has a higher standard of scrutiny. A governmental agency which impacts a protected class must meet the compelling state interest test. This is a higher standard, but even if a political group is not in a protected class, the government must still meet the rational basis test for their classification system to not be in violation of the equal protection clause, and if that non protected class is discriminated and the government's classification does not meet that rational basis test, the agency will be found to be in violation of the United States Constitution under the 5th and 14th amendments and the non protected class will still have a remedy.

Now your second sentence in your post is not comprehensible. I hate to try to figure out what you are thinking, but if you are suggesting a violation of the law by the government is not illegal, you are incorrect. The court reviewing the classification will make a declaration that the classification does not meet the standard and is a violation of the law. Now in this plasma of confused concepts you are suggesting that an illegal act can only rise to the level of a criminal charge, you are simply incorrect in your terms. No one is suggesting that the rational basis theory when applied to the equal protection clause results in criminal charges. It does not. However, the AG office should in fact be reviewing these decisions to see if any criminal conduct was involved. I am not suggesting there was, but an independent review by the AG is necessary.

I think you owe Chrissy an apology. She may not have been entirely articulate in how the standards are applied which she even admitted, but her conclusion was dead cinch correct.

Seaoat, show me where discrimination against a political party is an illegal act. You know what an illegal act is. And yes, I was talking about a criminal act in that sense. People can sue for civil remedies as I 've said but we're talking about two different fruits here. It's not an illegal act under criminal acts and that's what Chrissy was talking about. She has no knowledge of equal protection clauses and making standards. What you do is nit pick every statement in your efforts to appear superior. You have an agenda is it's not about your concern for bullying. That's clear. I'm not apologizing to Chrissy for anything nor do you have any right to ask anyone to apologize. Who in the hell do you think you are?

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:What I see is self-described sadistic behavior on your part, Seaoat. I don't find it amusing, nor do I appreciate your "legally blond" remarks, which smack of chauvinism. How does your wife stand you?

You are using the blond thingy as a cudgel to attack her credibility. You do something along those lines every time someone disagrees with you, but in this case, you've gone too far. Chrissy is not on my good side either, for very valid reasons...like calling me unAmerican...for of all things, saying the American Dream is dead. I think you'll find that Dreams has a much firmer grasp on things than her "victim".

Thank you FT. Seaoat has done a far better job of coming off as an imperious jerk than I could have ever made him out to be. He needs to keep up the good work.

Floridatexan wrote:

Mr. Markle and Seaoat agree on one universal truth........... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMGsJDgtNcdsu1omzoahdB-oWTeShnrlY5ZsZ320XOL6HrXgpj

Dreams is wrong and has no credibility with me darlin', and yes that means I agree with Seaoat, and yes she's legally blonde like he suggests (even though I haven't watched that particular movie).

Seaoat doesn't call me any names when he disagrees with me... At least not that I've noticed. I wonder why? scratch

I agree that Dreams has as firm a grasp of reality as you do if that will make you feel better. Unfortunately for you darlin' that isn't meant as a compliment.

Now you can pick on me also because...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGzJVKtW6g

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum