Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PBulldog2 wrote:
Now Ghost, you do have a point here. If anyone would know the particulars of that situation, it would be Peter Bethune. However, after seeing the remains of the Ady Gil after it was struck by the Japanese ship, I have to wonder if Bethune was engaging in some wishful thinking.

I don't disagree that Watson is well-known for doing whatever it takes to publicize the cause. He is the first to admit that. In that regard, I can appreciate his self-honesty, even though some may not approve of his character. From all I have read, Watson knows himself pretty well, and those who interact with him had best know him, too, before they choose to hook up with him. I mean, if I can recognize that truth from my armchair, it seems that Peter Bethune and his crew would know that as well.

That said, the situation with the Ady Gil was a tragedy, and so sad.

But Watson stated that the Ady Gill was cut in half by the Shonan Maru #2 and from the picture displayed it is far from being cut in half. From the picture I have seen about 2 to 3 feet were cut from the bow.So I believe Watson exaggerated a bit and Bethune knew what he was talking about.

PB, overall I agree with your concept on this, but when Watson believes it is OK to kill a human to save an animal then that is where I draw the line.

Research... Yeah, that's the ticket...

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society - Page 2 2006-010

PBulldog2 wrote:Whatever, Chrissy.

The next time you see a picture of a dolphin or whale that has been senselessly slaughtered for fun or profit, just know that there are people out there who are willing to do something to stop it. If international law had been effective, there would be no need for groups like Sea Shepherd. Once again, no country - NONE - has the balls to enforce international law where Japan is concerned.

Nobody - NOBODY - said humans should be killed instead of animals. That was your line of thinking only. Black/white, yet again.

I would really like to know what some of you naysayers propose as a solution to this international problem. You call the Sea Shepherd group lawbreakers, yet you say little or nothing about the original lawbreakers - the Japanese whalers who do their deed under the guise of research.

So, Chrissy - since you are so non-ignorant, how do you propose to solve this? Or can you even discuss this without resorting to name-calling ("bitch", "old hag", "c")?

I'm not an advocate to butting into other countries issues on the basis of animals.

I put humans far above animals.

If you are so angry about this as you seem to be. What organization have you started to go after North Korea for eating dogs?

who or what country would be next?

Your invading culture of other countries and inflicting your ideas on them.

I thought you people were against all that? But I guess when it comes to animals that draws the line with you.

personally I think there are better ways to spend my extra cash. It usually goes to HUMANS.

sorry

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy:

I didn't think you even understood what we are talking about. I was right.

What is happening is taking place in international waters. It's not taking place in a "country", as you seem to think. It does, however, involve a country, Japan, that is breaking international law.

You may want to do your homework before you go on and on next time, especially when you are positively clueless about the subject under discussion.

30Sea Shepherd Conservation Society - Page 2 Empty pb 7/22/2012, 7:22 pm

I got your email, tried emailing you a copy of the first one i sent ya,, hopefully it gets through to ya this time.

cheers.

if there are any more SSCS supporters dont be shy !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum