Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders....

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bob wrote:Well done, HMG.

I've met hallmarkgrad and spent time walking with him, damaged eagle.
And he has never said or done anything that was not golden rule around me.

But of course none of us is jesus or mohammed. We can only aspire to be perfect. Not be perfect.

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkz4djR5ktsS6SvKsCRFdr6v-ptP3x8hcHYPCVlRzFhvaePmBE

Are you suggesting that I don't follow the golden rule?

Why doesn't he speak for himself if he doesn't agree with me instead of having you defend his honor?

After all I'm a sucker for reasonable and intelligent conversation.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2QbDlvgHw8

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Are you suggesting that I don't follow the golden rule?

Why doesn't he speak for himself if he doesn't agree with me instead of having you defend his honor?

Not suggesting anything other than whenever I've been around hallmarkgrad he has always treated me the way I would want to be treated.

If I was to sit in judgement of you, I wouldn't be practicing this rule.
Because I don't want others to sit in judgement of me when I don't deserve it.

Interestingly, that's not only the golden rule, that's also covered by another rule which Jesus gave us in Matthew 7, verse 1.
But that's why I so admire the golden rule. Because I have a problem with the other rule in Matthew 7, verse 1.

"Judge not lest you be judged" is too limiting to suit me. That would prevent a judge from sitting in judgement of tamerlan. It would prevent the Nuremberg Trials from sitting in judgement of the nazis.

The golden rule is sufficient for me. It tells us that it's okay to sit in judgement of others as long as we're doing it in a way we would want for ourselves. And as I've already said in another post, if I blow people's legs off I expect to be judged for it.

Bob wrote:
Not suggesting anything other than whenever I've been around hallmarkgrad he has always treated me the way I would want to be treated.

If I was to sit in judgement of you, I wouldn't be practicing this rule.
Because I don't want others to sit in judgement of me when I don't deserve it.

Interestingly, that's not only the golden rule, that's also covered by another rule which Jesus gave us in Matthew 7, verse 1.
But that's why I so admire the golden rule. Because I have a problem with the other rule in Matthew 7, verse 1.

"Judge not lest you be judged" is too limiting to suit me. That would prevent a judge from sitting in judgement of tamerlan. It would prevent the Nuremberg Trials from sitting in judgement of the nazis.

The golden rule is sufficient for me. It tells us that it's okay to sit in judgement of others as long as we're doing it in a way we would want for ourselves. And as I've already said in another post, if I blow people's legs off I expect to be judged for it.

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkz4djR5ktsS6SvKsCRFdr6v-ptP3x8hcHYPCVlRzFhvaePmBE

That's nice Bob... I'm glad he has at least one friend.

As for the rest that's nice too... If I considered myself Christian it might make a difference. It does sound like you're attempting to sit in judgement of me even though you haven't said so outright... As far as I can tell I haven't blown anyone's legs off around here...

...Are you attempting to tell me that I'm being extremely abusive to your little friend/(s) or something?...

...If so is it more abusive than the abuse they direct towards me?

As I said I'm a sucker for reasonable and intelligent conversation... and I'm not in the habit of following people around the forums calling them POS's, trolls, etc... like some people around here. Where are you and your white knight act when other members of the forum are doing that?... Or do you only pull out the shining armor in defense of the realm when it's someone you favor or has given you favors?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2QbDlvgHw8

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

eagle, with the last few posts you've put so many words in my mouth that I'm gagging on them.
I said only what I said. I didn't say all this stuff you interpreted what I said to mean.
I'm not sitting in judgement on you. I don't think you've blown anyone's legs off. I'm not saying you're "abusive to my little friends". Or to my big friends either. I'm not saying you follow people around the forum and call them pieces of shit and trolls. And I don't pull out shining pieces of armor.

BUT, I am a little flumoxed by some of those music videos though. lol

Bob wrote:eagle, with the last few posts you've put so many words in my mouth that I'm gagging on them.
I said only what I said. I didn't say all this stuff you interpreted what I said to mean.
I'm not sitting in judgement on you. I don't think you've blown anyone's legs off. I'm not saying you're "abusive to my little friends". Or to my big friends either. I'm not saying you follow people around the forum and call them pieces of shit and trolls. And I don't pull out shining pieces of armor.

BUT, I am a little flumoxed by some of those music videos though. lol

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ78EdQo66za5-guxdtZuOjv0RJt5RbfExdA-C9llgZbjMdPxWX

That's nice..... Then let Hallmarkgrad speak for himself without you attempting to run interference for him.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmHNfWRw-qg

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll do it on one condition. If you'll send me down a couple of good Iowa steaks on dry ice. Do you have any beef cattle up there?

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4VB0jSf8rsrSL4lXS40cbrL2fuKpUDN4D9KOx7HX7F5k26L8q

So what you're saying is that he needs a skirt(?) to hide behind.

What beef? It's more cost effective, at this time, to just raise corn.

Tell ya what... If I ever do come down your way I'll let you know and I'll buy ya a nice steak dinner if that's what you want.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWlcGwXlIKg

Very Happy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm always glad to have my dinner bought for me. We'll get the New York Strip from McGuires Irish Pub with the merlot mushroom sauce on it. And a James Bond martini with Kina Lillet vermouth (shaken not stirred of course).

I can not read what nice things Mr Eagle is saying about me but I would like to join you if you are going to McGuires Irish Pub. Of course I would rather go to Stooderville or Jacksons but Mcguires will be ok.
The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 10717737-large

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He said he's coming down for a visit and wants to buy you and me a steak dinner at McGuires.

Wow!! Thats nice. Is he going to bring his sister?

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:I can not read what nice things Mr Eagle is saying about me but I would like to join you if you are going to McGuires Irish Pub. Of course I would rather go to Stooderville or Jacksons but Mcguires will be ok.

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnCIxq0p-z7QkajZrtoX0jd_z9r9yhnDMIAjWt_uLg-OTmnHVRdg

Of course you can't read this Waldo.

How's that open-mindedness coming along as you hide behind those 'ignore others' skirts?

Perhaps you'd better stay after school and catch up on your lessons.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4GZFbCqx18

Laughing

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/25/2013, 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Bob wrote:He said he's coming down for a visit and wants to buy you and me a steak dinner at McGuires.

I have no problem meeting with you Bob... Even though you are a butt-head at times. Razz

You can leave your boy-friend at home though since I have no desire to meet such a close-minded individual.

You can take him some sausage and mountain oysters home to nibble on that evening if you're not going to feed him prior to our dinner arrangement. Wink

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE2S4-Dss7Pk4B0RJcYQdf2Z4Z00k7LcfVQk2BkG-FByr-XxUS

If you're lucky he might even dress up for you prior to your getting home...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ88oTITMoM

Laughing

Sal

Sal

Damaged Eagle wrote:

You can leave your boy-friend at home though since I have no desire to meet such a close-minded individual.

You can take him some sausage and mountain oysters home to nibble on that evening if you're not going to feed him prior to our dinner arrangement.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Jesus ...

Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

You can take him some sausage and mountain oysters home to nibble on that evening if you're not going to feed him prior to our dinner arrangement.

Jesus ...

Not enough lead in his head....?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
And, there in lies the limitation to the Golden Rule.

It doesn't stop the cycle of violence.[/font]

Well it doesn't stop anything when it's not in practice. In that regard it's no different from any other moral or ethical concept.

But if we all really lived by the principle "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", those brothers would not have bombed the Boston Marathon. That one brother would not have allegedly murdered before that.
Hitler and Bush would not have attacked and occupied other countries.
Saddam Hussein would not have kept his countrymen in a state of tyranny. The Ayatollah would not be blaming women when they're raped. The rapist would not have raped the woman. And on and on and on. It would cover just about everything we do to hurt each other. Excepting, as I said earlier, only for acts of masochism and I honestly don't much care about that anyway.

The principle "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" doesn't have to be just flowery rhetoric. If put it into actual practice, those are in my opinion the most profound words and the most profound concept the human intellect has or ever will conceive.
Because in my opinion, it's the only moral concept I've ever been made aware of which should appeal to every human being who has ever been given life. And every society of human beings which has ever been created.
To not respect the value of that principle describes a wild animal, not a human being. We alone have the potential to live by it if we so choose.

Not to be a ditto type, but I must say this is a superb post, Bob. Well done.

Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Jesus ...

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwwYg8KG1J4vI5wzlfnMDc7_CTGHpDK212Xl5q9DafyX3aAN98Lg

Nobody was talking to you.

If you don't have anything to do maybe you and Halmarkgrad should go on a date with your sisters since you two seem so infatuated about the idea. The two of you can get those deep hidden Freudian infatuations out of your subconscious and into the open to examine.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovQmxEunack

Smile

Raylan Givins wrote:
Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Jesus ...

Not enough lead in his head....?

The bombings may not have been Tsarnaev's first murders.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYmvng3Nrf5mwfzbl3AS0TZNcif0OoP1ldhL8yOtnKUZ1u00ro

That's because it's all being drawn into that black hole you call your ass.

If you didn't always dine at the all-you-can-eat buffets and worked some of that mass off it might help.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlctXgILld4

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum