Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun Bill killed in Senate.......90% of Americans supported this background bill

+5
Markle
Sal
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote:This is the surface of the iceberg......it is the 400lb gorilla in the room. The decline of America is directly tied to our legislators being bought and paid for........gun merchants put ads out that this bill would register guns.....just the opposite, this bill would not allow registration(I think this is boneheaded).

So how do we get rid of subsidies for the very wealthy? How do we get rid of farm subsidies for multi billion dollar corporations who pay no taxes? How do trade associations burn food and call it energy conservation......and get a subsidy on top of it? How do we close a local base when it is best for the country, yet the local politicians twist arms? How do large arm producers get their weapon system approved.......merit.....or direct or indirect payoffs?

WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

Gun Bill killed in Senate.......90% of Americans supported this background bill - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpdGNVpMQRnJDCkybuyV2oh0k48GqBY4uYk4Lrq7jROxO21eRT

Wow!!!!! Are you also going to include lobbyists for the African-Americans, Hispanics, gay-rights, health-care, education, law enforcement, environmental protection, etc...?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yhq1EwO5E

Smile

othershoe1030 wrote:Well, I agree that it is a disgrace. The vote makes a mockery of democracy on so many levels.

Gun Bill killed in Senate.......90% of Americans supported this background bill - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMvXfxO3B_g4qH_WaYQDY4vKMbNjQLeXezPp2KMB3JpLkraSwRSw

Only in your mind.

I'm perfectly willing to get rid of ALL of the special interest groups/lobbyists and take away any tax dollars going to them. Let them all run on charitable donations and give their help directly to the groups they represent.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9JEPeeohYs

Laughing

2seaoat wrote:Feel good to have background checks............geez. Do you not do a background check about some of the factors which makes an offer legitimate when you are representing a person selling a house. Do you at least get their name, and maybe render the transaction to paper.........Do you think that is asking too much or do you just shake the buyers hand and say....hey I will see you at the closing....you know.....whenever you want to bring some money to us...........insanity to actually fight this positive and important first step.

PK.....your second amendment rights are not taken by restrictions on gun ownership......talk to Judge Scalia to get an explanation.......his opinion matters.....ours do not.

Gun Bill killed in Senate.......90% of Americans supported this background bill - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLZXp96iybxfJB6N76W4i02rFAT1AhLphpH9eDpo_CqozpzVUfKg

Is the perspective buyer of a house checked for mental instability?

Is the perspective buyer of the house planning to drop the house on someones head or something?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4

Laughing

boards of FL

boards of FL

gulfbeachbandit wrote:Why don't they just make it illegal to shoot someone.

Honestly, though, why is it illegal to shoot someone? Criminals just kill people anyways. Not being able to kill people only affects honest, law abiding citizens. This is BS, right?

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:

Honestly, though, why is it illegal to shoot someone? Criminals just kill people anyways. Not being able to kill people only affects honest, law abiding citizens. This is BS, right?

Only assailants shoot people, law abiding citizens do not.

The law against shooting people is ineffective.

Ergo, there should be no laws against shooting people.

This is fun.

boards of FL wrote:

Gun Bill killed in Senate.......90% of Americans supported this background bill - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQys1fzlXqWXG8CK9cY-DOX6ky3AN7ZFP5CK-6tGOYQ_c4KDDpQ2g

I see...

...So now you want to eliminate laws that deal with homicide and the like.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHQMvhcj0EI

Razz

How hard is it to understand that you may not harm someone? You may not do it monetarily or physically... are we in agreement so far? The bad news is that there are bad people... not many really... but enough to be a concern. The thing I want to know is why you would limit yourself and the vast majority of society with any measure that the problem people would ignore?

I mostly get the background check... but I would rather handle like getting your fishing liscense... and I have no prob w tracking gun powder or whatever the tagg stuff was or shell casings... that is only useful in investigating crime.

I wish y'all would actually look at what you're trying to solve and point at it... a gun is just a tool.

PkrBum wrote:How hard is it to understand that you may not harm someone? You may not do it monetarily or physically... are we in agreement so far? The bad news is that there are bad people... not many really... but enough to be a concern. The thing I want to know is why you would limit yourself and the vast majority of society with any measure that the problem people would ignore?

I mostly get the background check... but I would rather handle like getting your fishing liscense... and I have no prob w tracking gun powder or whatever the tagg stuff was or shell casings... that is only useful in investigating crime.

I wish y'all would actually look at what you're trying to solve and point at it... a gun is just a tool.

Gun Bill killed in Senate.......90% of Americans supported this background bill - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOoN_6TlINlsl6osoa6s6emKCHrhOgISUid_g9eCDnN4G3ne9u

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmtaFq0kvQ

Smile

PkrBum wrote:How hard is it to understand that you may not harm someone? You may not do it monetarily or physically... are we in agreement so far? The bad news is that there are bad people... not many really... but enough to be a concern. The thing I want to know is why you would limit yourself and the vast majority of society with any measure that the problem people would ignore?

You just conceded/agreed with two provisions the NRA fights tooth and nail, bribed and failed. As in shot down. Killed. DOA.

A troll is just a tool with a tiny gun.

Perhaps you should look at it the way unions do concessions. It's not rocket surgery where this is headed.

If you really want collective fixes there is really just one solution.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:How can that be?

Gun violence and the presence of gangs and drugs is the correlation which explains gun deaths.....not incomplete gun safety laws.......Gary Indiana is 15 minutes from Chicago's South side.....what does Chicago's gun laws have to do when a person who can get a firearm without a problem 15 minutes away.

I feel pretty confident that biometric triggers alone could greatly reduce gun deaths, but I believe that comprehensive laws are necessary. Again, registration, dynamic foid cards, chipped weapons, biometric triggers, and control modules in vehicles..........without a bit of hesitiation......these measures would have made it more difficult for the Sandy Hook or other events to have happened........but the question is not specifically stopping one event, rather statistically reducing gun deaths........and yes, this background check was an important first step up the stairway to gun safety.

NOTHING whatsoever you suggest would reduce gun violence. It would make guns more expensive and make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to own. Way to go!

Your suggestions would only work if all guns in America, and vehicles I guess, were retro-fitted.

How many criminals buy guns where there are background checks?

As you well know, in Florida we have lowered gun crimes through the 10-20-life law. You see, that law punishes CRIMINALS! How unique!

President Barack Hussein Obama is furious! He wanted this to fail in the House of Representatives so he could blame Republicans. Now he will probably tromp on the Constitution and write an executive order.

Gun Bill killed in Senate.......90% of Americans supported this background bill - Page 2 Obama-tyrant

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum