Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gold Tumbles Again: Is the Era of Gold Over?

+4
Margin Call
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Margin Call

Margin Call

2seaoat wrote:Au sure wish I sold my class ring.....might be able to buy a big mac next week.....

Yep. You'd be Lauvin' it.

2seaoat

15 yard penalty auxcessive celebration....we are being a bit insensitive to folks with positions in gold.......

2seaoat

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-04-15/gold-futures-in-tokyo-sink-most-in-18-months-on-spot-price-yen

more bad news.......no bottom floor on this elevator....no brakes.

2seaoat

When the illegitimate illiterati try to tank the gold market, they do so to STOP its growth to protect their worthless fiat currency, which is so inflated and based on nothing, IT is sinking. They give the strongest reason to BUY PRECIOUS METALS NOW, especially since we're getting closer to the giant dollar dump ahead, which will make paper meaningless and gold shoot into the stratosphere.

a comment on one of the articles reporting the continued drop in gold.....do you sense some folks were sold a bill of goods......now have been suckered.

Au, how cute you guys finally found a reason in your life to use a element symbol LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Cu

2seaoat

Folks have been peddling lies to make gold viable for those who share a paranoid vision of our world. Honestly, as gold was crashing the past four days, you see a terrorist act which raises the question of stability.........instability and uncertainty feed the demand for gold.........could a terrorist act be a financial act? Will gold quit its dive because of this bombing?

Margin Call

Margin Call

2seaoat wrote:Folks have been peddling lies to make gold viable for those who share a paranoid vision of our world. Honestly, as gold was crashing the past four days, you see a terrorist act which raises the question of stability.........instability and uncertainty feed the demand for gold.........could a terrorist act be a financial act? Will gold quit its dive because of this bombing?

Gold is too small to have too big a role in a world drowning in fiat.

Margin Call wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Folks have been peddling lies to make gold viable for those who share a paranoid vision of our world. Honestly, as gold was crashing the past four days, you see a terrorist act which raises the question of stability.........instability and uncertainty feed the demand for gold.........could a terrorist act be a financial act? Will gold quit its dive because of this bombing?

Gold is too small to have too big a role in a world drowning in fiat.

Told you William DeVane sold his gold collection...have they pulled those commercials yet about gold?....

2seaoat

Anybody who did some buying before this big drop is probably in some pain,” Donald Selkin, who helps manage about $3 billion of assets as chief market strategist at National Securities Corp. in New York, told Bloomberg News. “The perception is that gold is not really needed as a safe haven. People are looking at the stock market, and they’re stunned, and there’s no inflation. So people are saying, ‘What do we need gold for?’”

So people are saying, ‘What do we need gold for?’” I need some new bathroom fixtures..
Gold Tumbles Again: Is the Era of Gold Over? - Page 2 Altmans-caribe-satin-gold-bathroom-faucet

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I'd like to buy 10,000 dollars more BUT nobody has any for sale.......I guess the law of supply and demand has been suspended.

2seaoat wrote:Anybody who did some buying before this big drop is probably in some pain,” Donald Selkin, who helps manage about $3 billion of assets as chief market strategist at National Securities Corp. in New York, told Bloomberg News. “The perception is that gold is not really needed as a safe haven. People are looking at the stock market, and they’re stunned, and there’s no inflation. So people are saying, ‘What do we need gold for?’”

The smartest people in the world would be hoarding their properties with actual useful assets right now. can you imagine what a truck load of bullets bought 3 years ago would cost today? A truck load of copper, a truck load of vodka even. The real assets wont be in paper or holders. it will be in hoarders and those people better have guns.

the stock market is a fake part of our monetary system. it may last, and it may bump and grind, because that's how they steal peoples money. That's exactly how they spread the wealth. and if you don't know this by now. Im sorry.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I'd like to buy 10,000 dollars more BUT nobody has any for sale.......I guess the law of supply and demand has been suspended.

If nobody has any gold to sell then that's really odd being the gold dealers sure are still spending a helluva lot of money buying commercial time on Beck, Jones, Savage, Hannity and most of the others trying to get people to still buy gold from them.

Plus, in order for the price to go down (or up) there have to be transactions being made (which of course applies to everything). If nobody has been selling the gold then the price would not have gone down, it would have remained the same (or increased). That's just how it works.

What about this outfit for buying...

http://www.bullionvault.com/

Margin Call

Margin Call

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I'd like to buy 10,000 dollars more BUT nobody has any for sale.......I guess the law of supply and demand has been suspended.

You just aren't willing to pay market price. You point out some flaw with paper gold then complain when the physical price diverges. Pay up, sucka.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Margin Call wrote:

You just aren't willing to pay market price. You point out some flaw with paper gold then complain when the physical price diverges. Pay up, sucka.

Of course I don't want to pay market price. I guess no use getting greedy....yeah and it proves that paper is losing traction.....real gold will be back by popular demand soon enough.

2seaoat

real gold will be back by popular demand soon enough.

another bomb?

Margin Call

Margin Call

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Of course I don't want to pay market price. I guess no use getting greedy....yeah and it proves that paper is losing traction.....real gold will be back by popular demand soon enough.

Neither will anyone else if we see the apocalypse.

For the Nth time: Apple vs. gold

Gold Tumbles Again: Is the Era of Gold Over? - Page 2 Z?s=GLD&t=my&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=AAPL&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US

What say ye about paper Apple?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hard to compete with an Iphone. I tried making a call on a Gold Eagle the other day ...didn't work so well. If I was starving on an island I would want a sandwich not a gold maple. Everyone (VOLUME) can appreciate the usefulness of an Iphone relatively few see much use in gold.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 4/16/2013, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:So people are saying, ‘What do we need gold for?’” I need some new bathroom fixtures..
Gold Tumbles Again: Is the Era of Gold Over? - Page 2 Altmans-caribe-satin-gold-bathroom-faucet

I remember when I was a kid that everybody talked about "the $100,000 house" which was on Blackshear Ave on the bayou (Texar). And we knew it as being two things. One the $100,000 value. And two, that it had gold plated faucets in it.
We all oohed and aahed big time over that house. It's still there by the way but I have no idea of what it's current value is supposed to be.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here it is. The "$100,000 house" with the gold plated faucets built for that amount in 1963. I think I remember that not only did it have the gold faucets but also had "mink lined" something or other.

Gold Tumbles Again: Is the Era of Gold Over? - Page 2 House11

2004 Blackshear Avenue...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3004-Blackshear-Ave-Pensacola-FL-32503/44721792_zpid/

2seaoat

History has shown that once gold enters a bear market (20 percent off high), it keeps going lower by another 14 percent on average, according to data going back to 1975 crunched by Bespoke Investment Group. That would put the metal well below $1,300.

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:
The smartest people in the world would be hoarding their properties with actual useful assets right now. can you imagine what a truck load of bullets bought 3 years ago would cost today? a truck load of vodka even.

I've a feeling you've got a pretty good handle on the truck load of vodka.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:History has shown that once gold enters a bear market (20 percent off high), it keeps going lower by another 14 percent on average, according to data going back to 1975 crunched by Bespoke Investment Group. That would put the metal well below $1,300.
THAT STILL MAKES ME UP BY 3 to 4 x ON 70% MY ORIGINAL INVESTMENT ON AVERAGE ...DON'T CRY FOR ME...Besides I don't really hold gold as an investment...it's for TEOTWAWKI.

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
The smartest people in the world would be hoarding their properties with actual useful assets right now. can you imagine what a truck load of bullets bought 3 years ago would cost today? a truck load of vodka even.

I've a feeling you've got a pretty good handle on the truck load of vodka.

Like I give a shit what you think. you only think what youre told to. I can read your thoughts on the msm at any given time.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wasn't worried for a second...

1469.20 up +36.70

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum