Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare architect- Law is beyond comprehension

+3
Markle
knothead
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was referring to the man who created the health care plan in Mass. after which the ACA was modeled. Here's a short interview with him. Some of the questions are out of date because the interview was given before the Supreme Court ruled on the Constitutionality of the individual mandate. Let's not forget where this plan was first put into play and who did that...Romney, and when he was governor he was proud of it too.

3. What are the major differences between Romney’s and Obama’s plans?
They are the same bleeping bill! More seriously, the core of the ACA [Affordable Care Act] is exactly the same as what we did here in Massachusetts, which I like to call a “three-legged stool”: end discrimination in insurance markets, mandate insurance coverage, and subsidize that coverage for the poor. The federal law is then more ambitious because, unlike in Mass., it takes on cost control.

6. Why is health care so expensive in the U.S.? Does illegal immigration cause this?
Illegal immigration has very little to do with it—most illegal immigrants use little health care. It is so expensive because (a) we pay higher prices for medical goods and services than the rest of the world, and (b) we treat patients much too intensively, wasting spending that doesn’t improve health.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/29/10-obamacare-questions-answered-by-mit-economist-jonathan-gruber.html

RoMnEy isn't POTUS and he never intended to have this type of system nationwide as Obama and Pelosi shoved down everyone's throats.

I was bringing the fact of the true designer of the ACA back into the conversation because the headline of your thread was taken from an article that incorrectly claimed Rockefeller was the chief architect and he was not. It was an attempt on my part to not let history get rewritten. It doesn't matter what Romney intended or didn't intend, Gruber was the main author of the plan, the one in Mass. and the national one.

you cant call people who done what ever designers of this bill, romneys plan was a state plan, here states ran the system and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking much shorter and had NONE of the other federal liberties obamacare does.

but try and turn the shit away from your party as usual, it must be email that went out to yall lol, blame blame were going down in flames LOLOLOLOLOL

the left wrote this monster, this is nothing like any other bill your just too fucking stupid to know that. don't blame this on any republicans, its all yours.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was referring to the man who created the health care plan in Mass. after which the ACA was modeled. Here's a short interview with him. Some of the questions are out of date because the interview was given before the Supreme Court ruled on the Constitutionality of the individual mandate. Let's not forget where this plan was first put into play and who did that...Romney, and when he was governor he was proud of it too.

They are the same bleeping bill! More seriously, the core of the ACA [Affordable Care Act] is exactly the same as what we did here in Massachusetts, which I like to call a “three-legged stool”: end discrimination in insurance markets, mandate insurance coverage, and subsidize that coverage for the poor. The federal law is then more ambitious because, unlike in Mass., it takes on cost control.

6. Why is health care so expensive in the U.S.? Does illegal immigration cause this?
Illegal immigration has very little to do with it—most illegal immigrants use little health care. It is so expensive because (a) we pay higher prices for medical goods and services than the rest of the world, and (b) we treat patients much too intensively, wasting spending that doesn’t improve health.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/29/10-obamacare-questions-answered-by-mit-economist-jonathan-gruber.html

RoMnEy isn't POTUS and he never intended to have this type of system nationwide as Obama and Pelosi shoved down everyone's throats.

I was bringing the fact of the true designer of the ACA back into the conversation because the headline of your thread was taken from an article that incorrectly claimed Rockefeller was the chief architect and he was not. It was an attempt on my part to not let history get rewritten. It doesn't matter what Romney intended or didn't intend, Gruber was the main author of the plan, the one in Mass. and the national one.

you cant call people who done what ever designers of this bill, romneys plan was a state plan, here states ran the system and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking much shorter and had NONE of the other federal liberties obamacare does.

but try and turn the shit away from your party as usual, it must be email that went out to yall lol, blame blame were going down in flames LOLOLOLOLOL

the left wrote this monster, this is nothing like any other bill your just too fucking stupid to know that. don't blame this on any republicans, its all yours.

It is so much better than the old status quo I can't believe it. I am so glad it passed. You know it is the best thing ever!

othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

It is so much better than the old status quo I can't believe it. I am so glad it passed. You know it is the best thing ever!

No it is NOT. its like sticking a cherry bomb in the toilet to fix the plumbing.

but trying to explain it to people who don't know what they are talking about is futile. Youll just have to wait till you get your piece of this cake. and one things for certain, everyone will be getting a piece of this shit cake, I just wish I could see the looks on your face when you want to spit it out. because ive already seen the looks on many peoples faces who was for it and now got part of it and their face was a site to see. LOL it was and is the traditional OH CRAP! look lololololololololol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pfTh6vIQBVg

It's too bad that those who accept these utilitarian solutions will not feel the ultimate consequences.

PkrBum wrote:It's too bad that those who accept these utilitarian solutions will not feel the ultimate consequences.

Well I kind of think everyone under 65 will feel the consequences, maybe not in 2014 but within the next 4 years.

I donno... I think obamacare is designed to fail... and most leftists really want a fully socialized single provider.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:I donno... I think obamacare is designed to fail... and most leftists really want a fully socialized single provider.

I think it will have to be changed along the way because we couldn't get it set up the way we wanted. I agree, single payer is the only thing that makes sense but it was too big a change to make all at once. Too many people making money in the insurance and health care industries. The pharmaceutical companies didn't want to give up charging Americans more for the same medication than they charge in other countries. Who would want to give that up?

VectorMan

VectorMan

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I donno... I think obamacare is designed to fail... and most leftists really want a fully socialized single provider.

I think it will have to be changed along the way because we couldn't get it set up the way we wanted. I agree, single payer is the only thing that makes sense but it was too big a change to make all at once. Too many people making money in the insurance and health care industries. The pharmaceutical companies didn't want to give up charging Americans more for the same medication than they charge in other countries. Who would want to give that up?

That's a problem to me. Why wasn't it set up the way you wanted? Why did Pelosi say it had to be passed to find out what is in it? That's a serious problem in my book. Makes her sound like a complete moron. You'd think she wouldn't want people to think that about her. Oh well, it may have already been too late for that. LOL

Single payer is the only thing that makes sense? Be careful what you wish for. Unless you're old and don't care about the health care of future Americans. Carry on and lean forward.

Edit: Just noticed your age under your avatar. You're no spring chicken. I guess you get grandfathered-in.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

VectorMan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

That's a problem to me. Why wasn't it set up the way you wanted? Why did Pelosi say it had to be passed to find out what is in it? That's a serious problem in my book. Makes her sound like a complete moron. You'd think she wouldn't want people to think that about her. Oh well, it may have already been too late for that. LOL

Single payer is the only thing that makes sense? Be careful what you wish for. Unless you're old and don't care about the health care of future Americans. Carry on and lean forward.

Edit: Just noticed your age under your avatar. You're no spring chicken. I guess you get grandfathered-in.

The reformers couldn't get totally what they wanted because they had to compromise to get it passed. This is the way it works. Not surprisingly there was opposition to changing the system!

Why would anyone be in favor of keeping a system that costs, or did cost twice as much as any other developed country's health care system yet had much poorer outcomes?

A person would think that conservatives who say they are in favor of cost effective methods for everything would be in favor of fixing a broken unsustainable system. But, is there any chance that their universal opposition to the ACA had anything to do with love of corporate profits for those in the top tiers of the industry and their lobbyists urgings to maintain the status quo in that regard? At least I'll give them this: in their book, making a short term profit takes precedents over everything else, national security, preservation of the environment, reform of the judicial/prison/for profit system, etc. I think it is true, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Yup, you nailed it. I'm the leftist/downdist poster here, and I fully support single payer.

I may be a libertarian/anarchist when it comes to most issues, but by gosh, if I have to pay taxes then I want my taxes to pay for something other than war and corporate bailouts, dammit.

President Obama caved when he agreed to the ACA, but like OS wrote, I suppose some change is better than no change at all. Like you wrote, PKR, I, too have come to the conclusion that Obamacare is designed to fail. I don't think that's a bad thing, because the next step will be single payer.

I'm just wondering who you think Obama caved to or compromised with? No pubs supported obamacare and none voted for it. The dems that held out were bribed to gain the required votes to pass the bill. OS was just complaining about rewriting history... but usually it requires a longer period of time to allow people to forget the actual events. Lol... it's disingenuous at best to credit or blame the right for any part of the aca today... try again in a decade or two.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:I'm just wondering who you think Obama caved to or compromised with? No pubs supported obamacare and none voted for it. The dems that held out were bribed to gain the required votes to pass the bill. OS was just complaining about rewriting history... but usually it requires a longer period of time to allow people to forget the actual events. Lol... it's disingenuous at best to credit or blame the right for any part of the aca today... try again in a decade or two.

Obama caving and basically giving away the single payer option right out of the starting gate was what infuriated liberals. Single payer with something easy for the public to understand like expanding Medicare downward by a few years every year to eventually include everyone would have been one way to reform the system. You're right to wonder who he compromised with because that's what all the liberals were yelling about too!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PBulldog2 wrote:

Yup, you nailed it. I'm the leftist/downdist poster here, and I fully support single payer.

I may be a libertarian/anarchist when it comes to most issues, but by gosh, if I have to pay taxes then I want my taxes to pay for something other than war and corporate bailouts, dammit.

President Obama caved when he agreed to the ACA, but like OS wrote, I suppose some change is better than no change at all. Like you wrote, PKR, I, too have come to the conclusion that Obamacare is designed to fail. I don't think that's a bad thing, because the next step will be single payer.

I agree completely. Let's have our taxes go toward something besides a military jobs program for defense contractors and corporate bailouts! The R's love the government when it works to their advantage, which is MOST of the time (see corporate profits charts) but when the poor get food stamps and help paying for heating fuel because the corporations down't pay full time workers enough to live on they fly off the handle as if the communists had taken over K street!

The solution to the crisis will likely be more like a morph than a socialization... no matter what's promised or reported.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2009/01/washington-lobbying-grew-to-32.html

btw... the govt for a very long time manipulated and ultimately controlled everything that's gone on in insurance and healthcare. We may as well take a candid look at where we are and where we're headed. Big govt hasn't proven itself very good at social engineering or running programs... what makes you so sure this is a good idea?

I noticed that the chronology is a bit off in the 60's... but this shows the incremental involvement. There's much more detail.

http://www.pbs.org/healthcarecrisis/history.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_insurance_in_the_United_States

A better chronology: http://healthreform.kff.org/flash/health-reform-new.html

PBulldog2 wrote:

well I guess your getting ready to retire then if you don't care that its designed to fail. because who do you think its going to hurt the most as it crumbles?

Must be great to be willing to have the destroy it all and rebuild better mentality.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:The solution to the crisis will likely be more like a morph than a socialization... no matter what's promised or reported.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2009/01/washington-lobbying-grew-to-32.html

btw... the govt for a very long time manipulated and ultimately controlled everything that's gone on in insurance and healthcare. We may as well take a candid look at where we are and where we're headed. Big govt hasn't proven itself very good at social engineering or running programs... what makes you so sure this is a good idea?
Again I agree with you. Change in the healthcare area will indeed by a morph rather than some sweeping conversion.

As to the observation that "government" has ultimately controlled insurance and healthcare, as the article from open secrets points out, there are a ton of lobbyists pushing and prodding things in directions that benefit them. This is government by the corporations not government that would ideally be looking out for the welfare of the "we the people" folks, which, sadly is a rare happening these days.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:I noticed that the chronology is a bit off in the 60's... but this shows the incremental involvement. There's much more detail.

http://www.pbs.org/healthcarecrisis/history.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_insurance_in_the_United_States

A better chronology: http://healthreform.kff.org/flash/health-reform-new.html
I looked over the last link, very interesting. So it would appear that the country has been noticing for decades that something is not quite right when it comes to our healthcare system.

Interesting how when ever something new is proposed resistance pops up to create push-back to preserve the status quo which was what the same groups had been fighting against a few years prior. Today's status quo was yesterday's new idea.

I you can take a few things away from it... certainly the govt has been influenced heavily... but the govt entries also correspond with the direction the industry pursued including rising costs. See the time frame between the advent of social security and the implementation of medicaid and medicare... that's when the prices really skyrocketed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum