Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ObamaCare in Trouble? Exchange provision delayed, as lawmakers push to repeal another

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Parts of ObamaCare are starting to fray, even before full implementation.

The Obama administration now says a special system of exchanges designed to make it easier for small businesses to provide insurance will be delayed an entire year -- to 2015.

"Lots of small businesses struggle with providing insurance for their workers so this was supposed to facilitate it and make it easier for small business to do this," said Jim Capretta of the Ethics and Public Policy Center. "It was a huge portion of the sale job. When they passed the law in 2010 there were many senators and members of Congress who were saying 'I am doing this because it's going to help small businesses.'"

The exchanges were designed to give workers a range of choices supported by dollars from their employers. But now they will have only one choice until 2015, which could mean they can't shop for insurance that includes their current providers. Capretta said the administration is "way" behind schedule.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/03/obamacare-in-trouble-exchange-provision-delayed-as-lawmakers-push-to-repeal/#ixzz2PS5ftAe4

Rolling Eyes

And that wouldn't be because the repugs refused to set up exchanges denying people needed medical acre and forcing the govt to do it,huh?

Margin Call

Margin Call

"I hate Obamacare but am going to criticize the fact that the implementation of certain portions are going to be delayed": nutty logic.

Dreamsglore wrote:And that wouldn't be because the repugs refused to set up exchanges denying people needed medical acre and forcing the govt to do it,huh?

show me where this is the fault of the repugs. I dare you.

this stupid monster bill is a disaster.

What are they going to do no when the mandate kicks in and no exchanges?

its a FAILURE! now and as more of this monster rolls in it will be a even BIGGER FAILURE then.

Margin Call wrote:"I hate Obamacare but am going to criticize the fact that the implementation of certain portions are going to be delayed": nutty logic.

like I said, now what are people going to do? read the article

Margin Call

Margin Call

Chrissy wrote:
Margin Call wrote:"I hate Obamacare but am going to criticize the fact that the implementation of certain portions are going to be delayed": nutty logic.

Bullshit. You people are here one day saying the exchanges are going to ruin employer-provided health care then the next day you criticize the absence of small biz exchanges as a detriment to employees. Get your fucking act together.

Margin Call wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Bullshit. You people are here one day saying the exchanges are going to ruin employer-provided health care then the next day you criticize the absence of small biz exchanges as a detriment to employees. Get your fucking act together.

I have NEVER said the exchanges are going to ruin damn thing. I SAID THE WHOLE GOD DAM THING IS.

now this whole damn thing is falling apart which only proves its a fucking disaster.

You know that this delay in the SHOP and only allowing a single plan for small employers was should not even be an issue. Since this was for small business where most of employee's would qualify for a subsidy if they purchased an individual plan they would have ended up without participation to even put a group plan in place. Small employer meaning under 50. Below is copied and paste from an agent involved with National Association of Health Underwriters. I think it is just being tweaked and not dismantling. All signs point to Oct 1 exchange happening.

My list of delays, repeals and early terminations include:
1099 provisions repealed
CLASS Act repealed
Discrimination Testing delayed until 2014
FBHPO BASIC plan delayed to 2015
Co-Op plans defunded
PCIP terminated early
SHOP multi-choice options delayed to 2015
Mini-meds extinction waived until 2014
Cadillac tax delayed from 2013 to 2018

I like this. My list was a list of provisions specifically created by the law, that have been formally repealed, delayed or terminated early. But as you all said, there are many other promises that have been broken. And there are promises that clearly will be broken in the near future, because they cannot functionally continue. Right now, the democratically controlled Senate garnered 79 votes (and the house will surely follow) to kill the medical device tax. The agent commission may come out of the MLR. Medicare Advantage cuts were just rolled backwards. (Oops, that is one that should go on the formal list) There are so many more that I can't remember them all. This could be looked at as "unraveling" Obamacare, or it could be looked at as tweaking it to make it work better, depending on your level of denial. I expect the weeks leading up to October 1st to be mighty entertaining.

Adding to it, two days ago Monday April 1 the white house reversed it's decision to trim 2.5% from insurers for Medicare Advantage plans and looks as though they added around 3%.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:And that wouldn't be because the repugs refused to set up exchanges denying people needed medical acre and forcing the govt to do it,huh?

its a FAILURE! now and as more of this monster rolls in it will be a even BIGGER FAILURE then.

Are you going to be ignorant enough to deny the repugs refused to implement the exchanges? Seriously? Did that never occur to you they are behind for this reason? I mean Jesus H. Christ!

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
Chrissy wrote:

Are you going to be ignorant enough to deny the repugs refused to implement the exchanges? Seriously? Did that never occur to you they are behind for this reason? I mean Jesus H. Christ![/quote

I'm not a repug but no I do not believe they had anything to do with it. HHS just could not get their shit together and issue the final rules like they should have. You have to realize there are 4 to 6 agencies involved that each one has to coordinate with each other and you know how our government works, nothing gets done.

[quote="doubtingthomas"]
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Are you going to be ignorant enough to deny the repugs refused to implement the exchanges? Seriously? Did that never occur to you they are behind for this reason? I mean Jesus H. Christ![/quote

I'm not a repug but no I do not believe they had anything to do with it. HHS just could not get their shit together and issue the final rules like they should have. You have to realize there are 4 to 6 agencies involved that each one has to coordinate with each other and you know how our government works, nothing gets done.

And why couldn't they get the final rules together? Maybe because they have to set up all these exchanges in states that refused?

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
doubtingthomas wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

And why couldn't they get the final rules together? Maybe because they have to set up all these exchanges in states that refused?

see, this is where you just don't understand what good planning is. when you push something like this on people knowing the majority don't want it, you better expect challenges to it and have your shit together. did he just think everything was going to go along as he penned it LOLOLOLOL

they don't have their shit together or know what they are doing, hence these are the types of things that happen when you cant lead, make terrible HUGE as plans.

Obama is going down in history as one of the greatest Presidents who ever lived. He changed the course of healthcare in this country which will be revered for many years to come. Just like Roosevelt did w/ social security. The people will come to know they lived during an era when humanity overruled greed.

You, just cannot comprehend. There was much more than setting up exchanges. BTW there was no setting up exchanges for the state's that did not implement them. Those states automatically default to FFE and each insurance company software in those states are set up with portals to the FFE, IRS, DOL, Homeland Security, etc. They also set a timeline for all companies to have their plans filed with them and respective DOI's by April 30th. They should have set the deadline as Feb 1. April 30th is not enough time to approve coverages and rate's for an Oct 1 rollout. Medicare Advantage plans have to be submitted long before April 30th each year for an Oct 15 AEP, in fact they have already been approved for 2014 and it's only April 4th. The law was signed on March 23, 2010, they have had 3 years to get this rolling.

The supreme court decision had nothing to do with the delay because insurance companies were told to go ahead with plans even though there may have been the chance of it being overturned. Look's like the government didn't take their own advice. The open enrollment we here will happen on Oct 1 whether they have it together or not. People who do not want to deal with insurance agents will be talking with an unlicensed and untrained navigator over the phone or internet. Which by the way will make $20-$48 an hour and be giving you the consumer wrong advice. People who don't have a computer will be at a disadvantage because they will have to fill out a very long paper application mailed to them by the navigator. You know there will be those people that just give up and will remain uninsured and pay the penalties, which btw will end up being cheaper than purchasing healthcare, but not very wise.

Oh and Obama will go down in history as first black President.

Sal

Sal

Tru dat.

The level of cognitive dissonance required to be a wingnut is truly breathtaking.

Obama is a tyrannical diabolical criminal mastermind working tirelessly to destroy America as we know it, and he's a shiftless, lazy, incompetent boob who spends too much time on the golf course.

WTF??

Sal wrote:

Tru dat.

The level of cognitive dissonance required to be a wingnut is truly breathtaking.

Obama is a tyrannical diabolical criminal mastermind working tirelessly to destroy America as we know it, and he's a shiftless, lazy, incompetent boob who spends too much time on the golf course.

WTF??

Yes, its horrible. a major selling point to small business of the obamacare falters and you just want to talk about wingnuts instead of the failure this whole thing is. I understand, I'm a wingnut after and us wingnuts knows youre all just a bunch of loose screws easily warped.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:

Tru dat.

WTF??

Yes, its horrible. a major selling point to small business of the obamacare falters and you just want to talk about wingnuts instead of the failure this whole thing is. I understand, I'm a wingnut after and us wingnuts knows youre all just a bunch of loose screws easily warped.

Except you are you ilk's talking point has been that employers are going to drop employee coverage anyway. Make up your mind, do you hate it or what?

Markle

Markle

Show me the MONEY!

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Obama is going down in history as one of the greatest Presidents who ever lived. He changed the course of healthcare in this country which will be revered for many years to come. Just like Roosevelt did w/ social security. The people will come to know they lived during an era when humanity overruled greed.

Social Security started out as a supplement and was affordable. It is now, along with Medicare and Medicare Part "D" a Ponzi Scheme.

FDR also EXTENDED the Great Depression by SEVEN YEARS, not at all unlike President Barack Hussein Obama is doing with this recession we were told was over in July 2009.

PLEASE explain to us all how passing on a $17 TRILLION, soon to be $20 TRILLION DEBT and growing fast, on to out children, their children along with a lower standard of living, inferior health care and a life without the freedoms and liberties we enjoyed up until today.

Think they're NOT going to think we were greedy, selfish and immoral? Really?

21ObamaCare in Trouble? Exchange provision delayed, as lawmakers push to repeal another Empty Challenge for Employers 4/5/2013, 11:25 am

http://www.benepath.net/2013/03/obamacare-challenge-for-employers/?goback=%2Egde_4054797_member_229256816

I didn't see in that article the fact that small employers will get tax credits to help them w/ the insurance costs. It seems like they're acting like a notification about benefits is such a big burden. Give me a break!

Dreamsglore wrote:I didn't see in that article the fact that small employers will get tax credits to help them w/ the insurance costs. It seems like they're acting like a notification about benefits is such a big burden. Give me a break!

no exchange no tax credit.

no ins for employees, tax PENALTY

and everything is about give you a break or BS. you think you know everything and you are a dumb ass who just doesn't know when to shut up. no wonder you live alone with no man to warm your bed.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I didn't see in that article the fact that small employers will get tax credits to help them w/ the insurance costs. It seems like they're acting like a notification about benefits is such a big burden. Give me a break!

and everything is about give you a break or BS. you think you know everything and you are a dumb ass who just doesn't know when to shut up. no wonder you live alone with no man to warm your bed.

That's right -no exchange- no tax credit.Why would they not join an exchange when they get the govt. to pay for it? They come out ahead and their employees get insurance. That doesn't make sense to you does it? LOL! And BTW, how would you know who I live with? Just goes to show you have a lot more deficits than not being able to write coherently.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

That's right -no exchange- no tax credit.Why would they not join an exchange when they get the govt. to pay for it? They come out ahead and their employees get insurance. That doesn't make sense to you does it? LOL! And BTW, how would you know who I live with? Just goes to show you have a lot more deficits than not being able to write coherently.

omg you're an idiot. unbelievable fucking idiot. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum