Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

wow in the peak of his youth how does this happen?

+3
Margin Call
2seaoat
Markle
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--louisville-guard-kevin-ware-suffers-gruesome-compound-fracture-during-regional-final-game-215313448.html

It hurts to look at it.

Made my wife and I very uneasy to see it happen.

I'm betting it goes viral ASAP, maybe even already.

It almost made me sick to see.

Why are they cryin?

Its one game at a time in March Madness.

Markle

Markle

Lurch wrote:Why are they cryin?

I couldn't figure that out either. He broke his leg, not his neck or back. Athletes are killed or crippled every year. One would think they'd be thankful it was his leg.

I'm sorry, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Markle wrote:

I couldn't figure that out either. He broke his leg, not his neck or back. Athletes are killed or crippled every year. One would think they'd be thankful it was his leg.

It is call camaraderie. If I had to guess, I would say that yall have never participated in a TEAM activity.

2seaoat

We forget that these are kids.....if you have never dealt with a compound fracture, do not tell me what the fuss is about....they look far worse than they usually end up........Bush who is now a running back with the Bears, had the same compound fracture and a year later he was playing football. Our doctors have made incredible breakthroughs, but when you are near someone who has had a compound fracture and you have never seen one before.....it is a big deal.....especially when this type of injury is very uncommon in basketball.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:It almost made me sick to see.

Very similar to the Theisman injury that was replayed a million times....

newswatcher wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:It almost made me sick to see.

Very similar to the Theisman injury that was replayed a million times....

Yep except that Theisman was plastered by Lawrence Taylor whereas Ware broke his by coming down hard on it. I believe that the similarities end at compound fracture.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Markle wrote:

I don't think anyone expects Markle-bot to express human emotions like sympathy and empathy. You have many of the markings of a sociopath, just not a very bright one.

Last edited by Margin Call on 4/1/2013, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

For those who are stymied at why the tears, what's the big deal and so on have most probably never had the opportunity to participate in a real 'team' experience and, in addition, have never witnessed such a catastrophic injury up close. Also, the injury occurred in the context of an extremely high profile game between two titans of collegiate athletics . . . . . . the other players on both sides collapsed in disbelief because of the horrific nature but I credit the entire stadium for applauding his exit and I am content in the belief that it was uniform for all those watching the game. He will recover in time but will be remembered forever for this tragic and bizarre incident.

In short, I get it . . . . . .

Cry Babies.. Just like tebow.. I didn't even see any blood..
I've been in more accidents than the average person and I've broken a few bones in the process.. I've had family members who were hurt just as bad.. I was concerned but I didn't cry over a broken bone.. Or a game.. Twisted Evil

knothead wrote:For those who are stymied at why the tears, what's the big deal and so on have most probably never had the opportunity to participate in a real 'team' experience and, in addition, have never witnessed such a catastrophic injury up close. Also, the injury occurred in the context of an extremely high profile game between two titans of collegiate athletics . . . . . . the other players on both sides collapsed in disbelief because of the horrific nature but I credit the entire stadium for applauding his exit and I am content in the belief that it was uniform for all those watching the game. He will recover in time but will be remembered forever for this tragic and bizarre incident.

I guess those that are wondering what all the crying is about in my opinion they have never participate in a TEAM activity and if so then it was all about them instead of the TEAM.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
knothead wrote:For those who are stymied at why the tears, what's the big deal and so on have most probably never had the opportunity to participate in a real 'team' experience and, in addition, have never witnessed such a catastrophic injury up close. Also, the injury occurred in the context of an extremely high profile game between two titans of collegiate athletics . . . . . . the other players on both sides collapsed in disbelief because of the horrific nature but I credit the entire stadium for applauding his exit and I am content in the belief that it was uniform for all those watching the game. He will recover in time but will be remembered forever for this tragic and bizarre incident.

I guess those that are wondering what all the crying is about in my opinion they have never participate in a TEAM activity and if so then it was all about them instead of the TEAM.

That's kinda weak.. My Family is more than any team could ever be..
I've seen people die from wrecks to gunshots and I never felt the need to cry about it.. I do cry at funerals tho.. Not for the one gone but their families..

Sal

Sal

Lurch wrote:Cry Babies.. Just like tebow.. I didn't even see any blood..
I've been in more accidents than the average person and I've broken a few bones in the process.. I've had family members who were hurt just as bad.. I was concerned but I didn't cry over a broken bone.. Or a game.. Twisted Evil

Well. the reports are that the tibia was poking 6 inches through the skin, so I'm guessing there was some blood.

I think it was mostly shock that caused the reaction.

These athletes are somewhat coddled, and I certainly had never seen such a severe injury on a basketball court.

It shook up my 13-year-old son.

He didn't cry, but he couldn't stop talking about it the rest of the evening.

Lurch wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

That's kinda weak.. My Family is more than any team could ever be..
I've seen people die from wrecks to gunshots and I never felt the need to cry about it.. I do cry at funerals tho.. Not for the one gone but their families..

Then I would say that you do not understand camaraderie. You got to remember that the team are these kids are family and when one hurts they all hurt. People show their sympathy/empathy is different forms. Just because a player or coach cries for a hurt teammate does not make them any less of a man than you and I. Hell even some of the Duke players were grief stricken by the enormity of Ware's injury.

If it makes you happy to call me a cry baby, then by all means. I will show my sympathy/empathy my way and I feel sorry for those that do not understand that.

knothead

knothead

I don't want to sound as though I'm piling on Mr. Lurch, whom I've always enjoyed his comments, but his dismissive attitude regarding this athlete's injury is both troubling and surprising to me. It says he has never been an athlete or if he participated in such endeavors he was not very dedicated to that commitment. We have all been witness to accidents and some horrific incidents . . . . . . that is not the point here . . . . . these young men are athlete's in every way . . . . . since childhood they have lived it and breathed it and dreamed of being 'good enough' to make a top tier team . . . . they have sacrificed much . . . . . endured unbelievable pain in training and it is these common experiences that made it so painful to see it all coming to such an end. It was heartbreaking for me because I know it was heartbreaking for him but he told his team mates to not worry about him just go out and finish this game. That is a mark of character, commitment and integrity . . . . I salute his inner strength!

Pile it on.. I've got thick skin.. I didn't cry when my bones were broken..
As Sal said his 13yr old didn't cry either.. I really do think anybody who cries over a game is a wimp and a broken bone isn't anything for a man to cry about either.. I still feel the pain when it gets cold but I'll jump on my bike and ride whenever I can.. Very Happy

Lurch wrote:Pile it on.. I've got thick skin.. I didn't cry when my bones were broken..
As Sal said his 13yr old didn't cry either.. I really do think anybody who cries over a game is a wimp and a broken bone isn't anything for a man to cry about either.. I still feel the pain when it gets cold but I'll jump on my bike and ride whenever I can.. Very Happy

I don't cry at my own broken bones either. I sustained an open compound fracture of my left arm. I did no cry but some of my teammates did. If you noticed at the game yesterday, Wade didn't cry for himself either. he just gathered the players around him and told them not to worry about him and go win the game.

As I said different people handle emotions differently, but that in no way takes away their manliness. If I am a wimp, then I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

knothead

knothead

wow in the peak of his youth how does this happen? Injury12

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:wow in the peak of his youth how does this happen? Injury12

That's fucked up, man.

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:
knothead wrote:wow in the peak of his youth how does this happen? Injury12

That's fucked up, man.

LOL, that would be an understatement Sal . . . . . . .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Could someone please tell me what caused that to happen?

Sal

Sal

Well, it turns out it was a pre-existing stress fracture.

I don't give a shit what the player says or the coach says, stress fractures come with pain.

Why wasn't this kid x-rayed and extensively evaluated?

Because Pitino doesn't give a shit about his players, he only cares about winning.

It's always been that way.

Disgusting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum