Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

He has Risen, Happy Easter!

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Yella
knothead
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 8:55 am

He has Risen, Happy Easter! Jesus-10

Depiction of the resurrection of Jesus
by Bernhard Plockhorst, 19th century

Type
Christian, cultural

Significance
Celebrates the resurrection of Jesus

2012 date
15 April (Eastern)
8 April (Western)

2013 date
5 May (Eastern)
31 March (Western)

2014 date
20 April (Eastern)
20 April (Western)

Celebrations
Church services, festive family meals, Easter egg hunts and gift-giving

Observances
Prayer, all-night vigil, sunrise service

Related to
Passover, of which it is regarded the Christian equivalent; Septuagesima, Sexagesima, Quinquagesima, Shrove Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Clean Monday, Lent, Great Lent, Palm Sunday, Holy Week, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday which lead up to Easter; and Thomas Sunday, Ascension, Pentecost, Trinity Sunday, and Corpus Christi which follow it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter

Although I will not attend a church today as I have not found a church since leaving Jacksonville and that pastor passed away anyway. I still do try and teach my children what the real reasons are for these traditional holidays, instead of just eggs. I hope you all do too, as it would be a shame to turn around decades from now will empty hollow and pointless holidays and people would be like why do we celebrate this anyway., then it is gone. I can see this happening in our society now with this and other holidays. soon I expect that one day the only day to celebrate is new year. That will be a sad time.

Happy Easter all Smile I love you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter

2He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 9:02 am

knothead

knothead

The Greatest Story Ever Told

3He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 11:32 am

Yella

Yella

I wonder why artist's depictions of Jesus always show him to be a very light skinned Caucasian when Roman historians have stated that he was a Hebrew, in fact a Rabbi. I can't imagine the Semetic populace accepting a light skinned Caucasian when they were being oppressed by the Roman Army who were mostly light skinned Caucasians.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

4He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 12:17 pm

knothead wrote:The Greatest Story Ever Told

Isn't that the truth! I believed all that hogwash when I was growing up until I was old enough to understand it was all myth's and superstition. It's fun getting the candy though and hunting eggs.

5He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 12:36 pm

For me, nothing celebrates the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord & Savior Jesus the Christ, quite like biting the head off of a chocolate bunny.

6He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 12:37 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:The Greatest Story Ever Told

I agree with Knothead!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 12:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

William wrote:For me, nothing celebrates the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord & Savior Jesus the Christ, quite like biting the head off of a chocolate bunny.

You said it better than I ever could have, Man!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 12:47 pm

2seaoat

Beautiful Easter Service, and a joy watching Children actually enjoy Church.....it was usually dreadful for both my wife and I as children. We visited a Lutheran Church this Easter, and the folks were wonderful. It is set up in these beautiful woods where a Lutheran Church camp is located. A small congregation of less than 200 hold their services in the Church camp cafeteria which has wide windows 360 degrees which gives you a panoramic view of the beautiful hills and woods. We really enjoyed how they incorporated the children into the service and allowed them to move freely within the room with children's tables in the back where they could play with toys, move to their seats and sit with their parents.....more importantly they were incorporated four or five times in the service.....the kids and parents really enjoyed the service, and we had a wonderful time.

9He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 12:51 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
William wrote:For me, nothing celebrates the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord & Savior Jesus the Christ, quite like biting the head off of a chocolate bunny.

You said it better than I ever could have, Man!

Thanx.

The math is slightly problematic. Three days and three nights between Friday @ 6pm and Sunday @ sunrise...?

Traditions are a millstone around the neck of progress and enlightenment. Their karma backed over their dogma.

10He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 1:16 pm

2seaoat wrote:Beautiful Easter Service, and a joy watching Children actually enjoy Church.....it was usually dreadful for both my wife and I as children. We visited a Lutheran Church this Easter, and the folks were wonderful. It is set up in these beautiful woods where a Lutheran Church camp is located. A small congregation of less than 200 hold their services in the Church camp cafeteria which has wide windows 360 degrees which gives you a panoramic view of the beautiful hills and woods. We really enjoyed how they incorporated the children into the service and allowed them to move freely within the room with children's tables in the back where they could play with toys, move to their seats and sit with their parents.....more importantly they were incorporated four or five times in the service.....the kids and parents really enjoyed the service, and we had a wonderful time.

Glad you had a joyous time.

There are good values and a wonderful spirit involved in those ceremonies and traditions. I respect them a lot.

I feel bad for people who don't understand the power of God, even in the simplest terms spiritually.

One thing I can rest assured of though is this. Most of these nay sayers on their death bed will call out for the Lord to save them on their last breath.

I acknowledge the Lord.

I also acknowledge I am a sinner

But I wont deny the Lord, ever. Even if he denys me. and I don't think he will. He's the only man Ive ever loved and on my worst days has been there for me to carry me through the hard times. Many of times I have called on the lord to show me the way and as bad as I am , he has never turned his back on me and keeps coming after. How patient and persistent is the Love of God.

If im wrong and there is no God, I would rather be wrong and enjoy the spirit of the many times Ive felt otherwise than to not have that and not believe and be wrong. either way, I may go to hell, but my life has been enriched by the small partaking that I have done and I wouldn't change that.

Good day to you. Smile

11He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 1:28 pm

When I was a kid Easter was a big deal. We gave up something we liked for lent,got ashes on our heads and got new clothes to wear on Easter day. We had a big dinner and got Easter baskets. When I think of all the time wasted on this stuff I have to laugh but I guess it gave us something to do.Now I watch my children and grandchildren do the same thing and think that I passed this on. I don't begrudge people who believe in all of these rituals and truly think this all happened and celebrate it. I just believe now is all we have and when we're gone-we're gone and there is no pearly gates and answering for our deeds. This is all there is and life goes on. Living has taught me that but I once was a good Catholic. LOL!

12He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 1:33 pm

knothead

knothead

Chrissy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Beautiful Easter Service, and a joy watching Children actually enjoy Church.....it was usually dreadful for both my wife and I as children. We visited a Lutheran Church this Easter, and the folks were wonderful. It is set up in these beautiful woods where a Lutheran Church camp is located. A small congregation of less than 200 hold their services in the Church camp cafeteria which has wide windows 360 degrees which gives you a panoramic view of the beautiful hills and woods. We really enjoyed how they incorporated the children into the service and allowed them to move freely within the room with children's tables in the back where they could play with toys, move to their seats and sit with their parents.....more importantly they were incorporated four or five times in the service.....the kids and parents really enjoyed the service, and we had a wonderful time.

There are good values and a wonderful spirit involved in those ceremonies and traditions. I respect them a lot.

I feel bad for people who don't understand the power of God, even in the simplest terms spiritually.

One thing I can rest assured of though is this. Most of these nay sayers on their death bed will call out for the Lord to save them on their last breath.

I acknowledge the Lord.

But I wont deny the Lord, ever. Even if he denys me. and I don't think he will. He's the only man Ive ever loved and on my worst days has been there for me to carry me through the hard times. Many of times I have called on the lord to show me the way and as bad as I am , he has never turned his back on me and keeps coming after. How patient and persistent is the Love of God.

If im wrong and there is no God, I would rather be wrong and enjoy the spirit of the many times Ive felt otherwise than to not have that and not believe and be wrong. either way, I may go to hell, but my life has been enriched by the small partaking that I have done and I wouldn't change that.

Good day to you. Smile

+++

13He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 1:36 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:When I was a kid Easter was a big deal. We gave up something we liked for lent,got ashes on our heads and got new clothes to wear on Easter day. We had a big dinner and got Easter baskets. When I think of all the time wasted on this stuff I have to laugh but I guess it gave us something to do.Now I watch my children and grandchildren do the same thing and think that I passed this on. I don't begrudge people who believe in all of these rituals and truly think this all happened and celebrate it. I just believe now is all we have and when we're gone-we're gone and there is no pearly gates and answering for our deeds. This is all there is and life goes on. Living has taught me that but I once was a good Catholic. LOL!

now your just a empty shell. Nothing more, nothing less. a empty shell that will perish into nothing .

You don't know it yet, but you too will call out for God as your last breath becomes you.

You don't know it yet, but you have cheated yourself. You know how I know, I can see it in your response you just made here. You mentioned all the time wasted, but you wrote about it in good terms, a happy memory. But yet you choose to call it a waste of time. How sad is that?

Maybe you should really think about what a waste of time really is?

14He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 2:00 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:When I was a kid Easter was a big deal. We gave up something we liked for lent,got ashes on our heads and got new clothes to wear on Easter day. We had a big dinner and got Easter baskets. When I think of all the time wasted on this stuff I have to laugh but I guess it gave us something to do.Now I watch my children and grandchildren do the same thing and think that I passed this on. I don't begrudge people who believe in all of these rituals and truly think this all happened and celebrate it. I just believe now is all we have and when we're gone-we're gone and there is no pearly gates and answering for our deeds. This is all there is and life goes on. Living has taught me that but I once was a good Catholic. LOL!

now your just a empty shell. Nothing more, nothing less. a empty shell that will perish into nothing .

You don't know it yet, but you too will call out for God as your last breath becomes you.

You don't know it yet, but you have cheated yourself. You know how I know, I can see it in your response you just made here. You mentioned all the time wasted, but you wrote about it in good terms, a happy memory. But yet you choose to call it a waste of time. How sad is that?

Maybe you should really think about what a waste of time really is?

We will all perish into nothing. It is what it is, IMO. It's not sad at all to me. I have lived and experienced life and when it's over, I'm done. I won't be calling out for something that doesn't exist. I don't believe in things that have never been proven and certainly not in that which has been proven to not exist. When you have proof that God exists I may change my mind but so far no one has any proof. It's all myth's and superstition.

15He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 2:26 pm

Please don't misunderstand my remarks...I'm glad I raised my Daughter in those same traditions, and now She is doing so with my Grandkids.

My parents didn't put much emphasis on the Pagan traditions that attached themselves to the Religious traditions, or vice versa.

However, I and my siblings were encouraged to participate in the various Egg Rolls or Egg Hunts because we really needed the eggs.

16He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3/31/2013, 4:00 pm

Watcher

Watcher

He has Risen, Happy Easter! 3om0iz10

17He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 4/1/2013, 10:46 am

Sal

Sal

Jesus is the greatest zombie story ever told.

He came back from the dead after three days and has been eating the brains of the faithful for over two thousand years.

He has Risen, Happy Easter! Artworks-000037150270-xe6gvy-crop

18He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 4/1/2013, 7:06 pm

William wrote:

Please don't misunderstand my remarks...I'm glad I raised my Daughter in those same traditions, and now She is doing so with my Grandkids.

My parents didn't put much emphasis on the Pagan traditions that attached themselves to the Religious traditions, or vice versa.

However, I and my siblings were encouraged to participate in the various Egg Rolls or Egg Hunts because we really needed the eggs.

LOL!

19He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 4/1/2013, 9:38 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
William wrote:

LOL!

Maybe that's why I still love egg salad sandwiches.

20He has Risen, Happy Easter! Empty Re: He has Risen, Happy Easter! 4/2/2013, 8:43 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I acknowledge the Lord.

Good day to you. Smile [/quote]

Good post, Chrissy.

We may not believe as we should, but there is a comfort in a fallback position, for sure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum