Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pick the final four......NCAA basketball tournament

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

2seaoat

After Sunday's brackets each forum member will give their final four pick. You do not have to give the final winner, but for each team you get right in the bracket, you will get one point, and three points for the team which was your bracket winner who eventually wins the tournament. This means that a perfect score would be 7 points, one for picking the East, South, Midwest, and West bracket winners and three for picking the bracket winner who eventually wins the tournament........all picks must be written on this thread by Monday at five pm to qualify. The winner will be the college basketball guru for 2013. Again, no picks until the brackets are announced on Sunday.

2seaoat

I really like what I am seeing out of Ole Miss, and had not seen one of their games.....have to see where they will bracket.

2seaoat wrote:I really like what I am seeing out of Ole Miss, and had not seen one of their games.....have to see where they will bracket.

I'm with you. Ole Miss did look good against Vanderbilt, will wait to see how they fair against Florida tomorrow.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I really like what I am seeing out of Ole Miss, and had not seen one of their games.....have to see where they will bracket.

I'm with you. Ole Miss did look good against Vanderbilt, will wait to see how they fair against Florida tomorrow.

dont attack and hit your wife if you lose

knothead

knothead

Ole Miss looked great and I will look forward to the game tomorrow. As for the big dance Ole Miss does not have enough balance to go far in my opinion as they have one dependable offensive weapon and that won't cut the mustard in the Big Dance.

2seaoat

dont attack and hit your wife if you lose

If you are talking to me.....my wife is tough.....I am not stupid......I do not spit into the wind or mess around with Leroy Brown........and besides......I plan on breaking my bad sports predictions with this tournament......and move over to the winner's circle.

2seaoat wrote:dont attack and hit your wife if you lose

If you are talking to me.....my wife is tough.....I am not stupid......I do not spit into the wind or mess around with Leroy Brown........and besides......I plan on breaking my bad sports predictions with this tournament......and move over to the winner's circle.

She is talking to me Seaoat. I expect nothing less from her. Once she picks up on something she will not drop it. However I do not intend to respond to her as long as she brings us baseless bullshit such as that. I have told her that I have never hit a woman and since she doesn't believe me, I will not respond.

KarlRove

KarlRove

BUMP....let's get our pics in folks Very Happy

knothead

knothead

My Final Four Pick is:

Louisville
Pittsburgh

Kansas
Indiana

I pick Kansas and Louisville to be in final game with Kansas winning!

DUKE GONZAGA KANSAS INDIANA

DUKE INDIANA in the Finals with the DUKIES winning it all.

Sal

Sal

Duke
Ohio State
Kansas
Indiana

Kansas takes the trophy home

Kentucky get robbed. Sad

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:Duke
Ohio State
Kansas
Indiana

Kentucky get robbed. Sad

Sal, this was the year we bent over and grabbed our ankles . . . . we really were not a Final Four contender . . . . and our fate was sealed with Noel out for the season with the ACL injury. My hope is Noel recognizes he is not ready for the NBA and will stay for next season . . . . . we should have a very good recruiting year so I will enjoy the others . . . . . as a Kentuckian I hate not to pull for Louisville and Rick Pitino. We both picked Kansas to win it all but it'll be fun but not as much with our Wildcats out but they do not deserve to be there in my opinion.

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:
Sal wrote:Duke
Ohio State
Kansas
Indiana

Kentucky get robbed. Sad

Sal, this was the year we bent over and grabbed our ankles . . . . we really were not a Final Four contender . . . . and our fate was sealed with Noel out for the season with the ACL injury. My hope is Noel recognizes he is not ready for the NBA and will stay for next season . . . . . we should have a very good recruiting year so I will enjoy the others . . . . . as a Kentuckian I hate not to pull for Louisville and Rick Pitino. We both picked Kansas to win it all but it'll be fun but not as much with our Wildcats out but they do not deserve to be there in my opinion.

Noel is projected to be a top five pick despite his injury.

He'd be crazy to come back.

Kentucky will be much improved next year due to their stellar incoming recruiting class.

My comment about Kentucky getting robbed was mostly facetious.

They just weren't very good this year.

That having been said, the three SEC teams that made the dance (Florida, Missouri, and Ole Miss) were all beaten by Kentucky this year.

I will be rooting for whoever is playing Louisville from here on out.

lol

2seaoat

Michigan State
Ohio State
Kansas
Indiana

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Michigan State
Ohio State
Kansas
Indiana

. . . . . . . . and the winner is SO?

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Michigan State
Ohio State
Kansas
Indiana

C'mon, Mr. Oats!

Do a guy a solid and pick Louisville to win it all.

lol

2seaoat

Michigan State or Kansas......I am going with coaching and folks who have been there..........

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Michigan State or Kansas......I am going with coaching and folks who have been there..........

Mr. Oats, get off the fence and choose one . . . . . . Michigan State or Kansas . . . . gotta pick a winner don't you? Reminded me of Tom Banjamin! LOL

Msu didn't get a very good draw... but if they get by duke I'll pick em.

2seaoat

PKR and I like to debate, but I have to agree......I just think their coach wins championships with not always the most talented kids on the floor. However the format of this thread does not require an ultimate winner.....just the top four, and if one of your top four wins you get a bonus.

The Big Ten has all the basketball talent this year in my opinion, but they could take a dive like they have in football for the last decade.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Florida choked on that one.

My Final Four:

1. Indiana
2. Ohio State
3. Florida
4. Louisville

Pick to win it all: Louisville.

Now why don't we all list a Cinderella that we think will make it. In this case I will take Ole Miss.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:My Final Four:

1. Indiana
2. Ohio State
3. Florida
4. Louisville

Pick to win it all: Louisville.

Now why don't we all list a Cinderella that we think will make it. In this case I will take Ole Miss.

At times, Louisville certainly looks like the best team in the nation.

My problem is with their guard play.

Throughout the season, it has swung wildly from brilliant to boneheaded.

I think that will bite them in the ass before it's over.

Cinderella?

I'll take St. Louis.

I don't know if they have the talent to get there, but their style of play can drive a lot of teams crazy.

2seaoat

I did not see anybody get one of their picks knocked out.......the Wisconsin beat down was not expected.....I think they could go deep in that bracket.

2seaoat wrote:I did not see anybody get one of their picks knocked out.......the Wisconsin beat down was not expected.....I think they could go deep in that bracket.

In my bracket I have Ole Miss making it to the final in the West against Ohio State.

LaSalle up by 18 at halftime against K-State but K-State has outscored LaSalle in 12 minutes of the second half to pull within 1 point.

Last edited by Ghost_Rider1 on 3/22/2013, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum