Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today's NECKCAR crash- grandstand view

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/daytona-nationwide-crash-looked-grandstands-030141340--nascar.html

OMG that made me cry. that was horrible. Sad

I couldnt hear clearly i wonder if it was the tire that landed on the kid. because it sounded like they were screaming it hit the kid.

Sage wrote:OMG that made me cry. that was horrible. Sad

I couldnt hear clearly i wonder if it was the tire that landed on the kid. because it sounded like they were screaming it hit the kid.

Chrissy 2 people were hospitalized in critical condition that was upgrade to stable. One was an adult with life threatening head injuries and the other was a child and his/her injuries were not listed.

This crash reminded me of a similar crash at Talladega a few years ago when Carl Edwards hit the catch fence and some debris injured a female spectator.

I have been to Daytona several times and have sat in the grandstands there on the front stretch. When the cars come by they send small pieces of track debris such as tire rubber etc. It will fly through the openings on the catch fence and pelt the folks sitting in the first couple of rows.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Sage wrote:OMG that made me cry. that was horrible. Sad

Chrissy 2 people were hospitalized in critical condition that was upgrade to stable. One was an adult with life threatening head injuries and the other was a child and his/her injuries were not listed.

This crash reminded me of a similar crash at Talladega a few years ago when Carl Edwards hit the catch fence and some debris injured a female spectator.

I have been to Daytona several times and have sat in the grandstands there on the front stretch. When the cars come by they send small pieces of track debris such as tire rubber etc. It will fly through the openings on the catch fence and pelt the folks sitting in the first couple of rows.

Thanks for the update.

I only went to the daytona 500 once, and it was on a motocycle. I didnt go for the race, I went for the parties. I never have taken my kids to it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum