Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Politico Joins Other Media Outlets Failing to List Jesse Jackson Jr. as Democrat

+3
2seaoat
Floridatexan
VectorMan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

**UPDATE** Ginger Gibson recently updated her article to include party ID of Jesse Jackson Jr.

In a 615- word article on Politico’s website on February 20, author Ginger Gibson failed to inform her readers that the disgraced former Illinois congressman was a Democrat, a fact that Politico and a growing list of media outlets continue to do. Instead, Politico simply refers to Jackson as a “[f]ormer Rep.”

Gibson's article was published just moments after Jackson Jr. pleaded guilty in federal court to charges stemming from the misuse of campaign funds, including spending $43,450 on a gold Rolex watch.

Rather than finding space to tag Jackson as a Democrat, the article finds plenty of room to include quotes from Jackson and his attorneys supposedly proving jis remorse, hoping to rebuild his public image in the future. For example, Gibson described Jackson as, “appearing to fight back tears” and he “sniffled as the prosecutor read the charges.”

The article concludes with a quote from Jackson attorney Reid H. Weingarten:

There will be another chapter in Jesse Jackson’s life. There will be a chapter that will bring joy to the people he cares about.

**UPDATE** Politico's Ginger Gibson feigns ignorance as to why this is a problem.

Politico Joins Other Media Outlets Failing to List Jesse Jackson Jr. as Democrat 2013-02-20-POLITICO-JACKSON2_0

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/2013/02/20/politico-joins-other-media-outlets-failing-list-jesse-jackson-jr-demo

Of course they won't call out one of their own. It just shows their ever growing hypocrisy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Did someone think Jesse Jackson, Jr. was a Republican?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:

How did I know the point would elude you?

2seaoat

Let's see.....the son of a black political organizer growing up on the south side of Chicago....married to an alderman........who would be so completely stupid not to know that Chicago does not have Republican representatives elected.....braille would probably not be sufficient........exactly what is the point? Oh......I get it......propoganda 101.......association.........crooked politician......democrat.....................golly darn dandy......thank you for helping me.

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:Did someone think Jesse Jackson, Jr. was a Republican?

Let's see.....the son of a black political organizer growing up on the south side of Chicago....married to an alderman........who would be so completely stupid not to know that Chicago does not have Republican representatives elected.....braille would probably not be sufficient........exactly what is the point? Oh......I get it......propoganda 101.......association.........crooked politician......democrat.....................golly darn dandy......thank you for helping me.

Into the eluded pile you go.

2seaoat

Into the eluded pile you go.

You have to be kidding.......how stupid would someone have to be not to know that every politician who is part of the Chicago political machine is stained with some level of political corruption? You watch somebody come out of a tar pit........and see tar all over the person........and you think the political label is important? You have to be seriously kidding? A politician from Chicago describes about all I need to know, and if you need a label......well, I guess folks are challenged about reality and need help.

2seaoat wrote:Into the eluded pile you go.

You have to be kidding.......how stupid would someone have to be not to know that every politician who is part of the Chicago political machine is stained with some level of political corruption? You watch somebody come out of a tar pit........and see tar all over the person........and you think the political label is important? You have to be seriously kidding? A politician from Chicago describes about all I need to know, and if you need a label......well, I guess folks are challenged about reality and need help.

Seaoat, you're being obstinate. The point is that if this was a Republican who committed these crimes, then by gosh you would have a GIANT (R) in every story next to their name. That is the POINT. It's another reason why people judge the MSM to be highly biased for the (D) point of view.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Good Lord.

It isn't about Jesse Jr. being a dem. Sure, most everyone knows that. It's about the double standards of the liberal media. If this happened to a republican the liberal media would have made damn sure "republican" was mentioned in their "story" at least once, if not more.

Get the point now?

2seaoat

Get the point now?

No I do not get the point. You show me 20 years of newspaper and tv reporting on scandals which clearly show that the lack of a label is an intentional attempt to favor one politcal party.....poppycock! A politician coming out of the state of Illinois either ends up in jail or is elected president. I do not need a party label......just tell me what they do, and I am pretty damn sure I know their ethics. You also confuse straight up news with blogs and opinion pieces......I would love to see the science which could filter the variables and come up with a clean theory like you think the point is about. The truth is that it is proven that all of media has a liberal slant.......the more educated tend to have a liberal slant.....you need to be able to understand english and rules of grammar to write for a publication, so it follows that those writers have inherent bias.....but to prove your silly concept that the lack of a party label shows bias......social scientist could never get that hypothesis or proofs clean enough to reach that conclusion, but I think there is ample empirical evidence that more educated folks tend to be more liberal, and it follows that the media is more liberal which has also been shown in quantitative studies, but lately there is a real attempt to let stupid take over media.....so I am sure if the country drops a few more IQ points we will have fair and balanced reporting.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Get the point now?

No I do not get the point. You show me 20 years of newspaper and tv reporting on scandals which clearly show that the lack of a label is an intentional attempt to favor one politcal party.....poppycock! A politician coming out of the state of Illinois either ends up in jail or is elected president. I do not need a party label......just tell me what they do, and I am pretty damn sure I know their ethics. You also confuse straight up news with blogs and opinion pieces......I would love to see the science which could filter the variables and come up with a clean theory like you think the point is about. The truth is that it is proven that all of media has a liberal slant.......the more educated tend to have a liberal slant.....you need to be able to understand english and rules of grammar to write for a publication, so it follows that those writers have inherent bias.....but to prove your silly concept that the lack of a party label shows bias......social scientist could never get that hypothesis or proofs clean enough to reach that conclusion, but I think there is ample empirical evidence that more educated folks tend to be more liberal, and it follows that the media is more liberal which has also been shown in quantitative studies, but lately there is a real attempt to let stupid take over media.....so I am sure if the country drops a few more IQ points we will have fair and balanced reporting.

Mr. Oats, you made a very credible argument against the continuing complaint of the so-called MSM which has been an excuse of the right for their lack of credibility. I recognize the human nature of DNA based bias that emerges in every publication but it is the freedom of press to have opposing points of view . . . . . that is completely acceptable and a part of our democracy. The continuing lamenting of the "MSM" being the enemy of or proponent of any particular political party of agenda is a weak, if not pathetic, excuse for the message of that political entity. The right wing element is currently on the ropes because of very stupid candidates and horrible messaging but sooner or later the worm will turn.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Carry on. You are beyond lost. RINO.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:

Good Lord.

It isn't about Jesse Jr. being a dem. Sure, most everyone knows that. It's about the double standards of the liberal media. If this happened to a republican the liberal media would have made damn sure "republican" was mentioned in their "story" at least once, if not more.

Get the point now?

Ahem ...

#1. Politico is decidedly NOT a liberal media source

#2. You are automatically disqualified from complaining about ANY new source when you regularly make use of Newsmax, Newsbuster, World Nut Daily, the Blaze, etc.

Get a clue.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sal wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Good Lord.

Get the point now?

Ahem ...

#2. You are automatically disqualified from complaining about ANY new source when you regularly make use of Newsmax, Newsbuster, World Nut Daily, the Blaze, etc.

Get a clue.

You're not qualified to disqualify anyone for anything. Go get your own clue. I got mine.

Politico Joins Other Media Outlets Failing to List Jesse Jackson Jr. as Democrat Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8lpc5LpNx-mzSaq8Jpim3bu1RSGkhzu9mJ-0RP1i-HSwzvOlW

You think so?

I don't find that to be necessarily true.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTKu-L1b--o

Smile

NaNook

NaNook

When I attended the renaming of Fieldcrest Village to Jesse Jackson Town Homes , it was an emotional event. No logic, no responsibility, only more opportunity for other people to pay for other people. There was great fried chicken and mac&cheese, Look it up, it was held at the PW center, I have a signed JJ photo.

Besides, Jessie Jackson bragged about spitting in the food of white people.

He left his family in public housing while he paid a whore 250k to attend him in his secret apartment. Didn't she have a love child?

What a Man.......

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Good Lord.

Get the point now?

Ahem ...

Get a clue.

Surly you jest!

They are only slightly to the right...maybe...of your DailyKOS, MediaMatters, DemocratUnderground, TheNation and others.

From WikiAnswers comes the facts...in a backward sort of way. Here we see a liberal...saying the Mainstream Media is CONSERVATIVE.

Is politico com conservative?

Answer:

Read it for awhile and saw rather superficial coverage of some issues. Also noticed that they seemed to repeat discredited or misleading "facts". Recently heard someone on television refer to it as conservative. Seems to be as is most mainstream media.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_politico_com_conservative

Politico

Publisher
Robert L. Allbritton---Director Lyndon Baines Johnson Foundation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum