Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A movie to watch for all those who don't like the police.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's in Redbox now and it scores big on the tomatometer. Title is "End of Watch". I watched it today. Pretty powerful film.

Bob wrote:It's in Redbox now and it scores big on the tomatometer. Title is "End of Watch". I watched it today. Pretty powerful film.

What's it about? I'm going to watch that movie tomorrow w/ Denzel Washington. Heard it's good.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:

What's it about? I'm going to watch that movie tomorrow w/ Denzel Washington. Heard it's good.

"Flight" (the Denzel Washington movie) is my favorite movie of about the last entire year.
The main way I judge what are the best movies is how well they hold my attention over the whole film. Some can do that with parts of the movie. But the ones which provide me a total escape for the whole movie are the ones I give the five stars too. The ones where my mind never wanders from what's on the screen. Those are very few and far between. And Flight is one.

The story in "End of Watch" is a drama which revolves around two LAPD patrol cops (partners) in South Central LA.

Bob wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

"Flight" (the Denzel Washington movie) is my favorite movie of about the last entire year.
The main way I judge what are the best movies is how well they hold my attention over the whole film. Some can do that with parts of the movie. But the ones which provide me a total escape for the whole movie are the ones I give the five stars too. The ones where my mind never wanders from what's on the screen. Those are very few and far between. And Flight is one.

The story in "End of Watch" revolves around two LAPD patrol cops (partners) in South Central LA.

Thanks! It is my second time renting it w/o watching it yet.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"End of Watch" is one of the best police movies in recent years...

-- Roger Ebert

A movie to watch for all those who don't like the police. Untitled_zpsd32d13cf

Is it this good?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lurch wrote:A movie to watch for all those who don't like the police. Untitled_zpsd32d13cf

Is it this good?
Dunno. I can't remember that scene. What movie is it?

That's Mel in Mad Max..

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lurch wrote:That's Mel in Mad Max..

'Mad Max' was one of those landmark films like 'Fistful of Dollars'. The ones which really break new ground stylistically.
Those are really in a class by themselves so I would never compare them to 'End of Watch'. But I think you'll enjoy it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Okay i watched it tonight Bob..just more of that Us vs Them conditioning.....I stopped and helped a cop that had an accident last week he was very thankful for my assistance. If I hated cops I wouldn't have stopped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum