Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago's Chief of Police......

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

lol... It's scary that you can dismiss that list of erosions and infringements of the constitution. You're right that it's dynamic.

But I don't believe now that there's any point at which you would protest... much less disagree with a govt solution. You can't even figure out the root cause as to why our police and jails are growing... lol. Please don't look into dhs... what am I thinking... that wouldn't matter either.

Shit Happens... amiright?

nochain wrote:FBI numbers:
In 2005, 445 murders by rifles.
605 Murders committed by hammers/clubs.

In 2006, 438 murders by rifle,
618 murders hammers and clubs 618.

2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle
there was 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

Guess the uninformed liberals are going to want hammers with no handles and plastic clubs....

Asault HAMMERS/CLUBS?....Ban hammers...clubs/fists....This may be an extreme way of pointing out the obvious...How about an OJ Law?...Ban Knives?...So it's not just the weapons it may be the people?...

Exactly mouth guy. So why bother with any limits on drug usage...?

Folk will find a way to get high even if you ban getting high. How about gasoline...? People huff the vapors and get really high, so let's ban gasoline. Same with solvents and glue...hell, even magic markers. Time to ban felt tip ink delivery devices.

And gotta protect the kids. No more spinning round and round on playgrounds. Merry-go-rounds...banned. Same with most rides at fairs and yes, Disney World....the cartel of inner ear attacks on balance and brain function.

It made me dizzy just to write this. Thank God it wasn't with a felt tip marker.

W_T_M wrote:Exactly mouth guy. So why bother with any limits on drug usage...?

Folk will find a way to get high even if you ban getting high. How about gasoline...? People huff the vapors and get really high, so let's ban gasoline. Same with solvents and glue...hell, even magic markers. Time to ban felt tip ink delivery devices.

And gotta protect the kids. No more spinning round and round on playgrounds. Merry-go-rounds...banned. Same with most rides at fairs and yes, Disney World....the cartel of inner ear attacks on balance and brain function.

It made me dizzy just to write this. Thank God it wasn't with a felt tip marker.

You could be my long lost twin brother in that picture Bill... how old were you then?

Jake92

How about blaming it on the legal system that slaps them on the hands over and over until they can put them away for life for multiple murders, then we have to support them in prison for the next 30-40 years?????

Chicago's Chief of Police...... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvXxpNDKJvvyOQayMXVvlrfRtuAOuV0Up7oai2Jz-KvWMuHziXKw

I'll register all my firearms when the government gets the criminals and outlaws to register all of theirs.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

Smile

*poof*

Last edited by W_T_M on 2/24/2013, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Chicago is the safest large city I have ever been in.....except Toronto. The perception of Chicago from the days when Robert Stack played Elliot Ness during prohibition has been violent gang activity to support a criminal enterprise. The current prohibition has an entire economy based on the illegal drug trade found in Chicago's near west side and south side. It is simple turf wars for very profitable sales of illegal drugs. The criminal justice system profits on this war on drugs, and where poverty and despair have an easy answer......the profit of illegal drugs....you will have violence. The idea that guns have anything to do with this violence is absurd. They would be beating each other with baseball bats if there were no guns.....eliminate prohibition, and you solve the problem........the problem has nothing to do with guns or baseball bats.

Safe for the elite of Chicago, but is you live in the slums and are poverty stricken then you live in the deadliest city in the US. Chicago should be safe for all residents regardless of race, creed or economic level. You can call it safe, but have you lived in the projects where this is taking place? My guess is no. For a city to be considered safe, it must be equally safe for all residents, not just the elite.

Detroit, Washington D.C., New Orleans, Newark and others are ahead of Chicago. Mayor Rahm Emanuel, former Chief of Staff for President Barack Hussein Obama and this police chief, along with most Progressives, don't understand the problem so how can they hope to make improvements?

Markle wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Chicago is the safest large city I have ever been in.....except Toronto. The perception of Chicago from the days when Robert Stack played Elliot Ness during prohibition has been violent gang activity to support a criminal enterprise. The current prohibition has an entire economy based on the illegal drug trade found in Chicago's near west side and south side. It is simple turf wars for very profitable sales of illegal drugs. The criminal justice system profits on this war on drugs, and where poverty and despair have an easy answer......the profit of illegal drugs....you will have violence. The idea that guns have anything to do with this violence is absurd. They would be beating each other with baseball bats if there were no guns.....eliminate prohibition, and you solve the problem........the problem has nothing to do with guns or baseball bats.

Safe for the elite of Chicago, but is you live in the slums and are poverty stricken then you live in the deadliest city in the US. Chicago should be safe for all residents regardless of race, creed or economic level. You can call it safe, but have you lived in the projects where this is taking place? My guess is no. For a city to be considered safe, it must be equally safe for all residents, not just the elite.

Detroit, Washington D.C., New Orleans, Newark and others are ahead of Chicago. Mayor Rahm Emanuel, former Chief of Staff for President Barack Hussein Obama and this police chief, along with most Progressives, don't understand the problem so how can they hope to make improvements?

And Mayor Emanuel is reportedly mulling a run for the White House in 2016...

2seaoat

And Mayor Emanuel is reportedly mulling a run for the White House in 2016...

not a chance

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:This whole Chicago having violence because of gun control is laughable. Ignorance can be fixed, but stupid is permanent. My daughter just put a Latin King in jail for life for a double murder. The SOB sat in the back seat on the driver's side and put a bullet in the brain of the driver turned and shot the front passenger in the neck and started beating him with the handgun, while the backseat passenger ran like hell for fear he was next. The shooter calmly returns to the party and makes the guy who fled return and help him burn the bodies so he was part of the crime. That is after the shooter mutilated the dead, drove the car over them and then burned them by pouring gas over the bodies.

You think this was done for kicks.....it was drugs. It was keeping people in line. It was for not showing respect to a leaders girl.....yet I have to listen to all these so called experts telling me about gun control, and guns as being the issue.....absolutely insanity. These kids can make 2k a day selling crack. Do you think they are going to school. Do you think they are going to give a rat's tail about laws or gun control. Do you think they will not kill people because Chicago will now allow open carry or conceal and carry.....pure stupid. When you see your daughter threatened indirectly by gangbangers, and you understand this is a F'ing war which requires some people to engage their brains.....and the folks on the front lines of this battle are losing ground.......it is an impossible battle until you take the profit out of this criminal enterprise.........Nope, some people are simply clueless.

As you know, being defenseless on Chicago's South Side is only part of the problem.

The other part has to do with President Lyndon Baines Johnson's failed "War on Poverty" and his "Great Society". What had been one of the strongest family units in our country was encouraged and rewarded to become the weakest family units.

If citizens not being able to defend themselves have nothing to do with the violent crime rate. Why are the cities with the strongest gun laws those that also have the highest violent crime rates?

2seaoat

The other part has to do with President Lyndon Baines Johnson's failed "War on Poverty" and his "Great Society". What had been one of the strongest family units in our country was encouraged and rewarded to become the weakest family units.
Absurd......I thought the ghost busters warned you about crossing the beams.......first, the family situation sucks.....I agree.....but exactly what does that have to do with gun violence in Chicago. The Italian families and other first generation immigrants in the 1920s had stable family units and the gun violence in prohibition was exploding.....uncross your beams and focus on the big marshmellow guy.......its called illegal drugs and the profits being made from that trade.....the murder rate in Chicago is gang related.....end of story....no need to extrapolate your theories of explanation.....hell....everybody on the south and west side could be married, and folks would still be dying in the streets of Chicago......do you think a more traditional society regarding marriage can be found other than Mexico.....yet pure carnage.......understand the problem before you project you myopic self serving political theory on a very simple problem.....the drug war failed....prohibition failed.

Markle

Markle

W_T_M wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://iweb.tntech.edu/kosburn/history-202/prog-outline.htm

In it's simplest form progressivism equals govt solutions... prohibitions, controls, education, propaganda, regulations, laws... then interventions, manipulations, mandates, edicts... authoritarianism.

You seem to assign some benign or benevolent intention to it... like if central govt had enough latitude or power it could more effectively serve the individual... I wonder how you and so many could come to this conclusion. History certainly doesn't support it... State education is my first suspect.

Are you a true proponent of the public taking care of what they can and allowing the government to clean up loose ends and do paperwork...?

That's what's happening when gangs are involved, be it Mafia, or any of the Gangsta folk. They enforce codes and exact justice and retribution. And we're talking ASAP....no appeals and such.

You pine for the ideal limited government that simply will not work in today's world. It is so complex and co-dependent on the fate of Big Bid'nes any cuts to funding a lot of programs will ALWAYS meet with howls of righteous indignation. Especially when you try to cut the cost of our bloated DoD. Two bases performing similar missions located within close proximity; helicopter training here and @Ft. Rucker. And that just skims the surface.

I can certainly see a lot of waste, duplication of effort, or plain old redundancy. And never mind the huge farm subsidies for rich corp. farms, or paying oil companies to do research they should be funding, or handing out tax breaks to billionaires...etc, etc...insert further whining here.

There's so much gray area in this entire debate even the brainiac's in charge aren't sure what's what.

Pass the rubber stamp and try not to swim upstream.

In your "perfect world" what SHOULD government do and where do they get the money?

I'm all for doing away with the farm subsidies. I presume you also mean doing away with all "green" subsides too.

Unless that is their decision, why should oil companies fund research into other forms of energy? Shouldn't that be their decision?

Would you please list the special tax breaks for billionaires and your source. I can't find them anywhere.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The secret to consistency is simplicity.

Exactly.....and that simple document called the constitution is working. America is a success story unmatched in history. Your simplistic doomsday extrapolation from the existence of government is a non starter......it leads to nowhere, because you are in some ivory tower of absolutes divorce from reality. The average American enjoys greater freedom than any generation in this country has experienced. You need a night light. The boogey man is in your mind.

I presume you are being facetious....

Markle

Markle

Jake92 wrote:How about blaming it on the legal system that slaps them on the hands over and over until they can put them away for life for multiple murders, then we have to support them in prison for the next 30-40 years?????

They're habitual criminals but you think they should they should be on the street. Are we supposed to have more guns to protect ourselves?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The other part has to do with President Lyndon Baines Johnson's failed "War on Poverty" and his "Great Society". What had been one of the strongest family units in our country was encouraged and rewarded to become the weakest family units.
Absurd......I thought the ghost busters warned you about crossing the beams.......first, the family situation sucks.....I agree.....but exactly what does that have to do with gun violence in Chicago.
The Italian families and other first generation immigrants in the 1920s had stable family units and the gun violence in prohibition was exploding.....uncross your beams and focus on the big marshmellow guy.......its called illegal drugs and the profits being made from that trade.....the murder rate in Chicago is gang related.....end of story....no need to extrapolate your theories of explanation.....hell....everybody on the south and west side could be married, and folks would still be dying in the streets of Chicago......do you think a more traditional society regarding marriage can be found other than Mexico.....yet pure carnage.......understand the problem before you project you myopic self serving political theory on a very simple problem.....the drug war failed....prohibition failed.

Here, with statistics.

A MINORITY VIEW
BY WALTER E. WILLIAMS
RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2005, AND THEREAFTER

AMMUNITION FOR POVERTY PIMPS

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina's destruction of New Orleans, President Bush gave America's poverty pimps and race hustlers new ammunition. The president said, "As all of us saw on television, there is also some deep, persistent poverty in this region as well. And that poverty has roots in a history of racial discrimination, which cut off generations from the opportunity of America. We have a duty to confront this poverty with bold action."

The president's espousing such a vision not only supplies ammunition to poverty pimps and race hustlers, it focuses attention away from the true connection between race and poverty.

Though I grow weary of pointing it out, let's do it again. Let's examine some numbers readily available from the Census Bureau's 2004 Current Population Survey and ask some questions. There's one segment of the black population that suffers only a 9.9 percent poverty rate, and only 13.7 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. There's another segment that suffers a 39.5 percent poverty rate, and 58.1 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. Among whites, one segment suffers a 6 percent poverty rate, and only 9.9 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. The other segment suffers a 26.4 percent poverty rate, and 52 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. What do you think distinguishes the high and low poverty populations among blacks?

Would you buy an explanation that it's because white people practice discrimination against one segment of the black population and not the other or one segment had a history of slavery and not the other? You'd have to be a lunatic to buy such an explanation. The only distinction between both the black and white populations is marriage -- lower poverty in married-couple families.

In 1960, only 28 percent of black females ages 15 to 44 were never married and illegitimacy among blacks was 22 percent. Today, the never-married rate is 56 percent and illegitimacy stands at 70 percent. If today's black family structure were what it was in 1960, the overall black poverty rate would be in or near single digits. The weakening of the black family structure, and its devastating consequences, have nothing to do with the history of slavery or racial discrimination.

Dr. Charles Murray, an American Enterprise Institute scholar, argues in an article titled "Rediscovering the Underclass" in the Institute's On the Issues series (October 2005) that self-destructive behavior has become the hallmark of the underclass. He says that unemployment in the underclass is not caused by the lack of jobs but by the inability to get up every morning and go to work. In 1954, the percentage of black males, age 20 to 24, not looking for work was nine percent. In 1999, it rose to 30 percent, and that was at a time when employers were beating the bushes for employees. Murray adds that "the statistical reality is that people who get into the American job market and stay there seldom remain poor unless they do something self-destructive.

I share Murray's sentiment expressed at the beginning of his article where he says, "Watching the courage of ordinary low-income people as they deal with the aftermath of Katrina and Rita, it is hard to decide which politicians are more contemptible -- Democrats who are rediscovering poverty and blaming it on George W. Bush, or Republicans who are rediscovering poverty and claiming that the government can fix it." Since President Johnson's War on Poverty, controlling for inflation, the nation has spent $9 trillion on about 80 anti-poverty programs. To put that figure in perspective, last year's U.S. GDP was $11 trillion; $9 trillion exceeds the GDP of any nation except the U.S. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita uncovered the result of the War on Poverty -- dependency and self-destructive behavior.

Guess what the president [President George Walker Bush] and politicians from both parties are asking the American people to do? If you said, "Enact programs that will sustain and enhance dependency," go to the head of the class.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/articles/05/poverty.html

2seaoat

Here, with statistics.

I thought by now you would have your official ghostbuster certification and understand not to cross the beams......to the extent that poverty is the strongest correlation to crime, it is secondary to the the gang bangers and the economics of illegal drug turf wars......which arguably are not happening in wealthy areas of Chicago, but if you want to explain the difference of Chicago's North Shore and Chicago's South Side by some government program started in the Johnson Administration......you do not understand wealth and poverty.......crime and poverty......and the impact of prohibition on gun violence in Chicago.......If you are suggesting that but for the Johnson war on Poverty, the violence in Chicago would not exist......then my friend you are foolish and most certainly are not able to focus the beam on the target......Prohibition begets violence in Chicago....it has before.....it is now.......of course I cannot argue that poverty is a huge part of this violence, but for somebody who was born on the North side of Chicago and is a Cub fan......well I guess I do have an explanation.

2seaoat wrote:Here, with statistics.

I thought by now you would have your official ghostbuster certification and understand not to cross the beams......to the extent that poverty is the strongest correlation to crime, it is secondary to the the gang bangers and the economics of illegal drug turf wars......which arguably are not happening in wealthy areas of Chicago, but if you want to explain the difference of Chicago's North Shore and Chicago's South Side by some government program started in the Johnson Administration......you do not understand wealth and poverty.......crime and poverty......and the impact of prohibition on gun violence in Chicago.......If you are suggesting that but for the Johnson war on Poverty, the violence in Chicago would not exist......then my friend you are foolish and most certainly are not able to focus the beam on the target......Prohibition begets violence in Chicago....it has before.....it is now.......of course I cannot argue that poverty is a huge part of this violence, but for somebody who was born on the North side of Chicago and is a Cub fan......well I guess I do have an explanation.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Markle wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://iweb.tntech.edu/kosburn/history-202/prog-outline.htm

In it's simplest form progressivism equals govt solutions... prohibitions, controls, education, propaganda, regulations, laws... then interventions, manipulations, mandates, edicts... authoritarianism.

You seem to assign some benign or benevolent intention to it... like if central govt had enough latitude or power it could more effectively serve the individual... I wonder how you and so many could come to this conclusion. History certainly doesn't support it... State education is my first suspect.

Are you a true proponent of the public taking care of what they can and allowing the government to clean up loose ends and do paperwork...?

That's what's happening when gangs are involved, be it Mafia, or any of the Gangsta folk. They enforce codes and exact justice and retribution. And we're talking ASAP....no appeals and such.

You pine for the ideal limited government that simply will not work in today's world. It is so complex and co-dependent on the fate of Big Bid'nes any cuts to funding a lot of programs will ALWAYS meet with howls of righteous indignation. Especially when you try to cut the cost of our bloated DoD. Two bases performing similar missions located within close proximity; helicopter training here and @Ft. Rucker. And that just skims the surface.

I can certainly see a lot of waste, duplication of effort, or plain old redundancy. And never mind the huge farm subsidies for rich corp. farms, or paying oil companies to do research they should be funding, or handing out tax breaks to billionaires...etc, etc...insert further whining here.

There's so much gray area in this entire debate even the brainiac's in charge aren't sure what's what.

Pass the rubber stamp and try not to swim upstream.

In your "perfect world" what SHOULD government do and where do they get the money?

I'm all for doing away with the farm subsidies. I presume you also mean doing away with all "green" subsides too.

Unless that is their decision, why should oil companies fund research into other forms of energy? Shouldn't that be their decision?

Would you please list the special tax breaks for billionaires and your source. I can't find them anywhere.

Take your head outta your ass, wash your face, and open your eyes. But that won't help much, will it...?

I just gave several examples and you didn't even see them, so do your own homework troll.

If you spent 10 minutes of your propaganda cycle looking for those other ridiculous tax breaks for billionaires, I think you'd answer your own question. But that would hurt your agenda, huh Howie...?

2seaoat wrote:And Mayor Emanuel is reportedly mulling a run for the White House in 2016...

not a chance

There was a time I'd agree...but now it seems anything is possible...Napatilano of homeland security fame and her statement that the southern border violence has been blown out of proportion is also considering a run in 2016...At one time thought that Al Frankan would never stand a chance....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum