Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I guess the "peace" has ended...

+3
Nekochan
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Peruse the threads and the Hezbollah of PDF has obviously started launching his verbal rockets into threads again.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Peruse the threads and the Hezbollah of PDF has obviously started launching his verbal rockets into threads again.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The Posers only excuse for living is to troll around trying to stir the pot. I would hate to be that negative.

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Peruse the threads and the Hezbollah of PDF has obviously started launching his verbal rockets into threads again.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The Posers only excuse for living is to troll around trying to stir the pot. I would hate to be that negative.

And what is this thread's and your post's purpose for existence?

Oh I get it. The "oathtaker" wants to suspend the 1st amendment when it applies to rhetoric he doesn't wish to read.

Typical totalitarian.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It is quite obvious that a certain poster is really getting under PD's skin. So much so that he has started several threads over the past week or so just to address this issue.

The question which needs to be asked is: Is PD taking this forum just a little too seriously?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It is quite obvious that a certain poster is really getting under PD's skin. So much so that he has started several threads over the past week or so just to address this issue.

The question which needs to be asked is: Is PD taking this forum just a little too seriously?

It's fear based.

The food always tastes funny after a troop takes a shit in his own mess kit. Doesn't matter how many times it's washed and sterilized, he knows what was in there.

He's got nothing to fear but his own agendas.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Good thing our "moderator" is doing his job again by criticizing just one side of a dispute.

Rolling Eyes

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Good thing our "moderator" is doing his job again by criticizing just one side of a dispute.

Rolling Eyes

Again, you shouldn't think of me as a moderator. We are all adults here and are capable of moderating ourselves. That said, I do occasionally have to play moderator and clean up the General Discussion section.

boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:

Someone posted, "Don't start none, there won't be none"....

Obviously that was not true.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:

Perhaps. So the natural response is to start more?

Wasn't starting more, this is new. A totally new target.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Good thing our "moderator" is doing his job again by criticizing just one side of a dispute.

Rolling Eyes

Again, you shouldn't think of me as a moderator. We are all adults here and are capable of moderating ourselves. That said, I do occasionally have to play moderator and clean up the General Discussion section.

So when you posted the message back in Nov that you would issue at least a temporary ban for those members who were out of line, you didn't really mean it. If threats and vulgarities towards other members aren't out of line, I don't know what is.

But OK. You are the boss. Your job might get easier as more people leave your forum.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Rolling Eyes

So when you posted the message back in Nov that you would issue at least a temporary ban for those members who were out of line, you didn't really mean it. If threats and vulgarities towards other members aren't out of line, I don't know what is.

But OK. You are the boss. Your job might get easier as more people leave your forum.

Well, just as internet users are free to access parts of the internet that they choose and those that they do not, forum members are free to read or engage in posts or drama that they choose, or not. Each of us has the power to moderate this forum.

When you complain about my moderation, what you're essentially saying is that I'm not doing a good enough job of cleaning up after you, and others, of course. Fair enough. Guilty as charged. Though rather than look for someone to clean up spilled milk, perhaps the better approach would be to simply get better at pouring.

I think that people want fair handed moderation. When people are referring to you as a F-Bomb, telling you that they will ruin you if they find out your identity and the like, well, I'm thinking that they'd like for this to stop.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Well, just as internet users are free to access parts of the internet that they choose and those that they do not, forum members are free to read or engage in posts or drama that they choose, or not. Each of us has the power to moderate this forum.

When you complain about my moderation, what you're essentially saying is that I'm not doing a good enough job of cleaning up after you, and others, of course. Fair enough. Guilty as charged. Though rather than look for someone to clean up spilled milk, perhaps the better approach would be to simply get better at pouring.

If I were making threats and posting people's names....you would have a point. But since I am not doing anything like that, you don't have a point.

Again, you failed to follow through on your promise.

So did you Neko.

You didn't even last 24 hours.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Wasn't starting more, this is new. A totally new target.

You really are pathetic.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:

Post the context and ask yourself why you're an idiot.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'll just say this about w_t_m. The guy is a fairly open book who is upfront in who he is. What you see is what you get. I think everyone here understands this. In terms of forum drama, to some people he is somewhat like a wasp nest. If you throw rocks at it, it's going to stir the wasps and you may get stung. This thread is a perfect example of the figurative rock.

PACEDOG, having posted on the PNJ for years, what do you expect to happen when you create a thread - like this - specifically to call w_t_m out? You're throwing rocks at the wasp nest. If you don't like the idea of a stirred up wasp nest, don't throw rocks at it!

That said, this doesn't excuse the behavior of w_t_m. I think he would be better off if he learned to let this type of thread simply roll off and look the other way. But come on. It takes two to tango. Every time there is some sort of drama infused thread that I feel I have to delete or move to the Hall of Shame, it always contains posts from the same group of players - each vehemently blaming the other side. Personally, I don't have a dog in the fight and could care less about the drama, though I think - and I feel others who watch this would agree - that if each of you exercised just 10 or 20% more restraint, if each of you stopped and thought before posting "What do I intend to accomplish with this post?", then there would be no need for moderation or for anyone to clean up the General Discussion section.

I never have to clean up posts from PkrBum, 2seaoat, MarginCall, Slice, Z, Markle, nochain, Bob, TEO, othershoe, iron sights, cola guy, newswatcher, and many many more. There are only a few players involved in posts that generate PMs to me that I ultimately have to take action on. All I can say is that the solution is not a moderator who will inject him/herself into this battle and start banning people. The solution is for those people to exercise a certain level of restraint and take responsibility for the drama that they stoke. Simple.

Anytime I get PMs from each side of this forum battle asking me to ban so-and-so, I view it as trying to fix the leaky roof by placing a larger bowl on the ground to collect the drips. The better option is to simply fix the roof and then there will be no need for a bowl. If those who regularly find themselves engaged in drama were to simply exercise 10 to 20% more restrain in their posting, the roof would be fixed and we would have no need for a bowl.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I think that people want fair handed moderation. When people are referring to you as a F-Bomb, telling you that they will ruin you if they find out your identity and the like, well, I'm thinking that they'd like for this to stop.

Would you please explain how I could ruin you...? I'm all ears.

Would I have to make up a lot of rhetoric and attribute it to you...? And who would I contact with that false narrative...? Or would your posts on this server be adequate....?

Help me understand what I can do to ruin you.

Several people have been trying to ruin me for years now. YEARS.

Should they be run off also...?

CYOA and the rest won't matter. Each of you pathos pukers can list me as a foe and never read another word from me.

Instead, you are creating threads to bait further interaction.

Yeah...that makes sense.

It also makes you look childish.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:I'll just say this about w_t_m. The guy is a fairly open book who is upfront in who he is. What you see is what you get. I think everyone here understands this. In terms of forum drama, to some people he is somewhat like a wasp nest. If you throw rocks at it, it's going to stir the wasps and you may get stung. This thread is a perfect example of the figurative rock.

PACEDOG, having posted on the PNJ for years, what do you expect to happen when you create a thread - like this - specifically to call w_t_m out? You're throwing rocks at the wasp nest. If you don't like the idea of a stirred up wasp nest, don't throw rocks at it!

That said, this doesn't excuse the behavior of w_t_m. I think he would be better off if he learned to let this type of thread simply roll off and look the other way. But come on. It takes two to tango. Every time there is some sort of drama infused thread that I feel I have to delete or move to the Hall of Shame, it always contains posts from the same group of players - each vehemently blaming the other side. Personally, I don't have a dog in the fight and could care less about the drama, though I think - and I feel others who watch this would agree - that if each of you exercised just 10 or 20% more restraint, if each of you stopped and thought before posting "What do I intend to accomplish with this post?", then there would be no need for moderation or for anyone to clean up the General Discussion section.

I never have to clean up posts from PkrBum, 2seaoat, MarginCall, Slice, Z, Markle, nochain, Bob, TEO, othershoe, iron sights, cola guy, newswatcher, and many many more. There are only a few players involved in posts that generate PMs to me that I ultimately have to take action on. All I can say is that the solution is not a moderator who will inject him/herself into this battle and start banning people. The solution is for those people to exercise a certain level of restraint and take responsibility for the drama that they stoke. Simple.

Anytime I get PMs from each side of this forum battle asking me to ban so-and-so, I view it as trying to fix the leaky roof by placing a larger bowl on the ground to collect the drips. The better option is to simply fix the roof and then there will be no need for a bowl. If those who regularly find themselves engaged in drama were to simply exercise 10 to 20% more restrain in their posting, the roof would be fixed and we would have no need for a bowl.

When did you ever have to clean up any of my posts?

That fact is, you said you would ban people who cause trouble but you have failed to follow through.

Last edited by Nekochan on 2/14/2013, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:I'll just say this about w_t_m. The guy is a fairly open book who is upfront in who he is. What you see is what you get. I think everyone here understands this. In terms of forum drama, to some people he is somewhat like a wasp nest. If you throw rocks at it, it's going to stir the wasps and you may get stung. This thread is a perfect example of the figurative rock.

I think you, as moderator, should give each of us 10 "+" reputation votes for being good-behaving posters on this forum.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I think you, as moderator, should give each of us 10 "+" reputation votes for being good-behaving posters on this forum.

I guess you're on Board's list of good behavior because WTM has never threatened you. Good for you. You should get some reward.

Still have to drag me into your fights.

You should own a bait shop.

I have never PM'd Boards and asked him to ban anybody. Wussies do that. If you can't take it-don't post here or ignore them totally. There is one poster who constantly tries to bait me and he simply doesn't exist to me because he creeps me out. Simple enough. The rest that I respond to make me laugh so I continue in the drama. It's entertainment-that's all. Nothing life changing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum