Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Obama - The SEAL that killed OBL needs a job, you listening?

+2
Captn Kaoz
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

After spiking the OBL football so many times it would seem the least BHO could do is give the guy who actually whacked Osama a job.

"The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden ... Is Screwed."

The headline encapsulates the two-fold nature of the piece: recounting the "most definitive account" (verified by a number of sources, including other SEALS) "of those crucial few seconds" in which the Shooter put three bullets into bin Laden's head; and tackling this incongruity: "that a man with hundreds of successful war missions, one of the most decorated combat veterans of our age, who capped his [16-year] career by terminating bin Laden, has no landing pad in civilian life."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/11/bin-laden-seal-shooter-esquire/1909513/

You beat me to it...sorry for the copy post...
Yes, I don't know what this man was thinking with trying to retire at 16 and be angry that he has no benefits.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:You beat me to it...sorry for the copy post...
Yes, I don't know what this man was thinking with trying to retire at 16 and be angry that he has no benefits.

I kind of have a feeling he may no longer have been physically qualified to continue as a SEAL. Still, whatever his reasons it is sad that a veteran who sacrificed for so long is simply kicked to the curb - and the VA mess is not surprising. Old Jeff Miller has failed to deliver on his many promises to fix that broken system. Of course fighting the massive inertia of the VA is sort of similar to tilting at windmills.

If he was that disabled, they would have found him a spot somewhere in the Navy, if not with the teams in admin somewhere.

Sal

Sal

Well according to the wingnuts here, this dude is either a hero who Obama should personally offer a job, or a moron who was too lazy to put in his full 20 and therefore deserves nothing.

Not to worry.

Rush is on the air, and he and FAUX News will get them on message in no time.

Sal wrote:Well according to the wingnuts here, this dude is either a hero who Obama should personally offer a job, or a moron who was too lazy to put in his full 20 and therefore deserves nothing.

Not to worry.

Rush is on the air, and he and FAUX News will get them on message in no time.

Do you always have to act like an idiot?

Hey Obama - The SEAL that killed OBL needs a job, you listening? Y-u-no-meme-generator-my-name-is-sal-the-forum-idiot-7ae070

nochain wrote:

I kind of have a feeling he may no longer have been physically qualified to continue as a SEAL. Still, whatever his reasons it is sad that a veteran who sacrificed for so long is simply kicked to the curb - and the VA mess is not surprising. Old Jeff Miller has failed to deliver on his many promises to fix that broken system. Of course fighting the massive inertia of the VA is sort of similar to tilting at windmills.

Hey asshole. Yeah, you.

He wasn't kicked to the curb...he resigned...got it...? And that makes your insipid thread title just another of your shitty attempts to slander the POTUS.

W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:

Hey asshole. Yeah, you.

He wasn't kicked to the curb...he resigned...got it...? And that makes your insipid thread title just another of your shitty attempts to slander the POTUS.

Hey FREAK, read the entire post and try to have someone explain it to you (if that's possible with your narrow but twisted thing you believe is a mind.) Kicked to the curb by the SYSTEM (read and understand dimwit - VA, etc) not by the Navy. I served 22 years in the Navy and have seen guys just get sick of it and leave with only a few years to go. And the thread title is correct dummy.

nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:

Hey asshole. Yeah, you.

Hey FREAK, read the entire post and try to have someone explain it to you (if that's possible with your narrow but twisted thing you believe is a mind.) Kicked to the curb by the SYSTEM (read and understand dimwit - VA, etc) not by the Navy. I served 22 years in the Navy and have seen guys just get sick of it and leave with only a few years to go. And the thread title is correct dummy.

Nice try to spin it, again.

He resigned (did not re-enlist).

Go fuck yourself swabby.

Last edited by W_T_M on 2/11/2013, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

[quote="W_T_M"][quote="nochain"][quote="W_T_M"]
nochain wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yy.

Nice try to spin it, again.

He resigned.

Go fuck yourself swabby.

In spite of your pitiful invective I always like to try and help those (like you) who are obviously bitter about their many inadequacies. I saw this book title and thought, WOW - that is perfect for white trash man - -perhaps it will help him understand his stupidity problem. If you can't handle it try to get someone in your trailer park to look through it for you.

Hey Obama - The SEAL that killed OBL needs a job, you listening? Bd_4_dummies

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Enlisted personnel cannot resign. They must wait until their enlistment expires before they can get out. He spent 16 years in the Navy, he was well aware of what his benefits would be if he got out prior to reaching the 20 year point.

To me the more interesting thing is this is the 3rd high profile SEAL who has gotten out prior to reaching the 20 year point. It may be the back to back to back deployments. The OPTEMPO is not conducive for having a family.

Mr Shooter, you are truly a hero and envied by most Americans who would have liked to take that shot you did. But that does not qualify you for retired benefits.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The only thing I can glean from all this is that this veteran's benefits are nothing compared to those of Congress. I see now that he has injuries that will probably (eventually) qualify him for disability. I see also that his wife left him, but that really doesn't seem related to his current situation...just another military wife who got tired of having an absent husband...nothing new there.

The military should have done right by this guy...it appears they failed.

Ok i have read this article and i am curious, as he had either 16 or 17 years (36 months is 3 years, 20-3=17) was he released from service due to medical issues (as he is apparently waiting for his disability benefits), or did he simply not re-enlist. And how long has he sought a job, it appears according to the article that the navy offered him a job in Milwaukee, but it hasn't really said what he wants to do or what he has looked at other then saying that he doesn't want to do private security. This article is extremely brief and not giving anything in the way of details for us to actually have a decent discussion or debate on this issue.

Ironsights wrote:Ok i have read this article and i am curious, as he had either 16 or 17 years (36 months is 3 years, 20-3=17) was he released from service due to medical issues (as he is apparently waiting for his disability benefits), or did he simply not re-enlist. And how long has he sought a job, it appears according to the article that the navy offered him a job in Milwaukee, but it hasn't really said what he wants to do or what he has looked at other then saying that he doesn't want to do private security. This article is extremely brief and not giving anything in the way of details for us to actually have a decent discussion or debate on this issue.

Stop it right now.

Do not try to introduce reason and logic to this thread.

You'll putcher eye out, kid.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ironsights wrote:Ok i have read this article and i am curious, as he had either 16 or 17 years (36 months is 3 years, 20-3=17) was he released from service due to medical issues (as he is apparently waiting for his disability benefits), or did he simply not re-enlist. And how long has he sought a job, it appears according to the article that the navy offered him a job in Milwaukee, but it hasn't really said what he wants to do or what he has looked at other then saying that he doesn't want to do private security. This article is extremely brief and not giving anything in the way of details for us to actually have a decent discussion or debate on this issue.

I don't know why he would quit 3 or 4 years before he could draw a pension. I would think that a sailor in his position (having killed Bin Laden) could have requested and gotten pretty much whatever orders he wanted for the next 3-4 years, within reason.

Dittos. I think there is more to this than we know or appreciate. He could have parlayed his act of war and made a lot of money.

It just does not make any sense.

2seaoat

I have never killed somebody. I do not think anybody wants to kill someone. Shooting a person no matter how noble folks around you make the event........if you are a feeling human being.......well.....he will have a burden the rest of his life. I can only hope each of our veterans who are dealing with psychological burdens can be treated fairly, and that we understand our obligation does not end as a nation.......but with help, hopefully he will have a full life.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I am not sure what issues the Seal has. And Bin Laden may not be the first or only person he killed. We usually do not ever hear about all of the work that SEALS do. It's secret stuff mostly. It may be that the notoriety that came with killing Bin Laden is the thing the man has had trouble dealing with and why he left the Navy. Who knows. But whatever the reason, I would be very doubtful that the Navy wouldn't work with him on some pretty good orders (meaning NOT in Afghanistan) so that he would be able to draw a pension after 20 years.

Good to see you posting Seaoat.

Nekochan wrote:
I don't know why he would quit 3 or 4 years before he could draw a pension. I would think that a sailor in his position (having killed Bin Laden) could have requested and gotten pretty much whatever orders he wanted for the next 3-4 years, within reason.

I do not think he quit, I think he was not allowed to re-enlist. The Navy is trying to shed sailors, basically they have to many. Many sailors have chosen to stay in because of the shitty economy so the normal cycles of sailors joining and separating has become extremely lop sided. So they are forcing them out either by not allowing them to re-enlist or by ERB's(Enlistment Retention Board). No one has figured out how it works or what exact criteria are determined if a sailor is terminated out of contract early or denied re-enlistment by ERB but many sailors usually mid career are the ones that get screwed, BTW mid career is considered 7 years to 15 years.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/08/10/sailors-sue-government-over-erb-dismissals.html

http://rigell.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=306286

Nekochan

Nekochan

I find it hard to believe that the Navy would force him out, given his history.
But who knows.

OK, here is what the link says:

The plaintiffs are among the nearly 3,000 sailors dismissed after a career review process, implemented last year, sought to thin the Navy’s overmanned ranks. An enlisted retention board reviewed the records of 15,386 sailors with seven to 15 years of experience in the ranks of E-4 through E-8. Sailors chosen for separation must leave the Navy by Sept. 1. As of July 25, 632 sailors had already separated from the Navy, said Navy spokesman Lt. Matt Allen.

What I am saying is that the SEAL who killed Bin Laden has a special record. I don't think he'd be forced out.

Last edited by Nekochan on 2/11/2013, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

alecto wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

I do not think he quit, I think he was not allowed to re-enlist. The Navy is trying to shed sailors, basically they have to many. Many sailors have chosen to stay in because of the shitty economy so the normal cycles of sailors joining and separating has become extremely lop sided. So they are forcing them out either by not allowing them to re-enlist or by ERB's(Enlistment Retention Board). No one has figured out how it works or what exact criteria are determined if a sailor is terminated out of contract early or denied re-enlistment by ERB but many sailors usually mid career are the ones that get screwed, BTW mid career is considered 7 years to 15 years.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/08/10/sailors-sue-government-over-erb-dismissals.html

[url=http://rigell.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=306286
http://rigell.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=306286[/quote[/url]]

I highly doubt he was "Shed". SOF forces are going through unprecedented expansion with the asymmetrical threats that this nation confronts. They can't get enough "qualified" people to make it through the training to begin with, much less let a guy go with this type of experience.
Considering his background, there is SOMETHING that the Navy could have let this guy do to get to his 20.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
alecto wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

[url=http://rigell.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=306286
http://rigell.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=306286[/quote[/url]]

I highly doubt he was "Shed". SOF forces are going through unprecedented expansion with the asymmetrical threats that this nation confronts. They can't get enough "qualified" people to make it through the training to begin with, much less let a guy go with this type of experience.
Considering his background, there is SOMETHING that the Navy could have let this guy do to get to his 20.

I agree and until I read something that makes a valid point for being something different, I believe that it was the SEAL's choice not the Navy's.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Well here is why I say this. He thought he was going to get some types of benefits, I'm sure he knew if he stayed for 20 he would be taken care of but with these ERB's it would be easy to see how he thought he might be entitled to some type of benefits. That is why sailors are in an uproar over these ERB's, there is no logical reason for dismissing someone, almost like they just drew names out of a hat and said good bye. Most of these Mid career sailors that were ERBed out sued the navy because they were let go only to have the navy offer bonuses to junior sailors to fill their spots. Whats that tell ya. Experience does not matter, it is about the math. Mid career sailors cost more and will more than likely stay until retirement, Junior sailors are cheaper and expendable,they will push them through the basic training requirements just to fill quotas. Seen that happen numerous times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum