Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There must be something about Amerika we Can be Proud Of ... right?

+6
Markle
NaNook
Hospital Bob
PBulldog2
Captn Kaoz
Wordslinger
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Far right senators vote against helping victims of storm Sandy, it's okay for our President to select and have killed any American he wants to, here or abroad, without any legal oversight. It's okay to torture or send our captives to foreign countries for "outsourced" torture, it's okay for the government to listen to anything you say or write or text, etc., without a warrant. It's okay to arrest and detain any group of protestors for any reason, for the 127 children who were blown apart by our drones which were aimed at possibly members or supporters of Al Qaida, based on possible intel that they might or may have been involved in plots against Americans, well kids, it's like this: YOU DON'T COUNT. And on the other hand, we're ready to incarcerate a mother who terminated her pregnancy. As for the relatives of any of the 4,000 plus American troops who were killed in Iraq, somebody please tell them their loss counted for something ... anything. I suppose we should also be proud about the schools in Texas and other deep south states who teach creationist hoopla as science. Maybe I'm missing the good points ... like how we still subsidize big oil companies and declare global warming a myth. And how about all those selfless, public servants raking in big salaries in Washington on our behalf ... you know, .. our elected representatives and senators who should all be wearing jumpsuits covered in sponsor logos.

Yessir ... it's sure great to be an Amerikan.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

It's a free country and you're free to go. Don't let the door hit you in the AZZ on the way out.

Wordslinger wrote:Far right senators vote against helping victims of storm Sandy, it's okay for our President to select and have killed any American he wants to, here or abroad, without any legal oversight. It's okay to torture or send our captives to foreign countries for "outsourced" torture, it's okay for the government to listen to anything you say or write or text, etc., without a warrant. It's okay to arrest and detain any group of protestors for any reason, for the 127 children who were blown apart by our drones which were aimed at possibly members or supporters of Al Qaida, based on possible intel that they might or may have been involved in plots against Americans, well kids, it's like this: YOU DON'T COUNT. And on the other hand, we're ready to incarcerate a mother who terminated her pregnancy. As for the relatives of any of the 4,000 plus American troops who were killed in Iraq, somebody please tell them their loss counted for something ... anything. I suppose we should also be proud about the schools in Texas and other deep south states who teach creationist hoopla as science. Maybe I'm missing the good points ... like how we still subsidize big oil companies and declare global warming a myth. And how about all those selfless, public servants raking in big salaries in Washington on our behalf ... you know, .. our elected representatives and senators who should all be wearing jumpsuits covered in sponsor logos.

Its a country where you can say this and not be taken away and thrown in jail at least. Its a country where you can post whatever trash you want and not fear any legal repercussions for it. Its a country which still (as of this post) gives value to its freedoms. Its a country where you can yell loudly about how evil the current or former president is without fear of a lawsuit. Where you can make a cartoon ridiculing our celebrities, politicians, and other public figures without fear of reprisal from the government. Where we can protest the anything and everything. Where we can voice in public, on the news or anywhere else about the scandals of our politicians without the government coming down on us. Where we can actually have debate on issues and look at the real science behind the issues of creationism, evolution, global warming, and anything else we desire. where you can read, practice and be a part of any religion you so choose. where we can say wait that is too much pork we don't want to pass it till we only get the aid that goes to those sandy victims, where we can get the pork passed on the bill that will help our towns, counties and states. Where while the majority may call for the incarceration of the mother who aborts her fetus, she can still do so without going to jail over it. And these are just some of the things that make this country the United States of America so great. what we go over and fought for, what we still fight for and shed our blood for.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ironsights wrote:

Its a country where you can say this and not be taken away and thrown in jail at least. Its a country where you can post whatever trash you want and not fear any legal repercussions for it. Its a country which still (as of this post) gives value to its freedoms. Its a country where you can yell loudly about how evil the current or former president is without fear of a lawsuit. Where you can make a cartoon ridiculing our celebrities, politicians, and other public figures without fear of reprisal from the government. Where we can protest the anything and everything. Where we can voice in public, on the news or anywhere else about the scandals of our politicians without the government coming down on us. Where we can actually have debate on issues and look at the real science behind the issues of creationism, evolution, global warming, and anything else we desire. where you can read, practice and be a part of any religion you so choose. where we can say wait that is too much pork we don't want to pass it till we only get the aid that goes to those sandy victims, where we can get the pork passed on the bill that will help our towns, counties and states. Where while the majority may call for the incarceration of the mother who aborts her fetus, she can still do so without going to jail over it. And these are just some of the things that make this country the United States of America so great. what we go over and fought for, what we still fight for and shed our blood for.

Good post, Iron.

Ironsights wrote:

There must be something about Amerika we Can be Proud Of ... right? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbT0Ddm29b3pOAahL2V6OO8bzpflwg9wAA5vbtEq0Fay1Kh6ZlaA

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4OMNR5vD4

Smile

Captn Kaoz wrote:It's a free country and you're free to go. Don't let the door hit you in the AZZ on the way out.

I second that motion. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Captn Kaoz wrote:It's a free country and you're free to go. Don't let the door hit you in the AZZ on the way out.

Thanks for helping make my point ... like there aren't enough redneck azzholes to deal with ... LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Ironsights wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Far right senators vote against helping victims of storm Sandy, it's okay for our President to select and have killed any American he wants to, here or abroad, without any legal oversight. It's okay to torture or send our captives to foreign countries for "outsourced" torture, it's okay for the government to listen to anything you say or write or text, etc., without a warrant. It's okay to arrest and detain any group of protestors for any reason, for the 127 children who were blown apart by our drones which were aimed at possibly members or supporters of Al Qaida, based on possible intel that they might or may have been involved in plots against Americans, well kids, it's like this: YOU DON'T COUNT. And on the other hand, we're ready to incarcerate a mother who terminated her pregnancy. As for the relatives of any of the 4,000 plus American troops who were killed in Iraq, somebody please tell them their loss counted for something ... anything. I suppose we should also be proud about the schools in Texas and other deep south states who teach creationist hoopla as science. Maybe I'm missing the good points ... like how we still subsidize big oil companies and declare global warming a myth. And how about all those selfless, public servants raking in big salaries in Washington on our behalf ... you know, .. our elected representatives and senators who should all be wearing jumpsuits covered in sponsor logos.

Tell Bradley Manning or the CIA guy or any of the several whistleblowers who are being prosecuted by your government for exposing the government's evil deeds about our freedom of speech.

And just which "freedoms" do you think we're still valuing? Would one of them be your right to be free of unlawful search and seizure? Seriously, I'd like to know which of our freedoms are still being honored by our government of the rich, for the rich and by the rich.

And which freedoms are we "fighting" for right now? Tell me about the wonderfulness of our war on Iraq or Afghanistan. Tell me why all the Americans who got killed over there were killed protecting our freedom.

Bullpucky.

Wordslinger wrote:

Thanks for helping make my point ... like there aren't enough redneck azzholes to deal with ... LOL

You know you can find bad things wrong with any thing. You seem to focus on trying to find bad things wrong with America a lot.

This country may not be perfect, because perfection doesnt exist for mortals. But its one hellava damn great country and as the others said. No one is keeping you here.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think the first posts to this thread of both wordslinger and ironsight are equally excellent. As good as anything going.

And I'm not being patronizing and not trying to avoid taking sides. I have no other reason or agenda or motive for saying that other than I really do believe it.
It's simply that there is a lot of truth in the things (criticisms) wordslinger pointed out.
And there is equally a lot of truth in the things (defenses) ironsight pointed out.
They may appear to be in conflict but they really aren't. The two posts just perfectly complement each other.

I guess that's what defines me as a "far-middle, fence-sitter, centrist toaster" as Sal says. lol

Wordslinger wrote:
Ironsights wrote:

Tell Bradley Manning or the CIA guy or any of the several whistleblowers who are being prosecuted by your government for exposing the government's evil deeds about our freedom of speech.

And just which "freedoms" do you think we're still valuing? Would one of them be your right to be free of unlawful search and seizure? Seriously, I'd like to know which of our freedoms are still being honored by our government of the rich, for the rich and by the rich.

And which freedoms are we "fighting" for right now? Tell me about the wonderfulness of our war on Iraq or Afghanistan. Tell me why all the Americans who got killed over there were killed protecting our freedom.

Bullpucky.
Bradley Manning was going to JAIL even before he deliberately downloaded and sent classified info to Wikileaks as he has physically struck an NCO, who then turned around and whipped his arse, before filing charges on him herself. Yes, he got a beat down by a female.
For jeapordizing national security, he should be given the death penalty.

NaNook

NaNook

We do not subsidize Big Oil, Period. Compare XOM to AAPL. Which company employs the most people in the USA? It ain't AAPL. Who makes the most profit %?, it ain't XOM. Why is high Tech profit OK and basic material profit not OK? AAPL makes their PHONES in SLAVE CAMPS in China. You already know that, right?

Speaking about the schools in Texas, who cares? You can educate your kids, home schooling is popular. If you don't like public education, teach your kids. I paid big bucks for Catholic Schools for my kids. Do what you want...

You need to get off of the, "Deep South Background", slaves built Harvard and Yale. Hell, NYC hung Blacks around Central Park from lamp posts during the War Between the States. The New England states were the worst slave owners. They enslaved anyone of color, debt, orphans, etc. It's there for everyone to read. I wonder why young teenaged girls whose family was in debt were "sold"? Get it? It was happening in the early 1900s, let's say 1916.

Push your BS on another "LOW INFORMATION VOTER", BTW, in OHIO, a major voting fraud......we'll see what happens.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

NaNook wrote: "LOW INFORMATION VOTER"

Just for those who don't listen to him, that's a term Rush Limbaugh invented to refer to anyone who didn't vote Republican.
It signifies that anyone who voted Republican did so because they were more and better informed than anyone who voted Democrat.
In other words, it means that the hicks who call the WEBY call-in shows and can barely rub two words together (those two words usually being "obama" and "antichrist") are all more and better informed than Colin Powell or Warren Buffet.

But in fairness, the media performers on MSNBC say stuff that's just as narrow-minded and ignorant as the stuff Limbaugh says.
I have to throw that in to keep my "far-middle fence-sitter centrist" label. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:Far right senators vote against helping victims of storm Sandy, it's okay for our President to select and have killed any American he wants to, here or abroad, without any legal oversight.

I have to caution you at this point. You've committed the worst offense of all with that. You've expressed BOTH a blue-state opinion AND a red-state opinion. BOTH a far-left liberal progressive opinion AND a far-right conservative opinion. BOTH a democrat opinion AND a republican opinion. BOTH an MSNBC opinion AND a Fox/News opinion.
And what's worse, you've expressed both in back to back sentences.

That's not allowed in our country's political dialogue. It will be taken as a weakness on your part. Ann Coulter will say you have the IQ of a toaster.
And so will Ed Schultz.
We'll excuse it as a lapse of judgement just this one time. But from now on always pick one side or the other and always express only that side's opinions. Anything else makes you a far-middle fence-sitting centrist who is not to be taken seriously.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Gee thanks Bob! I needed that. Sometimes I break the rules without meaning to. But hey, what the hell --- what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong, red or blue. And, you're right again ... that makes me un-Amerikan!

Bob wrote:I think the first posts to this thread of both wordslinger and ironsight are equally excellent. As good as anything going.

And I'm not being patronizing and not trying to avoid taking sides. I have no other reason or agenda or motive for saying that other than I really do believe it.
It's simply that there is a lot of truth in the things (criticisms) wordslinger pointed out.
And there is equally a lot of truth in the things (defenses) ironsight pointed out.
They may appear to be in conflict but they really aren't. The two posts just perfectly complement each other.

I guess that's what defines me as a "far-middle, fence-sitter, centrist toaster" as Sal says. lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The thing is, if you don't shout out what's wrong in this country it never gets fixed. For of all you who think Amerika is just fine the way it is, thanks for reminding us of the Weimar Republic.

Markle

Markle

Havent't changed have you?

You know you are lying about the funds for Hurricane Sandy. The states themselves said they had enough money from FEMA until Spring. The House and Senate voted a little of $9 billion for immediate relief and that was enough for the time being.

A total of $60 BILLION has already been approved with billions in pork. Republicans were attempting to strip some of the port out of the bill. Your Progressive comrades refused. MOST of the money won't be spent until 2014 so forget about emergency help.

Part of the money, $125 MILLION is going to help fisheries in...ALASKA.

How is it that President George Walker Bush and Congress was able to pass a $51.8 BILLION relief bill for Hurricane Katrina in only ten (10) days as opposed to this nightmare?

knothead

knothead

I agree with Bob . . . . . . both positions, enunciated by slinger and ironsight seem diametrically opposed but both have merit. Slinger is also correct that if American citizens cannot confront honest flaws how we will ever develop a consensus of how to fix those flaws? Bob is a self described fence sitter but his view is something I would gravitate to more than telling people we disagree with to just leave the country nonsense.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead wrote: Bob is a self described fence sitter
The "self-described" part is only me mocking others who call me a fence-sitter. lol
I've pointed out many times that I have "far-right" positions, "far-left" positions, and "far-middle" positions. (I have no use for labels so whenever I use them it's always tongue-in-cheek).

An example of an extreme right position would be that I would favor the death penalty (with public executions) for anyone convicted of armed robbery, home invasion, "drive-by shooting" or any similiar crime of violence perpetrated with firearms. And once a DNA test confirms guilt for any capital crime, I would then favor putting the person to death in a timely fashion.
That is an extreme "right" position. Not a "centrist" position and not "fence-sitting".

An example of an extreme left position would be that I really don't give a crap about abortion. I don't even want a mother to give birth to a child who is not wanted by the biological parents. Sure sometimes adoption works, but for every successful adoption there is another child unwanted by it's parents which doesn't work. I've personally seen too much of that so holy-rolling anti-abortionists need not bother to tell me otherwise.
That is an extreme "left" position. Not a "centrist" position and not "fence-sitting".

I'm really sick and tired of the notion that anyone who doesn't cowtow to one or the other of those two damn labels has to be a "centrist" or a "moderate" or a "fence-sitter". That's just a myth being spread by the sean hannitys and the ed schultzes and the ann coulters and the rest of those silly tv and radio performers.

Last edited by Bob on 2/9/2013, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually, the application of those terms "left" and "right" is usually not even appropriate.
Traditionally (and "conservatives" are supposed to value tradition), those terms were reserved to describe an economic continuum. "Left" being socialist and "right" being capitalist.
It's not even appropriate to apply those terms to most of the issues they're applied to. Most of the time "liberal" and "conservative" are what is appropriate.
So many nowadays want to make "right" synonymous with "conservative" and "left" synonymous with "liberal" and use the words interchangeably. And all that serves to do is dumb down the use of the language and dumb down the communication of ideas. And that too can be attributed to the rise of the sean hannitys and the ed schultzes and the rest of those media clowns.

NaNook wrote:

We do not subsidize Big Oil, Period. Compare XOM to AAPL. Which company employs the most people in the USA? It ain't AAPL. Who makes the most profit %?, it ain't XOM. Why is high Tech profit OK and basic material profit not OK? AAPL makes their PHONES in SLAVE CAMPS in China. You already know that, right?

Speaking about the schools in Texas, who cares? You can educate your kids, home schooling is popular. If you don't like public education, teach your kids. I paid big bucks for Catholic Schools for my kids. Do what you want...

You need to get off of the, "Deep South Background", slaves built Harvard and Yale. Hell, NYC hung Blacks around Central Park from lamp posts during the War Between the States. The New England states were the worst slave owners. They enslaved anyone of color, debt, orphans, etc. It's there for everyone to read. I wonder why young teenaged girls whose family was in debt were "sold"? Get it? It was happening in the early 1900s, let's say 1916.

Push your BS on another "LOW INFORMATION VOTER", BTW, in OHIO, a major voting fraud......we'll see what happens.

Yeah, aren't we proud of our great history of hanging blacks and slavery. What a great country! As for public schools in Texas, I couldn't think of a worse education than sending your kids to Catholic schools to be indoctrinated by that all that narrow minded and guilt ridden bullshit. And you paid big money for that! Congratulations for continuing the legacy of hate and intolerance to another generation.

Dreamsglore wrote:
NaNook wrote:

Yeah, aren't we proud of our great history of hanging blacks and slavery. What a great country! As for public schools in Texas, I couldn't think of a worse education than sending your kids to Catholic schools to be indoctrinated by that all that narrow minded and guilt ridden bullshit. And you paid big money for that! Congratulations for continuing the legacy of hate and intolerance to another generation.

Not surpising that dreams is another American hater.

And she tries to use some narrow minded out dated guilt ridden bullshit to point the finger about narrow minded guilt ridden bull shit lol

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
NaNook wrote:

And she tries to use some narrow minded out dated guilt ridden bullshit to point the finger about narrow minded guilt ridden bull shit lol

You make no sense at all. Rolling Eyes Hate and intolerance are never outdated.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
NaNook wrote:

I made perfect sense for anyone with a brain. Again you try to point out hate and intolerance by using hate and intolerance LOL

You funny.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
NaNook wrote:

I made perfect sense for anyone with a brain. Again you try to point out hate and intolerance by using hate and intolerance LOL

You funny.

Wrong as usual. I'm just a former catholic who knows what their talking about while you're just an embarrassment who keeps yakking out their rear end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum