Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child who says he was spanked by Dollar General clerk describes 'torture'

+2
Sal
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Where were the parents while this brat was running through the store? What the clerk did was illegal...you can't do what the parents should have done years ago.

Interesting clip.....time stamp 1:09 shows the kitchen counter in the parents home. Let me ask you, if you were being filmed would you remove the empty beer cans and bottles from the kitchen counter?

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/275803/40/Child-who-says-he-was-spanked-by-store-clerk-describes-torture

Sal

Sal

The clerk shoulda shot him dead in his tracks.

This is Amurica, dammit!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Clerk shouldn't have touched the child.

My Dad would have shown me a real spanking if I was acting bad enough for a stranger to swat me.

But I agree that the clerk was wrong and should face a charge in this day and age... there needs to be a record.

PkrBum wrote:My Dad would have shown me a real spanking if I was acting bad enough for a stranger to swat me.

But I agree that the clerk was wrong and should face a charge in this day and age... there needs to be a record.

I completely agree, although it would have been my mama issuing the first spankin' and not my daddy. Then when Dad got home from work, there would have been an extremely stern and powerful lecture (and possibly a second whipping with a belt) that would never be forgotten.

That said, not a one of us would have ever DARED to misbehave as this little shit did either in public OR at home. I predict that due to poor parenting this little brat will grow up and get into a whole pile of trouble.

Joanimaroni wrote:Where were the parents while this brat was running through the store? What the clerk did was illegal...you can't do what the parents should have done years ago.

Interesting clip.....time stamp 1:09 shows the kitchen counter in the parents home. Let me ask you, if you were being filmed would you remove the empty beer cans and bottles from the kitchen counter?

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/275803/40/Child-who-says-he-was-spanked-by-store-clerk-describes-torture

Were my home being filmed, more than likely there would be no beer cans and Red Solo Cups on the counter to have to clean up in the first place. But YES, if there happened to be I most CERTAINLY would have performed some quick clean-up!!

And I agree... where the heck were the parents while this little brat was running around terrorizing the store?? But if anyone laid hand on MY child, they'd be fortunate to not receive the same in-kind.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I won't say my kids never acted up in a store....but I can damn sure guarantee they never talked back or threw something at an adult.

If confronted, they would have been shaking in their boots rather than smart-mouthing someone...much less throwing stuff.

Threatening a child with violence can be quite effective.

Especially when that threat is in public and has some basis of impending reality lesson, or as you all might say...an attitude adjustment.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The clerk was wrong and should have never touched the child. The clerk should have spoken with the kid's mother. But what is amazing is that the mother had no idea that the child was being spanked? Dollar General stores are not that large, and you would think that if a clerk took a belt to the boy, the mom would have been no further away from the child than just around the corner.

It does scare me seeing the way so many kids are being brought up today. It scares me for our future.

Jake92

The child should be charged with shoplifting for stealing the cookies he threw at the clerk. If mommy and daddy raise a bunch of crap about it, they should be brought up to the local judge to explain their child neglect. The clerk should have called the cops instead if hitting the child, but they might be about the same as P'cola judges and get away with a slap on the hand.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Shoplifting. That's a good point, Jake.

Jake92

Mommy probably picked the cookies off of the shelf and gave them to the little brat to settle him down. They should have charged the child or mommy with shoplifting. I hope the store never allows them to walk thru the door again..

NEKO SAID:
The clerk was wrong and should have never touched the child. The clerk should have spoken with the kid's mother. But what is amazing is that the mother had no idea that the child was being spanked? Dollar General stores are not that large, and you would think that if a clerk took a belt to the boy, the mom would have been no further away from the child than just around the corner.

It does scare me seeing the way so many kids are being brought up today. It scares me for our future.

Weird... There aren't "QUOTE" buttons on a bunch of the thread posts... I'mma have to inquire with Boards about that. Anyhoo...

I COMPLETELY 110% AGREE WITH YOU, and I gave you a +1 for your post. The only addition I have to make to your post is that being whipped by a belt makes quite a loud noise, and the little brat in question was whipped TWENTY-FIVE TIMES. And so, with the relatively small size of Dollar Generals in mind... how the HECK did the Mom not HEAR what was going on, even if we acknowledge that the idiot was not paying attention (as in watching) her little brat??

It certainly does seem that child rearing is going down the tubes. Scary... they'll be taking care of US someday! pale

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, exactly, Rice--wouldn't the mother have heard the clerk at first interacting with the child and then using the belt on him? It makes no sense to me.

Nekochan wrote:Yes, exactly, Rice--wouldn't the mother have heard the clerk at first interacting with the child and then using the belt on him? It makes no sense to me.

Right... the article first posted mentioned "neglect" with reference to the parents/mother. That seems completely appropriate to me.

riceme wrote:
NEKO SAID:

Weird... There aren't "QUOTE" buttons on a bunch of the thread posts... I'mma have to inquire with Boards about that. Anyhoo...

I COMPLETELY 110% AGREE WITH YOU, and I gave you a +1 for your post. The only addition I have to make to your post is that being whipped by a belt makes quite a loud noise, and the little brat in question was whipped TWENTY-FIVE TIMES. And so, with the relatively small size of Dollar Generals in mind... how the HECK did the Mom not HEAR what was going on, even if we acknowledge that the idiot was not paying attention (as in watching) her little brat??

It certainly does seem that child rearing is going down the tubes. Scary... they'll be taking care of US someday! pale

I heard she was on her free Obama phone updating her facebook status to available.

cool1

cool1

Floridatexan wrote:

EXACTLY Evil or Very Mad

cool1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

EXACTLY Evil or Very Mad

BINGO...!!!!

Child who says he was spanked by Dollar General clerk describes 'torture' 0_258_zpsf652cb2c

I was raised under the adage that "A child is to be seen and not heard" and I certainly didn't raise hell out in public (until I was on my own - LOL)

My kids weren't raised in a stern environment, but they didn't raise a ruckus anywhere in public either.

If the were to do so, I would be the one to administer punishment to my kids. If someone laid a hand on one of my kids, I think I just may have wound up in the pokey... AFTER administering punishment of my own on the clerk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum