Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To shoot, or not to shoot?

+2
Jake92
gulfbeachbandit
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 3:30 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Rice, that story is sooo sad. Nobody should have to go through that.

=====

As for the thread, there's no justification for shooting someone who is LEAVING your property unless they have shot you first and you are trying to retaliate.

Anyone remember what happened in Jay about two years ago? Big party, two AA kids with caucasian gfs show up and the crowd goes ballistic. The AA men draw guns without pointing them at anyone because, again, the crowd has turned hostile. They slowly back up to their car and then "Bo and Luke Duke it" to the property line. Just as the car gets to the fence, the property owner had retrieved a deer rifle and shoots at the car. Said shots go into the car from the rear as they are exiting the land and kills one of the passengers.

Jay man got 30 years. Nuf said. You can't shoot someone making a retreat from your property.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/126370/19/Jay-Florida-Black-teenager-shot-at-white-mans-party

http://www.northescambia.com/2011/07/robert-floyd-sentenced-to-30-years-for-shooting-brewton-teen

Yes but there is a difference in that case and the one presented had the man done this in Florida, per the current legislation since the individuals had committed the crime of breaking in his house he could shoot and kill them under complete justification in the house, out of the house or the car or wherever.

Though if such a thing ever, ever happens to anyone here you may think about either following rice's advice or just planting a kitchen knife or another firearm in their dead hands or something.
just saying

27To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 3:48 am

Ironsights wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Rice, that story is sooo sad. Nobody should have to go through that.

=====

As for the thread, there's no justification for shooting someone who is LEAVING your property unless they have shot you first and you are trying to retaliate.

Anyone remember what happened in Jay about two years ago? Big party, two AA kids with caucasian gfs show up and the crowd goes ballistic. The AA men draw guns without pointing them at anyone because, again, the crowd has turned hostile. They slowly back up to their car and then "Bo and Luke Duke it" to the property line. Just as the car gets to the fence, the property owner had retrieved a deer rifle and shoots at the car. Said shots go into the car from the rear as they are exiting the land and kills one of the passengers.

Jay man got 30 years. Nuf said. You can't shoot someone making a retreat from your property.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/126370/19/Jay-Florida-Black-teenager-shot-at-white-mans-party

http://www.northescambia.com/2011/07/robert-floyd-sentenced-to-30-years-for-shooting-brewton-teen

Yes but there is a difference in that case and the one presented had the man done this in Florida, per the current legislation since the individuals had committed the crime of breaking in his house he could shoot and kill them under complete justification in the house, out of the house or the car or wherever.

Though if such a thing ever, ever happens to anyone here you may think about either following rice's advice or just planting a kitchen knife or another firearm in their dead hands or something.
just saying

Maybe? Are you willing to take your chances on killing someone over property that they have stolen when they never presented themselves as a real threat to you?

I'm not killing people over "things" that can be replaced with insurance policies.

It would be different if they took a shot at me (my family) and missed. There would be a signature of gunpowder on their hands that forensics would prove that they did engage in gunplay. Then it would be "Katy bar the doors" because I would be justified in shooting back.

A crowbar when breaking and entering doesn't justify deadly force. Once the owner rolled up to the house, they bolted.

28To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 4:15 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Maybe? Are you willing to take your chances on killing someone over property that they have stolen when they never presented themselves as a real threat to you?

I'm not killing people over "things" that can be replaced with insurance policies.

It would be different if they took a shot at me (my family) and missed. There would be a signature of gunpowder on their hands that forensics would prove that they did engage in gunplay. Then it would be "Katy bar the doors" because I would be justified in shooting back.

A crowbar when breaking and entering doesn't justify deadly force. Once the owner rolled up to the house, they bolted.
I was more pointing out that if he had done so in Florida he would have been justified.

as for the crowbar or other weapon they can kill people just as well as a gun. and it doesn't even run out of bullets. And even if they had a gun i would shoot first and not ask questions because if you wait till they fire first you may not get a chance to fire back.

29To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 4:53 am

Ironsights wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I was more pointing out that if he had done so in Florida he would have been justified.

as for the crowbar or other weapon they can kill people just as well as a gun. and it doesn't even run out of bullets. And even if they had a gun i would shoot first and not ask questions because if you wait till they fire first you may not get a chance to fire back.

The perps tried to run off and as in the Jay case, running makes it a non-justifiable homicide. See the Jay case I quoted bro. Dude is doing hard time from capping men who actually retreated from his property and he shot them anyhow.

30To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 5:18 am

=====

.../snip/...

"Sad" isn't the word I would use, but I certainly appreciate your sentiment, PD.

I figure that what has not yet killed me has made me stronger, meaner and tougher... much to the detriment of the next sorry SOB who pulls any such horseshit on me. Plus, I learned a lot of extremely valuable things from the experience... like to not sleep with my shotgun 4-foot out of my reach :].

Honestly when I think back on it, the first thing that usually comes to mind is that I am grateful that I was so shocked and pissed off that I could not actually feel having been tased. 'Cos as I understand it, it doesn't exactly tickle.

31To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 6:45 am

cool1

cool1

riceme wrote:
cool1 wrote:
I agree , Knowing you have a gun maybe they wont come after your home again--sometimes ya get hit twice--first was so easy ,lets do it again- Laughing

Thanks cool. I don't live in Kansas anymore... moved back home to my family and my mountains a year ago, and no one except my daddy and my best friend's dad -- who lives just down the hill from me -- know exactly where I live, which is behind a locked gate. I have always been an extremely private person when it came to letting folks know where I lived, not to mention a certified Level 1 Hermit, but that experience threw me into the totally paranoid category.

Thank god I always sleep with my Springfield XD-40 under my pillow because that guy meant business... He was dressed head-to-toe in black, complete with a ski mask and thin leather gloves, and he was a real big guy... well over 6-foot, and very muscled. I sleep like a rock, and he'd already unrolled me from my blanket burrito, if you will, and I am grateful I was sleeping in panties and a t-shirt (as that's a lot more than I normally sleep in).

Him tasing my between my legs was what woke me up, but unfortunate for him, it did not have the desired affect. I awoke PISSED OFF, KICKING AND HITTING, which was very clearly not at ALL what he expected. As soon as I got a strong kick in his abdomen, he took a hesitant step back and I took that opportunity to reach under my pillow to grab my pistol and level at him, screaming as loud as I could that I would blow his head off. He ran, and I never could catch up to him or get in a clean shot.

In hindsight, I would not have issued the warning and simply would have shot him.

Oh my word I would have shot him dead and I wouldnt have thaought about it -O my goodness-that sob wouldnt come back to your house---my my--having that gun saved you --If it not for the gun --well no telling what would have happned Surprised

32To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 8:06 am

cool1 wrote:
Oh my word I would have shot him dead and I wouldnt have thaought about it -O my goodness-that sob wouldnt come back to your house---my my--having that gun saved you --If it not for the gun --well no telling what would have happned Surprised

My mom thinks that my immediate response to fight from the split second I was awoken is what truly saved me. She is probably the toughest lady I know, but she insists to this day that had that happened to her, she would have been paralyzed by fear and would not so much as been able to scream, much less fight him off to be able to get the opportunity to grab the pistol.

With that in mind, I am EVER SO GRATEFUL for all the many self defense courses I took over the years... street fighting (dirty, no rules, use anything near you as a weapon), hand-to-hand, grappling, firearms, and an ex-boyfriend had a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and taught me some pretty mean tricks. But all of the CLASSES that I took were ladies-only, so they focused on the issues that a woman faces when being attacked by someone who is much stronger and larger than she is.

In *every* single class that I took I remember addressing the issue of being paralyzed by fear. I guess it was just a matter of practice, repetition, and gratefully it was an automatic response for me to fight back as soon as I realized that something was wrong. Should something like that ever happen again, the next SOB won't receive a warning before I shoot, though. It was a monumentally terrifying feeling to not know if I had SCARED him off, or PISSED him off and he was coming back for more... couldn't sleep at night for months. Finally had to start sleeping little bits at a time with all the lights on in the house.

I don't know much, but I'll tell you what I do know. He was already having second thoughts because when he tased me he thought it was going to put me out, at least temporarily. He was truly shocked that I fought back at all, not to mention the force with which I did so. That said, he was a very big man, and very strong. Had he not been so taken aback he could have very easily overpowered me in a manner of seconds. On that count, I believe that sleeping with my pistol under my pillow more than likely either saved my life or saved me from some truly horrifying shit that I don't even like to think about.

I always encourage self defense courses for children, young girls and women of all ages. UWF teaches the best one I ever took (2-semesters, taught by cops), and I think it is now open to the public (and hey, when else will you ever have the opportunity to legally beat up cops??! Smile ). I know that the children's course is open to the public and I believe it is free, as well.

33To shoot, or not to shoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 9:52 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

The perps tried to run off and as in the Jay case, running makes it a non-justifiable homicide. See the Jay case I quoted bro. Dude is doing hard time from capping men who actually retreated from his property and he shot them anyhow.
But they committed no crime and were being shot at while leavening the other guys had broken into the guys house. the crime being committed is the difference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum