Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To shoot, or not to shoot?

+2
Jake92
gulfbeachbandit
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 2:36 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I know it's illegal but very hard to resist.
What would you have done?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/03/homeowner-arrested-for-firing-shots-in-burglary/?intcmp=obinsite

2To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 3:20 pm

Jake92

He should have been arrested because he was in no danger and they were not in his house when he saw them. The one crook that they caught should be prosecuted to the max.

3To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 3:28 pm

Yeah, legally -- technically -- he was in the wrong. But had that been me in the same situation, well... I'd have done the same damn thing he did. Hopefully a judge or jury of his peers will see the sense in what he did and give him the lightest sentence possible.

I often think that I was born in the wrong era.

4To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 6:43 pm

Wait until the boogeyman gets into your house, then:

To shoot, or not to shoot? Choote10

5To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 7:14 pm

Wait until they are in the house, walk in, then shoot.

6To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 8:53 pm

alecto wrote:Wait until they are in the house, walk in, then shoot.

When the scary man broke into my home and attacked me while I was sleeping in the middle of the night in Kansas, the local LEO advised me to shoot the m-f*er even if he was outside, then drag him back in to the house and rinse off the blood outside before calling 911, and that no one in law enforcement (there, anyways) would question the inconsistency with blood spatter analysis. Got the same advice from the local LEO here at home after I moved back about a year ago.

7To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 9:13 pm

cool1

cool1

riceme wrote:Yeah, legally -- technically -- he was in the wrong. But had that been me in the same situation, well... I'd have done the same damn thing he did. Hopefully a judge or jury of his peers will see the sense in what he did and give him the lightest sentence possible.

I often think that I was born in the wrong era.

I agree , Knowing you have a gun maybe they wont come after your home again--sometimes ya get hit twice--first was so easy ,lets do it again- Laughing

8To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 9:15 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

J. cash

9To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 9:28 pm

riceme wrote:
alecto wrote:Wait until they are in the house, walk in, then shoot.

When the scary man broke into my home and attacked me while I was sleeping in the middle of the night in Kansas, the local LEO advised me to shoot the m-f*er even if he was outside, then drag him back in to the house and rinse off the blood outside before calling 911, and that no one in law enforcement (there, anyways) would question the inconsistency with blood spatter analysis. Got the same advice from the local LEO here at home after I moved back about a year ago.

That has to be one of the most horrifying things to go through. When I hear stories like yours it infuriates me to no end. POS that do things like that need to be dead, period, end of discussion. I hope you never find yourself in that situation again but if you do and you shoot some asshole like that I will help you drag them in the house, clean up the mess, and corroborate any story you want to give the LEO's.

BTW. So now your back in the Pcola area? Az is not your sister, i'm just confused and will shut up now, don't mean to pry.

10To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 9:34 pm

catfriedlegs

alecto wrote:

BTW. So now your back in the Pcola area? Az is not your sister, i'm just confused and will shut up now, don't mean to pry.

We are not blood sisters but we consider ourselves sisters.
(Spiceme, I hope it was okay to answer for you).

11To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 9:37 pm

no stress

no stress

Ghandi wrote:I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

J. cash

You have to shout "sooooey" after that. lol

12To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 9:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Welcome back AZ.

13To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 9:54 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Welcome back AZ.

Dittos. Hang around AZ...

Eric Ericson (Yomama)

14To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:06 pm

cool1 wrote:
I agree , Knowing you have a gun maybe they wont come after your home again--sometimes ya get hit twice--first was so easy ,lets do it again- Laughing

Thanks cool. I don't live in Kansas anymore... moved back home to my family and my mountains a year ago, and no one except my daddy and my best friend's dad -- who lives just down the hill from me -- know exactly where I live, which is behind a locked gate. I have always been an extremely private person when it came to letting folks know where I lived, not to mention a certified Level 1 Hermit, but that experience threw me into the totally paranoid category.

Thank god I always sleep with my Springfield XD-40 under my pillow because that guy meant business... He was dressed head-to-toe in black, complete with a ski mask and thin leather gloves, and he was a real big guy... well over 6-foot, and very muscled. I sleep like a rock, and he'd already unrolled me from my blanket burrito, if you will, and I am grateful I was sleeping in panties and a t-shirt (as that's a lot more than I normally sleep in).

Him tasing my between my legs was what woke me up, but unfortunate for him, it did not have the desired affect. I awoke PISSED OFF, KICKING AND HITTING, which was very clearly not at ALL what he expected. As soon as I got a strong kick in his abdomen, he took a hesitant step back and I took that opportunity to reach under my pillow to grab my pistol and level at him, screaming as loud as I could that I would blow his head off. He ran, and I never could catch up to him or get in a clean shot.

In hindsight, I would not have issued the warning and simply would have shot him.

15To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:19 pm

Jake92

I'm proud of you Rice. You did what you thought was right and I probably would have done the same thing, but with all of the shootings and things now, I would probably tell him goodbye and blow him away..

16To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:26 pm

riceme wrote:
cool1 wrote:

Thanks cool. I don't live in Kansas anymore... moved back home to my family and my mountains a year ago, and no one except my daddy and my best friend's dad -- who lives just down the hill from me -- know exactly where I live, which is behind a locked gate. I have always been an extremely private person when it came to letting folks know where I lived, not to mention a certified Level 1 Hermit, but that experience threw me into the totally paranoid category.

Thank god I always sleep with my Springfield XD-40 under my pillow because that guy meant business... He was dressed head-to-toe in black, complete with a ski mask and thin leather gloves, and he was a real big guy... well over 6-foot, and very muscled. I sleep like a rock, and he'd already unrolled me from my blanket burrito, if you will, and I am grateful I was sleeping in panties and a t-shirt (as that's a lot more than I normally sleep in).

Him tasing my between my legs was what woke me up, but unfortunate for him, it did not have the desired affect. I awoke PISSED OFF, KICKING AND HITTING, which was very clearly not at ALL what he expected. As soon as I got a strong kick in his abdomen, he took a hesitant step back and I took that opportunity to reach under my pillow to grab my pistol and level at him, screaming as loud as I could that I would blow his head off. He ran, and I never could catch up to him or get in a clean shot.

In hindsight, I would not have issued the warning and simply would have shot him.

You should have and calmly walked over him and called the police for body removal.

17To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:40 pm

alecto wrote:

That has to be one of the most horrifying things to go through. When I hear stories like yours it infuriates me to no end. POS that do things like that need to be dead, period, end of discussion. I hope you never find yourself in that situation again but if you do and you shoot some asshole like that I will help you drag them in the house, clean up the mess, and corroborate any story you want to give the LEO's.

Thanks, alecto. I have been through some scary shit in my life, but that was truly in the Top Three Most Horrifying Experiences of My Life... likely #1. Aside from going to work (and quickly hit the grocery which was gratefully on my way home), I could not leave my house for... I can't remember how many months after that happened... temporary agoraphobia, or some such BS.

And no, they never did catch the MF-er, but they figured that he had likely been one of the subcontrators who'd built the home next door to mine and had watched my comings and goings, knew my schedule, that I had no dog, no husband or boyfriend,... :-E I now keep a pair of size 13 boots that I picked up @St. Vinnie's outside my front and side doors. One's a pair of rubber boots, the other's a pair of steel toed boots, just to mix it up. A trick I learned from my granny years ago, but I fell out of the habit of doing some years ago.

I surely appreciate your sentiments and offer to assist and corroborate my story, but unless you want to fly out to the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range in California, I'll have to find my own way, but no doubt my folks would be more than happy to assist. Fortunately as I mentioned above, the local LEOs advised me same as the local Kansas LEOs did: to shoot the SOB/s even if him/they were outside my home, drag their asses inside then hose off or clean up the drag marks and blood outside, THEN call 911 and no one would dare to question my story. The county I live in has long been known as the most conservative county west of Texas, so this didn't surprise me in the least, but I was happy to hear it nonetheless.

No, I left Pensacola in uhh, the first week of February 2010 if memory serves... Az might remember, as she helped me pack and move (thank you, sister... Couldn't have done it without you!).

You're not prying at all... no worries! You can ask me anything you want! She and I are just so close that we consider ourselves to be family, that's all. Not that I need any extras... I am the youngest of six. But she is a most welcome addition Like a Star @ heaven .

18To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:45 pm

Jake92 wrote:I'm proud of you Rice. You did what you thought was right and I probably would have done the same thing, but with all of the shootings and things now, I would probably tell him goodbye and blow him away..

Thanks, Jake. I grew up around firearms and it was simply automatic for me to issue a warning before firing. Like I said though, in hindsight I surely do wish that I would have skipped that step and just shot the SOB.

19To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:49 pm

Jake92

I understand 100%. I keep my 45 well within reach ready to go at night.

20To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:53 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
You should have and calmly walked over him and called the police for body removal.

Hindsight is 20/20. God forbid I ever find myself in that situation again, that will be what happens, you can rest assured!

Also, I neglected to mention above that out of poor planning on my part, my Mossberg 500 was three or four feet away out of my reach. You always imagine that should you ever need to use a firearm in such a situation, you will hear an intruder enter your home and have the mere SECONDS required to put your glasses on, grab your shotgun and rack one, the sound of which will scare-off ANYONE with HALF a pea-brain.

...Yet ANOTHER lesson learned in that experience!

21To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/4/2013, 11:59 pm

Jake92

I have an alarm system and always keep 1 in the chamber.. Just pick it up, slide the safety off, and bye bye...... Of course, I would make sure whoever it is sees the 45 being pointed at him and I can make sure it's not somebody I want in the house..

22To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 12:19 am

Jake92 wrote:I have an alarm system and always keep 1 in the chamber.. Just pick it up, slide the safety off, and bye bye...... Of course, I would make sure whoever it is sees the 45 being pointed at him and I can make sure it's not somebody I want in the house..

I *ALWAYS* keep one in the chamber as well (don't see the point in not doing so), and there is no traditional safety on an XD-40... it has a grip-safety.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xdfeatures.php

23To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 1:21 am

Jake92

My 45 is a custom 1911 built by Carlos Hathcock. I bought it from him in 1972 when he was an instructor teaching marine officer candidates in Quantico, VA. The few months I knew him, he was one of the nicest, most humble, and gentle people I've ever met. Google him and you'll learn a lot of things about him..

24To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 2:31 am

Jake92 wrote:My 45 is a custom 1911 built by Carlos Hathcock. I bought it from him in 1972 when he was an instructor teaching marine officer candidates in Quantico, VA. The few months I knew him, he was one of the nicest, most humble, and gentle people I've ever met. Google him and you'll learn a lot of things about him..

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I don't need to Google him. I know exactly who he is. Holy smokes.

I covet the Kimber 1911 and someday I will own one, but that 1911 you've got is a piece of HISTORY.

Soooo envious!!! Shocked

25To shoot, or not to shoot? Empty Re: To shoot, or not to shoot? 2/5/2013, 2:47 am

Rice, that story is sooo sad. Nobody should have to go through that.

=====

As for the thread, there's no justification for shooting someone who is LEAVING your property unless they have shot you first and you are trying to retaliate.

Anyone remember what happened in Jay about two years ago? Big party, two AA kids with caucasian gfs show up and the crowd goes ballistic. The AA men draw guns without pointing them at anyone because, again, the crowd has turned hostile. They slowly back up to their car and then "Bo and Luke Duke it" to the property line. Just as the car gets to the fence, the property owner had retrieved a deer rifle and shoots at the car. Said shots go into the car from the rear as they are exiting the land and kills one of the passengers.

Jay man got 30 years. Nuf said. You can't shoot someone making a retreat from your property.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/126370/19/Jay-Florida-Black-teenager-shot-at-white-mans-party

http://www.northescambia.com/2011/07/robert-floyd-sentenced-to-30-years-for-shooting-brewton-teen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum