Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The NEW STINGRAY !

+2
The Viking
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The NEW STINGRAY ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW STINGRAY ! 2/1/2013, 10:12 pm

Yomama wrote:
riceme wrote: And I am in agreement w/Lurch. My driver's license wouldn't last throughout the day in this car. I don't have the self control to keep that under the speed limit lol

I had my current Civic Si for a week and I had a ticket for 75 in a 35. I was showing my new car off to a young female coworker... burning rubber and everything. Yeah, it's a Civic... but it hits the rev limiter at 8500 RPM, has a 6-speed and burns premium fuel... a real screamer.

I'd probably kill myself with the 'vette.

Yeah, I was going to mention, but chose not to as my post was getting a little long in the tooth -- that when I was living in the Pensacola area, my husband bought me (I'd thought it was for him, otherwise would have put the brakes on it) a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed, fully loaded, premium tires, the whole shebang.... 255-HP, which is plenty for that vehicle. I'd never gotten a speeding ticket in my life before and racked-up four in three months (one @over 2X the limit... oopsie!), plus six flat tires (which husband was NOT happy about @over $1300 a set!).

I'd told him several times that I did not WANT the car, I wanted my pickup, but he wanted me to have something "nice" and wanted to do something nice for me, which I thought was extremely sweet. Thing was, it was what HE wanted, not what I wanted. And I was used to driving old beater pickups, NOT used to fancy suspension, lowrider cars (or what is a lowrider to ME anyhow), and having to "baby" premium tires. Shoot, I'm used to being able to roll over pretty about anything in front of me. After the 6th flat, he asked if I wanted to trade him for my pickup, to which I gladly said, "Yes, baby... and thank you for trying to do something so sweet for me, and I'm so sorry!" Embarassed

Clearly, I am not a "car" girl.

27The NEW STINGRAY ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW STINGRAY ! 2/1/2013, 10:17 pm

Oh GEEZ, I was also not used to ANTI-LOCK BRAKES! The first time the anti-lock brakes kicked in, I freaking PANICKED, pulled over immediately and called him at work, told him exactly what happened, and the circumstances (wet roadway). He sort of chuckled and said, "Baby, that's the anti-lock brakes... that is normal, it's what's keeping you SAFE, and part of why we bought you that car." I felt like a dumbass. lol.

28The NEW STINGRAY ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW STINGRAY ! 2/2/2013, 2:39 am

Just finally occurred to me that the Car and Driver article on the Stingray might also be online... this looks a little skimpy, as with photos included, the entire piece is about 9-pages in the mag, but at least you all can read it if you don't subscribe or want to shell out the dough to pick it up.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2014-chevrolet-c7-corvette-stingray-z51-photos-and-info-news

Yeah, I still haven't read it. Had to write a resume for a buddy who just got laid off. Need to start a small business for resume writing. Can't even count how many I've written for guys I've worked with or just know through connections. Anyhoo...

29The NEW STINGRAY ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW STINGRAY ! 2/7/2013, 6:32 am

cool1

cool1

riceme wrote:Oh GEEZ, I was also not used to ANTI-LOCK BRAKES! The first time the anti-lock brakes kicked in, I freaking PANICKED, pulled over immediately and called him at work, told him exactly what happened, and the circumstances (wet roadway). He sort of chuckled and said, "Baby, that's the anti-lock brakes... that is normal, it's what's keeping you SAFE, and part of why we bought you that car." I felt like a dumbass. lol.

Ok cool doesnt know what Ati-lock brakes are ---husband is in bed--what are they and if you have them what happens in the rain when you put on your brakes-----------Because one day I was behind an 18 wheeler -he was at the red light and it was raining and I felt like I was on air instead of road couldnt stop---brakes made it worse--couldnt stop man so instead of hitting him I turned into the right lane --geeze the guy behind me saw what was going on so he slowed----by the time I stopped my car was the back end of my car was behind 18 wheelers bumper---the front of my car was in the right lane--geeze---I looked back quick I thought the guy in the right lane was going to hit me ---but he was watching Shocked
thank goodness---I cant remember what I was driving at the time-lol

Last edited by cool1 on 2/7/2013, 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

30The NEW STINGRAY ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW STINGRAY ! 2/7/2013, 6:47 am

cool1

cool1

Very Happy I got the top on my mustang--whew--by the time it was all over $1,000------my top wouldnt go up and down to good so they had to do something with that and fluid----I chose Black top--my visers were all tore up so they did that for me--- My seats are fugly -lol----cant do anything but cover them right now----Id like to find one day like a u-pull-it and find a 98--and pull out some black leather seats-lol for mine .

the guy told me leave my top up for a couple of weeks Crying or Very sad --One day I will have all the junk on this car replaced lil at a time

So funny my husband told me it was a 97 mustang-----all the way up till the night I was to bring my car in -then he says maybe the car is 98 -- Evil or Very Mad I told him WHAT--yea I got mad -- had to call the people next morning about a half hour before I took it up there ---umm I told her --I um gave you the wong year --lol--do you have in stock a top for 98 Razz
luckly they had it.

heehee all this time Ive been calling around for diff---things for 97 all week Embarassed

31The NEW STINGRAY ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW STINGRAY ! 2/7/2013, 4:07 pm

cool1 wrote:
riceme wrote:Oh GEEZ, I was also not used to ANTI-LOCK BRAKES! The first time the anti-lock brakes kicked in, I freaking PANICKED, pulled over immediately and called him at work, told him exactly what happened, and the circumstances (wet roadway). He sort of chuckled and said, "Baby, that's the anti-lock brakes... that is normal, it's what's keeping you SAFE, and part of why we bought you that car." I felt like a dumbass. lol.

Ok cool doesnt know what Ati-lock brakes are ---husband is in bed--what are they and if you have them what happens in the rain when you put on your brakes-----------Because one day I was behind an 18 wheeler -he was at the red light and it was raining and I felt like I was on air instead of road couldnt stop---brakes made it worse--couldnt stop man so instead of hitting him I turned into the right lane --geeze the guy behind me saw what was going on so he slowed----by the time I stopped my car was the back end of my car was behind 18 wheelers bumper---the front of my car was in the right lane--geeze---I looked back quick I thought the guy in the right lane was going to hit me ---but he was watching Shocked
thank goodness---I cant remember what I was driving at the time-lol

Oh it sounds like you were hydroplaning, cool.... scary!! To the best of my recollection the antilock breaks made kind of a soft, but audible, mechanical and repetitious thunking sound.

32The NEW STINGRAY ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW STINGRAY ! 2/7/2013, 8:03 pm

cool1

cool1

Yep that is what I did lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum