Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debt-Limit Vote in House Refocuses Republican Cuts Plan

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/debt-limit-vote-house-refocuses-130023787.html

Republicans said they would be willing to let the automatic cuts take effect if Obama doesn't agree to other spending reductions to replace them.

"The cuts are going to happen anyway," Fleming said. "The president can't stop the cuts from happening. All he can do is hopefully work with us to get the cuts in a better place. So if we have to we'll let the cuts go into effect."

Republicans are prepared to let the automatic cuts go forward even if Democrats don't agree to restructure them to fall less heavily on defense, said Representative Tom Cole, an Oklahoma Republican.

"We hope we can negotiate something different but we would let them go ahead and happen," he said in an interview.

When the automatic cuts take effect, discretionary spending would come down "dramatically," House Speaker John Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters yesterday. That could prompt Democrats to "get serious" about agreeing to cuts to entitlement programs, he said.
Budget Resolution

So if we're going to get the full sequestration cuts no matter what, as the republicans have at least enough power to let that happen, why on earth would democrats want to restructure them? I say let them hit the defense budget the hardest.

I'm surprised the r's would risk losing that money hole (Defense Budget)..
I think they're bluffing..

Margin Call

Margin Call

Using government math, we already have $850quadrillion in savings from not building the Death Star.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When Obama abandoned his own National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform (the actual title they never could convey to the populace), that moved us forward on the path to becoming what is already occurring in southern europe and moving to the larger european economies.
The republicans have alterior motives but they're closer on this to what has to be done. And by that I mean of the few voices in Congress right now who actually do get it, more are republican than democrat.

2seaoat

The republicans have alterior motives but they're closer on this to what has to be done.

Nope, take away the crazies, and I would agree, but listening to Rand Paul who is seriously challenged on understanding issues, Michelle Bachman who as we speak cannot find a cosponsor to revoke the healthcare bill, and brain dead house members who have this entirely vacant spot in their brains to put country first.....and dogma a distant second.......so I would agree in time the Republican Party may return to the intelligent party.....they are a long way from there right now.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's cut the shit and tell the truth about this. The ONLY strategy obama and his economic advisors have is the blind faith that something new will replace the dying economy. They believe it will happen and will result from the government propping up the economy long enough for the private sector to rebound and do it's thing.

The problem is that, even though that has always happened before, a reasoned and honest take on the situation now finds that to be not much more than nostalgia. It aint your daddy's country any more. And it aint even the country you've experienced any more either.

Now that's the cynical pessimistic take on it. But cynicism and pessimism sure aint what made it great before. So I take it all back. I'm gonna think like Buffet. Both Warren who plays his role better than any celebrity in the country right now. AND Jimmy who can sell a $13 sandwich at Pensacola Beach with a straight face. Those are the kind of people who made this country great back then and they can still do it now.

Any chance we could not build a second death star?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The republicans have alterior motives but they're closer on this to what has to be done.

Nope, take away the crazies, and I would agree, but listening to Rand Paul who is seriously challenged on understanding issues, Michelle Bachman who as we speak cannot find a cosponsor to revoke the healthcare bill, and brain dead house members who have this entirely vacant spot in their brains to put country first.....and dogma a distant second.......so I would agree in time the Republican Party may return to the intelligent party.....they are a long way from there right now.
Nah not them. It's the ones who unfortunately are not household celebrity names like Tom Coburn of Oklahoma.

Last edited by Bob on 1/27/2013, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Lurch wrote:I'm surprised the r's would risk losing that money hole (Defense Budget)..
I think they're bluffing..

It is 50 billion per year....the JCS is already cutting education, training, and PCS moves

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay so who is this person Tom Coburn.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=ae711529-741a-4f52-89eb-4e6ef1c861a7

Bob wrote:Let's cut the shit and tell the truth about this. The ONLY strategy obama and his economic advisors have is the blind faith that something new will replace the dying economy. They believe it will happen and will result from the government propping up the economy long enough for the private sector to rebound and do it's thing.

The problem is that, even though that has always happened before, a reasoned and honest take on the situation now finds that to be not much more than nostalgia. It aint your daddy's country any more. And it aint even the country you've experienced any more either.

Now that's the cynical pessimistic take on it. But cynicism and pessimism sure aint what made it great before. So I take it all back. I'm gonna think like Buffet. Both Warren who plays his role better than any celebrity in the country right now. AND Jimmy who can sell a $13 sandwich at Pensacola Beach with a straight face. Those are the kind of people who made this country great back then and they can still do it now.

"The ONLY strategy obama and his economic advisors have is the blind faith that something new will replace the dying economy."

Oh give me a break! The economy has revived and will continue to revive. Unemployment is down and the housing market is going up. The great country we experienced before has finally dismissed racism and embraced minorities which we were made up of anyway. No longer will the "great white whale" be in charge of a diverse nation bogged down by greedy capitalists and religious dogma that keeps us in the depths of delusion.

2seaoat

Corporate profits are at record levels.....our economic problems start with employment, and with proper tax policies, you can take some of the tax off those record profits by giving more generous job credits....and presto.....jobs will increase. President Obama could easily have been a Republican Senator from Illinois replacing Charles Percy.....Percy in many ways was more liberal, so this illusion that Obama is a communist, or that he is not addressing debt...pure fantasy......let us at least talk facts and not smoke and mirrors. Also, this debt problem is really not that big of a deal if we took the world's money in our housing boom and put it in hard assets called real estate investment.....as the currency falls, the inflation starts....we still have the hard assets as a hedge against the same.....cycles come and go....but the idea that the current Republican President is anything different than Senator Percy is nonsense.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Corporate profits are at record levels.....our economic problems start with employment, and with proper tax policies, you can take some of the tax off those record profits by giving more generous job credits....and presto.....jobs will increase. President Obama could easily have been a Republican Senator from Illinois replacing Charles Percy.....Percy in many ways was more liberal, so this illusion that Obama is a communist, or that he is not addressing debt...pure fantasy......let us at least talk facts and not smoke and mirrors. Also, this debt problem is really not that big of a deal if we took the world's money in our housing boom and put it in hard assets called real estate investment.....as the currency falls, the inflation starts....we still have the hard assets as a hedge against the same.....cycles come and go....but the idea that the current Republican President is anything different than Senator Percy is nonsense.

We don't have a "current Republican President". And I think that myth that Republicans are the party of fiscal conservatism has pretty much exploded.

What we are going to do is blame republicans.

Its like parents see, anytime baby does something good, its mommies(dems) child, when it does something bad, its daddies(reps) child.

each parent trying to come out looking like the good guy, and at night they sleep with each other and have a wild time. whohoooo

shssss, what the kids dont know wont hurt them. We're going to amass this family debt till the year of 4523 when the death star will be in full swing. All 23 people left able to produce offspring need to report to the star gate lab and lounge for penatration in the best interest of man kind.

Good day.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:When Obama abandoned his own National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform (the actual title they never could convey to the populace), that moved us forward on the path to becoming what is already occurring in southern europe and moving to the larger european economies.
The republicans have alterior motives but they're closer on this to what has to be done. And by that I mean of the few voices in Congress right now who actually do get it, more are republican than democrat.

It's AUSTERITY budgeting that is CAUSING European economies to fail, not spending.

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:When Obama abandoned his own National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform (the actual title they never could convey to the populace), that moved us forward on the path to becoming what is already occurring in southern europe and moving to the larger european economies.

It's AUSTERITY budgeting that is CAUSING European economies to fail, not spending.

Do you have any idea as to why austerity if being forced on those previously sovereign countries?

I didn't think so.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2011/06/05/how-to-destroy-the-us-economy/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Do you have any idea as to why austerity if being forced on those previously sovereign countries?

I didn't think so.

Of course I do. The Euro...the theft by the global banking system...wars that were financed by borrowing...disappearance of 2.3 trillion from the Pentagon...the bailouts...and the 40-year trend of a few making millions at the expense of everyone else...and LACK OF DEMAND.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/01/opinion/krugman-the-austerity-agenda.html

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I didn't think so.

Of course I do. The Euro...the theft by the global banking system...wars that were financed by borrowing...disappearance of 2.3 trillion from the Pentagon...the bailouts...and the 40-year trend of a few making millions at the expense of everyone else...and LACK OF DEMAND.

Lol... it's scarry that you are able to ignore common denominators and core flaws. The problem precedes the eu.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I didn't think so.

Lol... it's scarry that you are able to ignore common denominators and core flaws. The problem precedes the eu.

Since you're so enlightened on the subject, why don't you explain it to me. I don't think you can. Here is a synopsis of Naomi Klein's book, THE SHOCK DOCTRINE, which, BTW, I have read. See whether you can find any parallels between what our "industrialists" did to countries in South America and elsewhere and the economic crisis in our own country...and in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shock_Doctrine

Step one: Prop up a dictator and "convince" him by any means necessary to gut existing social programs, leaving a blank slate upon which to superimpose a "new and improved" economic model, which greatly benefits "investors" in the economic resources of that country to the detriment and sometimes torture and death of the inhabitants.

Floridatexan wrote:

Germany's economy is the lead in austerity and they are doing quite well. Hell, doing so well that the rest of Europe wants them to pay for their debt and the Germans are tired of it.

Spending is what is wrong with most of Europe, or at least the Southern half which includes Greece,etc. They are retiring at 50 and living large and wondering why that the government now has to cut their retirement checks, while the Northern part of the EU is left to bail out the dead beats.

It's no use... that doesn't fit her ideology. She doesn't even really get what klein is endorsing... just the misdirection.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:It's no use... that doesn't fit her ideology. She doesn't even really get what klein is endorsing... just the misdirection.

What makes you think I don't understand? Or is that just the way you avoid answering the question I put to you? If I don't understand, please, 'splain it to me. Have you read Klein's book as well? I'm waiting.......... Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum