Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Switching cell phone carriers any advice

+6
gulfbeachbandit
2seaoat
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bob wrote:Ive done every prepaid except metropcs and that includes boost. Virgin. And straight talk. Mostof them use the sprint network and it Sucks big hairy ones. On tmobile prepaid now and its its pretty tolerable. Will give more info when I get back to pcola and can type on a keyboard

Youve used H20?

because my service is no different than when i had ATT. I go to to jax, orlando st peterburg, miami all over fl now i havnt been anywhere else so i dont know. am i just lucky with this service down here?

alecto wrote:Thank you Riceme and PBulldog2. I found out Virgin Mobile has NO ROAMING so that is out since it is on sprints network and their native network sucks for coverage. Tmobile was the other option due to coverage and phones.

PBulldog2, I want a Samsung Galaxy S2, just love androids and absolutely sick of Iphones and AT&T. Does your Galaxy work with Kies (used for backups and managing phone)? Are you happy with the coverage? Is yours a model SGH-T989?

Anytime... You are very welcome, doll!

I LOVE my DROID 4 for many reasons, but my first criteria was that it have the slide-out physical QWERTY keyboard when I upgraded from my DROID 2 Global (which had the same keyboard). As mentioned, I am all-thumbs with those goofy "Swype" (I just remembered what they're really called) keyboards, but again, you have your choice with the DROID 4.

They recently rolled-out an upgrade to the camera that has a "stabilization" feature which helps me tremendously, as I've mentioned here before that I have issues keeping a steady hand while taking pictures with my phone.

It's kind of an expensive phone, but well worth the money. Has 4G and 3G (when 4G is not available, and it will switch automatically) coverage. Lots of cool bells and whistles and nifty apps you can download from the Google Play Store.

Yomama wrote:

I had a Droid, then a Droid3 and liked the keyboard tray that slipped out the bottom. We had a 3G mobile hotspot, but it is a pain in the patootie to carry a phone and a phone-looking hotspot... hence, I got a Droid Razr Maxx HD (a mouthful) with a 4-G hotspot and Jelly Bean (Android operating system). The hotspots eat batteries like crazy and the new phone has a long battery life. The new phone has a bigger screen, no keyboard tray, but my fat fingers seem to do much better with the larger screen.

To get back on topic, we have had Verizon for many years and are happy with their coverage... but they certainly aren't cheap! The salesmen have told me stuff that didn't turn out to be true, but that's probably apropos for other companies too.

I have never had a need to use the Mobile Hotspot feature, so I didn't know that it was a pain in the rear, although mine has a 4G but I'm not sure that would make a difference or not.

A friend of mine has the DROID Razr Maxx HD, and is very happy with it. I've tried to use it a few times, but was frustrated with it because of the SWYPE keyboard. Grrr!

EE, do you all have one of the Share Everything packages? I've saved a lot of money since I switched to Share Everything. At first I was disappointed that it was not a simple all-in-one package like Sprint's Simply Everything package, where you pay a flat fee for unlimited everything, but I've warmed-up to it since, as you get to choose your own limits for talk, text and data, with accompanying rates. I used to have the base text plan (whatever was the lowest, and free) because I never text anyone, then found that I was paying overages because while I may not text people, people are constantly texting ME, which I'd neglected to account for when I originally set up my plan. As mentioned earlier here, I have 900-minutes of talk, 200 texts, and 2-GB of data (which I'm about to decrease because I never even use 25% of my data plan) for $98 if I don't go over on anything. Not too bad.

I just noticed you said your DROID Maxx is on Jelly Bean... have you all not yet gotten the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich??

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Like PB Im currently using a galaxy s2 on t-mobile and am satisfied with both. Prepaid is a less expensive option for certain but you get what you pay for. The coverage and the data connection speeds are inferior to what you get with the more expensive contract services. The BIG advantage T-Mobile gives you over those other crappy prepaids is you can walk into a T-Mobile store when you need help which you WILL need. Trying to get help with all those other prepaids only by phone can be a nightmare (trust me on that part)

Bob wrote:Like PB Im currently using a galaxy s2 on t-mobile and am satisfied with both. Prepaid is a less expensive option for certain but you get what you pay for. The coverage and the data connection speeds are inferior to what you get with the more expensive contract services. The BIG advantage T-Mobile gives you over those other crappy prepaids is you can walk into a T-Mobile store when you need help which you WILL need. Trying to get help with all those other prepaids only by phone can be a nightmare (trust me on that part)

Thanks Bob, looking like tmobile in my future.

Did you get your prepaid galaxy s2 in a tmobile store or did you have to order it online?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:Ive done every prepaid except metropcs and that includes boost. Virgin. And straight talk. Mostof them use the sprint network and it Sucks big hairy ones. On tmobile prepaid now and its its pretty tolerable. Will give more info when I get back to pcola and can type on a keyboard

Youve used H20?

because my service is no different than when i had ATT. I go to to jax, orlando st peterburg, miami all over fl now i havnt been anywhere else so i dont know. am i just lucky with this service down here?
I'm not familiar with that provider but I just Googled its coverage map and it goes away as soon as you get outside the center of Pensacola and doesn't connect again tll you get to Tallahassee or Montgomery. Plus like the other fly by nights it has no office Pensacola which is a definite deal killer for me anymore.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

alecto wrote:

Did you get your prepaid galaxy s2 in a tmobile store or did you have to order it online?
you can buy one in the store if they still stock them but may not sinc e the S3 is now in production. But I bought mine online to save money. Be very careful if you do though. If you buy one that's been activated it will probably have an outstanding charge on it. That happened to me with the first one and tmobile turned it off 2 months later. That was even though the eBay seller had listed as new and unused. And by that time the eBay time limit for getting redress had elapsed. Stick to Amazon and avoid eBay.

Bob wrote:
alecto wrote:

you can buy one in the store if they still stock them but may not since the S3 is now in production. But I bought mine online to save money. Be very careful if you do though. If you buy one that's been activated it will probably have an outstanding charge on it. That happened to me with the first one and tmobile turned it off 2 months later. That was even though the eBay seller had listed as new and unused. And by that time the eBay time limit for getting redress had elapsed. Stick to Amazon and avoid eBay.

I would definitely buy your device online to save money -- and there are many different options to do so -- but I would stay away from any used device all-together. I've gotten three replacement devices through both Sprint and Verizon insurance programs (one I accidentally tossed into Bayou Chico (oopsie!), one got smashed when someone hit me with it while it was in my fist, and the last one got stolen when I fell asleep on a plane). They were all "factory refurbished" and none of them were "right" and they all caused me no end of headaches. Doing the research to find your best option to purchase a new phone up front will likely save you a whole lot of time and headaches in the end. If you search online you may even get lucky and find that T-Mobile is offering a special discount to order the device you want online through them.

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Youve used H20?

I'm not familiar with that provider but I just Googled its coverage map and it goes away as soon as you get outside the center of Pensacola and doesn't connect again tll you get to Tallahassee or Montgomery. Plus like the other fly by nights it has no office Pensacola which is a definite deal killer for me anymore.

Ive had it a year. no problems. i have not been to pola though as i said. ive been to jacksonville, st peterburg, miami and orlando with no problems. its actually pretty popular down here.

its no contract which i like and unlimited everything. im not trying to sell it, just offering it as an alternative to the big 3 monopolies. oh and i could care less about a office. everything is done online. I own my iphones. With iphones you can go to any iphone store if you have a problem or need something fixed.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That would be a very good bonus with the i-phone. But unfortunately the closest Apple store to pcola is in new Orleans.
You and I will.just have to agree to disagree on this. I will never have another smart phone thar doesn't come with in person humans that can speak American English while standing in front of me. I almost commited suicide the last time I didn't have that.

Off topic There is a Apple Store in gulf Shores Ala. They dont sell Phones but they do all the other apple stuff. Here is a link.http://lifebytesstores.com/mac/
Switching cell phone carriers any advice - Page 2 50b11c00e4b054abacd503fc?format=original

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:Off topic There is a Apple Store in gulf Shores Ala. They dont sell Phones but they do all the other apple stuff. Here is a link.http://lifebytesstores.com/mac/
well in that case alecto will probably want to include an iPhone and h20 among his options. As long as there are flesh and blood american homo sapiens in the picture it will probably be okay. Plus the drive to gulf shores is nice this time of year.

They dont sell Iphones, just Apple computers and such

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:They dont sell Iphones, just Apple computers and such
well then alecto can drive to new Orleans when he needs a human to fix problems with his h20 service. Because as crissy said an iPhone store will provide support for h20 problems

Bob wrote:
well then alecto can drive to new Orleans when he needs a human to fix problems with his h20 service. Because as crissy said an iPhone store will provide support for h20 problems

I NEVER said Iphone stores provide service for H20. Why would you need a store at all for a service provider to begin with? Its not connected to a land line. Its a saltelite.

either way you seem to be a smart ass over a fucking cell phone company so whatever. Cant you find something else to bitch about like say your hemoroids or something. Rolling Eyes

I have no investment in H20. Carry on...............

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

I NEVER said Iphone stores provide service for H20. Why would you need a store at all for a service provider to begin with? Its not connected to a land line. Its a saltelite.

either way you seem to be a smart ass over a fucking cell phone company so whatever. Cant you find something else to bitch about like say your hemoroids or something. Rolling Eyes

I have no investment in H20. Carry on...............
my hemmeroids were killing me for about a week but now they're better. The reason I'm being a smart ass is because I'ce been through pure UNADULTERATED GODDAMN MOTHERFUCING COCKSUCKING CUNT LICKING HELL MORE THAN ONCE. WHEN I COULDNT GO IN A GODDAMN STORE TO GET THE FUCKING PROBLEMS FIXED WITH THOSE PISSANT FLY BY NIGHT CELLPHONE. COMPANIES and I don't want others to go through that too. So go to hell

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Fly by night cellphone companies are like Romney's and Obama's. They're all evil and they all suck. If you've been lucky with one so far its only a matter of time before it turns on you and tries to make you insane like it done me
Run away from it before that happens

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum