Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to start a bussiness, who 's in to help?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This has been an idea of mine for years.

Its a control businsess for test that are done in the laboratory.

I have connections, and can get the material

its requires me, a clinical laboratory supervisor with a license, who can also do bench work. perhaps one lab aid. will need a PR person/sales person and a pathologist to sign off for us. I know a lot, I can find one...for a fee.

Who's in? will cost about $10000.- 50000 to start.

Ill handle all regulatory agencies

just to give you an idea, one block of tissue is worth about $5,000 worth of controls. I can get thousands of these that are tossed away.

anyone want in?

2seaoat

I am being told that the SBA has plentiful money available for start up business and a banker told me that after January they are making a big push. Create a Pro forma which should go out 3 years as to what your capital requirements will be and what your revenue streams will be........If they say no to you, then see if you need a business partner who has clean credit and a solid financial statement. All my problems would go away if the SBA would do refinancing......they do not.

2seaoat wrote:I am being told that the SBA has plentiful money available for start up business and a banker told me that after January they are making a big push. Create a Pro forma which should go out 3 years as to what your capital requirements will be and what your revenue streams will be........If they say no to you, then see if you need a business partner who has clean credit and a solid financial statement. All my problems would go away if the SBA would do refinancing......they do not.

Thats my problem. I dont understand all that biznez lingo. SBA?

what I do understand is laboratory functions and regulations. I need someone who understand the other side of this.

2seaoat

Go to the bank you have been banking, and ask a personal banker if they have an SBA coordinator on staff. Before you do this you need to create a simple excel spread sheet. Set forth on one side your capital requirements: Equipment you will need to buy or lease, supplies, inventory, and any rental expenses. Also include the amount you will need to service the SBA loan.

Then month by month set the amount of lab tests you will do and the anticipated revenue flow from the same. Break your start up costs down into monthly allocations and run your expenses against the projections. The SBA representative will give you an SBA loan package. You can download the same from the government site, and they will explain each of their required forms and how you make an SBA loan. My experience has been that the process of putting your pro forma together is critical to any start up business. People undercaptialize and do not properly set forth their costs. Also, they are far to optimistic on when they will begin turning a profit. I once went to a bank and showed a pro forma for a business which would turn a profit in three years......it took nine years and I was fortunate that other revenues could cover my mistakes. I completely overestimated the demand for my product......so you need to do a lot of grunt work putting your numbers together. This also greatly helps explain your business plan to a potential partner or investor.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Before you do anything, see a counselor at the Small Business Development Center:

http://www.sbdc.uwf.edu/

bizguy

Margin Call wrote:Before you do anything, see a counselor at the Small Business Development Center:

This is great advice if you are in the Pensacola area. If not, and you have a state university close by they should have a Small Business Development Center. The SBDC's are treasure troves of information, advice and training.

bizguy wrote:
Margin Call wrote:Before you do anything, see a counselor at the Small Business Development Center:

This is great advice if you are in the Pensacola area. If not, and you have a state university close by they should have a Small Business Development Center. The SBDC's are treasure troves of information, advice and training.

My wife used to be a computer consultant at the UWF SBDC. It seemed to be a good service for the community.

Chrissy before you attempt to garner any loan(s) make sure that you put a business plan together to present to any creditors or investors.

I for one would require a workable business plan from anyone(including relatives) before I make any monetary investment.

"Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. These 10 easy steps can help you plan, prepare and manage your business. Click on the links to learn more."

http://www.sba.gov/sba-direct/results

Take your idea and business plans to shark tank.

Yella

Yella

Chrissy wrote:This has been an idea of mine for years.

Its a control businsess for test that are done in the laboratory.

I have connections, and can get the material

its requires me, a clinical laboratory supervisor with a license, who can also do bench work. perhaps one lab aid. will need a PR person/sales person and a pathologist to sign off for us. I know a lot, I can find one...for a fee.

Who's in? will cost about $10000.- 50000 to start.

Ill handle all regulatory agencies

just to give you an idea, one block of tissue is worth about $5,000 worth of controls. I can get thousands of these that are tossed away.

anyone want in?

I like you, chrissy, I love it when somebody gets your dander up. It cracks me up when you rant and rave, but I would be scared to be in business with you, Shoot, you could piss somebody off and I'd get hurt just because I was standing there giggling. LOL Just kiddin', hon. Good luck!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

I would look very closely at the regulations and schedules coming down the pipe from obamacare.

The blueprint is that the reach and interference begins with a light touch... and ends up heavy handed and take control.

Chrissy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I am being told that the SBA has plentiful money available for start up business and a banker told me that after January they are making a big push. Create a Pro forma which should go out 3 years as to what your capital requirements will be and what your revenue streams will be........If they say no to you, then see if you need a business partner who has clean credit and a solid financial statement. All my problems would go away if the SBA would do refinancing......they do not.

Thats my problem. I dont understand all that biznez lingo. SBA?

what I do understand is laboratory functions and regulations. I need someone who understand the other side of this.

I'm pretty sure that SBA stands for Small Business Administration, Chrissy. Reference the info at below link for more information:

The US Small Business Administration:
http://www.sba.gov/

I took a bunch of medication last night Neutral

Ive had 3 bussinsses. A feed store in Yulle fl, a lawn bussiness in jville, and a grocery store in sylvester Ga. I hated every single one of them and none of them did I have to take out a loan. Good thing too, I got tired of the side lawn buss, got pregnant and sick and lost the grocery store and my evil 1st gf stole the feed store.

All 3 of those bussinesses all I needed was a license and tax exempt number and for the grocery store I had to attend a class to take in foodstamps, the bank took them after that.

Im good just working for someone else.

But pkr is right, with obamacare I would be concerned about a new classification of hazardous waste now that OSHA will be remodified under new global terms this year.

Happy friday.

I embarressed my self last night. Embarassed

and Rice, where have you been? Havnt seen you in days............

Chrissy wrote:

Ive had 3 bussinsses. A feed store in Yulle fl, a lawn bussiness in jville, and a grocery store in sylvester Ga. I hated every single one of them and none of them did I have to take out a loan. Good thing too, I got tired of the side lawn buss, got pregnant and sick and lost the grocery store and my evil 1st gf stole the feed store.

All 3 of those bussinesses all I needed was a license and tax exempt number and for the grocery store I had to attend a class to take in foodstamps, the bank took them after that.

But pkr is right, with obamacare I would be concerned about a new classification of hazardous waste now that OSHA will be remodified under new global terms this year.

Happy friday.

Why are you taking a bunch of medication, Chrissy?? Are you sick? Couldn't sleep? What uppy?

I've read several articles lately, all of which put healthcare at the top of the list of the best industries to be in in the coming years.

Hey it is Friday, isn't it?? The bar and grill in the next valley over has fresh salmon flown in on Fridays. I think I might drive over and have some salmon.

I was just away for a while.

riceme wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Happy friday.

Why are you taking a bunch of medication, Chrissy?? Are you sick? Couldn't sleep? What uppy?

I've read several articles lately, all of which put healthcare at the top of the list of the best industries to be in in the coming years.

Hey it is Friday, isn't it?? The bar and grill in the next valley over has fresh salmon flown in on Fridays. I think I might drive over and have some salmon.

I was just away for a while.

Ive been sick all week.

I came home yesterday and cured, literally cured myself. Amazenly my little cocktail worked. I feel a lot better. Very Happy

Healthcare has always been a good industry to be in. Its probaly one of the largest components of our economic system, if not the largest now. I havent looked lately. I would imagine that more low paying jobs will be added in the next few years to keep up with the warm bodies that will be needed to treat the other warm bodies.

Glad to see you back.

hugs

Chrissy wrote:

Ive been sick all week.

I came home yesterday and cured, literally cured myself. Amazenly my little cocktail worked. I feel a lot better. Very Happy

Healthcare has always been a good industry to be in. Its probaly one of the largest components of our economic system, if not the largest now. I havent looked lately. I would imagine that more low paying jobs will be added in the next few years to keep up with the warm bodies that will be needed to treat the other warm bodies.

Glad to see you back.

hugs

I'm so sorry that you've been sick, but glad to hear that you cured yourself! I have my own remedies, but it sounds like yours work just fine for you, so I won't bother you with mine.

One of the articles I read stating that healthcare was the best industry to be in going forward was much more forthright than the others and also pointed out that nearly all of the good, stable industries (including healthcare) also typically paid an extremely low wage. I think I bookmarked it to share with you all... I'll have to see if I can find it. Have a meeting right now... gotta go.

riceme wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Ive been sick all week.

Glad to see you back.

hugs

I'm so sorry that you've been sick, but glad to hear that you cured yourself! I have my own remedies, but it sounds like yours work just fine for you, so I won't bother you with mine.

One of the articles I read stating that healthcare was the best industry to be in going forward was much more forthright than the others and also pointed out that nearly all of the good, stable industries (including healthcare) also typically paid an extremely low wage. I think I bookmarked it to share with you all... I'll have to see if I can find it. Have a meeting right now... gotta go.

Very good look forward to seeing it. Im off for the weekend. I went in at 2;30 this morn, so Ill prolly be a sleep early tonight. I suck at naps.

O, and yes, i want your home remedy please. You cant have too many home remedy's. What a Face

Sal

Sal

I'd be a little leery of investing in a person who can't spell "business" and can't figure out what "SBA" is an acronym for in this context.

Just sayin'.

Sal wrote:I'd be a little leery of investing in a person who can't spell "business" and can't figure out what "SBA" is an acronym for in this context.

Just sayin'.

Anyone who would be foolish enough to part w/ their money knowing what we know deserves to be parted from their money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum