Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Better Start Drinking Now ...

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
boards of FL
2seaoat
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 12:26 pm

Sal

Sal

... GOP "Presidential" Debate #2 starts at 8pm ET on CNN.

Who's gonna win?

I was going to attach a poll, but there are too many contestants.

Hahahahaha ....

2seaoat

Trump will be attacked by just about everyone.  I think the key is going to be who will drop out after these debates and who will take those few poll numbers and delegates.  I think Kasich will have another solid debate and stick to issues.  He is working New Hampshire and beyond very cleverly and is a traditional Republican.  The rest of the clown car are laughable.  I have always like Jeb.  I part with him on his tax plan.  I am looking forward to Kasich bringing some competent proposals on budget cuts and taxes.  He knows what he is doing.   Trump is a sad commentary on the republican party.   The party which openly rallies around deporting Americans in boxcars because they do not have documents.  The southern strategy and the Dixiecrat migration to the Republican Pary, and the hate which was the ideological basis for the same has really made the Republican Party the Party of nativism and worse.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I predict that Ben Carson's poll numbers will plummet after tonight.  I'm not so confident that I would put money on that, but if I had to guess, that would be my guess.

My reasoning here is that republicans can't seem to find candidates who can simply speak coherently about issues.  This makes sense when you consider the base of people who identify as republicans (look at this forum).  

In the last election, as Romney was generally leading and seemed to be the presumed favorite, we would see various candidates briefly spike to challenge him and then fall off. The spike resulted from the fact that the currently leading candidate wasn't entirely palatable (Trump/Romney), and then the plummet occurred when the republican candidate was simply asked to speak.  It sounds so stupid, but that really is what happened.  Republicans could not seem to find a candidate who could simply speak intelligently.  Using words to form complete sentences was a bar far higher than anyone in the field - but Romney - could pull off.

So here we are again.  We have a candidate seemingly in control but that isn't entirely palatable to the base.  We have spiking candidate who hasn't yet had his moment in the spotlight, and we have a debate scheduled for tonight.   If the past is any guide for the future, Ben Carson will speak tonight and then his poll numbers will plummet.  Shortly thereafter, another candidate will spike.  Then there will be another debate.  Then that candidate will speak.  Poll numbers will plummet.  Etc. Etc.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:I predict that Ben Carson's poll numbers will plummet after tonight.  I'm not so confident that I would put money on that, but if I had to guess, that would be my guess.

My reasoning here is that republicans can't seem to find candidates who can simply speak coherently about issues.  This makes sense when you consider the base of people who identify as republicans (look at this forum).  

In the last election, as Romney was generally leading and seemed to be the presumed favorite, we would see various candidates briefly spike to challenge him and then fall off. The spike resulted from the fact that the currently leading candidate wasn't entirely palatable (Trump/Romney), and then the plummet occurred the republican candidate was simply asked to speak publicly.  

So here we are again.  We have a candidate seemingly in control but that isn't entirely palatable to the base.  We have spiking candidate who hasn't yet had his moment in the spotlight, and we have a debate scheduled for tonight.   If the past is any guide for the future, Ben Carson will speak tonight and then his poll numbers will plummet.  Shortly thereafter, another candidate will spike.  Then there will be another debate.  Then that candidate will speak.  Poll numbers will plummet.  Etc. Etc.

Couldn't disagree more.

Republicans don't care about a candidate that can "speak coherently about issues".

Carson is completely incoherent, but he knows the code words.

He says shit about Saul Alinsky, and black genocide, and political correctness, and tithing, and the secular progressive movement, and the IRS is the Gestapo, and Obamacare is slavery, and AP courses are ISIS recruiting tools.

I mean it's all just nonsense, but it's what the wingnutz have been programmed to respond to, and he delivers it in a measured, calm manner.

I expect him to remain a popular and less bombastic alternative to Trump.

knothead

knothead

Damn but this is like handicapping a horse race without an accurate form.

I think Trump will survive and remain steady but will come out as not as informed as he should be on critical issues but , if true, it will be a chink in his armor. He would be wise to ease off dissing Carly F. excessively lest he will prove he is a bully but Carly could move the needle tonight in her favor as she is prepared to take him on, we'll see. Jeb goes nowhere, John Kasich could move up, Christie a big maybe on movement. It's gonna be entertaining!

It's funny y'all think you know but u don't

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't know whether I should watch the debate, or wait until it is parodied by comedians.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I don't know whether I should watch the debate, or wait until it is parodied by comedians.....

It's becoming harder and harder to tell the difference. For example, this is not a parody.

And neither is this. GOP 2016! These are real people!

Sal

Sal

Hahahahaha ...

10Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 3:53 pm

2seaoat

It's funny y'all think you know but u don't

I know if you give a bunch of two year old children permanent markers and leave the room........well the results are not hard to imagine.

11Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 4:15 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:

Hahahahaha ...

That was hillarious.... It looks like Kimmel punked Trump pretty good.

12Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 4:22 pm

Sal

Sal

For those who don't know, DTF does not stand for "Donald Trump Forever", it stands for "Down to F**K".

13Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 5:20 pm

Markle

Markle

For an accurate analysis, we can all tune in at 11:00 pm EST to watch Bill O'Reilly, followed at 12:00 midnight by Megan Kelly and at 1:00 am with Sean Hannity.

Since the Democrats don't seem to have anyone running at the time, you might find it interesting.

14Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 5:25 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:For an accurate analysis, we can all tune in at 11:00 pm EST to watch Bill O'Reilly, followed at 12:00 midnight by Megan Kelly and at 1:00 am with Sean Hannity.

Since the Democrats don't seem to have anyone running at the time, you might find it interesting.  

Better take plenty of these if you plan on staying up that late, Ole' Man Markle.

Better Start Drinking Now ... Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Queue the Socrates image, please.

15Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 5:41 pm

polecat

polecat

Tonight On "America's Got No Talent - Republican Candidates Edition"

(Jack Ohman, The Sacramento Bee)

Tonight, at the Shrine of the Immaculate Deception St. Ronnie of Hollywood Lieberry, is the second Republican poo-flinging contest "debate." Here's your lineup card, courtesy of Charles P. Pierce:

A frontrunner whose entire platform, as reinforced by a completely whackadoo collection of random sentences that he spouted on Tuesday night, is that he's him and you're not, and neither are the Supreme Leader of Iran, the president of Mexico, or the CEO of the Ford Motor Company.

A woman who nearly destroyed a hugely respected American brand and got paid something north of $20 million just to go away.

A brilliant neurosurgeon who believes that the Medicaid expansion was the Nuremberg Laws.

A guy who was governor of Florida shortly after Ponce de Leon blew town whose brother pretty much wrecked the country.

A bass-playing Bible-banging hayseed, who's presently campaigning for the rights of faith-based goldbricks to slough off on their government jobs.

Two incredibly unpopular governors, only one of whom is under active criminal investigation at the moment.

One governor who is popular in his state, but unloved by the fans of all these other clucks.

And three senators: a rookie from Florida with a pole up his ass the size of El Capitan; a former brogressive hero who can't make up his mind on the Civil Rights movement, and a Canadian-born, Tex-Mex Joe McCarthy whose only achievement in political office is pissing off Mitch McConnell which, while admirable, is hardly a qualification to have the guy with the nuclear codes sitting outside your office.

Also, there will be an earlier debate among people deemed to have insufficient gravitas to share a stage with these giants.
Please have plenty of popcorn at the ready.

16Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 5:43 pm

polecat

polecat

Markle wrote:For an accurate analysis, we can all tune in at 11:00 pm EST to watch Bill O'Reilly, followed at 12:00 midnight by Megan Kelly and at 1:00 am with Sean Hannity.  

Will BILLO whitesplain it to us?

17Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 7:32 pm

Sal

Sal

polecat wrote:Tonight On "America's Got No Talent - Republican Candidates Edition"

(Jack Ohman, The Sacramento Bee)

Tonight, at the Shrine of the Immaculate Deception St. Ronnie of Hollywood Lieberry,  is the second Republican poo-flinging contest "debate."  Here's your lineup card, courtesy of Charles P. Pierce:

A frontrunner whose entire platform, as reinforced by a completely whackadoo collection of random sentences that he spouted on Tuesday night, is that he's him and you're not, and neither are the Supreme Leader of Iran, the president of Mexico, or the CEO of the Ford Motor Company.

A woman who nearly destroyed a hugely respected American brand and got paid something north of $20 million just to go away.

A brilliant neurosurgeon who believes that the Medicaid expansion was the Nuremberg Laws.

A guy who was governor of Florida shortly after Ponce de Leon blew town whose brother pretty much wrecked the country.

A bass-playing Bible-banging hayseed, who's presently campaigning for the rights of faith-based goldbricks to slough off on their government jobs.

Two incredibly unpopular governors, only one of whom is under active criminal investigation at the moment.

One governor who is popular in his state, but unloved by the fans of all these other clucks.

And three senators: a rookie from Florida with a pole up his ass the size of El Capitan; a former brogressive hero who can't make up his mind on the Civil Rights movement, and a Canadian-born, Tex-Mex Joe McCarthy whose only achievement in political office is pissing off Mitch McConnell which, while admirable, is hardly a qualification to have the guy with the nuclear codes sitting outside your office.

Also, there will be an earlier debate among people deemed to have insufficient gravitas to share a stage with these giants.
Please have plenty of popcorn at the ready.

Hahahahaha ...

Charles Pierce is truly a gift.

18Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 9:06 pm

Sal

Sal

Kasich is exploiting an opportunity.

19Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 9:17 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This debate is a joke.....

It is going to provide great opportunity for cartoonists and comedians, for sure...

They are not really debating anything, and are just fighting amongst themselves. When will the fisticuffs break out? The moderators are just playing one "contender" off another to get arguments started.

It is hilarious to watch each one stare into the camera and recite from memory all the lines they had memorized for that particular topic.

These poor saps are going no where real fast.........
Embarassed Embarassed

20Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 9:18 pm

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:Kasich is exploiting an opportunity.

They are all exploiting , it is what they do!!!!

21Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 9:48 pm

Sal

Sal

How long is this fucking thing??

Jesus, what a Bozo show.

22Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 10:17 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am surprised nobody has questioned the validity of Ted Cruz's campaign. I thought the President had to have been born in the United States? He is a Canadian who became a naturalized citizen.

Look at all of the grief Obama took when wingnuts everywhere claimed he was born in Kenya, and was therefore not qualified to become POTUS..... I guess so long as a candidate is Republican and white, that argument is moot with them. Hypocrites!

23Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 11:04 pm

Sal

Sal

Observation of the night - 3 plus hours of anything, including an epic train wreck, is boring.

Also, Ted Cruz is a douchebag.

24Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 11:12 pm

2seaoat

Ted Cruz was the kid who got stuffed in his locker who has come back to F the country. What a weasle. What a huge disappointment tonight. I was not impressed with any of these candidates. Kasich spent too much time patting himself on the back.....yea you are the most experienced, but you came off as not the leader you have been.....Carly....well I can fully understand why she took Lucent down the tubes and HP.....Trump continued his role as the chief clown.....honestly this format does not work. It guarantees shallow debate and not issues and substance. We have seriously lost our way.

25Better Start Drinking Now ... Empty Re: Better Start Drinking Now ... 9/16/2015, 11:12 pm

Sal

Sal

I retract my statement.

Kasich gained no ground.

This was so fucking boring, no one gained or lost any ground.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum