Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Was a Paid Internet Shill

+7
Hospital Bob
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Margin Call
PBulldog2
Floridatexan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/14/2013, 4:47 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://consciouslifenews.com/paid-internet-shill-shadowy-groups-manipulate-internet-opinion-debate/1147073/

---------------------------------

Update 1/12/2013: CLN has received a takedown notice asking us to remove this article on the basis that “It is libelous and utterly false” from someone claiming to be a legal agent of Above Top Secret’s parent company. We are currently investigating and will post status updates as they become available. The original thread now appears to have vanished from Above Top Secret’s website.
CLN Editor’s Note: The type of propaganda strategy described in the article below occurs across a wide range of topics and is employed by various corporate, political, and governmental groups to promote a variety of agendas. It is called astroturfing, and it is far more common than most would imagine.

This post is not about Israel, and it is not partisan. It is simply an illustration of the mechanics of how online debate can be manipulated. As this is an anonymous post, we have no way of verifying the information contained herein, and it is presented only for your consideration.
Our intent in posting this is not to spread paranoia or incite shill witch hunts, but merely to encourage readers to view what they read and engage with online with a more discerning eye.
This confession is presented verbatim from its original thread to preserve its integrity. As such, you may notice some minor typographical errors.
For more information on this important topic, see:
Revealed: US Spy Operation That Manipulates Social Media
Astroturfing: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?
Corporate-Funded Online ‘Astroturfing’ Is More Advanced and More Automated Than You Might Think
DON’T TRUST THE WEB
Online Astroturfing Gets Sophisticated
US Military Says Metal Gear Sock Puppets Are Real
Millions Spent to Confuse Public About Geoengineering (Not specifically about online “astroturfing,” but alludes to the same core propaganda strategy)
- Alcyone @CLN

-------------------------------
By Ex-Shill, Above Top Secret
"I am writing here to come out of the closet as a paid shill. For a little over six months, I was paid to spread disinformation and argue political points on the Internet. This site, ATS, was NOT one that I was assigned to post on, although other people in the same organization were paid to be here, and I assume they still walk among you. But more on this later.
I quit this job in the latter part of 2011, because I became disgusted with it, and with myself. I realized I couldn’t look myself in the mirror anymore. If this confession triggers some kind of retribution against me, so be it. Part of being a real man in this world is having real values that you stand up for, no matter what the consequences..."

(much more at site)

We used to call this type of operation "fly by night".

2I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 10:21 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Intriguing, FT. I read the ex-shill's self-expose'. I have no doubt we have encountered paid shills both here and on the old PNJ.

3I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 12:27 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:Intriguing, FT. I read the ex-shill's self-expose'. I have no doubt we have encountered paid shills both here and on the old PNJ.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think we still do.

4I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 12:35 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

There are several unwitting shills on this forum. If you're gonna be a one-sided, unapologetic buffoon, at least get paid for it!

5I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 12:41 pm

2seaoat

There are several unwitting shills on this forum. If you're gonna be a one-sided, unapologetic buffoon, at least get paid for it!

I am certain that one poster was....I had my suspicions that a second poster was....but he simply disappeared. They each represented the other side, and they stayed on script over the last four years. Now that the election is over......there has been a noticeable moderation, and actually some enjoyable contribution by my usual suspect.

6I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 1:01 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

2seaoat wrote:There are several unwitting shills on this forum. If you're gonna be a one-sided, unapologetic buffoon, at least get paid for it!

I am certain that one poster was....I had my suspicions that a second poster was....but he simply disappeared. They each represented the other side, and they stayed on script over the last four years. Now that the election is over......there has been a noticeable moderation, and actually some enjoyable contribution by my usual suspect.

IMO, the repetitive nonsense did more harm than good.

The usual suspect is still nothing more than a forum spammer. There is no real discourse, only CTRL-C, CTRL-V, and a refusal to defend his contradictions.

7I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 1:04 pm

murkle?

8I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 1:06 pm

Lurch wrote:murkle?

markie mark...

what a tool.

9I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 1:14 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

The only time I ever truly thought we were dealing with paid shills was on a very lengthy FairTax thread on the old PNJ forum. New posters would show up defending one side or the other (somewhat intelligently) then promptly leave.

10I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 4:12 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

W_T_M wrote:
Lurch wrote:murkle?

markie mark...
what a tool.

He wasn't even fazed when he was outed, either.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

11I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 4:14 pm

2seaoat

He wasn't even fazed when he was outed, either.

I was not on this forum right away.....what was the outing, and what did it prove?

12I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 4:35 pm

2seaoat wrote:He wasn't even fazed when he was outed, either.

I was not on this forum right away.....what was the outing, and what did it prove?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

He was outed on the PNJ forum. Name, occupation, address, etc...his info was passed around on PM's like a PB&J sandwich at a kid's picnic. I'm not sure it was ever really posted en toto, but most folk had knowledge of it.

And Z-man is right....when his name was used it did not faze him one bit, in fact...he's never even acknowledged it.

13I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 4:41 pm

Sal

Sal

W_T_M wrote:

He was outed on the PNJ forum. Name, occupation, address, etc...his info was passed around on PM's like a PB&J sandwich at a kid's picnic. I'm not sure it was ever really posted en toto, but most folk had knowledge of it.

And Z-man is right....when his name was used it did not faze him one bit, in fact...he's never even acknowledged it.

Ummm, OK, I guess.

But, how does that make him a "paid Internet shill"?

14I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 4:46 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
By Ex-Shill, Above Top Secret
"I am writing here to come out of the closet as a paid shill. For a little over six months, I was paid to spread disinformation and argue political points on the Internet. This site, ATS, was NOT one that I was assigned to post on, although other people in the same organization were paid to be here, and I assume they still walk among you. But more on this later.
I quit this job in the latter part of 2011, because I became disgusted with it, and with myself. I realized I couldn’t look myself in the mirror anymore. If this confession triggers some kind of retribution against me, so be it. Part of being a real man in this world is having real values that you stand up for, no matter what the consequences..."

Firstly, <abovetopsecret.com> is essentially a conspiracy theory website.

Secondly, the quoted material may be legitimate, BUT how are we supposed to know that when half the content on the internet is hoax and fraud. The internet has now cried wolf so many times that I wouldn't know a real wolf if it bit me on the ass.

15I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 4:46 pm

Sal wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Ummm, OK, I guess.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Don't confuse two issues. His MO and incessant talking points repeated ad nausea pointed to shilldom........his blathering ignorance worked against him so his personal info was compromised.

16I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 5:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

W_T_M wrote:
Sal wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Ummm, OK, I guess.

Don't confuse two issues. His MO and incessant talking points repeated ad nausea pointed to shilldom........his blathering ignorance worked against him so his personal info was compromised.

Interesting....if someone posts comments that another poster doesn't agree with the supposed justice is to expose their personal information. How controlling.

17I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 5:22 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

WTM justifies every lowlife and disgusting thing he says and does--including posting personal information of other members--because he is a professional victim.

18I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 6:29 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Sal wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Ummm, OK, I guess.

Interesting....if someone posts comments that another poster doesn't agree with the supposed justice is to expose their personal information. How controlling.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You're an idiot. I received the PM from at least 3 other posters and never used his 1st name until long after his entire profile was posted by someone else.

You have an amazing ability to compartmentalize defeat and plan a cohesive attack when revenge is your motive.

Take your little dog and pony show and play somewhere else.

And that other bitch you run with, take her with you.

How controlling, indeed.

I Was a Paid Internet Shill Echo

19I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 6:36 pm

Nekochan wrote:WTM justifies every lowlife and disgusting thing he says and does--including posting personal information of other members--because he is a professional victim.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You and that other bitch, and you both deserve exactly what you got.

How many times does it take to get through to you...?

Leave me alone, and there won't be any of these tender moments to share.

Damn you're thick.

20I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 6:45 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

W_T_M wrote:
Nekochan wrote:WTM justifies every lowlife and disgusting thing he says and does--including posting personal information of other members--because he is a professional victim.

Damn you're thick.

Says the professional victim who threatens and stalks and post others' personal information.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

21I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 6:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

W_T_M wrote:

Damn you're thick.

We deserve to have our personal information posted on the forum because you say so? Get a hold of yourself!

I think you are the one with the problem...Try a little self-control. There are opinions and many comments that I do not agree with, however, I do not go "off the reservation" and post personal information, vile and nasty comments, or pray for someone's death. Doing that takes it to a level I would consider very close to losing your mind.

22I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 6:47 pm

I Was a Paid Internet Shill DSCN2724

23I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/15/2013, 9:26 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Interesting thread, thanks. Here are the two sentences that stood out for me.

A lot of my job was de-railing and spamming threads that didn’t go our way, or making accusations of racism and anti-Semitism.

If my arguments were so correct, I wondered, why did we have to do this in the first place? Shouldn’t truth propagate itself naturally, rather than through, well…propaganda?

As for the truth of this confession, at the very least it is a warning. It is certainly possible and I believe these things go on for sure. With all the money poured into the media to control the attitudes of the public it is not the tinniest stretch to think that the PTB would hire people to disrupt discussions with BS.

24I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/16/2013, 12:23 am

Nekochan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Damn you're thick.

Says the professional victim who threatens and stalks and post others' personal information.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Chrissy did that and I saw very few people say anything about it...including Boards.

25I Was a Paid Internet Shill Empty Re: I Was a Paid Internet Shill 1/16/2013, 12:27 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Boards didn't ban WTM either.
WTM whines and whines and whines about being mistreated and attacked while making threats, stalking, and posting personal information about other members. He is about as hypocritical and pathetic a person as I've ever seen on any forum.
I am against name posting. By anyone. Period.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum